View Poll Results: What Does "No More 2002 Heads" Mean To You?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm Happy Since I Dislike 2002!!!

23 15.54%
  • I'm Unhappy Since I Like The 2002 Designs More Than Vintage!!!

24 16.22%
  • I'm Unhappy Since I Like Some Of The 2002 Designs More Than Vintage!!!

53 35.81%
  • I'm Done With Collecting MOTUC!!!

1 0.68%
  • I Might Be Done With Collecting MOTUC!!!

0 0%
  • I Couldn't Care Less!!!

47 31.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Does "No More 2002 Heads" Mean To You?

What Does "No More 2002 Heads" Mean To You?

We have now been told that Whiplash will be the first & last MOTUC toy to come with a second head in the 2002 style. Obviously this has upset a lot of people, but what does it mean to you?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    We have now been told that Whiplash will be the first & last MOTUC toy to come with a second head in the 2002 style. Obviously this has upset a lot of people, but what does it mean to you?
    It means that Marzo and Canrivus may be flukes in the MOTUC line. If they have their way, I feel Mattel upper management won't stop at the heads- they will keep pushing to remove as many 200x as possible, including unproduced MYP characters.

Right now Toyguru says that this isn't the case, but I don't trust Mattel upper management.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    It means that Marzo and Canrivus may be flukes in the MOTUC line. If they have their way, I feel Mattel upper management won't stop at the heads- they will keep pushing to remove as many 200x as possible, including unproduced MYP characters.

Right now Toyguru says that this isn't the case, but I don't trust Mattel upper management.
    Hopefully, if Chief Carnivus sells well, we'll still get some new 2002 characters. I may not be the biggest 2002/MYP fan, but I think I actually prefer the MYP Whiplash head over The Four Horsemen's vintage head and I know I love Carnivus.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior
    Im in this for the original classic figures, so I dont care, hopefully for me this means more 80's figs

This sucks. I've enjoyed most of the "non-Vintage toy" heads in MOTUC. This will mean that Clawful WILL LOOK like Rey Mysterio's crab obsessed cousin instead of a crab creature.
    If Rio Blast had come with a 200X head and a vintage head I would've used the Vintage head.
    Kobra Khan would've gotten the 200X head.
    I choose my MOTUC heads in base of how good they look on the figure. Unfortunately for me, non-Vintgae look almost always won.

Does this mean that we're getting Alternate expression heads? or does this mean that the small amount of extra heads that we got will be reduced even more?
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    It means... I hope the line crashes and burns the likes of which no toyline has in history. I mean I really hope the next figure to come out doesn't sell a single unit outside the subscription. I know this is totally unrealistic, but a guy can dream right.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle_Brak View Post
    It means... I hope the line crashes and burns the likes of which no toyline has in history. I mean I really hope the next figure to come out doesn't sell a single unit outside the subscription. I know this is totally unrealistic, but a guy can dream right.
    Wow, bitter much?

I know this isn't good news for a 200X fan, but your response is pretty selfish.

I voted for "I couldn't care less" because I don't particularly like the majority of the redesigns. However, I would never say I'm glad that they're not making them. I honestly feel bad for the 200X fans in this situation.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I'm Unhappy Since I Like both classic and 200x designs and I don't understand why MOTUC line should be limited to only one vision... eccept if a choice have to be made because of budget concerns.

Well, it's not going to, so you can just take your selfish attitude and dream on.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

I'am very happy because i dislike the 200x series! Indeed i hope to take away even the accessories 200x!

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Could care less myself. Not that I mind the extra heads when we get them, but it's always just been a cool bonus for me.

