Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will She-Ra V2 replace or co-exist with V1 in your collection?

Will She-Ra V2 replace or co-exist with V1 in your collection?

For the folks planning on buying She-Ra V2, will you be keeping V1 in your collection, or is the outdated She-Ra destined for the landfill?

Since there are actual sculpt differences, I'm considering them two distinct versions.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

The old She-Ra will be re-named "Trepanning She-Ra" after Hordak drills a hole in her head to more effectively mind-wipe her.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Once I get my hands on the new version, the old version is going in the "to sell" pile. At least, her body is. I'll keep the heads and the accessories, but I have zero use for the unable-to-move, stiff plastic dressed She-Ra body with plain boots and bracers when there's going to be this more-detailed, more bad-ass version of her in my collection. UPGRADE!

My old She-Ra stays where she is (I like the hard plastic dress way better than the soft gummy plastic) and I'll display the new She-Ra on Swiftwind.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I wasn't planning to get the new version but it does look very nice. Not sure which of the two I prefer.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't know...all I DO know is that I will need at least 2 of her!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I'll decide as soon as I got 2.0 in hand, but it is very likely I will replace the first version of She-Ra.

....custom fodder...
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I don't have 1.0 and don't intend on getting her after seeing 2.0. Glad I waited.

I can't really tell the difference between the two. I already have one, I'm not paying $30 for another.

I'm just happy that ToyGuru and the Four Horsemen listened to our critiques of the first She-Ra and have come up with something that many of us are going to be very happy with. I give them major points for taking what we think into account! Shall we harp on them for a better Teela now?
    Last edited by zodak74; July 21, 2011 at 02:15pm.

I'll probably display v2 because she can ride swift wind and I'll give v1 to my daughter so I can start the next generation of motu fans in my family.
    bnl4life

Replace. I kinda screwed up my 1.0 by cutting the skirt on the sides and doing a HORRIBLE job. I'm gona gank her accessories and head and use 'em with the new one. Very much looking forward to 2.0! Not only are they fixing my major problem (that resulted in me ruining my old one) but it just looks great! Didn't realize how plain the first one was when compared to details on the original figure. Can't wait to see her classic toy sword!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

The new version looks much better and I she will replace my V1 provided I can get her from Mattycollector.com.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I can't really tell the difference between the two. I already have one, I'm not paying $30 for another.

Count me in, I also don`t see the difference without the shin and forearm guards

She-Ra 2.0 will be on Swiftwind and She-Ra 1 will be next to Adora doing the transformation. SR1 stands still very nicely
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    The old She-Ra will be re-named "Trepanning She-Ra" after Hordak drills a hole in her head to more effectively mind-wipe her.
    This.......wins

2 She ra's

I really don't know what I am going to do with mine. I do not put the figures on thier mounts due to lack of hieght on my shelves (I have one shelf for the beasts) I can't and don't want to sell her, maybe I will just give her the old mask and gold sword and shield and put her somewhere else in my room.

Thoughts?
    The worst thing that happens to you can be the best thing for you if you don't let it get the best of you.

Quote Originally Posted by motufan425 View Post
    I really don't know what I am going to do with mine. I do not put the figures on thier mounts due to lack of hieght on my shelves (I have one shelf for the beasts) I can't and don't want to sell her, maybe I will just give her the old mask and gold sword and shield and put her somewhere else in my room.

Thoughts?
    Ever since I was a kid, I've had one He-Man on a shelf, one at a desk, and one on a night stand. So, I would agree it's a good idea to have She-Ra elsewhere in your room.

Quote Originally Posted by bnlvince View Post
    I'll probably display v2 because she can ride swift wind and I'll give v1 to my daughter so I can start the next generation of motu fans in my family.
    I *so* feel like I'm not in the know on this, but...do we know when Swift Wind is to be released?
    Last edited by superheman; July 21, 2011 at 04:19pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'll be putting the version 2.0 head (without hole) on the version 1.0 body to make She-Ra without tiara (as seen in one of the cartoon eps)

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    I plan on assimilating her into my vast, vast, vast, vast, vast She-Ra army.

*vast*
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

She-Ra 2.0 is going on Swift Wind since that's what she was basically designed to do.

Version 1.0 is either going to remain beside He-Man or on the POP shelf.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm going to take She-ra 2.0 as an upgrade and I am going to put my previous She-ra to rest.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Just like me.

From the little I've seen, She-Ra 2.0 looks to be an improvement. I have several of my figures posed in various action poses against each other. Due to the stiff skirt, I couldn't get much done with the original She-Ra.

She's still a pretty good figure in my opinion. So I will probably use the original for generic posing display options, and use the new She-Ra as my main go to girl for action displays.

I have multiple He-Men, Skeletors, and She-Ras because I like one on the shelf and one in the computer room.The old She-Ra will probably end up on my computer desk. So it's all good.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; July 21, 2011 at 05:45pm.

Quote Originally Posted by superheman View Post
    I *so* feel like I'm not in the know on this, but...do we know when Swift Wind is to be released?
    I believe Swiftwind is released in november this year, together with She-Ra 2.0
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader