Wow, sounds like a big Q&A episode...
Episode 050 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
We hope you're hungry.
Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.
Plus, the crew enjoys a special guest appearance by Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich!"
Over the course of the show the crew touches on topics such as
e-mails and voicemails! This is a fan spectacular episode where we tackle your questions and comments.
MOTUC bios discussed in this show:
MOTUC figures discussed in this show:
Song: Kamikaze Sex Drive
Album: (EP release)
Band: Autumn Diver
Available to purchase on iTunes!
***Please support these Artists! Many are fans of MOTU and POP, and some are fans here in our community.
Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!
Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Georg Schwitters also know as THE_RAW on the forums. George is a freelance fine art and commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.myspace.com/georgschwitters
Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!
So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!
Runtime: 2 hour, 40 minutes, 14 seconds
Direct link for Episode 050
Link to subscribe with iTunes
Direct link to RSS feed
Wow, sounds like a big Q&A episode...
Woohoo! Downloading now, Thanks, Val!
My Deviantart Page
Are we hungry? Come on Val! Im famished 3 times! Now i have to reincarnate
2:40? Not bad!
Last edited by JimPansen; July 12, 2011 at 05:11am.
Interesting stuff from Toyguru. Eamon seemed to stutter a lot during the Toyguru part
Mine is saying "you know", "so" and "like"
I'm not sure what Danielle's and Dan's are.
I also didn't clean this episode up like I normally did. I'm playing catch-up so I'm powering through these recent episodes a bit faster. Sorry about that!
Woo @ 2 hours and 40 minutes! I'm on it. ha!
EDIT: LOL @ the "something suddenly came up" Brady Bunch reference.
Last edited by Tallstar; July 12, 2011 at 07:19am.
downloading now, work is going to go by a lot quicker today
NOOOOO! How can you not play the mystery Mattel caller?!
Episode 50 is out! Need to download it now. Thanks Val for getting it out.
My blog: huckthedog.com
My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899
Another grand episode guys!
Danielle, that weapons pack you had as as a kid was from a line called 'Dragons, Daggers, and Galaxies'. (Or something to that effect...) There were TWO sets made, one set cast in all gold/bronze, and one in gray/iron - we have both! I think they were made to go along with the Remco/MOTU guys. There are some VERY cool weapons in those packs for sure, that spiked baseball bat and Celtic hammer are WICKED!
".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."
- Lou Scheimer (1984)
This is what its all about, folks.
odd for some reason i can not download it from itunes on my phone
the ignore list is my new best friend
I'm so glad you guys are back!
Great Dinner guys! It was good hearing from guys like Toyguru, dorrmann and Big Country and it wouldn't be a RGD without Keldor18!
• About which part of MOTU should a director or producer use: The old mini-comics would be nice, but it's not what everyone knows of He-Man. That would be the Filmation AND MYP cartoons. MYP basically IS Filmation's canon without alot of the silliness.
• It's great to hear from those last two callers! While I'm not as in awe of that certain cartoon as most of the fanbase seems to be, it's presence made an already successful franchise even more successful. It's akin to what Bay did for Transformers--Transformers was already good, but Bay's flicks (like them or hate them) have made TF a billion dollar empire.
• I got a mention! Thanks, Penny! It's nuts that Da Bro' hired Emilliano from his He-Man work, but Mattel didn't. Val and Emilliano said they'd work for Mattel for free, so paying them isn't an issue. Hit them up, Toyguru!
Yay! Episode 50!
- Mosquitor wings - on the staction (to me) it looks like he has folded up wings under the bloodtanks. I don't think that they are legs because mosquitos have only 6 legs. For the Mosquitor staction he has 2 arms, 2 legs and 2 small insect arms.
- NA figures looking forward to - Echoing show hosts by saying Optikk, he was the only figure that I thought looked cool from the original NA line (though I never watched the show). Further echoing, I too thought/think that the heroes look very lame (but I believe that the 4H will correct that) and the NA figure that I now look forward to the most is Sagitar. I think it would be cool if to perform his transformation from centaur to 4-armed man that either his central limbs are swappable with legs/arms or that they have swappable feet/hands.
Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither
I thought the cosmic logo they were talking about was the white W on Zodak/Zodac. On the top of the castle there is a sort of W as well.
I didn't even think of the skull on the back of Hero's Cape.
I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!
Yup, Penny D. I've said it before and I'll say it again...The Misfits are better. And c-krash, your voice suits you to a T!
"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne
Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!
...and enjoying it! I listen to It Figures! and watch TNTS every week. For comics, I recommend Major Spoilers. Always entertaining!
"Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson
Sorry for taking your words out of context Val when I repeated your quote about sometimes wishing Hasbro had the MOTU line in my voicemail.
I was basically just trying to say that I wish Mattel had done more with the line over the years instead of letting it die. Hasbro has kept GI Joe and Transformers alive, and Star Wars has been strong, and I just wish we had more He-man stories. I don't think Mattel is good at doing this kind of thing.
They had never confirmed or denied this.
Having the symbol on the back of He-Ro's cape be the Cosmic Warrior symbol instead of the "W" is kind of weak, in my opinion. The symbol on He-Ro's back COULD have been his "clan" - the clan of Grayskull (whether he was adopted into it during the fight, or if he had been a member before he was recruited by the Overlords to become a Cosmic Warrior).
I do not like that the skull symbol on the cape is the reason for the entrance being a skull... Grayskull's family's name should have been reason enough.
The other thing that bothers me about the symbol on He-Ro's cape NOT being a clan symbol, is that with Gygor, we see that conceit used. True, he's a giant gorilla-type animal, but it would have been cool to use capes with clan symbols as customary Preternian-wear... that could have been a fun way to explain the use of so many capes (particularly for leaders) in modern-day Eternia.
A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.
Just downloaded it.
Gonna get started on it at the gym today...can't wait!
Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz