Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Sub for 2016 ?

Mini Sub for 2016 ?

First off I hope this year's goes through, but I was wondering what people think about next year. Let's say that the main sub for 2016 goes through, would you want a new mini sub? I would get one no matter what but kinda hope there's not. I think for the last few years there's been so many figures that needed to be done to finish the vintage line that it would be good to have a breather. Either way I'm in for all figures until it's over.

Mini Sub? Maybe not. A couple of themed two-packs here and there staggered throughout the year? Yeah, I'd be more into that.
    The Next 13 I Need To Have: Lord Masque, Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Crita, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Compactor, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Heroic Warrior
    I'm almost hoping that next year IS like a mini sub. My wallet would breathe a lot easier knowing I only have to buy one figure every other month. There's a part of me that hopes IF there is a mini-sub next year that it's either Alcala-Mini-Comics inspired, Beasts, or 200X A-list variants.

Either way, any way, I'm still all in. No matter what.

I <3 MOTU
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I would like to see a mini-sub in 2016 as long as it isn't something like SoH.

New Adventures is way overdo for some more figures. I am not a NA fan, but I am a fan of NA MOTUC figures.

Another Filmation or 200X mini-sub would be fine with me too. Filmation could have Kittrina, Lord Masque, Delora/Hawke, Filmation Clawful, Filmation Tung Lashor, Granita, and Filmation He-Man as the sub exclusive. 200X could have King Miro, 200X re-deco Skeletor, 200X Prince Adam, Slime Pit Monster, 200X Teela, etc...

I think I need to understand what the main sub for 2016 is before I speculate too much on a mini-sub.

We've been told that this is the last year of Classics. Is this true? What's going to replace it?

There are just too many fundamental questions at this point....

I want Filmation variants and Nu52 variants. There are only a couple SoH characters which appeal to me. There are some obscurities I still want, but maybe not enough that I see a main line filled with mostly original characters as likely to grab me.
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Yes I would like a mini-sub, but the faction would depend on the direction of 2016's line overall. If it's a smattering of Filmation, 2.0's, 200x, comic book designs, and C-A-C as is rumored then I'm really not sure what the mini would focus on, but the possibilities are kind of endless. I already know that an NA mini is pretty much a no-go (sorry folks, but sales for the past 7+ years prove NA is for the most part a lame duck), so what of the 'majors' is left after that one is eliminated? Especially if the Eternia sub is already covering most of the other misc. faction bases?
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Maybe a "Powers of Grayskull" sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeledor View Post
    Maybe a "Powers of Grayskull" sub.
    Cool title, but what would that include?
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I think I need to understand what the main sub for 2016 is before I speculate too much on a mini-sub.

We've been told that this is the last year of Classics. Is this true? What's going to replace it?

There are just too many fundamental questions at this point....

I want Filmation variants and Nu52 variants. There are only a couple SoH characters which appeal to me. There are some obscurities I still want, but maybe not enough that I see a main line filled with mostly original characters as likely to grab me.
    Agreed. It's hard to dream up a mini sub when we really have no idea what 2016 has in store for us. Personally I'd like a combo 200X and Filmation characters, a list or obscure, or 1 mini sub of each, but for all I know that's what 2016's main sub is lined up to be.

A fun sub may be a MINI sub of half pints. The 3 Twiggets, little Count Marzo sans the amulet, Monteeg, etc. That might be fun and hopefully priced accordingly or multi packs.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; March 19, 2015 at 10:46pm.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksun442 View Post
    Let's say that the main sub for 2016 goes through, would you want a new mini sub?
    Yes, and it has to be a NA minisub. Leaving aside the SoH stuff, it's the only era that after 2015 will remain majorly unfinished in MotUC style. And after Filmation, PoP, and 200X have had theirs, and most of the A-, B-, C- and even D-listers of the other eras are already out, it's only fair that NA be finally granted its due turn to get at least its A- and B-list roster finished (since, as of yet, thinking about venturing into C- and D-lister territory—i.e., what most other eras have already been treading into and in some cases quite deeply—looks instead like a pipe dream for NA).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

If a mini-sub in 2016 means we get more MOTU figures out more quickly - then I'm all for it!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    I hope they go back to 2009 with no sub just day of sales. I don't want to have to sign up and be saddled with NA, 200x or concept filler. Now were they to have a sub and were it to be all filmation with skeletor, beastman with both vintage toy head and filmation head, merman, teela, evil lyn, clawful? Hunga, shadow weaver, vultak, Dylamug, evilseed and marzo I'd be all in. Maybe throw in a straight up fisto reissue packed with Stridor and then a jitsu this time with vintage head with night stalker or maybe vintage toy catra with catra panther beast yeah that's what I'm talking about

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Yes, and it has to be a NA minisub. Leaving aside the SoH stuff, it's the only era that after 2015 will remain majorly unfinished in MotUC style. And after Filmation, PoP, and 200X have had theirs, and most of the A-, B-, C- and even D-listers of the other eras are already out, it's only fair that NA be finally granted its due turn to get at least its A- and B-list roster finished (since, as of yet, thinking about venturing into C- and D-lister territory—i.e., what most other eras have already been treading into and in some cases quite deeply—looks instead like a pipe dream for NA).
    I've promised to buy at least one of the potential 2016 mini-sub, barring a major price increase, as long as the 200X sub goes through.

But we all know that I'm really hoping it's not NA!
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Cool title, but what would that include?
    Some of the characters from the mini comics like some of the original Elders or some of King Grayskulls warriors or maybe some new cosmic enforcers.

Heroic Warrior
    It would depend upon what is included in the main subscription.

If, as some rumours suggest, the main subscription for 2016 is heavily comprised of "Son of He-Man" characters, then I definitely think a mini-subscription is warranted.

My personal preference would be for a Filmation subscription, either completely PoP (i.e. The Great Rebellion and The Evil Horde) or an equal mixture of PoP and MOTU.

For the first option, it would be great to see: Granita, General Sunder, Hunga the Harpy, Vultak, Dylamug and Red Knight (or Colonel Blast or Admiral Scury or another character) with The Twiggets as the subscription exclusive.

For the second option, perhaps: Delora, Kittrina, Lord Masque, Granita, General Sunder and Hunga the Harpy with Dylamug as the subscription exclusive.

If, as indicated in the most recent reveal of Point Dread and Filmation Teela, they're planning on more "Filmation" variants of existing characters, then I think it's important for them to continue releasing key, unique Filmation characters.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I hope they go back to 2009 with no sub just day of sales. I don't want to have to sign up and be saddled with NA, 200x or concept filler.
    Has anyone ever pointed a gun to your forehead forcing you to subscribe? AFAIK, there's still a day-of sale every month (with only a few figures during the past couple of years having been held back from DoS, although they were in fact offered afterwards). So you can cherrypick the very few figures you do like without getting "saddled" with all the other stuff you dislike.

Who's forcing you to sub? You don't like the sub? JUST DON'T SUB and leave us subscribers alone who don't want to hear about getting saddled every month with WSODs and lightning-fast sell-outs and having to schedule time off work to be online at exactly the time when each monthly sale starts (and sometimes remain there for half an hour or more waiting for DR to fix their new screw-up-of-the-month).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

It would have to be New Adventures. Given free reign, the 4H could do wonders with these characters.

I agree untill we see the rebranding in 2016 and what Mattel is going to offer it's way to early to talk mini sub
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

I'm hoping for a NA mini-sub, but based on the dislike of it would settle for an Animation Mini-Sub that had non-variants and included 2x NA/Jetlag characters, 2x Filmation, & 2x 200x. Exclusive Weapons Pack or double-pack like Loo-kee & Kowl that included a Trollian and a Twigget.

I really hope that there will be one. Honestly, another Filmation one is the most deserving, because it feels incomplete. There are still so many unique characters from it that are essential to have in figure form. Anything else would be a let-down. Part of me would like to see an NA mini-sub, but let's be realistic...it would have no chance of getting to the minimum required. I think to finish NA the best approach would be several 2-packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Part of me would like to see an NA mini-sub, but let's be realistic...it would have no chance of getting to the minimum required.
    I keep reading people saying this but there is zero evidence to base this on. Everyone is wowed with the 200X figures and if done right the NA could be much cooler than what we have seen with the 200X sub.

If I see another silly Filmation sub before NA, that might literally turn me right off of this line. NA fans have suffered long enough and it is more than overdue for this to be offered.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    I agree until we see the rebranding in 2016 and what Mattel is going to offer it's way to early to talk mini sub
    It's actually not too early. NOW is the time to be campaigning for 2016.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    2016 Mini-Sub?

Without a shadow of a doubt it would HAVE to be a NEW ADVENTURES mini-sub!!!!!!!!!

First was 30th Anniversary,

Next it was Filmation,

Then came PoP,

And now we get 200X...

NA was completely skipped over, chronologically, as far as mini-subs go... so it would only be fair to assume it gets it's day in the sun too!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

The logical speaks for a NA Sub but not sure there'll be enough person interested in .
    The solution should be to check the success of a mini sub in the start of the year and includes the first figures in the full line-up if failed ...

The Filmation one will sell well but what will be included in 2016 line-up if we have a Filmation mini sub ... ?

What I hope is a vehicles mini sub with perhaps 4 instead of 6 ... (for example : Roton, Land shark, Stridor and Nightstalker)

I would like to see NA fleshed out even more in 2016. This part of MOTU is long overdue to be represented fairly into the line and the rebrand & or a mini sub next year is a prime opportunity for that. The 4H have proved their magic in blending in the NA characters well with, if not better than, some characters from various eras into the Classics line as a whole. Even if I separate by factions, my collection is era blind and I have enjoyed all the NA releases.

A nice lineup to match it up like the 200x sub could be like this:

Quakke - Calix
    Lizorr - Evil Seed
    GP hero (like Kayo, Artilla, Vizar) - Ceratus
    Crita - Veena
    Tuskador - Chooblah
    Staghorn - Prahvus
    Darius - Head Pack
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post

A nice lineup to match it up like the 200x sub could be like this:

Quakke - Calix
    Lizorr - Evil Seed
    GP hero (like Kayo, Artilla, Vizar) - Ceratus
    Crita - Veena
    Tuskador - Chooblah
    Staghorn - Prahvus
    Darius - Head Pack
    Totally agree.
    For me, the last unrevealed and unknown slot for this year should be a NA figure like Darius ...