Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Charge on credit card: Need to cross reference

  1. #1
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,431

    Charge on credit card: Need to cross reference

    Alright I just got a fraud alert email about a charge of 39.10 "in a computer software store" for today in Luxembourg, Luxembourg (as it says). When I go to my account activity, I see that exact dollar amount in a pending charge from Digital River.Com. All my previous charges came from DRI*MATTYCOLLECTOR, and I can't find a one that says Digital River.Com. On top of this, I haven't gotten my standard sub renewal email yet.

    My question, of course, is whether or not any of this information is familiar to anyone else. Also, I can't seem to match that dollar amount with what I should be getting (just Netossa, right? At 25 bucks with shipping of 8.70, if shipping hasn't changed). I don't wana freak out if this is normal, 'cause I don't wana upset that delicate balance of Digital River working correctly.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

  2. #2
    Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    1,096
    That sounds fishy man. It should say DRI Matty I believe. I've never had a charge from digital river. Com
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

  3. #3
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,272
    I just checked my credit card and I have 4 pending charges from Digital River. I have MOTUC, DCIE, and Watchmen subscriptions but the totals I am being charged don't seem to add up.

  4. #4
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,431
    My thoughts as well...however, Matty is supposed to be doing new things today. New subscription options, or something? I think I'm gona wait on it a little more and see if anyone else gets similar things today. Perhaps they're changing how things are done. Maybe I should make a note on the Matty forum as well...

    - - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I just checked my credit card and I have 4 pending charges from Digital River. I have MOTUC, DCIE, and Watchmen subscriptions but the totals I am being charged don't seem to add up.
    Alright, interesting. That's one other person, at least. A bit comforting. I'm thinking this may have to do with the new thing they're trying today...
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

  5. #5
    Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Home of the Power Tour
    Posts
    2,501
    I know that yesterday Digitial River sold off one of their online checkout businesses. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Maybe the business that Mattel uses for online checkout changed.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

  6. #6
    THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Barcelona, Spain
    Posts
    866
    I'm in Europe and ALL of my Matty charges have always appeared first as DIGITAL RIVER - LUXEMBOURG, then as DRI*MATTYCOLLECTOR after a few days. My guess is that this has to do with the "first pre-authorize an amount, then settle the charge" process.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 10, 2013 at 11:18am.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

  7. #7
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,272
    I am going to wait to see what charges actually hit my statement before I get concerned since the charges are pending right now. I didn't have any problems with combined shipping across multiple subscriptions last year but I guess Digital River can always find a new way to screw things up.

  8. #8
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwinter View Post
    I know that yesterday Digitial River sold off one of their online checkout businesses. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Maybe the business that Mattel uses for online checkout changed.
    That is a possiblity.

    I did just check thier main website and they have an office in Luxembourg, specifically:

    Digital River International S.a.r.l.
    9b, Boulevard du Prince Henri
    L-1724
    Luxembourg

    So that makes me feel better. I just don't get why the money amount doesn't add up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I'm in Europe and ALL of my Matty charges have always appeared first as DIGITAL RIVER - LUXEMBOURG, then as DRI*MATTYCOLLECTOR after a few days. My guess is that this has to do with the "first pre-authorize an amount, then settle the charge" process.
    Okay, COOL. Good; that makes me feel better. And honestly I can imagine how they would be listed as a "computer software store" in general purpose knowledge, so I can see how it would be listed as such in my email alert. Sounds like I should verify the transaction then.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

  9. #9
    Randor Grizzlor Lovechild bigassbuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,539
    Last year my CC stopped payment to Matty because they charged from Digital River in Luxembourg. Looks like they're starting 2013 off with a fail.

    This morning I found SEPARATE charges for Watchmen, DC, and MOTUC subs.
    Thanks Mangs.
    -Buzz out
    www.hyveofvillainy.com - Evil Action Figures

    My ORG FEEDBACK is here.

  10. #10
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I just don't get why the money amount doesn't add up.
    I wonder if the pending charges include Ram Man since he was supposed to be released this month and maybe the actual charged amount will change once they figure out he is delayed.

  11. #11
    Awesome Warrior Alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The big 'ol mitten
    Posts
    6,431
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I wonder if the pending charges include Ram Man since he was supposed to be released this month and maybe the actual charged amount will change once they figure out he is delayed.
    That's what I figured, but it should be more than 39.10. That would make more sense for one figure of 25 with...well, some other shipping than the usual 8.70. I tried UPS at 13.50 but that only gets me 38.05, and I've never been charged tax.

    One way or another it sounds like something they're still sorting out, so I'm gona verify the charge since - given the evidence so far - everything checks out.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

    Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

  12. #12
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,272
    MattyCollector started charging me tax last year and I'm in Ohio. No other website, Amazon included, charges me sales tax. Not only that but they charge sales tax on the total price after shipping. I'm pretty sure they shouldn't be doing that. I am going to contact them about that this year once I figure out how much they have overcharged me.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    That's what I figured, but it should be more than 39.10. That would make more sense for one figure of 25 with...well, some other shipping than the usual 8.70. I tried UPS at 13.50 but that only gets me 38.05, and I've never been charged tax.

    One way or another it sounds like something they're still sorting out, so I'm gona verify the charge since - given the evidence so far - everything checks out.
    The "Extra" is probably cause it's an International transaction. SOME Cards tend to charge a bit extra for that. (and I got hit a couple of times with those by DR... back when I was "international")
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,495
    That is the charge from Digital River. Whenever I call my card hotline and check my my transactions it will list Digital River as this but list it as DRI Mattycollector on your printed statement. That's how I always receive it.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior Stygian360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,677
    Yes, Digital River/Matty ARE starting 2013 off with a fail. I just had the same fraud issue with my cc account, with multiple separate charges from Digital River showing up under different (but related) names and different under charge amounts. 3 of the four were denied by my bank. Yay them for catching this! Well, yay in the sense that they caught what seemed like fraud but wasn't. Anyway, I now need to call my bank and see what happens next. Do the charges get reapplied or do my multiple subs get cancelled by Digital River because the charges were denied? I'd like to say thankfully I've never been through this, but now I'm feeling a bit behind the curve because I don't have the experience of having been through this rigamaroll before. And why would my bank allow one of the $34.90 charges to go through but not the others?? Oh well..
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

  16. #16
    T-Man tmc1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, U.K.
    Posts
    2,060
    my credit card has been charged today for my subscription netossa (i assume; as the charge is still pending and it's not yet listed on my statement, but there's nothing else it could be and the charged amount adds up) - but aside from that, i haven't had any fraud alerts/e-mails from my bank ...

    i also haven't had the standard subscription-renewal e-mail from mattel ...

    this fraud alert is concerning - i had hoped we were over these problems ... i can handle delays/the odd production error here and there but when finances/money start being mis-handled then i get concerned ...
    Last edited by tmc1984; January 10, 2013 at 12:22pm.
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

    USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    997
    Yeah, no... I'm thinking UPS prices jumped a bit. I ordered my 4 subs in 2 x 2-sub increments. I have 2 pending charges of $65.30... Last year, my sub shipping charges seemed to be all over the place, with November's 3-figure shipment being $14+ and December's 3-figure shipment being almost $12. I never really noticed it last year because every month seemed to have such dramatic differences in what was shipping, but the actual charge itself didn't seem to change in relation to what was being shipped. Looks like my January shipping is going to be $15.30 for UPS shipping.

    I just did a quick search back on my original sub-order email... Shipping on the order was $15.30. My guess is if everyone looks at their original order, take the shipping from that order and add it to your $25 (times however many subs you ordered) figure charge, you'll get the amount being authorized. It makes sense, since that was "locked in" at the time of the original order. However, since it's based on Ram-Man being part of the package, I hope that next month's shipping prices are adjusted to account for this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    i also haven't had the standard subscription-renewal e-mail from mattel ...
    January never gives a renewal... It's technically the fulfillment of the initial sub order (which is still sitting in submitted status in your Order History on Mattel's site until things ship this month) so no renewal taking place.

  18. #18
    T-Man tmc1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, U.K.
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    January never gives a renewal... It's technically the fulfillment of the initial sub order (which is still sitting in submitted status in your Order History on Mattel's site until things ship this month) so no renewal taking place.
    oh well that makes sense - thanks buddy
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

    USE YOUR ILLUSION

  19. #19
    Master of Yuletide MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,835
    I received the pending DRI*Matty charge for Netossa on my credit card this morning and the charges look correct.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

    ~John F. Kennedy

  20. #20
    Evil Collapsing Robot! Zodach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    3,272
    Even if subs were purchased on different orders, the shipping should be combined for all of them as long as you used the same account and shipping method on both of them. We should not be charged for more than one shipment.

  21. #21
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Even if subs were purchased on different orders, the shipping should be combined for all of them as long as you used the same account and shipping method on both of them. We should not be charged for more than one shipment.
    I think they're doing the same thing as last year; subs bought in separate orders will not be combined until the second month of shipping. Nothing has been explicitly stated either way in anything I've read, but I think one of TG's responses on the Ask Matty board hinted at it. I can't find the post now, but if/when I do, I'll add a quote/link.

  22. #22
    Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    10,504
    Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    I think they're doing the same thing as last year; subs bought in separate orders will not be combined until the second month of shipping. Nothing has been explicitly stated either way in anything I've read, but I think one of TG's responses on the Ask Matty board hinted at it. I can't find the post now, but if/when I do, I'll add a quote/link.
    That is most likely the case for subs ordered separately.

    What a lot of people don't seem to realize is that unlike when a sub "renews" for the second month of the year and onward, the first shipment (or first "renewal", if you will) actual occurs when the sub order is placed.... that is why in addition to getting charged any applicable sign up fees, we get a breakdown and possibly a temporary authorization hold on funds for the first shipment of the year for each sub at the time that we sign up. If they instead set it up where we just get charged the sign up fee and the first order of the year didn't actually generate (or "renew") until January, this issue probably could be avoided.

    This is why last year when the Sorceress got delayed a month (originally the only January MOTUC figure), but the Star Sisters got moved up a month, we basically got charged the price of the Sorceress first, then there was that second charge making up the difference in the cost of the Star Sisters. Matty tried to play it off like they were doing everyone a favor and giving them time to get the additional funds ready by splitting the payment in two and charging the rest of it a week or so after the initial charge, but in reality they just let the initial pending charge (which would have been for the Sorceress) go through, and then manually charged the difference.


    Something else to look out for, for anyone who did buy several different subs together is that if the first item from one sub doesn't ship for another month or two (as was the case for me last year with Voltron), the intial shipping charge will be split up between the different shipments. Last year I had ordered the MOTUC, Voltron, and Ghostbusters subs together, which gave me a combined shipping charge for the first order. It took a while for me to figure out since I had to do a lot of cross references and calculating to make sense out of it, but basically I got charged a portion of the shipping charge when the Star Sisters shipped (which was actually calculated for the Sorceress... no extra shipping fees were tacked on for the larger item), and another portion when the first Voltron shipment went out a month or so later. Since the Ghobusters sub got canceled, I was never even charged the portion that would have been for that first figure.... so I got a slight discount thanks to that.

    But it was quite confusing, and took way too much effort on my part to make sense out of it.



    So, I do wonder what this means for the Ram-Man delay. Perhaps the initial shipping charge, which was calculated for both Netossa and Ram-Man, will be split up between the two figures (maybe that's why some people are saying things don't add up... I'm not sure as I don't have a pending charge yet on mine.... also keep in mind that if this is the case, theoretically Ram-Man will be charged the remaining portion of this charge next month, and Jitsu will have his own separate shipping charge).

    Or perhaps they actually have found a way to go in and charge only Netossa with a single figure's normal shipping charge, and Ram-Man will actually combine with Jitsu next month.

    But this is Matty and DR, so who knows for sure.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; January 10, 2013 at 02:38pm.
    ____________________________________________

    Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

  23. #23
    Heroic Warrior mjw41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Alright I just got a fraud alert email about a charge of 39.10 "in a computer software store" for today in Luxembourg, Luxembourg (as it says). When I go to my account activity, I see that exact dollar amount in a pending charge from Digital River.Com. All my previous charges came from DRI*MATTYCOLLECTOR, and I can't find a one that says Digital River.Com. On top of this, I haven't gotten my standard sub renewal email yet.

    My question, of course, is whether or not any of this information is familiar to anyone else. Also, I can't seem to match that dollar amount with what I should be getting (just Netossa, right? At 25 bucks with shipping of 8.70, if shipping hasn't changed). I don't wana freak out if this is normal, 'cause I don't wana upset that delicate balance of Digital River working correctly.
    This is the first month of the 2013 subscription Alexx so you won't get a sub renewal email till February as nothing is renewing for january it's the initial first figure of the new subscripton year.

  24. #24
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,265
    So, has anyone been billed for more than just Netossa so far? OR does it appear we wont be billed for Rammy till Febuary after all?

  25. #25
    Master of Yuletide MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,835
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    So, has anyone been billed for more than just Netossa so far? OR does it appear we wont be billed for Rammy till Febuary after all?
    Just Netossa.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

    ~John F. Kennedy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •