Page 50 of 172 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 4292

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Just purchased Realm of the Underworld Series 1 from mark's store. Thanks!
    Me too!

Heroic Warrior
    I purchased a case of Django Unchained figures yesterday morning from Entertainment Earth. They have already been shipped and I'm so glad because I think the remaining are being pulled due to controversy.

100 replacement O-Rings - $3.99
    Fixing 100 GI*JOE's with loose or broken O-Rings - priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Encore Starscream (shown with Legends figure for scale)

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...7&d=1357696009
    Starscream is one of my all time favorites. He was my very first Transformer.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Not that I actually bought any of this stuff, but I am seeing a lot of KREO Transformers at Ross and Marshall's.

I am also finding Avengers Flip and Attacks at Ross ($4.99). Those must have sold like wildfire
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I got a spindle of 50 blank DVD+R discs today(probably not a deal to get them off Amazon at their price as I can get packs of 25 at Big Lots for $6 each), as well as 2 Kingston Data Traveler sticks- an 8 GB for $6 and a 16 GB for $10.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    I got a spindle of 50 blank DVD+R discs today(probably not a deal to get them off Amazon at their price as I can get packs of 25 at Big Lots for $6 each), as well as 2 Kingston Data Traveler sticks- an 8 GB for $6 and a 16 GB for $10.

I think Big Lots only has Philips. I don't trust those - although they aren't as bad as Memorex. Also, I only buy DVD-R, I never buy +R's

I need to find some somewhere, I am like completely out

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I think Big Lots only has Philips. I don't trust those - although they aren't as bad as Memorex. Also, I only buy DVD-R, I never buy +R's

I need to find some somewhere, I am like completely out
    I didn't have any problem with Philips, beyond the fact that using the built-in Windows DVD burner is a dumb idea. I installed CDburnerXP and my failure rate on discs dropped quite a bit. With the basic Windows burner I was getting anywhere form a 1 in 10 to 3 in 10 failure rate.

Insecticons w/ Energon cubes

Picked up 2 GI Joe MARS 3-packs and Lion-O & Mumm-Ra, each for $5.

I'd passed on the Thundercats figures at $17 and $11 each (because they're kinda not that great), but I thought they were worth it for $5. Out of the package, the quality is a little poor, but they do have some good poseability, so that's cool.

The MARS troopers were a lot cooler than I thought they'd be, once I got took the four big red helmets off. I'm no customizer, but since I only have $10 in on the 6 troopers, I may try painting the red grenades black (to make them look more believable) or add gold highlights to the helmets & gear (to make them look more like Iron Grenadiers).

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    100 replacement O-Rings - $3.99
    Fixing 100 GI*JOE's with loose or broken O-Rings - priceless
    Where did you get them? My old G.I. Joes are falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by GBglide View Post
    Where did you get them? My old G.I. Joes are falling apart.
    #9 o-rings are available at most hardware stores (Lowes, Home Depot, etc) in the plumbing department. They're about $2 for 10 and they work perfectly. You can also order them in bulk online and get them for less. They're also sold online by collector sites, but they usually charge more.

Superior Spider-Man #1
    New Avengers #1
    Fantastic Four # 1,2 & 3

Marvelous
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

I finally got around to opening those transformer knockoff's that I got a Big Lots

Obviously, the helicopter is a lot nicer than the other one. I might check out the other two when I run into them.

Out of 18 used of those Big Lots Philips DVDs, I've had to toss 6 or 7 so far due to errors, an almost 50% failure rate so far. I'm using IMGburn now and either these discs are terrible, or my DVD drive is going bad. I suspect the discs... not that this DVD drive has ever been any good, it reads slow and has problems with some discs, and seems to really hate almost any CD media I put into it. I may just plunk down $25 on a new DVD drive either way, something that isn't slow to read discs.

I really think it is the discs. The pragmatism you get what you pay for seems to apply. I also think +R's have more problems. That's why I never use them.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got a couple of Amazing Spider-Man comics in that have eluded me for quite a while for one reason or another. First I got Amazing Spider-Man #38 which is the last issue of Spider-Man that artist Steve Ditko worked on. He'd been there since the beginning (Amazing Fantasy #15) and this was his farewell. I just wish there was a better antagonist than the one we got in this story (Joe Smith) who we never hear from again (at least to the best of my knowledge) who gets his super powers (super strength) from a chemical batch and electricity and then goes on a semi-rampage.

Second I got Amazing Spider-Man #47 which features a newly released Kraven the Hunter out to get the Green Goblin for some money owed. Learning that Green Goblin is dead (or so it would seem) and killed by Spider-Man, Kraven goes after Norman Osborn who acted as a middle man between Kraven and Green Goblin in their last transaction. However, Norman Osborn is out of town so Kraven settles for his son, Harry Osborn. Unfortunately, Harry is at a going away party for Flash Thompson who is going off to war. Peter Parker is there with Mary Jane on their first date and he slips away when Kraven crashes the party. Spidey then shows up and rescues Harry from Kraven who now turns his attention on Spider-Man and a battle ensues. Norman returns to New York City after hearing Kraven is looking for him and arrives at the scene. Kraven confronts Norman and asks him for the money Green Goblin owes him but Norman doesn't know what he is talking about. The amnesia Norman received from the last battle with Spidey (issue #40) makes Kraven believe Norman's innocence as his jungle instincts tell him Norman is telling the truth and promptly leaves as his reason for fighting is gone leaving a dazed and confuse Spider-Man.

lastly, I got a new DC Unlimited Shade (with cane) and what do you know? He can't even hold it! I go through the trouble of buying this figure for his cane accessory and he can't even hold it! *Sigh*

So I just used a clear elastic band and tied it to his hand.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I wish there were more, but alas, this is the last one.

I found another Twittle on eBay and won it this morning. This one is missing the collar but has the Russ tag. I think I may be the only person looking for this toy anymore, though it seems most of these old Russ plush toys are rather rate to start with.

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered a 500 GB WD Blue hard drive for $58. Figured I could use a backup drive to keep put up in case mine fails or something.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    You have all 22? Congrats. I just completed my collection last year with Hound. It felt very satisfying putting the last few files into that binder after all these years.

No, I bought 4 of them and I posted pics over the course of the past week. This was the last one to display.

Hopefully, I can get more at some point.

As much as I want to buy G1 and reissues, they're too expensive for me. I'll probably go for heerotoysmaker's unofficial WST figures for G1 stuff from now on. They're costly per unit for a 2" toy but far cheaper than G1 or even official WSTs, and generally made better than the Takara WSTs were.

I don't know how expensive they are because I just started buying them The fact there are apparently only 22 of them sounds promising.
    There are some problems with them though. They don't always resemble the cartoon. Megatron is awesome as a gun -- the glory of diecast -- but he really doesn't resemble the cartoon at all in robot -- which is why I wanted yours.

I'm shooting for the constructicons next. They didn't seem too expensive when I searched for them, and it would be cool to form Devestator if they can do it.

Just ordered MH Skelita and an Asus DVD-RW drive on Amazon.

Big Lots "Insect Robots"

(Yes, it took me three weeks to open them out of the package, I often "save" stuff I buy for rainy days)

The other two are not as cool as these, but still not bad. If you can find the 4-pack at Family Dollar for $5, I highly recommend them. Sure, the robot modes are laughable, but they look neat otherwise.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I just got in Giant Size X-Men #1 today, the second most important X-Men comic (after X-Men #1). This issue features the first appearance of the new X-Men (Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Thunderbird) and the second appearance of Wolverine. The story has Professor X approaching various mutants across the world (Nightcrawler, Banshee, Storm, Colossus, Sunfire, Wolverine and Thunderbird) to aid him in rescuing the previous X-Men (Angel, Iceman, Marvel Girl, Havok and Polaris) who were captured after investigating the detection of a new and powerful mutant presence on a remote island by Cerebro. The lone survivor was Cyclops who returned unaware of what attacked them or how he managed to escape. Back at the island, the mutant reveals itself as the entire island, Krakoa, who provided the means for Cyclops to get away in order to bring him more mutants as a food source. The new X-Men combine forces with the old X-Men and Professor X to combat Krakoa and launch it into space.

I am glad to finally have this historic Bronze Age classice into my collection.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I thought I shared this, but on Saturday we had a toy show here, and this is only PART of what I bought:
    Instead of trying to eventually maybe one day years from now completing my set,
    here is a complete set I got for $15! Aweseome deal!!

and also I got a ship I've been wanting, Runabout from DS9, just $20:

Remember, set your calendar Star Trek, Into Darkness - 17 May 2013
    Also Got Frogger desktop game from the 80s, just $20...
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/