Page 69 of 159 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3967

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I’ve been saying this for years. And every time I say it it’s not long after that I start collecting something new.

Yeah, well stay away from these or you'll be out a hundred bucks.

I found a bunch of them at Walmart. The one's at Walmart don't have working headlights, but you can do some part swapping with the Big Lots guys and then some of them can light up.

The Walmart one's come in obnoxious packaging that can't 'really' be preserved and have nicer tires. Not sure yet if the tires can be swapped; I haven't wanted to risk destroying anybody. I need to head back to big lots and walmart tonight and load up.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I got Fansproject CA-09: Car Crash (a.k.a. Stunticon Breakdown):

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Another quick pic of a trade I picked up. Smokescreen is surprisingly good for a deluxe, and quite nice-looking in both modes. He has a bit of "empty" plastic happening but it doesn't detract much from his overall look. The vehicon is another winner (I already had one). Unfortunately the guy I traded with sent me the wrong figure, and I ended up with that voyager Ultra Magnus as well... not a very good figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...psef3fa8f6.jpg

Another quick pic of a trade I picked up. Smokescreen is surprisingly good for a deluxe, and quite nice-looking in both modes. He has a bit of "empty" plastic happening but it doesn't detract much from his overall look. The vehicon is another winner (I already had one). Unfortunately the guy I traded with sent me the wrong figure, and I ended up with that voyager Ultra Magnus as well... not a very good figure.

I kind of like Ultra Magnus's vehicle mode. Good size, nice colors, tinted blue windows, etc.

He has that going for him, if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I got Fansproject CA-09: Car Crash (a.k.a. Stunticon Breakdown)
    Hey, how do you like Car Crash? I'm into the 3rd party scene and I'm really on the fence with this Menasor. I dig the bot mode but I'm not crazy about the alt mode. Is it too small? Do you think the combiner will stink? By the looks of it the car will just clip on to Menasor's shin which is kinda wack in my opinion.

With the way the 3rd party scene moves, I don't want to be stuck paying twice the price in 6 months because I slept on it now.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    My newest Figuart:

Last edited by Dr Kain; April 25, 2013 at 09:09am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I got more Defiants 4x4s. Here is my review of these.

It better be a big battle royal pic you post up, though!
    I will create a battle royal. It'll be a while cause you guys post nice scenes, I'll need to make a Daily Bugle backdrop for Rhino and Green Goblin to menace Spidey in front. I need something like that as most of the villians are done better than the good guys in most toy lines. (Rhino and Juggernaut look better than Hulk, and one of the better Hulks from Marvel Universe is puny in comparison)(Spiderman still needs a better release).

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    Hey, how do you like Car Crash? I'm into the 3rd party scene and I'm really on the fence with this Menasor. I dig the bot mode but I'm not crazy about the alt mode. Is it too small? Do you think the combiner will stink? By the looks of it the car will just clip on to Menasor's shin which is kinda wack in my opinion.
    Well, Car Crash is approximately 5 inches tall in robot mode (not sure about car mode as I haven't transformered him). He does seem a bit out of proportion in robot mode as his legs are quite long as his pic in my previous post shows. But other than that I think he is great. I'm just waiting for Reprolabels to make a sticker sheet for him to really give him that Stunticon finished look.

As for his combiner possibilities, I honestly bought him simply on his own looks. The Stunticons are my favorite Decepticon gestalt group so I'm a sucker for them. I actually also pre-ordered T-Bone (a.k.a. Wild Rider) just because I like their looks and knew nothing about if there were other Stunticons already made. But I did find this pic:

I'm not sure if the other Stunticons (Dragstrip and Dead End) are Fansproject products as well or mainstream Hasbro releases. But I'm not too worried about a completed Menasor. I just like Wild Rider and Breakdown on their own. Don;'t get me wrong, though. I 'd love a Menasor.

Quote Originally Posted by a-star View Post
    With the way the 3rd party scene moves, I don't want to be stuck paying twice the price in 6 months because I slept on it now.
    Yeah, tell me about it. I'm playing catch up now with these things. I'm already behind on the Predacons and the Aerialbots. Too much great stuff to buy!

And speaking of stuff to buy, I got a Famous Covers Storm:

And the regular version of Marvel Universe Blastaar:

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; April 25, 2013 at 09:14pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Stopped at TRU to look for NECA Deacon or Dutch figures, but nada. They did have some Nick TMNT Snakeweeds in so I snapped one up. Also stopped at the local Goodwill on the way home, and snagged an incomplete but still in very good condition LJN Fortress of Fangs playset.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Hey Benny, what's your verdict on the not-minibots from iGear you got, now that you've had them in hand for a bit? Hench and UFO look quite cool, but I'm worried they won't fit in with the real ones as well.

PoP Walking Dead Michonne's pet 1 & 2
    I may just break down and get the zombies too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Stopped at TRU to look for NECA Deacon or Dutch figures, but nada. They did have some Nick TMNT Snakeweeds in so I snapped one up. Also stopped at the local Goodwill on the way home, and snagged an incomplete but still in very good condition LJN Fortress of Fangs playset.
    Holy smokes! That's an incredible Goodwill find!!

I finally jumped on my first NECA Predators purchase, the Toys R Us Jungle Hunter/ City Hunter 2-pack. These guys are both so cool that I now regret never picking up any of the other Predator figures. Here's my review: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/04/...or-jungle.html

Predator5.jpgPredator3.jpg

I really wanted to grab all the Dutch figures that NECA releases and figured I needed some Predators to go along with them. I think I'll be making a trip to TRU tonight to look for Dutch and the new TMNT figures, since lots of folks seem to be finding them.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    A neighbor of mine had a junker car he wanted dealt with and didn't want to hire a towing company, so he paid me $25 to haul it off. I sold it to a local junkyard for $200 today. I also sold Phil some memory sticks and sold my MH werecats off. That pads up my drained savings/emergency fund a bit, so I ordered these, $36 total

WST "shattered glass" Prime

WST "I don't cost $300" BAPE camo Prime

Hench and UFO look quite cool, but I'm worried they won't fit in with the real ones as well.
    I'm not sure I understand your question, Sandy. You're worried that Hench and UFO won't fit it with what real ones? If you mean Transformers, they are pretty high quality toys. I like them alot.

If you mean will they fit in with other Transformers scale-wise, Hench and UFO fit great with the Masterpiece Transformers. They are not so great with the Transformers Generations/Classics seekers and cars as they are quite big and chunky so they don't look like "mini-vehicles" next to them. The first releases of Spray and Rager fit better in scale with the Classics/Generations Transformers. Conversely, Rager and Spray don't fit so well with the Masterpiece Transformers as they are really undersized ofr that scale.

I hope I answered your question.

As for new scores, I got in a Famous Covers Mr. Fantastic/Invisble Woman set:

Sweet ride

This guy's only a repaint but he looks amazing. Check out those paint apps!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post

I finally jumped on my first NECA Predators purchase, the Toys R Us Jungle Hunter/ City Hunter 2-pack. These guys are both so cool that I now regret never picking up any of the other Predator figures. Here's my review: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/04/...or-jungle.html

I really wanted to grab all the Dutch figures that NECA releases and figured I needed some Predators to go along with them. I think I'll be making a trip to TRU tonight to look for Dutch and the new TMNT figures, since lots of folks seem to be finding them.
    Thanks, Barbecue! Was a bit shocked to see it there in the first place. Usually there's not much to find at Goodwill, but every once in awhile a gem or two pops up. Also agree about NECA Predators; they're like Hot Toys for poor people! And the upcoming Aliens line... . Happy, happy, happy.

As for more wallet torture, the SH Monsterarts Fire Rodan I got from someone on Ebay arrived today. I've been a Godzilla fan from childhood, and these figures have been calling out their Siren songs to me. However, their price tags make me pause. It's a great figure, and it comes with accessories for itself as well as other Monsterarts figures, but he's/she's just a little bugger. I went from having the big foot and a half tall Gojira with the shooting arm to Godzillas that could fit in its mouth.
    I'm sure I'll buy a few more, but the expense will prevent me from going crazy with this line.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post

Thanks, Barbecue! Was a bit shocked to see it there in the first place. Usually there's not much to find at Goodwill, but every once in awhile a gem or two pops up. Also agree about NECA Predators; they're like Hot Toys for poor people! And the upcoming Aliens line... . Happy, happy, happy.

As for more wallet torture, the SH Monsterarts Fire Rodan I got from someone on Ebay arrived today. I've been a Godzilla fan from childhood, and these figures have been calling out their Siren songs to me. However, their price tags make me pause. It's a great figure, and it comes with accessories for itself as well as other Monsterarts figures, but he's/she's just a little bugger. I went from having the big foot and a half tall Gojira with the shooting arm to Godzillas that could fit in its mouth.
    I'm sure I'll buy a few more, but the expense will prevent me from going crazy with this line.
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; April 26, 2013 at 11:03pm.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

If you mean will they fit in with other Transformers scale-wise, Hench and UFO fit great with the Masterpiece Transformers. They are not so great with the Transformers Generations/Classics seekers and cars as they are quite big and chunky so they don't look like "mini-vehicles" next to them. The first releases of Spray and Rager fit better in scale with the Classics/Generations Transformers. Conversely, Rager and Spray don't fit so well with the Masterpiece Transformers as they are really undersized ofr that scale.
    Thanks Bender, that's what I wanted to know. I'll pass on these until something more suitable in scale and style happens...

one of my many recent non MOTU additions is the python patrol a.s.p as pictured

along with the matching conquest and and stun. then got the honking oversized KO dotm Megatron who's almost in scale to my gi-joes !!

I got in a Famous Covers Psylocke today:

I stopped off at Ollie's looking for Defiants 4x4s. They don't have them, but they had a load of Prime deluxe's for $5. I gobbled up an extra Ratchet and Knock Out.

Got Cyberverse Bumblebee for free (Kohl's promotional) and Dreadwing I bought from a TFW2005 board member.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Just picked up arcangel from the marvel legends and the red ranger from the 30th anneversery line

I got in a Famous Covers Psylocke today:
    Jeeze Benny, let the lady out so she can go to the bathroom. Look at her face, she's been holding it in for decades!

Rescue Bots Heateave and Bolder, both first editions, for my son. If anyone finds the first Chase grab it and let me know. It's the only one he doesn't have.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Jeeze Benny, let the lady out so she can go to the bathroom. Look at her face, she's been holding it in for decades!
    I can't. It's how I exert my dominance on females. Well...female dolls anyways.