Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What are the odds of having Power and Honor Foundation character reveals in MOTUC?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

What are the odds of having Power and Honor Foundation character reveals in MOTUC?

I'm really psyched about the Power and Honor Foundation and their 80's concept reveals lately! While collectors own the actual artwork, Mattel created the concepts so they could make figures of anything that appears in the upcoming Power and Honor Foundation Catalogs!

A couple of weeks back I started a thread for the Green Concept Witch (along with her pal the Horde Mummy): http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209996

Imagine figures of Acrobad and Dylamug as seen in the catalog page reveal yesterday?!

So many cool possibilities. I even heard rumors of a THIRD never-produced giant.

I think it'd be amazing to see these concepts as characters, vehicles and maybe some smaller playsets in MOTUC!!

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Count me in! Dylamug would be a really great toy for sure and I still want that concept witch as well. If they made Vikor and Gygor then I see no reason to avoid making any other concept characters.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Yeah, it would be totally awesome to see some of this stuff included in MOTUC!
    There have been lot of resurfacing concept lately especially thanks to The Power and The Honor Foundation, that add to the old Tomart concepts.

While the Foundation owns the artwork, Mattel still owns all the ideas, so they could totally do a lot of new figures and creatures!
    I cna't wait to see people's reactions to all the other reveals in the following months, heck there could be an entire parallel line of concept figures!

OH, btw, if you haven't checked out what the Power and the Honor Foundation is about and their Catalog, click here to check to the details on the main page!

I definitely want Dylamug, but for him to appear as depicted in the cartoon. I see concept characters as almost original ones, as they're brand new to most of us so I'd rather Mattel wait until the line's a little older before including them.

Intrigued about the third giant though- I'd have liked to have seen a female giant like Gorgone, personally.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Yes, gurl yes! Totally up for this too. Considering that we got Vikor and Gygor, I think it's quite possible we'll get the occasional concept character from these Power and Honor Foundation catalogs. Can't wait to get my copy. Dying to see the female concept character 'that was intended for MOTU'.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    So many cool possibilities. I even heard rumors of a THIRD never-produced giant.
    I can't. *faints*
    Last edited by Tallstar; July 6, 2011 at 02:26pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Anyone else liking that black furred and faced Grizzlor?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    The Grizzlor and Leech are very familiar to me. I am positive I have an old hardcover storybook about the Horde that used those two concept pictures as inspiration for the artwork. Now I have to track that thing down.

*Update* I found it. It's the Golden Book MOTU story called simply "The Horde". They obviously used concept art to draw the Horde Members. Even Mantenna has a bit of a different look. It also has a version of Skeletor before he got the skull face. It looks so weird. Overall the artwork in those books is pretty awful.
    Last edited by Hordak; July 6, 2011 at 03:54pm.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Leech looks awesome!

Concept Leech for MOTUC!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post
    The Grizzlor and Leech are very familiar to me. I am positive I have an old hardcover storybook about the Horde that used those two concept pictures as inspiration for the artwork. Now I have to track that thing down.

*Update* I found it. It's the Golden Book MOTU story called simply "The Horde". They obviously used concept art to draw the Horde Members. Even Mantenna has a bit of a different look. It also has a version of Skeletor before he got the skull face. It looks so weird.
    I have that book too, in fact it's one of the few MOTU books I still have. I thought those concept art drawings looked familiar!

I would love to get a Leech like that and buy two of them to act as Leech's guards.

The figures are interesting, but my eye went to the weapon Grizzlor was holding, that's a neat-o mosquito looking gun he's got there. I'd love to see that snuck in as an extra accessorty with a figure.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    I would love to see some of these concept characters make their way into the line. Personally, I would want the horde mummy first, but would be happy to add new characters into the mythos.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak View Post

*Update* I found it. It's the Golden Book MOTU story called simply "The Horde". They obviously used concept art to draw the Horde Members. Even Mantenna has a bit of a different look. It also has a version of Skeletor before he got the skull face. It looks so weird. Overall the artwork in those books is pretty awful.
    I've gotten that book from eBay last year. Mantenna looks even MORE horrific in that book.

I'd want concept Horde characters.

This kinda goes back to Val's suggestion on RGD, about the concept characters simply being a Ralph McQuarrie-like sub-line instead of actual characters. Now, Vikor and Demo Man I can see them actually being someone else other than He-Man and Skeletor...but Leech, Grizzlor and Mantenna? Unless this is what the looked like before they were brainwashed...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    OH, btw, if you haven't checked out what the Power and the Honor Foundation is about and their Catalog, click here to check to the details on the main page!
    Thanks for the link!

Heroic Warrior
    Wasn't there a variant of Grizzlor that had either a black face, black hair, or both in the original 1980s line?
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I'd be up for it.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

I love that version of Leech!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Wasn't there a variant of Grizzlor that had either a black face, black hair, or both in the original 1980s line?
    Yes, the Dark-Faced Grizzlor is considered the harder to find variant, especially carded. Funny that one of the original concepts shows him this way.

I hope so! I wish we were seeing more of these conceptual guys and not burning through all the vintage characters as fast as we have. I'm still hoping we might see that design for what I guess was a young Dekker in the Art of MOTU book from '09.

I'm absolutely sold on the concept figures seen so far. Make them in the Classics line. Start mixing them in w/ everything else. Why not....

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I hope so! I wish we were seeing more of these conceptual guys
    same for me.

reading of the original idea of the horde symbol being detachable mind-controlling creature made me think that the idea could be applied to your hordor' spawning minions (well, even if they are not flyin' creatures)...it'd be a nice nod, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    reading of the original idea of the horde symbol being detachable mind-controlling creature made me think that the idea could be applied to your hordor' spawning minions (well, even if they are not flyin' creatures)...it'd be a nice nod, no?

It's funny - reading about the creature controlling the minds of the Horde members fits with what the bios for MOTUC are doing.

Only Catra, so far, hasn't been mind-wiped. Grizzlor and Leech have been... interesting coincidence!
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    The tomart concepts are so awesome. It would be slammin if they make a few of those.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I would definitely love to get as many of the concept figures as possible in MOTUC. I think they're awesome!

I'd rather get new figures than get a character for the 3rd/4th time
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    I'd rather get new figures than get a character for the 3rd/4th time
    Acrobad, Dylamug and Inflator would be new figures