View Poll Results: Would you buy a "Purple Armor" Faker Repaint?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, absolutely!

63 47.01%
  • No, never.

53 39.55%
  • I'd only buy him if I didn't get the orange-armored one.

18 13.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faker Re-Release/Repaint with purple armor?

Faker Re-Release/Repaint with purple armor?

It seems that there is a pretty good chance that Faker will sell out as fast as Stratos, if not even faster.
    Now, let's pretend that really happens, and due to fan demand, Mattel decides to re-release him later on.

BUT, in order to distinguish the 2nd run from what was originally supposed to be a limited Exclusive figure, Mattel decides to produce no straight re-release. Instead, they go with a repaint, using the "purple sword & armor" color scheme from the original cardbacks:

Now my question is: Would you buy that figure?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Yep, I would. The magenta looks better to me.

I vote yes anything to get me more motuc figures.

Yes I would as well! Does anyone know if the allocation of Fakers at NYCC sold out? I am just intrested to know if they did, as we haven't had any reports saying how well he sold at the con from TG (that I have seen).
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Yes, I think I would, but I'm anticipating getting Faker next month as he currently is before turning my attention to a repaint.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Goes without saying, I'd snatch such a repaint up as soon as it were available.

"Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    The card back version looks good, but having the photoshopped version of the MOTUC I voted no. I think he loses something.

I wouldn't want this version. At least not until far into the future, when Mattel has already reissued the original version at least once for those who miss out.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Yes I would buy this repaint, but I'd prefer a straight re-release with much brighter hair as second run. If a repaint like shown above was made, but with a lot brighter hair, I'd get a few duplicates to swap heads too...

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Eh. It's cool and all, but I wouldn't feel compelled to get it. Faker is only special to me in orange, 'cause that's the one I had. If they wanted to do a repaint of him, i'd rather see something new and strange. For instance, if they matched Skeletor's purple so it looks like Skelly's evil sword also turned him into a version of He-Man. That would be interesting! Useless for most people's own stories, but I don't mind.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I don't like that color on Faker. The pink / purple scheme works for Prince Adam, but for a character like Faker it would, IMO, look very.... awkward...

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    That's funny! In one thread people are complaining that Faker is just a simple repaint of He-Man and In this thread the majority wants a Faker repaint. I do not necessarily need a Faker repaint. Ok, I would surely buy one.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    That's funny! In one thread people are complaining that Faker is just a simple repaint of He-Man and In this thread the majority wants a Faker repaint. I do not necessarily need a Faker repaint. Ok, I would surely buy one.

Not interested in a Magenta armored Faker myself.
    So I voted no.

But honestly if they re-release him with that deco, I'll be happy for all of you who wanted him, and happy I don't have to buy him.

In general, I'm all for as many figures as they can release and re-release, whether I like the characters or color choices or not. Long Live MotU!!! Now, and FOREVER!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Yeah I'd get him, I liked the magenta Faker since the first time I saw him.

A big fan of Slush Head
    You bet I will! I've been dying to have a magenta armor faker since I was little.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I hope the changes in the re-issues aren't that drastic. Something that different would compel most fans to want both versions, which kind of defeats the point of the re-release, since it's supposed to be 2nd chance for those who missed out the first time. A less significant change, something that satisfies the 2nd chancers, and is different enough to entice a few completists, would be more in order IMO.

Not for me, thanks. I never even knew about "magenta Faker" until the last couple of years. Orange is where it's at for me personally, and Faker isn't a character I'm crazy enough about to want another one.

However, if it were to come out with a little more brightly-colored hair like Evil Ed mentioned, then I might get him just to swap the head with my "Orange Faker."

Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    I hope the changes in the re-issues aren't that drastic. Something that different would compel most fans to want both versions, which kind of defeats the point of the re-release, since it's supposed to be 2nd chance for those who missed out the first time. A less significant change, something that satisfies the 2nd chancers, and is different enough to entice a few completists, would be more in order IMO.
    I agree with this (^) completely.

If they did the StarComics version, I'd buy that one for sure! But not a mild re-paint like that.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

the card back one looks red with ginger hair to me....

I'd prefer if they gave a repaint a a black and bronze colour scheme. a black bowersword with bronze hilt would look really cool (instead of the plain stupid day glo orange one) and a black harness with a bronze trim would work equally well. I'd rush out to buy that one.

But red or purple armour? I'd probaby pass it up unless there was a bonus (battle damaged plz!!!!) head included

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I think that would be great a leo faker ( just add skeletor staff ) as a re-release.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/EvilW.../Fakerpage.htm
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    No need for a individually packaged repaint. Just throw those accessories into the next Weapons Pak and sold!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Not for me, i prefer the classics armor!

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I think that would be great a leo faker ( just add skeletor staff ) as a re-release.

http://www.grayskullmuseum.com/EvilW.../Fakerpage.htm
    Add the skele loin cloth and extra green paint detail around the eyes and then your talkin'!

Along with Fuerza-T it'll never happen.

Wish I had enough spare time/cash to do some customising.

[QUOTE=LEE-RO;2444061]Add the skele loin cloth and extra green paint detail around the eyes and then your talkin'!

I agree, that would be a great version. I dont think an extra limited run of a figure would cut into any monthly slot. Look how sucessful the spirit of hordak figure has been. I wonder how a all blue translucent faker would look like.