Page 94 of 173 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 4320

Thread: What's your latest non MOTU toy/item score?

@Diosoth...
    Don't be silly!
    The "other discussion" board is MUCH more friendly for some reason and there are lots of people that post in here that don't post much/if at all in the main discussion boards!
    The "Non-MOTU" thread is one of my favorites on the board!!

That being said!!....

Surprise, Surprise...Walking Dead!
    Comic Book Series: Michonne's Pet
    Penny Blake
    Riot Gear Glenn
    I was SO freaking excited when i saw them in the shipment today! I didn't think we were gonna carry them!
    Not to mention the life size Darryl Dixon standee (i didn't buy that though, i may though).

Penny Blake is by far my favorite...except for one thing...her legs are bowed...she comes with a stand so that helps but i was a bit disappointed by that. The bucket of body parts...AWESOME!!! Zombie head fish tank, lovely!!
    The head for Michonnes pet (Mike) brilliant idea, BUT the color is about 4 shades lighter than the figure of the pet #1, which is what yer supposed to put it on...I mean ill get another one for both pets but still...

Riot Gear Glenn is sweet! Not big into variants...but for WD I can make an exception. Love the gas tank and blood splattered riot shield!!

Tyrone/Zombie Pet...is okay...no knee joint...but an ankle joint which is pointless on that figure...not sure why they gave him two removable arms? I guess so u can have yer Michonne cut them off?? Would have been nice if he came with the other head so the colors would gave matched. Oh McFarlane toys...

AND

Darryl Dixon POP...he's so cute & cuddly like this! I'll probably skip Rick Grimes but will no doubt break down and get the bicycle zombie girl...

Posts like this are what happens when i drink Starbucks coffee too late...
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; August 22, 2013 at 10:48pm.

I agree with Stratos* -- one of my favorite board members

Regarding Big Lots, they aren't that cheap when you consider the number of figures that have been sighted. There's been what, 30 figures? That's over $300 that you have to spend in a compressed time period. That's part of the reason why I was picky about which ones I kept, and which ones I decided to sell or return.

Regarding the vintage figures, having them isn't particularly exciting. Mine are all packed away. I will eventually sell them off so someone else gets a turn.

FYI, my Big Lots got flooded with Vigo's. There were 10 of them between the two stores.

Awwww thanks Phil!!
    Don't for get Cyber Monday!!!!
    CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!!
    I don't even care about BF any more its all about CM now! SO much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Awwww thanks Phil!!
    Don't for get Cyber Monday!!!!
    CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!!
    I don't even care about BF any more its all about CM now! SO much easier!

You did have a lot of coffee!
    What the heck is cyber Monday? BF? CM?

@Phil...
    For real!!!???
    CM = Cyber Monday = the 1st monday following Black Friday. It's the online version of BF. You could get figures on matty for $10.00 BUT it was a flash sale so there is no combined shipping! I got my MAA & Tri-Klops on CM.
    BF = Black Friday = day after Thanksgiving sales (mattycollector takes part)
    But Amazon does flash sales & Barnes & Nobel does good stuff too. Target, Walmart, Best Buy all do CM now...most times its even better than BF!
    Flash Sale = a sale that only lasts for a certain amount of time OR with a certain amount of stock.

LOL. Ok. I'm a clearance hunter. Sales are continuous

Anyway, I go back to college on Monday. I've gotta get out of collector mode. I've got to get try to get the rest of my books tomorrow and next Friday I have to go the dentist. Hope no Star Wars Black figures are coming right away....

I bought so much crap last year at the Cyber Monday sale. That's what actually got me into collecting MOTUC. I had wanted to buy some figures for a long time but didn't want to pay the premium. Saw the salw and bought something like 10 figures and the Wind Raider. It was a good time!

I picked up 2 more master Windu's for $3 each. Two more figure stands

Did anyone see that giant Darth Vader at Walmart? That thing is huge!
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; August 23, 2013 at 05:15pm.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Take a pic next to him!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

He is awesome. I want one but the wife said no.

I picked up 2 more master Windu's for $3 each. Two more figure stands

yup sure did I was gonna get it but passed but today I also saw a huge Bale Batman !! looks like it was made by the same guys

One thing that kind of annoys me is that they, apparently, gave it swivels at the legs. I hate to ask this but what purpose does that serve?

- - - Updated - - -

I got Master Chief from the Hyve of Villainy.

- - - Updated - - -

Over an hour later, and this is what's left of the box from the MO-LARR I found at BL.

And here's everything that is or might be useful

Alright, time for another wrap-up post of flea market finds (and other misc. purchases). This is the stuff I got for july and august so far!

Vintage Sludge and two micromasters. No accessories on Sludge, but I didn't have him and he was in good quality.

Warhammer 40,000 original space marine box (1987). I don't play myself anymore, so I'll be selling this. Nice condition tho, although a few marines are missing in action.

I wasn't very impressed by the Indiana Jones figures when they came out, but at really cheap prices they're quite nice. The t-hips annoy me greatly, but I guess that's life when each figure is a buck or less each. Ilsa is missing her Luger and one of the soldiers is missing her rifle, but otherwise they're pretty complete. I see these pop up more and more at flea markets I go to, but I'll only buy ones that are in good condition.

