Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC vs DC is DEAD!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Where are those few .Orgers convinced that the line is going to retail and is one of the big announcements at SDCC?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Yeah, I was bummed to find that in my e-mail this afternoon.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Where are those few .Orgers convinced that the line is going to retail and is one of the big announcements at SDCC?
    HEAVEN FORBID!!! Can you imagine the nightmare of case packs with tons of He-Man and Skeletor???

Though, I have to admit the case-packs of DCUC are very good, so maybe that wouldn't be a problem. But fighting scalp-or would be
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I would love the line to return to retail as I'm personally in a much better financial spot now then when 200x was kicking. If it was done with case ratios like DCUC, I think it may do well. It would need some media to support it though.
    END OF LINE

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Another thing that hurt this line is that it was marketed to a niche market within a niche market. For the price (especially if you have no tru in your state/country) you really have to be a fan of both properties. Since I have never been much of a dc fan, a motu repaint wasn't worth that kind of money to me. just throwing that out there.

Of course, if I had a tru in my state, I probably would have made an impulse purchase or two...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    HEAVEN FORBID!!! Can you imagine the nightmare of case packs with tons of He-Man and Skeletor???

Though, I have to admit the case-packs of DCUC are very good, so maybe that wouldn't be a problem. But fighting scalp-or would be
    We've seen this retail distribution problem happen before with JLU (Target wouldn't restock shelves empty, over ordered assortments or even order the JLU 6 packs and many fans missed out), Retro Action DC and now MOTUC vs DC Universe.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Maybe I should include the 2-Packs as part of the Twitter Campaign.

I can't say I'm surprised. At least that's some money saved!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

all i have ever seen is the damn Skeletor pack.
    i think them not repainting the DC part hurt them

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I think $30 bucks for variants/repacks was a bit much if all you want is just one of the figures. I never wanted the DC characters. As a MOC collector, I often saw the packaging in horrible banged up condition. Zodac is not a popular character, so he is going to do worse than even the Merman/Aquaman Stratos/Hawkman packs. I don't think this is any reflection on how a real MOTU line would do at retail again.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Another thing that hurt this line is that it was marketed to a niche market within a niche market. For the price (especially if you have no tru in your state/country) you really have to be a fan of both properties. Since I have never been much of a dc fan, a motu repaint wasn't worth that kind of money to me. just throwing that out there.
    You're right. I collect DCUC (cherry pick... mostly Super Powers/Super Friends figures). The He-Man and Skeletor 2-packs were an easy pick for me
    because, believe it or not, I had never purchased a short-haired Superman, nor a Luthor in that costume... so it was a win win for me.

The Mer-Man pack was a super win for me because I never was able to find short-haired Aquaman either (though he broke a few days after I bough the pack).

I didn't bother with Stratos, because I used the weapons pak armor and an extra Stratos to make a custom. The blue paint I found was an exact match. If Hawkman had been a new version, I would have bought it anyway.

I love She-Ra, and don't own a Supergirl figure... but I won't purchase that 2-pack because the Supergirl is terrible, and I'd rather have the blue costume, and I already have She-Ra (2 of them) and the weapons pak Sword of Protection.

I'll buy the Zodac/GL one because I've avoided buying GL all this time... but I need him for the Super Powers collection.

So you're right, being a fan of both lines does make one part of a niche within a niche market...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    We've seen this retail distribution problem happen before with JLU (Target wouldn't restock shelves empty, over ordered assortments or even order the JLU 6 packs and many fans missed out), Retro Action DC and now MOTUC vs DC Universe.
    JLU has been a MESS since the "Collector's Line" began. The character selection (HEAVY on reuse of Green Lantern John Stewart 2-3 years before rumors of the movie even surfaced). I mean, sometimes there would be a single John Stewart figure in the same wave with 2 three-packs that had him as well. What kind of collectors' line is that!?

The problem with the 6 packs was that Target would over-order, and Mattel would send the new versions on the same SKU. Target wouldn't order the new SKU because they still had the first round of 6 packs. By the time they could clearance that first 6 pack, Mattel would have already produced 2 more... and sometimes the second was never put on the shelves.. just the third.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Why we think this was going to last much longer?

I think things of this style does not extend more than 2 series.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Why not send them overseas to test the European market ?
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I would rather purchase MOTUC repaints thru Matty. It'd be much easier than dealing with TRU. I hope Mattel considers doing this now that the TRU deal is done.

They are too expensive like everything at Toys R Us! An Iron Man 6 inch figure is now almost $20 with tax. I used to get Marvel Legends for just over $5, and that wasn't that long ago!

The prices on figures is getting ridiculous! This is going to end up like the comic industry in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I would rather purchase MOTUC repaints thru Matty. It'd be much easier than dealing with TRU. I hope Mattel considers doing this now that the TRU deal is done.
    That would be great

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Why we think this was going to last much longer?

I think things of this style does not extend more than 2 series.
    With the Luther/Skeletor pack clogging shelves it was getting obvious there was 'trouble in the toy aisles', but it's still majorly disappointing to see this kind of announcement. It makes me feel like all the retailers will now view MOTUC as a flop, so it's less likely we'll see the 'stripped-down' versions (that Toyguru has mentioned a few times in the past) at retail during a movie year. I really wanted to see those alongside whatever movie line they came up with, so that the non-collectors would be exposed to their coolness. :/

This was seriously coming from MILES away. Limited market, re-paints, re-packs, expensive, U.S. only, TRU only, 9,000 sets of series 1 taking up space on the shelves, no where for series 2 to go,......etc...I could go on forever here. No surprise.

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm sad about this announcement. I have to agree that the choices are what killed it, particularly Stratos vs Hawkman. So many cool options they could've done, none of which will see the light of day now.

Incidently, who would've been in that Hordak Two Pack? Darkseid? I would imagine it would've been the one from the DCSH line if it was.

Not surprised, the He-Man one sold great though

I have virtually no interest outside the She-Ra one which we should get just fine (those worried about it keep looking online, if it misses stores it will be online)

Bad DC choices IMHO, the characters were already out of scale but there was no real appeal on that end. Removing the comic book in the later ones was even worse due to the price
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    Not surprising,

They did some good ones. They should of tried matching ones that sell or would sell with Repaint or some re-tooling. Instead of making sure they made total sense or followed a Comic book, Because in the end they money they make is all that matters. In my opinion They should of done these with either re-paints or re-tool.(they did get two right)

He-Man Vs Superman
    Skeletor Vs Joker
    Mer-Man Vs Aquaman
    She-Ra vs Wonder Woman
    Man at Arms Vs Batman
    Faker Vs Bizarro
    Trap Jaw Vs Green Lantern
    Beastman Vs Flash

I can’t say I’m that surprised. This is a “line” that never really had a future ahead of it.

I blame Lex Luthor... Had they used the Superfriends Luthor instead, I would've taken the plunge... (Some TRUs still had the Armored Luthor vs Supergirl 2 pack)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

nothing works excellently if this is not accompanied by a powerful media like a movie or a cartoon ,that is the key
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

If they released them in MOTUC singles packs, they'd sell much better. I passed on mini comic Mer-Man because I couldn't justify $30 for him and no need for Aquaman.