Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disney-Pixar's Brave movie thread

My wife and I saw Brave yesterday and LOVED it!!
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    My wife and I saw Brave yesterday and LOVED it!!
    Apparently they're projecting a $55-60 million opening.

I wish Mattel/Classic Media would do something with She-Ra now.

Heroic Warrior
    I saw it last night and loved it.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I took my family to see it last night. very good movie. It didnt "move" me like other pixar movies have. but it was very well done. my wife agreed and said it was good, but she actually didnt even like it as much as tangled, and that bothered her, cause she wanted to be blown away.

Saw it last night. I really liked it. It didn't surpass Up! as my favorite Pixar movie, but it might have surpassed Monsters Inc. and Toys Story 3. Perhaps my second favorite Pixar movie?

I loved the scene where:

Merida stands up at the archery tournament and says that as first born she will compete for her own hand. I loved how she just walked past all the targets, firing the arrows dead center into each target while her mother was screaming for her to stop. Very powerful depiction of the strength of Merida's character!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    As much as I love Pixar and the celtic fantasy setting...does this feel like a generic trailer to anyone else?
    I know I'm replying to an nearly year-old post, but I agree. I haven't seen the movie (yet), but the preview and commercials haven't really been doing anything for me. It does have this forgetable, generic movie feel that many (not all, but many) CGI animated films from other studios like Dreamworks tend to have. If the ads didn't specify that it is from Disney and Pixar, I would assume that it was from one of those other studios.

The only reason that I may check this out (and I'm not yet sure if it will be in theaters or if I'll wait for the Blu-Ray release) is because it is Pixar and their films are almost always very entertaining and of high quality. So, hopefully my tune will change when I eventually see it (either way I won't be rushing to the theater any time in the immediate future to see it). But for now, something about it (based on the ads) just seems very "blahhhh....".

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    I saw it. It's was really good, just yeah, just blah. It felt like a Disney movie (a good one) a opposed to a Pixar movie like Wall-E or Up.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I thought it was great. It isn't their best work (Wall-E), but it definitely is no where near their worst (Cars). The biggest problem with the movie is that it needed a full fledged villian instead of just a last minute one. There was really no conflict in it. The other issue with the movie is Pixar played this one safe. Due to its nature, look at How to Train Your Dragon. The movie took risks, there were consequences to the characters' actions. This movie, however, had none of that. Even Cars 2 (which is for some reason is everyone's most hated Pixar movie) had consequnces.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

southern california...where the weather isn't all that hot...but the girls sure are :D
    My biggest fear was this was going to be another "Disney Princess" story. I was very happy to see that that wasn't the case. Normally, in those sort of storys, the Princess doesn't want to get married, resists, but then ends up falling in love (Aladdin anyone?). I was glad to see they took it in a different direction. As others have said, not Pixars best work, but the story was decent. I loved how they updated their software too for this to really make the environment stand out. Simply stunning visual work as usual. But you could totally see that their were "creative" differences during the production and you can see where the old direct left and new one came in. It really felt like two different things were going on with this movie. It worked out decently i guess, but it was still a part i could see and that still kinda bugs me. It kept the movie from being a great one.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    I saw it. It's was really good, just yeah, just blah. It felt like a Disney movie (a good one) a opposed to a Pixar movie like Wall-E or Up.
    REALLY good description. i completely understand, the lean towards Disney, than pixar.

for me, now sitting a few days out I cant help but think, the movie could have gone so much farther than it did. someone on here mentioned that the moment of her at the archery range was amazing. I agree. i thought that she thought out of the box, but wasn't really breaking any rules.

you could then have gone more into:
    role of a woman, and how it changes.
    relationship between mother and daughter, and how moms want the best for their kids
    her wanting to break free from being a princess.......

all of these points would have been great to expand upon, and grow with.

I know that they dabbled in the whole mom daughter thing, but seriously, they could have explored so much more of that relationship, instead of just, funny then serious momma bear moments, to a hugging mom at the end and saying "sorry i wished for you to be "changed".....

it was just SO random that she wanted a change, went to a witch and BAM the change was....... TURNING into a bear!!!!!! the thought process behind this whole scene and choice was just so disconnected compared to other pixar movies which seemed to even have meaning in things you DON'T notice.....

don't get me wrong it was fun, and my children liked it. but the whole, "it didn't move me as much, and i couldn't put my finger on it" has been making me mad, so i have tried to go through it in my head.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    BTW, the 3D is not that good in this movie, and I love 3D. There are just way too many scenes that the camera moves around too quick for the 3D to stay in focus.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Just watched it, and I liked it.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I have watched that movie to death! I have loved the BRAVE since the first time I got to watch it in theaters.

BRAVE and Wreck-It Ralph are my all time top to CGI animated flicks right now.

Heroic Warrior
    Very good movie i should say but not as uplifting as the Toy Story Trilogy or Up for that matter but just plain fun like Incredibles, a huge improvement over the disappointing Cars 2 and feels almost like a Ghibli movie sort of speak.

Any guys here thought Merdia was foxy for a CGI character? i do especially with that fine figure and stunning hair, i think she's the foxiest warrior princess in animation since Adora and Taarna from Heavy Metal.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.