Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.63 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.63 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by Drewsky.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. Drewsky:
    The Four Horsemen first made a He-Man figure that everyone was impressed with at SDCC that helped start the MOTUC line. Then they made a Battle Ram and now we have a vehicle planned for this year. So, what are the chances that the 4H will surprise us again with something they sculpted under their own initiative?

2. TheFallen:
    Is there any chance to do a Scareglow variant of a glow-in-the-dark skeleton encased in a translucent plastic MOTUC buck?

3. Toymaker:
    If/when we get to barbarian He-Man (who may or may not be Oo-Larr) would it be possible to get a 2nd Ceril head with him? Ceril was in the DC comics. He may not be well known enough to get a separate release, but he could easily share a body with barbarian He-Man giving fans who want every character a chance to get him.

4. bskcase:
    So far we've had every core figure get a re-release except the original Teela. What's up with that?

5. grenadaspice:
    Hey TG, I was wondering when you all get to making NA He-Man & Skeletor, do you plan on calling them simply "He-Man" & "Skeletor" as it was on their packaging or do you plan to add on a fancy moniker/adjective to their name, or perhaps even use the NA initials like "NA He-Man"?

--------------

So ask those questions!

You probably can't give us specifics but are the MOTUC sales still growing, holding steading or dropping?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    There are some really unique and awesome Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power characters from Brazilian MOTU and PoP comics. They were made by a company called Editora Abril. All the comics are in Portuguese, but does Mattel have the rights to make these unique characters?

Here's a link with all the fine print to one of the comics, in case you want to/need to investigate. Thanks!

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...n0211_full.jpg
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Will you ever consider offering the iconic costumed figures of She-Ra & Wonder Woman in a MOTUC vs DCUC Two Pack? Mattel must be aware of the real support out there for this pairing when reading related threads around the net on this topic.
    Last edited by Angel-T; July 3, 2011 at 04:35pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Heroic Painting Warrior GLJossan's Avatar
    Behind Sorceress' shower curtain with a camera... Better known as NJ.
    Is there any chance we'll get a reissue of the original Teela before the end of the year?

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Have you ever considered rereleasing the palace guards set but including four different heads than the first release? This would give army builders a chance to further build up their armies while keeping it from looking too uniform.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

If and when Snout Spout is released, would he be released as part of the Masters (as he was with the original line) or part of the Rebels (as he did show up in a few of the POP episodes)?

I will try this one again:
    What about a head pack, ala the weapons packs? A lot of fans would have liked to have seen Battleground Teela with red hair, a lot of fans would like to see 200X version heads, and such. I realize that new sculpts for heads would require new tooling/molds, but if the fan demand is there wouldn't it be worth it?
    Stay free my Misery

Sorry, another head one! If and when we get to Snout Spout, would it be possible to include a bonus Eternian Fireman head as in the MVC comics?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Movie mayhem!
    Many fans have been hoping for a Battle Armor Faker with a half singed face revealing a robot face on one side and possibly other body parts with similar damages. There have been a few great customs poping up wetting this appetite. Now that the rather bland Tru battle armor faker is revealed is there still hope for a more delux version...perhaps a Battle DAMAGED faker release??

Heroic Warrior
    Hi Toy Guru, sometimes when I read these bios, it feels like some of the events that took place didn't last long, though I am sure they did. So, I was wondering what would be the amount of years between the day Prince Adam becomes He-Man to the events that lead into the New Adventures saga?
    Last edited by grenadaspice; July 11, 2011 at 06:27pm.

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Hey MOTUC Team!

I'm really loving Club Eternia this year, the first time I was able to join. 2012 is a definite "go"! Not having to try to order on sale-days is the deal-maker for me, I know it's the same for many other collectors as well, which brings me to my question: Would you please make it possible to include at least the 'After SDCC' package/paint variant in with the subscription? Maybe you could leave a $25-$40 slot open-ended with the original sub description, or something along those lines. I just think it would be a really great service for the subscribers to not have to fight to get these items, that nearly every one of us would gladly sign up for blindly anyway, just like most of the years' releases, y'know? Cheers!
    Last edited by KalesDad; July 4, 2011 at 06:28am.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

SO how exactly are International fans supposed to get Battle Armour Faker without being ripped off by evil-bay (e-bay) and scalpers?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Widget

He-Man Sword

After much fan demand, Keldor's 200X swords are coming to us, despite being told no originally. If fan demand were high enough, could the same be possible with a Sword of He that matches the Sword of Protection without the stone?

Please forgive me if this has already been asked. With the bios already mapped out, and each individual figure's bio is taken from that master storyline, would it be possible to get a sequential number put on each card so that we know at what point in the grand stroyline that specfic bio is at (and a list where the previous bios whould be numbered)?
    Thanks!
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    We've had almost every figure released get a re-release and we've seen all the core characters return, except for Teela.

Is the original Teela up for a re-release?
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Now that we are going to get all future female figures with Female Buck 2.0, will they come with "Twist Waist" action like Battle Ground Teela did ? Will that result the Costume/ Skirt design (for figure like Perfuma ETC) in 2 separate pieces ?
    Last edited by TUC138; July 24, 2011 at 05:44pm.

With Battle Armor Faker now shown, I wonder two things. Will we ever get a BA Faker with chest computer damaged plates and why does he not have an orange painted flat torso?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Regarding Marlena, was she planned to have the 'Evil/cartoony Eyes'? As they really seem out of character.

And lack any of the detail we have come to know and love in the 'human' eyes in this line. Are you happy with them?
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; July 18, 2011 at 12:34am.
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

When getting round to doing TwoBad, Tuvar & Badrah will Tuvar have a different head sculpt to 'Two' from TwoBad likewise with Bad and Badrah?.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    You recently stated that all of the bios have been written (as of Stratus' release) so that any future releases wouldn't come off as "made up as they've come along."

Does this mean that you have every figure and their accessory(ies) planed out as well with no wiggle room to change them? It's understood that you could change a figures actual release day, and maybe paint scheme, but if the bios are set and are dependent on one another to complete an overall story does this mean that fans will no longer have the slight chance of getting a specific accessory added to a character because it won't fit/would change the bio's storyline?
    Last edited by The.Idea.of.Evil; July 19, 2011 at 12:26am.

We were told that all new figures (new SKU) going forward that had the He-Man type boots would receive the Vikor boots with the new ankle system. Why does BA Faker have the old style boots?
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    We were recently told during the SDCC Mattypalooza that Mattel has the Filmation license. Can you also do figs from the New Adventures cartoon now, like Mara, Crita, and Master Sebrian?

Given the news that Mattel now has Filmation rights, will MOTUC be going more for the major Filmation characters (Scorpia, Sea Hawk) or do the minor characters have a chance at getting made (Malik, Shokoti, Kittrina) just as soon?
    "You can not fight the darkness He-man!"-Shokoti-the Queen of Darkness

Arizona Mazter of the Universe

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    On Battleground Evil-Lyn, one of the major reasons people wanted an Evil-Lyn based on the MYP cartoon version was so that they would have an Evil-Lyn who didn't share Teela's dress. Why did you decide to go ahead with a version styled loosely after the MYP colour scheme (MYP-Evil-Lyn's base dress colour was purple, not black and her spot colour was gold rather than pink/red), yet not bother with the dress to fit with her father (the Faceless One)'s clothing that made many people want an Evil-Lyn variant in the first place? And if you had a spot for an Evil-Lyn variant that didn't have the tooling budget for a new dress, boots, armguards and the other things that distinguished that version of the character, why not do the Asian, wearing a purple/blue dress, Filmation colour scheme, which COULD be achieved by adding a cape and little else to a repaint of the existing version? (a cape that the MYP version didn't actually have - that design featured a long hessian skirt)
    Last edited by Reboot; July 22, 2011 at 08:04pm.