Maybe my opinion will differ after I finish watching all of MYP... but I seriously doubt it. These are some of the (if not THE) coolest toys I've ever collected!!
    Great B/S/T'ers: iceman51880, Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Horde
    I'am very happy because i dislike the 200x series! Indeed i hope to take away even the accessories 200x!
    Yeah, talk about being selfish...
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Maybe the next thing they will take away is the extra appendages for characters like Webstor or Buzzoff. But seeing we already have them and or are getting them with these limbs it will be fine. But then again we don't have Mosquitor yet and his staction came with two extra arms just like Buzzoff. Seeing they're getting rid of the heads maybe they shouldn't produce any 200x Characters either like King Greyskull or HE-RO master of the Toupees. And maybe they should stop coming up with two heads for POP figures as well. I mean did we really need She-ra with magical sequined head dress or the up and coming Bow With super awesome gold armband for a Head band. Because you know everyone really loves those types of heads.
    Just a thought.
    JD

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I voted this:

I'm Unhappy Since I Like Some Of The 2002 Designs More Than Vintage!!!

I would have liked an option indicating I will only get one figure of each now instead of two, like I would have for Grizzlor. I feel like throwing his darn skirt out now. I won't, though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I could care less cause 200x wasn't what I was signing up to begin with anyway. I didn't want the toon but othe then the vintage and thats enough for me.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I don't think it means we won't get 2002 characters. I just think we won't get the extra heads in that style. We still might get a 2002 character only he would be re-imagined and done in the Classic style (less detail, no anime)

I'm Anime Hyper-Detailed Battle_Brak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Well, it's not going to, so you can just take your selfish attitude and dream on.
    Man I was half joking. It just infuriates me as an artist (who happens to design toys from time to time) that a toy company tells their customers what they want and how things will be. Mattel has to be the only toy company that does this and it's sickening. So on one hand I want people to get the figures they want, and on the other I really don't want to see Mattel rewarded for stupid business practices.

It just infuriates me as an artist (who happens to design toys from time to time) that a toy company tells their customers what they want and how things will be. Mattel has to be the only toy company that does this and it's sickening.
    Ask all of the G.I. Joe fans who were collecting the 25th Anniversary line what happened right before the G.I. Joe:The Rise Of Cobra movie was released.

JOIN THE GROUP...

The above opinion is just that, an opinion and is all done in good fun.
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

I'm not a big 200X fan, but those of you who are just on this thread to throw it into the faces of the 200X fans...Take a hike.

There are people who are genuinely disappointed about this. Please take a moment to imagine if something you loved about this line was taken away by Mattel and be a bit more considerate with future posts.

This line is darn near a perfect representation of what MOTU is really all about and it's sad to see any of it go.

But at the same time...I'm not too bummed out because we'll still get 200X characters with or without the entirely 200X heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Ask all of the G.I. Joe fans who were collecting the 25th Anniversary line what happened right before the G.I. Joe:The Rise Of Cobra movie was released.
    Off Topic but...yeah, I haven't bought a single gijoe figure since then. I doubt I ever will. At least we can rest assured that during a movie year Mattel won't start giving all the MOTUCs actor inspired heads...

Lame movie figures need a separate line for the kiddies.
    Last edited by davidlogan; August 15, 2010 at 02:19pm.

i voted "couldn't care less"
    i'm not a fan of the 2000 series, so it doesn't matter to me. i just hope mattel doesn't decide to pull all the extra heads, for example the mer-man cardback head.

I selected "I couldn't care less" but really I'm indifferent to the news. I'm sure the Horsemen will do an excellent job mixing in the 200X detail to the figures without it being considered "hyper anime detail".
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I Couldn't Care Less!!! is a bit harsh, but when it comes down to it, that's pretty much how I feel.
    I have many MOC MOTUC figures available for sale/trade here and SDCC exclusives for sale/trade here.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    It doesn't really bother me or my collecting...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior Muscle of Grayskul's Avatar
    I voted "I'm unhappy because I like some of the 200x heads more than the vintage" however this isn't going to make or break whether I get a fig or not, never has in the past and I don't forsee it in the future, however I do prefer a number of the 200x inspired heads to the vintage ones and I would consider myself more of a vintage fan over the 200x (but am a big fan of both). I think many people enjoyed the Kronis head with Trap Jaw. You can see in a lot of figures that 200x series definitely inspired parts of the design, as long as they continue to still influence the figures in some way when neccessary I'll live, but will still miss some of the heads
    When I'm lifting heavy objects I sometimes shout, "BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL"