Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Man-E-Faces Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Man-E-Faces Video Review by Pixel Dan

Hey guys! Man-E-Faces review is live!

Any questions, please ask! Enjoy!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Thanks, Dan. Looks like I'll have to continue this another time, 'cause the video stopped at around the 4 minute mark and I can't get it to play again for some reason.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I love Man-e and Dan

Excellent review!
    Since his shoulders are obviously a new part, can you please check if the arms are still removable? Optikks and Trap Jaws were...
    Positivity, folks!
    Lets all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I love, love, LOVE this figure!!! As I've said in other threads, MEF has been pretty much my most anticipated figure of the vintage line. He was the first MotU figure my mom ever got me, and I was instantly hooked! Seeing the profile of this figure, it instantly makes me think of the vintage card back art! It's spot on! Another great review PD, and I'd be highly surprised if the secret accessory isn't a second three-faced head. I'm hoping they show what it is at SDCC! The way the faces are set back in the helmet creating a shadow effect doesn't really bother me, I kinda like it. It makes the character a bit more dramatic looking.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Great review Dan! Thanks for the Heroic Warrior pic!

I question this practice of making certain things such as alternate heads or alternate harnesses surprises, which would make you buy multiple figures. (Not anything else, but those things specifically) I'd like to plan whether or not I'd want to buy two MEF's depending on what he has ahead of time.

Some fans don't have money for spontaneous purchases like the Mad Matty stuff. Now if we knew months in advance, it's a different story and fans could set aside money.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 2, 2011 at 07:40pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Great video, Dan! Man-E's sculpt looks fabulous. I'm not totally sold on the color scheme yet. I'll have to have him in hand to know.

SPOILER Question (highlight to read):
    Didn't a picture get leaked that showed a He-Man-Skeletor-Someone else Man-E head?

Edit: I hope that's not legible. I can't get the color to match the background perfectly.

Great review!!! Lousy toy.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Great review! He is definitely one of the top figures of this year! So has anyone yet checked ebay to see if a Man E Faces proto is up with his secret accessory is up yet?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

lol, coney-e-faces.

thanks dan! I`m ok with the flesh tone. always liked the cardback look.
    A new Motu line, again at last!

great review pixel!

i love the skin tone ,i thought it would be orange because the matty poll ,I'm a little confused with that
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    Another wonderful review Dan! I'm with you on the secret accessory. I hope its a set of another 3 faces.

He looks great in motion! I'm still not a fan of the black-pupiled eyes, but otherwise love the skin-tone and color of the uniform. He looks fantastic! I wonder if the 2002-style Whiplash spear-thing would fit in his other hand? Debating getting an additional one come sale-date... if the bonus accessory is another set of faces, I'd love to have an additional one for display. But... if it's something like a couple of maroon-version-of-some-of-the-silver-Weapons-Rack-weapons, then I'd rather just own one.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    That settles it, the secret accessory has to be more faces as expected. They tore the whole plastic part out that holds the piece in. It would be easy to figure out if you could see the shape of it imo. Also as Dan mentioned and demonstrated in the video how the head comes apart and you could put a different piece in there. The real question is...what faces will they be?

Also Man-E-Faces is one of the more memorable and nostalgic heroic warriors. Just seeing him takes many a MOTU fan back to the mid 80s. Because of this I can't wait for him and I also really enjoyed Man-E in the vintage line as well as 200x (cept for the super oversized hyper anime gun).

Awesome review as always, Dan! Thanks for getting it up for us rather quickly! Oh and I lol'd at your tweet about the small "R" on the shoulder piece.
    Last edited by Count Marzo; July 2, 2011 at 08:03pm.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    SPOILER Question
    Not that I recall.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

I LOVE the final product. Man-E is one of those characters that represents the whole 'motu' obsession of my youth, in the early days of the line. He's so iconic looking, and he was one of my favourite figures. I agree with you that the horsemen nailed his design here. He looks perfect!

If they did have a secret accessory that was an extra 3 faces, it would be cool if they did something like an alien face, ghost face, and animal face.

The flesh color looks great, and I can't wait to see his secret accessory!

Heroic Warrior
    Thank you Dan for making a chek-up of the articulations ! I just hope the head is not too loose.

The skin tone, ultimately, is not that important. I like every version of Man-E-Faces.

It's possible the secret accessory could be a second set of faces. If so, I wonder if they would be brand new faces, or faces taken from other characters...

In my opinion, Man-E-Faces is cool. I'll buy him.

We are now waiting for Queen Marlena/Capt. Glenn and Megator. And that will be before the SDCC madness... Still wondering what are the characters that will be unveiled at comic con. I'm also hoping for good news about those "5 big announcements".

Just a BIG BIG BIG figure
    Thanks Dan.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    superb review, thumbs & big toes way up.
    Does Galactus fart?

Awesome review...cannot wait to own him.

Thanks Dan-E-Faces!!
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    The real question is...what faces will they be?
    What I really want is a heavily made-up drag queen-ish female face.

Thanks again Dan, your reviews are always a joy. His facial features look great.

Yet another fantastic review Dan.

I have a suggestion that just came to mind, what if you had people post their questions with a header like this Question: that way, if you were in a hurry and didn't have time to read all of the comments, you could at least quickly see and or respond to questions about the figures. Just a thought.

Thanks again for your work brother, it's what I look forward to the most, aside from actually recieving the figures myself. You're a blessing to us.