Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney-Pixar's Brave movie thread

Disney-Pixar's Brave movie thread

Here is the teaser trailer to 2012's Brave:

Disney's description of the movie from their youtube page:

Since ancient times, stories of epic battles and mystical legends have been passed through the generations across the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland. In "Brave," a new tale joins the lore when the courageous Merida (voice of Kelly Macdonald) confronts tradition, destiny and the fiercest of beasts.

Merida is a skilled archer and impetuous daughter of King Fergus (voice of Billy Connolly) and Queen Elinor (voice of Emma Thompson). Determined to carve her own path in life, Merida defies an age-old custom sacred to the uproarious lords of the land: massive Lord MacGuffin (voice of Kevin McKidd), surly Lord Macintosh (voice of Craig Ferguson) and cantankerous Lord Dingwall (voice of Robbie Coltrane). Merida's actions inadvertently unleash chaos and fury in the kingdom, and when she turns to an eccentric old Wise Woman (voice of Julie Walters) for help, she is granted an ill-fated wish. The ensuing peril forces Merida to discover the meaning of true bravery in order to undo a beastly curse before it's too late.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Looks really cool.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Oooh, I'm totaly on board... until the trailer that reveals the wise-cracking anachronistic animal sidekick and the slapstick.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Ok, help me out.... Ireland or Scotland?

Still, it looks cool. I'd like to see a longer trailer though with a bit more stuff in it.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I love how they named a character Lord MacGuffin.

I would have to see more and here more, the description is still pretty vague.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

OMG A pixar movie with humans? lol!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

It's Pixar. I'm there. I have not been given a single reason to ignore anything that they do so far.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior OverlordSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Ok, help me out.... Ireland or Scotland?

Still, it looks cool. I'd like to see a longer trailer though with a bit more stuff in it.
    It would be Scottish.

In fact the website is supposed to play Scotland The brave.
    Grief Is The Price We Pay For Love

Live The Life That Unfolds Before You

Browncoats stand up and be proud.

Looking Backward Is Fine But Going Backwards Isn't

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Brave looks like it'll be a great movie -- I hope we get to see more of the movie soon.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadod View Post
    Pixar released The Incredibles a few years back -- it was just recently given a Blu-Ray release. It's a really great movie, I highly recommend it. I was hoping we'd see a sequel by now -- perhaps after Brave hits theaters.

looking at the wiki entry, Brave is next years movie and will be followed by Monster University (sequel to Monster's INC).

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    It's Pixar. I'm there. I have not been given a single reason to ignore anything that they do so far.
    Quoted for Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlordSkeletor View Post
    It would be Scottish.

In fact the website is supposed to play Scotland The brave.
    Cool. Thanks. Next year I am heading over to Scotland.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

True but other then that it's been cars,toys,animals and if I remember wasn't there one about a baseball?
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

As much as I love Pixar and the celtic fantasy setting...does this feel like a generic trailer to anyone else? Like a cash grab on the heels of How to Train Your Dragon even. I mean I've loved Pixar movies that started with lame trailers before--Finding Nemo comes to mind. But I'm disappointed by this just the same. It doesn't get me any more excited than the pre-production artwork already did.
    Did you miss all those humans in Incredibles, Ratatouille, Up, Wall-E, and parts of Toy Story 3? I mean sure they had non-humans too, but for all we know that horse and bear can talk in Brave. I wouldn't even say most of their movies haven't featured humans.
    Last edited by gbagok; June 28, 2011 at 07:32pm.

