• No

31 57.41%
  • Take it or leave it...don't care.

3 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you like "Bayformers"?

Evil Master of Warcraft

Do you like "Bayformers"?

I read a lot of back and forth of people who like it and don't. I'd like to just get a number of the "for's" and "against". I'd rather keep the discussion back in the transformers thread.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Heroic Warrior
    yes I like Bayformers

I like it, I get it for what it is and know it could be much worse
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Yes, definately! They couldn't have been much better in my opinion (though the ending of TF3 could've been better/not so rushed).
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Yes Movie wise but there not as good as G1 but i cannot vote no simply because Movie wise even with 2 you get entertainment and the cartoon gave me enjoyment as well. But differently.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I like it, I get it for what it is and know it could be much worse
    No, it CAN'T. You can't make worse TF movies than the TF movies which have toilet humor, robots with laser *****, robots with testicles, robots humping people, plot with more holes than a swiss cheese, racist jokes and so on and freaking on. What we got IS the rock bottom!
    It could have only been better.
    Last edited by Grimbot; July 10, 2011 at 01:32pm.
    Brings doom to MOTUC with cel accuracy.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I used to follow Bayformers during it's initial development. I hated that the designs weren't familiar--that if they wanted to change the designs so badly, why not make all new characters instead of changing established characters. I've since learned that Hasbro uses the names or loses them (like our General and Battle Fist, so I could relate).

Nowadays I like Bayformers for exactly what it is:

A photorealistic take on the Transformers mythos that casual fans and regular people can have a good time watching. It's another rendition of Transformers.

However, just because I like Bayformers means that I don't have my criticisms:

• Decepticons have a habit of looking like the same gray Bayformer
    • Decepticons die far too easily and I'm not talking about the humans...
    • Barely any Decepticon screentime--these guys are important too
    • Fights are too blurry and too fast
    • Humans killing Decepticons. While I think it should be stressed how hard it should be for Humans to kill Deceps, I'd like the Autobots to have a reason to be there. Except for ROTF where only a Prime could kill the Fallen, I think the Decepticons could have been defeated by the humans given time (and alot of casualties). In DOTM, a well-aimed bazooka shot could have saved the day.
    • Scenes that should have been epic are wasted (A major example is Optimus vs Megatron in all those movies)
    • Aside from Jazz, not even a word about dead comrades. I'm not expecting a funeral service, but some mention.
    • Bay's penchant for bringing in supermodels and comedians for worthless characters. Instead of paying these guys, that loot could go toward more bot time.
    • Bay's toilet humor. While it doesn't ruin the awesome action scenes for me, I can see what people mean. When I think of ROTF, I prefer to think of the Shanghai chase, The Forest Battle, Devastator and Jetpack Optimus, not humping dogs and marijuana brownies.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    No, it CAN'T. You can't make worse TF movies than the TF movies which have toilet humor, robots with laser *****, robots with testicles, robots humping people, plot with more holes than a swiss cheese, racist jokes and so on and freaking on. What we got IS the rock bottom!
    It could have only been better.
    it could have had crappy special effects and the fight scenes could have been worse. otherwise, i agree.

No.

My problems with it...

A. Any character who isn't a transformer is unlikable, stupid, and/or boring, thus making about half the film dull to me, waiting on the next scene, rather than caring about what's going on.

B. The sophmoric humor (wrecking "balls", pee, ************, dumb racial stereotypes, and drug references which don't even have the mom eating brownies acting like she's high on weed in the first place)

C. The actions scenes would be OK but there's too much flipping, rolling and tumbling. The Transformers fight like the Flying Wallendas!

D. Am I the only one who can't help but realize that every car that gets crushed, tossed, exploded, etc has people in them? And by statistics alone, probably at LEAST 1/3 of the passengers are children and babies, all dying with no real consequence or mention. Not even mentioning the buildings that drop like 9/11 all over the place. We're talking about a movie that has innocent casualties in the 10s of thousands and no-one bats an eye. Sure makes it realistic, but just sayin'. Next time you cheer Optimus tossing some Decepticon through a building, imagine the people he killed.

C. Megan Fox.

D. Haven't seen 3, but his NEW girlfriend. I don't have to know her, or see her act to know I don't like her. She looks even MORE plastic than Megan Fox.

E. Shia LeBouf trying to be Jeff Goldblum on crack.

In conclusion, I have watched 1 and 2, fast-forwarding past all the parts I couldn't care about and I finished the movies in about 30 - 40 minutes each.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    No.

My problems with it...

A. Any character who isn't a transformer is unlikable, stupid, and/or boring, thus making about half the film dull to me, waiting on the next scene, rather than caring about what's going on. each.
    the military guys were cool, but there's way too little of them.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    C. The actions scenes would be OK but there's too much flipping, rolling and tumbling. The Transformers fight like the Flying Wallendas!
    That's on purpose. They wanted to make the Transformers look agile and quick, not slow and clunky.

D. Am I the only one who can't help but realize that every car that gets crushed, tossed, exploded, etc has people in them? And by statistics alone, probably at LEAST 1/3 of the passengers are children and babies, all dying with no real consequence or mention. Not even mentioning the buildings that drop like 9/11 all over the place. We're talking about a movie that has innocent casualties in the 10s of thousands and no-one bats an eye. Sure makes it realistic, but just sayin'. Next time you cheer Optimus tossing some Decepticon through a building, imagine the people he killed.
    LOL! This isn't the G1 cartoon!

