Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 050 Discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    I meant no insult when I said that I guess I never noticed.

As generic as the MOTUC package is, I'd rather keep them all the same for a uniform/ ocd look. I would still love to see a vintage "rock burst" style package if they ever release figures in retail.
    I'm guessing that this was also partly due to whatever overhang the mysterious Emiliano/Toyguru/Matty situation was at the beginning of the year. Certainly Eamon fought Emiliano's graphic design credentials for the MOTU line admirably - and didn't stutter at that point!

Overall a good fiftieth - but I still want an "Edited Highlights So Far" Companion podcast!
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

I deffinatly want Mosquitor with wings, always have!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Just listened to the podcast, and in reference to Dark Shadows, I loved the 90's revival myself. Barbara Steele as Dr. Julia Hoffman was AWESOME! I was crushed when it was cancelled (which many attritbute it's failure to the Gulf War coverage that often pre-empted the episodes).

I'm looking forward to seeing what Burton and Depp do with the the movie. I just hope they don't make it too hokey.

And as far as the Jem goes, I was in the Misfits camp too. How could you not be with numbers like this:

Last edited by Mr_Yuck; July 12, 2011 at 05:14pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Awesome! The much anticipated #50! I listened to it but I had several distractions so gotta give this one the rewind treatment!

I love listening to you guys because it seems like I constantly feel the same way as you on nearly 100% of MOTUC topics.

Also great to hear from Toyguru Scott, the various .orgers who called/wrote in, AND ESPECIALLY the last 4 callers. That was just awesome and made my day! Thank you!

Oh and the Misfits are DEFINITELY better! Jem's pretty good herself though sometimes.

(I'm sure I'll reply here more in depth once I get a non-interrupted listen in!)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    • It's great to hear from those last two callers! While I'm not as in awe of that certain cartoon as most of the fanbase seems to be, it's presence made an already successful franchise even more successful. It's akin to what Bay did for Transformers--Transformers was already good, but Bay's flicks (like them or hate them) have made TF a billion dollar empire.
    *spontaneously implodes into nothingness as if he never existed as a kid*

Dude, that's worse than getting "trapped in the form of a powerless, old man."

Too bad kids who grow up with Bayformers are lacking morals. Especially after they are exposed to Transformer testicles, humping, and other immature crap. Talk about silliness?!

Sorry I had to get my Era War™ in here, but I blame MGM. He mentioned our beloved Filmation cartoon in the same sentence as....Bayformers.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    *spontaneously implodes into nothingness as if he never existed as a kid*

Dude, that's worse than getting "trapped in the form of a powerless, old man."

Too bad kids who grow up with Bayformers are lacking morals. Especially after they are exposed to Transformer testicles, humping, and other immature crap. Talk about silliness?!
    Versus goofy, bumbling villains, talking animals and exploding Trollans? Who's silly now?

Both are bad news.

Sorry I had to get my Era War™ in here, but I blame MGM. He mentioned our beloved Filmation cartoon in the same sentence as....Bayformers.

I think the parallel fits nicely.

MOTU was already a successful toyline, but Filmation made it MEGA successful.
    Transformers was already a successful toyline, but Bayformers made it MEGA successful.

With that comparison, now you see how the people who aren't so enamored with Filmation view that show when it comes to MOTU.

at last !!! I'm going to save this episode for tomorrow, I love to listen to them when I'm drawing ^^
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks guys and muh-dam

An amusing episode.

Movie phone val kicks all forms of A! He needs to be on the show more often. Maybe even read a voice mail er e-mail or two.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Movie phone val kicks all forms of A! He needs to be on the show more often. Maybe even read a voice mail er e-mail or two.
    Even I found movie phone Val annoying.

That's how I am with the show every time I edit. I can remember the number of times I've said to myself "I wish I hadn't said that" or "I could have said that better."

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Versus goofy, bumbling villains, talking animals and exploding Trollans? Who's silly now?

Both are bad news.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...rabs/200X3.jpg

I think the parallel fits nicely.

MOTU was already a successful toyline, but Filmation made it MEGA successful.
    Transformers was already a successful toyline, but Bayformers made it MEGA successful.

With that comparison, now you see how the people who aren't so enamored with Filmation view that show when it comes to MOTU.
    I'm telling Mr. Shokoti on you!

I can kinda see your comparison but there is one major difference. Filmation happened like a year after MOTU was out there where as Bayformers happened what 25 years and countless awful Transformers reboots later? I see Filmation to the MOTU toyline as I see GEEWUN for Transformers. That's their original conceptions and eras (and best forms by far imo). All one in the same. Bayformers, however, I just see as a terrible money making movie trilogy in a whole different time period.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Even I found movie phone Val annoying.

That's how I am with the show every time I edit. I can remember the number of times I've said to myself "I wish I hadn't said that" or "I could have said that better."
    Hmmm. Guess I'm in the minority. oh well.

I don't get that in listening to you. I think you have a good, strong, commanding voice. And you come across very sure of yourself and of what you say. If anything I you could be doing voice overs. sigh. That sounds creepy. sorry.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Hmmm. Guess I'm in the minority. oh well.

I don't get that in listening to you. I think you have a good, strong, commanding voice. And you come across very sure of yourself and of what you say. If anything I you could be doing voice overs. sigh. That sounds creepy. sorry.
    Yeah, Val's got a damn sexy voice! And I mean that in a good way...uhm... that sounds creepy, too...

Heroic Warrior
    An entertaining and good natured #50! This is one of the best fan podcasts on the net, although regular scheduling/uploading would be better, sorry to sound like a grouch!
    Gentlemanly of Toyguru to pop on and congratulate everyone, while Penny, Val, Eamon and Dan continue to inform, entertain and ask questions fans really want answers to in very unique personae!

Anyway, Roast Gooble, hold Neitlich to his 'Battle Pigeon' exclusive figure promise!

Looking forward to the next fifty - and 'JVC', if you're gonna do a movie special podcast, please could you try and snare Gary Goddard, Dolph Lundgren or Meg Foster et al? Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I can kinda see your comparison but there is one major difference. Filmation happened like a year after MOTU was out there where as Bayformers happened what 25 years and countless awful Transformers reboots later? I see Filmation to the MOTU toyline as I see GEEWUN for Transformers. That's their original conceptions and eras (and best forms by far imo). All one in the same. Bayformers, however, I just see as a terrible money making movie trilogy in a whole different time period.
    We had a pretty barbaric MOTU canon before Mattel changed it up and Filmation showed those changes to everyone through it's cartoon. THAT'S Geewun for MOTU, if we are talking about original canons.

Filmation which catapulted MOTU into the national consciousness is nostalgic. Bayformers which catapulted Transformers into the national consciousness is not nostalgic. That's the only difference between them. They both do the same things.

Both are mass market versions of those canons which "fix" what was the original versions for the mass consumers. Barbarian He-Man is suddenly just as bad as mass shifting Transformers.

Thank you for posting the 50th episode, whoa; finally! It was as informative and very entertaining as always, however the mentioning of Strato's grey junk was just priceless! Thank you Eamon.

Is' a shame to know that Mattel didn't use Emilliano's and Val's talents properly from the beginning! I mean if you look back at some of what those two pillars had accomplished with their art through the MVCreations comics alone, you'd probably be thinking this is one the coolest portrayal of MOTU could ever had! The amount of details on every single page is just mind boggling! Not to mention how much dedication these two guys had to endure over the years just to keep this brand alive!

Anyhow, looking forward to more of the newer episodes now, it's been a bad dry spell, and you just can't keep us hungry for ever Val, even if you have to cut the amount of episodes in half per month due to your busy schedule, just ask your cat and she'll agree.

Keep up the great work.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gragar View Post
    Gentlemanly of Toyguru to pop on
    He's a good sport, that's for sure.

He takes the good, he takes the bad, he takes them both and there you have
    Scott Neitlich's life, Scott Neitlich's life!

I'm also keeping my hopes alive for Emil mailer box illustrations! There's nothing wrong with hope, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    EDIT: LOL @ the "something suddenly came up" Brady Bunch reference.
    I agree. Too bad it came out on a day where the entertainment world is mourning the loss of Sherwood Schwartz, the creator of Brady Bunch.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

oh, Val!

So which one is he? Cousin Jerry?
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Thanks, Val. I've been singing this to myself ever since I read this comment.

I'm *SO* glad someone even mentioned the mere possibility of a video game-related announcement. I don't have very high hopes, but it's great to even hope that it could happen in the next few years. Such potential.

And always happy to listen to any discussion on Power-Con.

Thank you all for a great episode!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Great episode! Great interview! Great surprise call ins!

And thanks, Penny, for the awesome nod to Dark Shadows!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Warrior
    Im listening to this show (as I type)

I must say I agree 100%, they need to give them all the original he-man mini-comics, episodes & box art & let them do there thing for the movie!!!!

Exactly what they should do!

Robo Eamon needs to be a regular feature.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Robo Eamon needs to be a regular feature.
    If you haven't noticed, "Robo Eamon" is/was a regular feature on many of the episodes already! All Val needs to do now is to add the track "domo arigato mr roboto" by Styx in the backgrounds whenever Eamon gets hit by the Techno-virus!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I'm about halfway through and was wondering...

Is anyone else as mortified to hear their own voice as I am????
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I'm about halfway through and was wondering...

Is anyone else as mortified to hear their own voice as I am????
    I am. But your voice is way better than mine!