What I mean isa that there's rarely any pixar stuff centered on humans yes toy story 3 had both andy and new girl bonnie (incredebles is a rare exception as is shrek) but other then that you won't find many humans as cetral chars(background chars not included)

And besides I hadn't meant this conversation last this long my original statment was meant more as a joke.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    As much as I love Pixar and the celtic fantasy setting...does this feel like a generic trailer to anyone else? Like a cash grab on the heels of How to Train Your Dragon even. I mean I've loved Pixar movies that started with lame trailers before--Finding Nemo comes to mind. But I'm disappointed by this just the same. It doesn't get me any more excited than the pre-production artwork already did.
    This was my response, granted the movie won't be out till Summer 2012 so they aren't going to give us a whole lot. But this is like the Hulk looking in a mirror from the Ang Lee Hulk movie. Many people cheered and went on how they were going t o watch it cause it looks awesome.

I don't get too much into teaser type trailers anymore aside from something to look forward to... the real trailer.

Eh, I don't know when this was conceived, so I can't say if it has anything to do with How to Train Your Dragon or not. More likely it's nothing but a coincidence, and the creators are probably worried that it'll feel like a cash grab. One thing's for sure: I'll bet you everyone has an accent. All the kids in Dragon were...I dunno...not old enough for thier accents, yet? 'Course none of that matters 'cause the movie was hilarious and awesome. Nonetheless, I'll bet this will feel nothing like Dragon.

It's Pixar. It's taken me awhile, but I've learned not to ignore 'em. I can't remember how many times I thought: "Oh, another computer animated film" and then completely turned around when I saw it. All the Toy Story movies were fantastic, and well...how is that possible? Two good sequels, with the third being particularly amazing? Just opinion, I know, but a popular one. On top of that, like I said, anything that seemed absolutley standard on the trailer just ended up being awesome. Pixar has yet to let me down, and I don't see it happening any time soon. Doesn't mean they can't, but I think I spent the rest of my doubt on Toy Story 3. I did not think that would be any good. At least not anything beyond "just cool." It was freakin' awesome. If they can squeeze that much awesome out of a third movie in an old franchise, then they can do anything.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

What I mean isa that there's rarely any pixar stuff centered on humans yes toy story 3 had both andy and new girl bonnie (incredebles is a rare exception as is shrek) but other then that you won't find many humans as cetral chars(background chars not included)

And besides I hadn't meant this conversation last this long my original statment was meant more as a joke.
    The movie "Up" revolved around an old man and a kid. And was a very good movie, if you have not seen it, go watch it.

So far their movies have revolved around alot of different things and they have not really dwelled alot on any one subject matter. Pixer makes great films, no matter what the subject matter is.

Toys (Toy Story trilogy)
    Insects (Bugs Life)
    Monsters and a little girl (Monsters Inc)
    Human Super heroes (The Incredibles)
    Cars (Cars)
    Humans and a flying house (Up)
    Robots (Wall-E)
    Rats and humans (Ratatouille)
    Shrek was Dreamworks

I am however upset that I don't see a way to get John Ratzenberger's voice into the film... thats a tradition! Unless he's in the short at the begening... Which would only be ok with me, if it's all of his characters from previous movies arguing over something.
    Last edited by Rain; June 29, 2011 at 01:16pm.
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

Eh, I don't know when this was conceived, so I can't say if it has anything to do with How to Train Your Dragon or not. More likely it's nothing but a coincidence, and the creators are probably worried that it'll feel like a cash grab. One thing's for sure: I'll bet you everyone has an accent. All the kids in Dragon were...I dunno...not old enough for thier accents, yet? 'Course none of that matters 'cause the movie was hilarious and awesome. Nonetheless, I'll bet this will feel nothing like Dragon.

It's Pixar. It's taken me awhile, but I've learned not to ignore 'em. I can't remember how many times I thought: "Oh, another computer animated film" and then completely turned around when I saw it.
    Typically from idea to release for a Pixar (most animated features of this scale) is 3-5 years.

I have yet to come across a bad Pixar film, but there are those I like, those I love, and those I didn't care as much for. Cars and Ratatouille are great movie, I didn't like them though. So my point about the teaser is I know hardly anything about this movie for me to even think I will like this movie.

It's Pixar. It's taken me awhile, but I've learned not to ignore 'em. I can't remember how many times I thought: "Oh, another computer animated film" and then completely turned around when I saw it. All the Toy Story movies were fantastic, and well...how is that possible? Two good sequels, with the third being particularly amazing? Just opinion, I know, but a popular one. On top of that, like I said, anything that seemed absolutley standard on the trailer just ended up being awesome. Pixar has yet to let me down, and I don't see it happening any time soon. Doesn't mean they can't, but I think I spent the rest of my doubt on Toy Story 3. I did not think that would be any good. At least not anything beyond "just cool." It was freakin' awesome. If they can squeeze that much awesome out of a third movie in an old franchise, then they can do anything.
    Oh no, I don't think Pixar is trying to copy Dreamworks! Don't think that!

I just meant the trailer feels that uninspired that one could think it was a copy cat. Usually there's a twist to Pixar's movies that's evident early in the marketing. Up got my attention with a web ad with the old man's floating house and a simple "hello." But this...this just doesn't have their magic. It looks good of course, I'm sure the magic will appear, but for a first trailer this doesn't have Pixar's identity to it. The best I can say here is that I had a similar feeling about Finding Nemo, which seemed to just be Albert Brooks throwing one of his signature tantrums and Ellen DeGeneres playing an pinhead. Of course that went on to be a wonderful movie with characters I dearly loved, so who knows? But I do think The Bear and the Bow was a more interesting title than just Brave. Disney and their minimalist titles again.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    This was my response, granted the movie won't be out till Summer 2012 so they aren't going to give us a whole lot. But this is like the Hulk looking in a mirror from the Ang Lee Hulk movie. Many people cheered and went on how they were going t o watch it cause it looks awesome.

I don't get too much into teaser type trailers anymore aside from something to look forward to... the real trailer.
    True, there is plenty of time. It's just not a very interesting teaser for them. The Incredible was probably the best with the belt gag, and it was all unique to the trailer. I'm not trying to make a big deal though. I think we'll see better, but I won't pretend that for a teaser this one underwhelms--particularly for Pixar.
    Last edited by gbagok; June 29, 2011 at 06:00pm.

Oh no, I don't think Pixar is trying to copy Dreamworks! Don't think that!

I just meant the trailer feels that uninspired that one could think it was a copy cat. Usually there's a twist to Pixar's movies that's evident early in the marketing. Up got my attention with a web ad with the old man's floating house and a simple "hello." But this...this just doesn't have their magic. It looks good of course, I'm sure the magic will appear, but for a first trailer this doesn't have Pixar's identity to it. The best I can say here is that I had a similar feeling about Finding Nemo, which seemed to just be Albert Brooks throwing one of his signature tantrums and Ellen DeGeneres playing an pinhead. Of course that went on to be a wonderful movie with characters I dearly loved, so who knows? But I do think The Bear and the Bow was a more interesting title than just Brave. Disney and their minimalist titles again.
    Fair enough; I honestly can't disagree with anything there! I suppose I went off on a tangent, 'cause I do agree that the trailer is fairly lackluster. I went off on the tangent 'cause I've felt a lot of Pixar trailers were fairly lackluster and just about everything took me by surprise (I remember The Incredibles seemed mildly interesting, which is why I went to see it, but it just blew me away when I did). No matter the luster or lack thereof, however, I have come to trust them outright. They just somehow bring the magic for me every time, with only Cars having a slight downturn (and then, only slight 'cause I'm just not interested in cars normally; the humor is what brings it home, like most).

No idea it was going to be called Bear and the Bow, though. I agree; that's a much better name! That grabs the attention much more than just Brave.

here is a new trailer for it:

It is looking good.

I can't wait to see this!
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

It's looking better. The first half of the trailer felt like one of Disney's old B movies from the 60s. So her wish to "change her fate" turns her family into bears?

Movie mayhem!
    This chick looks JUST like my roomie... hair and everything. Its uncanny!