Mighty Max is a weird one for me. The toys came out after I felt I'd outgrown toys, but I always liked the cartoon, and I've come to love the toys as well. So when I found three MiP Doom Zones for a couple of bucks each I couldn't pass them up. They're not very expensive online, but since they have so many small parts this is a very easy way to get guaranteed complete sets. Very happy about these!

And finally a vintage Rancor! I never got one as a kid, so this is a fun find.

That's it for me for now!

Heroic Warrior
    Awesome finds Sandman the Rancor is great.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

I got two more glow in the dark aliens at Dollar General. The only problem with these guys is they can't stand up.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Nice find with Sludge, I still have Grimlock and Slag, never did have the other three. I hate how they changed Slag's name to 'Slug' in stuff like Fall of Cybertron. How did Hasbro lose a name like Slag? Who else is using it?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Thanks Hammerfall and Optimus! I'm glad to own both of those for such a low price. Truly the wonder of flea markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Nice find with Sludge, I still have Grimlock and Slag, never did have the other three. I hate how they changed Slag's name to 'Slug' in stuff like Fall of Cybertron. How did Hasbro lose a name like Slag? Who else is using it?
    It was changed because it's an offensive word in the UK market, and Hasbro was worried about a possible lawsuit (it means prostitute in British slang). The same reason they removed the word "spastic" from a text box.

Okay - these are cool!

Stopped in the Dollar General in the town I work in to get a birthday card for my sis, and decided to check out the toy section(s) - they're all over the place. They had new stuff in, and I found these:

These are great toys. I'd heard of M.A.R.S. robots at DG, but these are the first I've seen.

The alien has 10 points of ball joint articulation and flexible, but not gummy, plastic. The mech has 11 ball joints and the shoulder-mounted launchers are swivel joints. The plastic is hard, but not brittle-feeling. The articulation can be limited by the sculpt, but you can get some cool poses out of them. They had one of each of the aliens and mechs, but none of the troopers (top line of card-back). Definitely will pick up more if I see them, because for $2.50 (yep, two dollars and fifty cents), these are a steal.
    Last edited by Nekk-ra; August 27, 2013 at 09:26pm.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

Those look pretty cool. I may have to check one or two of them out. Are those 2-packs?

Those look pretty cool. I may have to check one or two of them out. Are those 2-packs?
    Single packs.

The price point on these surprised me. I was expecting them to be $5 each, not half that.

Thanks.

I see them at Ross a lot. But I don't recall what they were charging. I think it might have been up around $10 for some type of deluxe 2-packs.

I didn't really know what they were and didn't see any compelling reason to pick them up. I'll definitely check them out for under $3.

More toys! As the pile gets ever higher and higher...will Alexx ever find a way out?

The answer is no. So here's Splinter Cell Leo! He was a tough one to find - I guess he's the popular one? I can see why, now that he's in hand. I had only planned on Donatello, but he was disappointing. SOOO...I tried the only other one who was interesting. He's MUCH better! All his articulation works better and his swords are pretty wicked (unlike Don's really short bo). Plus his crossbow can sorta be messed with to hook on to the rope he comes with, so you can make it look like he's using that to climb. Neat!

Found the newest Transformer Kreo blind bags, though there's not much of interest this time around. Got a Sharkticon (who is goofy as heck) and Black Tie Optimus for those formal occasions.

Next I got some more Blind Bagged Imaginext guys...and that sorta opened the floodgates. I never wanted to collect these guys 'cause they're TOO COOL. When something is TOO COOL, I try to stay away because I'm collecting other things. When a toyline has all my favorite themes...where does it end? I could seriously get ANYTHING from this line. I love the simplicity, the size, the accessories, and sorta collectable style of these guys (like with Lego Minifigures). Sooo...I checked out the current line other than the blind bagged guys and OF COURSE found things I want.

First off, TRU was having a buy-one-get-one-40%-off so I just chose two things: a wolf and guy, and a dragon and guy. The wolf I chose because he's hilarious. His simple little "biting" gimmick is addictive and perfect for making him talk. The dragon guy is just cool.

Finally, I got SKELETONS because SKELETONS. I knew I was gona fail to keep away from these. There's also a couple with friggin' shark costumes that I gotta have. Also a fire skeleton riding a fire skeleton horse. UGH. LEAVE ME ALONE IMAGINEXT. Stop being so cool!

They seriously need to bring back He-Man in Imaginext form. It's seriously perfect for it.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

No sign of those Robotech robots at my local Dollar Generals. I got a few more tabletop footballs out of the gumball machine: Atlanta, NY Jets, and Arizona. I now have 18 of the 32 teams.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

WWE Elite Miss Elizabeth
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "... but don't mind me. I'm just a Stoopid Head."

"There is magic in forgiveness, the magic to heal. In forgiveness you grant, but more so, in forgiveness you receive."
    -- From "Temple of the Winds", Terry Goodkind

My .org Trader Feedback Thread
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post

Finally, I got SKELETONS because SKELETONS. I knew I was gona fail to keep away from these. There's also a couple with friggin' shark costumes that I gotta have. Also a fire skeleton riding a fire skeleton horse. UGH. LEAVE ME ALONE IMAGINEXT. Stop being so cool!

They seriously need to bring back He-Man in Imaginext form. It's seriously perfect for it.
    You know, if you take the armor for the wizard from the new Castle Tower playset and put it on the fire skeleton, it's essentially an Imaginext Disco Skeletor. Just saying....