Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.61!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    LOL! Vintage variants, 200X variants, NA variants, POP variants and Filmation variants? Soon they'll have to increase the number of variants past quarterly...

We only have 24 slots for variants, if the line is planned up until 2017.

Crossing off :
    1. Thunder Punch He-Man
    2. Flying Fist He-Man
    3. NA He-Man
    4. Ice Armor He-Man
    5. Snake Armor He-Man
    6. 200X He-Man
    7. Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    8. Terror Claws Skeletor
    9. NA Skeletor
    10. Disks of Doom Skeletor
    11. Battle Blade Skeletor
    12. 200X Evil-Lyn
    13. 200X Adam
    14. Captain Randor
    15. 200X Sorceress
    16. Bubble Power She-Ra
    17. Starburst She-Ra
    18. Scratchin Sound Catra
    19. Shower Power Catra

We have five more slots. Add in the Laser He-Man and Skeletor variants and we'll have 3 more. Buzzsaw Hordak will reduce the list down to two more left.
    I would also add Style Guide King Randor to the list. Since we're finally completing the royal family with Queen Marlena, it would be nice to also complete the FILMATION version of the family with Randor.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Wait till SDCC, just wait till SDCC. I am sure She-Ra 2.0 will be worth waiting for

Otherwise I fear certain people running the line may go into hiding from the wrath of POP fans

But seriously just wait for the reveal of She-Ra 2.0
    I certainly hope so! I'm going to have to make sure I have plenty of water and have eaten so I don't faint. I don't know if I will be able to handle all the reveals and news! I'm already a bit overwhelmed with all the cool exclusive items that keep getting announced, the newest being the SDCC MOTU Season Two. Didn't see that one coming!

I am also glad Scott told us about Marlena, it was confusing as hell
    I agree. I was very confused. Glad it's cleared up.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    I would also add Style Guide King Randor to the list. Since we're finally completing the royal family with Queen Marlena, it would be nice to also complete the FILMATION version of the family with Randor.
    Filmation versions of characters are another group of variants.

Randor and Marlena have ALOT of variants and refreshes

Pre-Filmation Elderly King Randor
    Filmation Randor
    Search for Keldor Randor (TRU exclusive with White Hair)
    Captain Randor
    200X King Randor
    Battle Armor Randor
    Pre-Filmation Elderly Queen Marlena
    Captain Glenn White repaint
    200X Queen Marlena
    Battle Armor Marlena

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Yeah, but most would actually want a Filmation or 200x Randor. That's the difference.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Yeah, but most would actually want a Filmation or 200x Randor. That's the difference.
    I think almost all of those variants would be wanted by the fans, with the possible exception of the elderly royals. I think the 200X fans could support Captain Randor, 200X King Randor, Battle Armor Randor, 200X Queen Marlena and Battle Armor Marlena, while the Filmation fans would definitely want Filmation Randor and Captain Glenn in white.

I'm not sure how big Pre-Filmation is in comparison to the other eras (Is Pre-Filmation bigger than NA?), although Battleground Teela, TRU Mer-Man and Procrustus seem to have some popularity behind them.

You're severely misguided, Max. Fans want "Josh" and the tug-of-war man more than any variant.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I certainly hope so! I'm going to have to make sure I have plenty of water and have eaten so I don't faint. I don't know if I will be able to handle all the reveals and news! I'm already a bit overwhelmed with all the cool exclusive items that keep getting announced, the newest being the SDCC MOTU Season Two. Didn't see that one coming!
    I'm always a bit of a mess around SDCC too, because I'm jumping from one cool reveal to the next w/o getting a chance to absorb what just happened. ha! The news is gonna be coming from all directions.

Heroic Warrior
    Here is a theory i have.I believe The Goddess is the unnamed wife of Nikolas Powers who she fell in love with after Wun-Dar rescued her and took her to him to be nursed back to health.They married in secret because of the treaty with King Hsss and had a baby named Evelyn Powers.The Elders found out about the marriage and child and took away Nikolas Powers humanity and he became the Faceless One,they then punished The Goddess by stripping away most of her Powers and casting her into Despondos.In Despondos,The Goddess became angry and felt betrayed by the Elders for destroying her life and what they did to her husband and separating her from her daughter.The Goddess still regained some of her powers and swore revenge on the Elders but needing help to escape from Despondos the only help there is is Hordak,knowing he would never help or trust her as The Goddess she forged a knew identity as Shadow Weaver to gain Hordak's trust until she can escape Despondos and have her revenge on those who destroyed her life.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    And there you are "correcting" me lol

Do you really think I don't know this?
    Well, yeah. That's why I was surprised at your apparent ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    They can make her legs a silver-blue color (an amalgamation of the two styles. That's what I was trying to infer in the other statement. The boots and gauntlets are purplish in both cases.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs30/f/20..._davidgozu.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...IDYUkpqTzV058A

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ZzFWItkixSC6r7
    Glimmer's toon leggings are very clearly blue, though. And how you meld the two sets of colours with Angella (as you also suggested) is an explanation I'd like to hear

I agree about the Buzzsaw Hordak being pointless, but even with my list of names, we still have slots left. If MOTUC is planned out to another year, then it'll be 9 more slots left to fill.
    Exactly why I doubt they'll get all the vintage-toy variants out by the end of 2017.

[Hell, if they really do have an ongoing Filmation licence now, then all bets are off about that date. I very much doubt they'll get round to every "vintage toy" character by the end of 2017 if they also have Filmation characters to fit in on top of the previously-planned non-toy characters, including MYP/200X characters.]

I think we might see some more "test figures" this year that aren't part of Club Eternia, ala She-Ra 2.0.
    I doubt it. SR2 appears to have been an "Oh #### we screwed up" realisation after they started work on Swiftwind. If they started doing figures, plural, outside the sub after calling it "all in" they'll have a riot on their hands.

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation versions of characters are another group of variants.

Randor and Marlena have ALOT of variants and refreshes

Pre-Filmation Elderly King Randor
    Filmation Randor
    Search for Keldor Randor (TRU exclusive with White Hair)
    Captain Randor
    200X King Randor
    Battle Armor Randor
    Pre-Filmation Elderly Queen Marlena
    Captain Glenn White repaint
    200X Queen Marlena
    Battle Armor Marlena
    Dude. Your fixation on Randor concerns me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRondor View Post
    Dude. Your fixation on Randor concerns me a little.
    You should see my bionic knee!

It´s amazing how they perfectly captured the look of the royals in NA and totally messed up with the color scheme then.
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Movie mayhem!
    Gotta have fire armor skelly in there

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    It´s amazing how they perfectly captured the look of the royals in NA and totally messed up with the color scheme then.
    Obviously several years had passed since Filmation, and like other ladies going grey, Marlena had a blue rinse!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Obviously several years had passed since Filmation, and like other ladies going grey, Marlena had a blue rinse!

NA Royal Palace

NA Snake Mountain

NA Throne Room

Yeah...if NA were the same animation company and voice actors, then there must have been a major decline!

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah...if NA were the same animation company and voice actors, then there must have been a major decline!

If they were the same design and voice actors... it would have been more popular

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    I also think the ankle articulation answer was odd. Don't all the standard size male figures all have the same articulation?
    No they don't look at Beast Man and He-Man, only He-Man twists at the calf.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Oh my God...I think I just died a bit inside. So, initially they were to be solely based on the toys, then it was "up to the Four Horsemen" to determine, then they had to have the toy colours no matter which version we got, now it sounds like it will only be Filmation...but we might get some detailed versions based on the toys sometime...maybe. We friggin better or I'm going to go on a rampage!

I am happy that the one answer basically says we will be getting Filmation characters though. Partnership spoilers!
    Sounds like a total "one hand doesn't know what the other is doing" situation. Are we leaving the POP gals design choices up to Two-Bad? Seems like we have a different answer every time we ask.

Even though I'm coming from more of a Filmation background than toy, even I know how plain some of the animation models look as toys. She-Ra is one thing, that look is iconic, just like the toy look is also iconic. Spinnerella as an example, is very nice looking in animation but completely lacks a ton of detail the toy provides.

Hopefully She-Ra 2.0 blows the socks off everyone and we start getting those toy versions! She's our only shining beacon of hope!
    Consider my socks pre-blown.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I just don't see any of the other pop girls getting 2 versions if they go filmation first. I hope I'm wrong.
    You're wrong! WRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    One thing that scares me about Mattel getting Filmation access is the possibility they'll go for cartoon-based versions of the Star Sisters.
    I know! I'm so scared. The toy prototypes are gorgeous and the cartoon versions are just a pure nightmare.
    *thinks of Filmation Star Sisters* *violent shudder*

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I know folks will probably hate this idea, but the POP variants could be outside of the subscription, like She-Ra 2.0
    Not me, I think it's something worth looking into.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

More hope for toy line POP variants...

Any character that has a legitamate variant is a candidate for a quarterly slot. The character does not necessarily need to be "a list", it is just that the a list characters tend to be the ones with variants from previous lines like Battle Armor He-Man.