Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC vs DC is DEAD!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

MOTUC vs DC is DEAD!

http://www.itsalltrue.net/?p=13408

MOTUClassics.Com: Is Battle Armor Faker one of the six 2011 TRU MOTU/DC 2pks?

It was one of the original six but at this point it will be the final pack as retailers have not ordered any additional packs and it looks like the line will end with this pack. The GL/Zodac and Supergirl/She-Ra packs should still hit before the end of the year now for a total of 5 packs. But the sixth pack will not move forward unfortunately. There just has not been enough interest from retailers to keep this line going. While we announced 6 packs and hoped to do 6, we could not find a retailer who would take the min order needed for the 6th pack.
    Maybe Mattel can sell the repaints separately from the DC figures? Here is the thread for that if you want Mattel to know that the MOTUC parts of the two packs can still have a home on Mattycollector.com!
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 15, 2011 at 05:53pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I posted about this in the Q&A...such drama!

I just read another answer that says if we want to see more we should support the stuff currently in stores, so we may never see she-ra or zodac, just like JLU toyman...
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

There was no promotion behind these is what hurt them. Not one radio or TV ad. Back in the 80's even with 200x line there were TV commercials all over the place,but not with this. Honestly no one outside of someone who follows the He-man news knew they we're in retail. Mattel has to reach the people that DON'T know about the line for retail success to happen. You can't just put something in a store and hope it sells.

Bummer. I was looking forward to more figures in this line.
    Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing.--Optimus Prime ROTF

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I posted about this in the Q&A...such drama!

I just read another answer that says if we want to see more we should support the stuff currently in stores, so we may never see she-ra or zodac, just like JLU toyman...
    What?! JLU Toyman never came out. I wanted him the most of any JLU figure....and I collected a LOT of them. Man, this day is just FULL of great news today. /sarcasm.

I figured the two-packs would stop. I never saw a single one at my ToysRUs though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I looked for months and months and never saw anything except the LL vs. Skeletor pack (15-20 of them). I never once saw He-man, Stratos or Mer-man packs in the four TRU's in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    What?! JLU Toyman never came out. I wanted him the most of any JLU figure....and I collected a LOT of them. Man, this day is just FULL of great news today. /sarcasm.

I figured the two-packs would stop. I never saw a single one at my ToysRUs though.
    I got more great news for you! There is no reissues of anyone after leech/hordak, only some older figures are slotted in and that's it so buy your toys on their first and only run!

(Also, Toyman never came out because there wasn't enough demand for the other 3packs...but supposedly he was ready.)

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

I also think what hurt them were lackluster choices with little or no change to the original toys.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    What is all of this 6 packs talk?

Are they not include the original 2 He-Man and Skeletor packs? Because unless I have my math wrong, 4 of these packs have already been released (the ones with He-Man, Skeletor, Mer-Man, and Stratos) and 3 more are coming (the Faker exclusive one, the She-Ra one, and the Zodac one). That would make for a total of 7, with a theoretical additional one being 8.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just realized that they meant the 6 sets for this year, and not for the line as a whole. My bad!

As for the "lack of interest from retailers"... there is only one retailer involved here... Toys R Us. And the new packs can't come out when the old ones are still clogging the shelves!

But I can't say that I'm too upset about it. While this was a cool way to get a few variant repaints that we might not otherwise get, it's also extra money that I don't need to be spending. So I'll get the remaining packs as they become available and be done with it!
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; July 15, 2011 at 05:39pm.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Darn, I liked them because they took all the repaints I would never want to buy and packaged them in a format that would never be included in the subscription. Like if they ever did a Green Trap-Jaw, I would have wanted it to be in a DC 2-pack so that I wouldn't be forced to buy it.

And Toyguru strikes again with "Support the stuff in stores" to save the line stuff.

He's done this with JLU, and it's getting tired.

Since I am INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED BY THIS, I'll be a brat: I've heard from several sources that the other pack was Filmation colors Hordak.

Ohhhhh well!!

Sad. Just sad.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    well this blowwwwwwwwwwwssssssssssssssssssssssss

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    What is all of this 6 packs talk?

Are they not include the original 2 He-Man and Skeletor packs? Because unless I have my math wrong, 4 of these packs have already been released (the ones with He-Man, Skeletor, Mer-Man, and Stratos) and 3 more are coming (the Faker exclusive one, the She-Ra one, and the Zodac one). That would make for a total of 7, with a theoretical additional one being 8.

