Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC vs DC is DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by lemure77 View Post
    Ditto. Didn't like hunting them down. Happy to see em die sorry for those who dug em
    My feelings exactly. Not having to track down figures in stores is one of the things that makes MOTUC great. I loathe TRU...

Sallah

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    The price point and paint apps were what killed it for me. I wanted the Skelly/Lex set, but the paint on Skeletor was abysmal. There were about a half dozen of them in my local TRU, and every single one of them were bad.

As for the others, I just couldn't bring myself to buy a 2-pack of figures for $30 where I already had one of them.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

I think the problem lies in Mattel's cost-cutting while keeping the higher price. (as if I was buying the figures separately.)

-The DCUC figs, were mostly the VERY SAME FIGURE you could get either individually OR in a DCUC multi-pack... Aquaman and Hal were the ones that got Repaints IIRC.

-The Lack of KEY Accessories to some figures. No Power Sword for He-Man, no Havok Staff for Skeletor... No gun for Luthor, etc.

-The discrepancy in scale... (It would've been so awesome to see some DCU characters in MOTUC style/scale.)

-The AWFUL Retail distribution!

Aside He-Man and Zodac I want to like the 2 packs,but a repaint with less accessories is not enough for me!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Collecting MOTUC is expensive, I'm not willing to pay for figures, which are made less interesting than the regular line with higher costs...

I did like these sets. I will admit though, financially, I glad they are done with. My fear when the line started to gain speed was it was going to get too expensive for me. Not there yet but very close!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Warrior
    It really sucks that transformers, tmnt, and even thundercats can make it to retail but MOTU cannot

I remember seeing the 2-packs at my local TRU on sale for $20. Even then I didn't buy
    any. However, I wasn't interested in the line then, and now I wish I bought a couple!

I spoke to a couple sales people at that store and one gave me the run down that
    "These are TRU exclusives, and are no longer being made -- very rare and you can't
    get them anywhere else!" And another guy who runs the action figures said they will
    probably drop back down again, they are still shelf warmers.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio View Post
    And another guy who runs the action figures said they will
    probably drop back down again
    , they are still shelf warmers.
    This is what I'm waiting for.

Every time I walk into my TRU I see the same Zodac/GL, She-Ra/SG, and Stratos/HM sets just sitting there.... bunches of 'em.

I already picked up the initial four two-packs, but I'm going to wait for the price to drop before I grab Zodac. (I really like this version - with the gloves and boots! )
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I can't believe they are still full price it's almost 2 years later....suck it up and take the loss
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

HAA! i'm still waiting to see the She-Ra and Zodac 2 packs at my TRU. Just got the Merman and Stratos packs.
    Don't hesitate in dealing with Cilman Thread

Are you guys finding Skeletor Vs Luthor pack these days ??? I am looking to buy 7-10 of those for my friends !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Funny enough, I saw the She-Ra/Supergirl pack at a TRU for the first time last week. Problem was, they still wanted like $35 for it and I really don't have the money to get it anyway.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

FYI: TRU still has a large Avatar The Last Airbender figure from the failed movie... That's from a lonnnnng time ago!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Snappy Threader
    Local stores around here just have Mer-Man/Aquaman and that's it. I wanted to nab an extra Zodac pack but I guess I will wait to see if they re-stock.....

Heroic Warrior
    I have seen Zodak /Green Lantern at our TRU.The packaging is in rugh shape. Here are a few much ups I would have liked to have seen:

Man At Arms/Batman-Both are gadgeteers and are very intelligent
    Batgirl/Teela
    Evil Lyn/Poison Ivy
    Beastman/Graud

Just a few off the tope of my head.

I really want the repaint version of Zodac, but my TRU only has the Stratos and Merman packs.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Are you guys finding Skeletor Vs Luthor pack these days ??? I am looking to buy 7-10 of those for my friends !!
    A friend of mine saw some at a TRU in New York a couple of months back, so there should still be some lying around somewhere.

Heroic Warrior
    My local TRU has been sitting on the same 4 Zodac/Hal and 1 Supergirl/She-Ra pack for months now. Ill grab them if they drop below $20 but they are still selling for $29.99.

My TrU has the same problem with Zodac v. GL warming the shelf. It seems like TrU likes to take forever to realize that something isn't going to sell and discount it.

Saw the Zodak and She-Ra packs for the first time today....I really want a Battle Armor Faker pack though. missed out on that one.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Funny enough, I saw the She-Ra/Supergirl pack at a TRU for the first time last week. Problem was, they still wanted like $35 for it and I really don't have the money to get it anyway.
    Yeah, 35 bucks is wayyy to much dough.

The She-Ra / Supergirl pack is the only one I will not end up getting because there wasn't anything unique done to She-Ra was there? All of the other MOTUC figures had custom paint apps or retooled sculpts, but I didn't notice anything new with She-Ra.......
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    My local TRU has been sitting on the same 4 Zodac/Hal and 1 Supergirl/She-Ra pack for months now. Ill grab them if they drop below $20 but they are still selling for $29.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2dbone View Post
    My TrU has the same problem with Zodac v. GL warming the shelf. It seems like TrU likes to take forever to realize that something isn't going to sell and discount it.
    I never saw a single one of either of those in the 6 TRUs within driving distance here! None of them seem to have ever gotten beyond a ton of the Stratos/Hawkman packs. It's not surprising, though. None of my local stores get any of the exclusives.

The TRU I work at as a ton of Merman and Stratos packs. Been waiting for them to hit clearance myself!

I wish they would distribute some of these shelf warmers to TRUs in other countries!! They will sell here!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I only saw Luthor vs Skeletor once at TRU but the package was beat up pretty badly and slightly torn open with missing accessories. I still see some random Stratos/Hawkman, She-Ra/Supergirl, Zodac/Green Lantern, and Mer-Man/Aquaman at different stores but they're always $33. I've never seen He-Man/Superman in person and I'm curious...What's the main difference with this version of He-Man? He seems more blonde to me in the pics I've seen. Is he supposed to be a "Filmation" re-deco?