I'm ribbing you, but this is one of the reasons why the G1 comic run is so liked...the Transformers fighting at seemingly random locations were a real problem for the U.S. government in the comics. Giant robots fighting F-15s lead to heavy casualties in populated areas. Every stray shot hits something.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    "Like" is too strong of a word for me. I'll say I tolerate them...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

70 % :no , 30 % :yes

No, I strongly dislike Bay's take on Transformers.

I just hope that one day they'll make a movie where the Autobots and Deceptions are the actual stars and get some decent character development, dialogue, and screentime. I realize the CGI would cost an absolute fortune (moreso than it does already), but i'm sick of these movies focusing on Shia LaBeouf and the military, while the title characters are reduced to guest stars.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    No, I strongly dislike Bay's take on Transformers.

I just hope that one day they'll make a movie where the Autobots and Deceptions are the actual stars and get some decent character development, dialogue, and screentime. I realize the CGI would cost an absolute fortune (moreso than it does already), but i'm sick of these movies focusing on Shia LaBeouf and the military, while the title characters are reduced to guest stars.
    Now that we know transforming robots will sell despite humping dogs and toilet humor, I know mass shifting and subspace trailers are going to be easier to accept.

Despite what Don Murphy says (I think it's way too early to commit to saying that the same universe will continue), I'm hoping for a new trilogy under someone else's vision. While I like Bayformers and can see why they might not want to design all new designs from the ground up or reintroduce the same characters all over again each trilogy, I think DOTM has exhausted all the really good villians from G1 lore.

Besides Galvatron, Unicron and possibly the Quintessons, all that's left are the obscure comic villians like Bludgeon, Straxus, Jhiaxus and Thunderwing.

The Blonde Teela Thread

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    I love the movies and the comics/novel but I hate the figure. The designs look great on screen but do not translate wel to figure form and end up looking like bugs in warrior mode. The only movie figures I have bought are the ones that are based on character not in the movie but are more movie detail versions of G1 characters, like Seaspray and Bludgeon from the last line.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Yes I'll admit I do like them but ROTF is the weakest of the 3. As for toys Im waiting for Prime ones I want me a Ratchet( my fav character in this series and has made me a fan of Jeffery Combs ) darn it.
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

I like them, but there are a lot of things they could have done better.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Besides Galvatron, Unicron and possibly the Quintessons
    Those are some pretty big characters left. They could also create a character that is new to the Transformers universe as the main bad guy.
    Last edited by Firefly; July 11, 2011 at 12:44am.

Evil Apologist of Mattelฎ Count Marzo's Avatar
    I hate Bayformers so much that I blindly hate it and refuse to see those movies...ever!

GEEWUN > All. No other form of Transformers even counts to me.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLลวK FLุWหRŠ!!!!

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I really don't mind it. To anyone who gripes about racist robot stereotypes do you remember Gen 1? If the robots weren't stereotypical the people sure were.

Anyone remember Japanese scientists from "Kremzeek!" Slanted eyes and dialouge like "oh a thanka rou, Optimusa Plime" seriously get that weak sauce outta here.
    And I'm a die-hard TF guy.

I can get over the new robot designs (some of them have actually grown on me) and I can get over the fact that it is its own continuity (TF has had many different continuities so what’s the big deal having one more?) but what I can’t get over is how downright irresponsible it was to add such raunchy toilet humor and focus so much on sexuality in a movie based on a children’s toy line. Add to that the stories were terrible with huge plot holes. Oh yeah, and the actual Transformers only guest starred in their own movies.

I’ve collected a select few of the figures, mostly the ones in G1 redecos, and pretend that they are from an alternate universe where the Transformers movies didn’t stink.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor's Only Fan View Post
    I really don't mind it. To anyone who gripes about racist robot stereotypes do you remember Gen 1? If the robots weren't stereotypical the people sure were.

Anyone remember Japanese scientists from "Kremzeek!" Slanted eyes and dialouge like "oh a thanka rou, Optimusa Plime" seriously get that weak sauce outta here.
    And I'm a die-hard TF guy.
    Casey Kasem (Cliffjumper, Bluestreak, Teletraan-1) quit G1 over the fictionalized Arab nation of "Carbombya".

The Blonde Teela Thread

hated it.. was complete garbage and totally unbelievable
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Casey Kasem (Cliffjumper, Bluestreak, Teletraan-1) quit G1 over the fictionalized Arab nation of "Carbombya".
    BA-ZING!! That's what I'm talkin about!

I love Bay's Transformers. They are what made me a big TF fan. I only liked Beast Wars before hand.

I started exploring the franchise in depth thanks to the first movie. I didn't like G1 as a kid, but inspired by the movie I checked it out once more as an adult, and I came to really like it. I discovered series I didn't even knew existed (the japanese exclusive G1 shows (Masterforce becoming my favorite), RID...). I also became a big TF collector. I bought a truck load of movie figures and I collected Animated and CHUG figs as well.

It's all thanks to Bay's movies (the first one in particular).
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.