Thread: The Official Nocturna Thread

Hybrid View

The Official Nocturna Thread

I was thinking about SDCC 2011 reveals and who the Galactic Protector would be...then my mind drifted to "how many times do they need to use parts and bucks before they break even or turn a profit on the investment".....then I thought of Bow's wrists and how one hand is posed to hold an arrow....and then I thought of Nocturna.

I checked MGM's index and saw this guy had no entry, so here we go.

How do we feel about the NA martial artist/archer in classics?

Will he get 2 heads? One helmeted and one not.

Is he a likely candidate for a reuse of Bow's hands?(another forum post on that topic is here http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205228 )

Should he still be sporting that sexy blue and purple camoflauge? Should we call it Etherian forest camo?

I don't know much about his character, role in the series, bio, etc... so will a NA fan please help me out and share that info?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    heres his vintage cardback Bio-

Martial arts warrior from Mida on planet primus.Has the ability to deliver a stunning side kick as he moves swiftly and silently to aid He-Man in his fight against evil.
    He was never my fave figure as a kid, but his 'Camo' outfit always made him stand out on the shelf!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

He could actually end up getting three heads - helmeted, and then a black haired head and a blond haired head, since he was colored with blond hair in the cartoon.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Heroic Warrior
    Take a good look at Nocturna's face : it was clearly inspired by Jackie Chan !

I quite liked his bright colors and his high-kick action feature...

I don't think we'll see him before several years, though.

Toyguru had said at some point that the only figures that had not been taken into account in the "roadmap" until 2017 were mostly the human NA figures...
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 7, 2011 at 12:50pm.

I'm all for getting Nocturna and hoping classics really expands on his background and gives him more character than the cartoon did!
    Last edited by bribri4u; July 13, 2011 at 01:21pm.

I'm liking NA more and more as I spend time on this site. I don't feel I gave them a fair deal when I was a kid.

What I like about this guy is that the ball jointed wrists contribute both to having a bow, and being able to do "tiger claw" or "crane" poses or whatever would be fitting(I'll leave those distinctions to those who actually know martial arts). Well, being able to do those poses in theory.

Thanks for posting that from his original bio Staff of Ka, he's beginning to seem more special forces to me now, technology + martial arts training, but that's just my take on it.
    Last edited by slackrguy; July 7, 2011 at 01:01pm.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.