As for the "lack of interest from retailers"... there is only one retailer involved here... Toys R Us. And the new packs can't come out when the old ones are still clogging the shelves!

But I can't say that I'm too upset about it. While this was a cool way to get a few variant repaints that we might not otherwise get, it's also extra money that I don't need to be spending. So I'll get the remaining packs as they become available and be done with it!
    Thats what I thought as well, but then i realized it was six two-packs for 2011, which doesn´t include He-Man or Skeletor as they were from last year.

If pulling the 2-packs secure the future of the online sales, so be it. As cool as the two packs were I'd much rather spend my money on new figures.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Australia (like many other countries) didn't get these 2 packs, 'Toys R Us' should get what's left (seems like A LOT in some stores!) from the US stores and ship them to 'Toys R US' Oz where Fans would hopefully buy them (and the same for other countries too)

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    And Toyguru strikes again with "Support the stuff in stores" to save the line stuff.

Since I am INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED BY THIS, I'll be a brat: I've heard from several sources that the other pack was Filmation colors Hordak.

Ohhhhh well!!

Sad. Just sad.
    Of Course THAT would be the pack we never get...

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Major sadness. At least the Zodac and She-Ra packs will be released... hopefully... Gah.... there are so many at my local TRU. They've trippled in amount since I was last there, oddly. And they're still at the same price.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

So, no:

-blonde tiara-wearing Teela
    -all red beast man
    -mini-comic colors Trap Jaw
    -mini-comic colors Tri-Klops
    -Filmation colors/armored MAA

etc

these were planned so poorly... I've talked about this before.

They went super cheap instead of putting figures together that would lure BOTH DCUC and MOTUC collectors. If Mattel had taken a slight loss on these, which I doubt could even happen, it would have been worth the investment in the two lines, and in mattycollector.

Embarassing.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Delighted to have gotten minicomic Mer-Man out of this whole mess. One of my faves.

Too bad they never got around to a blonde Teela repaint. Otherwise, I won't miss these. Most were either overpriced, poorly distributed, or not thought out well in terms of what was included.

This is upsetting and makes the line look bad to retailers. (yeah, I know it's a higher-priced 2-Pack, but it still gives a bad impression)

I really do hope we get Supergirl/She-Ra and Green Lantern/Zodac.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post

Ohhhhh well!!

Sad. Just sad.
    Ouch. That's just salt in the would if the last pack was indeed going to be a Filmation colors Hordak. Why you gotta hurt me like that Brian?!?
    END OF LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    (Also, Toyman never came out because there wasn't enough demand for the other 3packs...but supposedly he was ready.)

He was tooled and made (samples were sold on ebay via a Chinese seller).

Scott/Toyguru has been telling the JLU collectors over on AFI and via Matty's forums that they had better support the S.T.R.I.P.E. sale or the 7-pack that was planned to finish the League, as well as the 3packs that included Toyman, Scott Alan GL, Jay Garrick Flash, etc. would never see the light of day.

I think it's a bluff... I think those figures were produced because the samples showed up on ebay.

BUT, that's beside the point. JLU stuff should have been sold on mattycollector and these 2-packs could have been planned better and sold there as well.

Including TRU should only be for when there is a movie or a mega-hit TV show. They went for the retail thing way too soon.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I am fairly indifferent to this announcement. Out of the announced/released 2-packs, the only figure I really wanted was blue Mer-Man and his electric corn cob sword. That's it. I got the Skeletor/Luthor 2-pack mainly for Luthor but I could have easily lived without it. All in all, this announcement comes as no surprise to me...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; July 15, 2011 at 05:51pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Yeah the poor choice of figures/decos were the death of this awesome idea.
    Thanks again Mattel.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    Ouch. That's just salt in the would if the last pack was indeed going to be a Filmation colors Hordak. Why you gotta hurt me like that Brian?!?
    I know.

It was rumored by a couple other Orgers, back when Mattel said they were going to show a pack at Wonder Con and then didn't.

Of course Toyguru will deny it, and maybe that plan did change.

As a loyal paying customer, who buys JLU, DCUC, and MOTUC, I just do NOT like being told that I better go buy up products I don't need to make way for new product because the brand manager didn't plan this particular venture well enough.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Stratos/Hawkman SHOULD have had Golden Age Hawkman with a repaint of The Atom's head. DC collectors had ZERO interest in this two-pack because they already had Hawkman from a while back.