Thread: Metternia Bios

Threaded View

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar

Metternia Bios

Foreword

For those of you who don't yet know, Metternia began in June 2002 as my crazy private project to update MOTU from what felt like a fairly random toyline/fairlytale creation into a coherent fantasy world. Back then I had to rely on my own memories, because I was unaware of any internet databases like He-man.org, so the original version was very much based on the minicomics as I remembered them, and my own personal canon. Later, when I saw the MYP cartoon, it heavily influenced many of my ideas and I ended changing and adding things to fit in better with them.

Recently I've done my best to work in some things from other canons such as Filmation and even MOTUC, but my intention has never been to create a simple amalgam of previous canons. Metternia will always be a separate entity of its own, an elseworld Eternia if you will. As a result you'll find decided divergences such as geography nowhere to be found on any extant map of Eternia, or details that downright contradict all other canons. You'll also notice I don't use the term Preternia anywhere, as in Metternia He-Ro lives in a time after the fall of the greatest civilization on Eternia, with more history behind it than there is between He-Ro and He-Man!

The bios are what I consider my "clear canon", where every detail is considered a reliable fact unless explicitly named as myth or legend, unlike in the Books of Aeonia, where myths and misinformation are rife and the connections to Metternian reality may be tangential. Besides character bios, there are also going to be some descriptions of groups such as the Horde Wraiths, Gear Men, God Creatures and possibly even the Fighting Foe Men (unless I sink that stuff inside a bio or two). I may even do some descriptions of locations, since if Eternia and Etheria can get bios in MOTUC...

I'm listing here the characters whose bios are in some stage of completeness or that I at least have definite bio ideas put together (those with less than 50% of the bio written appear gray in the list). Some parts of the bios have already been posted in the fan art thread, and I'll also add them here. Since I write them whenever inspiration strikes, I can't predict when a bio will be done, or if some other bio ends up getting written before ones listed here. If I end up posting all of these here, plus the others likely to follow, there's going to be such a lot of them that I have tp create links to them here in the first post.

Ancient Characters

Evilseed
    Faceless One
    Heera
    He-Ro/King Grayskull
    Koduk Alder
    Megator
    Moss Man
    Procrustus
    Nef-Horu
    Silverleaf
    Sheregor
    Tytus
    Vikor
    Zodac - the Cosmic Enforcer
    Zodak - the Mystic Enforcer

Evil Warriors

Beast Man
    Clawful
    Evil-Lyn
    Faker
    Goat Man
    Jitsu
    Mer-Man
    Skeletor
    Spikor
    Stinkor
    Trap Jaw
    Tri-Klops
    Webstor

Heroic Warriors

Buzz-Off
    Clawesome
    Fisto
    Man-At-Arms
    Man-E-Faces
    Orko
    Ram Man
    Roboto

The Horde

Grizzlor
    Hordak
    Horde Wraiths
    Leech
    Tusgore

Snake Men

King Hiss
    Kobra Khan
    High Priest Ssyrakh
    Snake Face

Other

Count Marzo
    Gear Men of Eternos
    Keldor
    Prahvus

Races, part I
    Races, part II
    Locations

[Disclaimer: as always with world building efforts, details in the bios are subject to change if the whole of the story demands it. I'm also often ready to change things if the reasons are good enough, so if something really rubs you the wrong way, please let me know and tell me why.]
    Last edited by Met-Hild; August 27, 2011 at 04:04pm. Reason: updates
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/