Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: MOTUC vs DC is DEAD!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    nothing has changed at my local tru store. they still have the same number of skeletor/lex & merman/aquaman. I go down each month to see if they go on clearance. that & I watch for marvel figures & my story fails to sell any of those either. what is with toy sells these day? all if ever left on shelves is the lesser desired figures & many many variants. not cool.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I wish they would distribute some of these shelf warmers to TRUs in other countries!! They will sell here!
    So true. American customers that have these sets readily available in stores around, won't buy them until their prices get dropped to ridiculously low clearance levels (I mean, "waiting for them to drop under $20", seriously? what about they give them away for free?), whereas international customers, who would gladly pay full price (*) for an opportunity at them, have no access. And it's not like there aren't a bunch of Toys R' Us stores around here where some of that overstock could be sent to. As we say it in Spanish: Dios da pan a quien no tiene dientes (God gives bread to those who have no teeth).

(*) Or significantly more, since many companies have this habit of "translating" dollar prices into euros in a "literal" fashion instead of according to the currency exchange rate: $20 → €20 (≃ $25), $100 → €100 (≃ $125), $400 → €400 (≃ $500).
    Last edited by uaxuctum; December 20, 2012 at 11:03am. Reason: Edited out double post.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I wish they would distribute some of these shelf warmers to TRUs in other countries!! They will sell here!
    Damn true, I'd buy the lot!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Yeah, 35 bucks is wayyy to much dough.

The She-Ra / Supergirl pack is the only one I will not end up getting because there wasn't anything unique done to She-Ra was there? All of the other MOTUC figures had custom paint apps or retooled sculpts, but I didn't notice anything new with She-Ra.......
    She-Ra came with a gray colored sword in this pack but that's it
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    nothing has changed at my local tru store. they still have the same number of skeletor/lex & merman/aquaman. I go down each month to see if they go on clearance. that & I watch for marvel figures & my story fails to sell any of those either. what is with toy sells these day? all if ever left on shelves is the lesser desired figures & many many variants. not cool.
    I don't buy my kids toys anymore because they don't clean up the toys they have... I'm not contributing to that mess.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Yea I just first started seeing these at my local TRU's in the late summer, maybe early fall. I picked up the She-Ra pack right then. I had already gotten the Zodac pack at a toy show last spring for $50 which sux but I never thought I'd see these at TRU again

- - - Updated - - -

Like a lot of people have said, I would have loved to seen a Batman pack as well
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I only saw Luthor vs Skeletor once at TRU but the package was beat up pretty badly and slightly torn open with missing accessories. I still see some random Stratos/Hawkman, She-Ra/Supergirl, Zodac/Green Lantern, and Mer-Man/Aquaman at different stores but they're always $33. I've never seen He-Man/Superman in person and I'm curious...What's the main difference with this version of He-Man? He seems more blonde to me in the pics I've seen. Is he supposed to be a "Filmation" re-deco?
    A lot of people consider this version to be the Filmation version of He-Man, but it is most definitely not. It is painted to look like the comic in which he is featured, i.e. bright gold bracers, copper belt, red loincloth, red boots, and a lighter shade of gray on his chest-harness. Also, it should be noted that his left arm bracer is now a cuff like his right one. (This is the buck I used to make my Filmation-painted He-Man figure...)

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeHe-Man View Post
    She-Ra came with a gray colored sword in this pack but that's it
    Nice! Thanks StraightEdge, I can't believe I never noticed this after all those times deciding whether or not to buy her...... now I think I will add her to my collection.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

A lot of people consider this version to be the Filmation version of He-Man, but it is most definitely not. It is painted to look like the comic in which he is featured, i.e. bright gold bracers, copper belt, red loincloth, red boots, and a lighter shade of gray on his chest-harness. Also, it should be noted that his left arm bracer is now a cuff like his right one. (This is the buck I used to make my Filmation-painted He-Man figure...)
    Cool, thanks for the clarification! He sounds kinda neat, it's a shame that his set wasn't the one that was flooded on the shelves like the others. It's crazy how much old stock TRU refuses to put on clearance and makes me wonder if they still have He-Man & Skeletor sets somewhere in their main warehouses.

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Cool, thanks for the clarification! He sounds kinda neat, it's a shame that his set wasn't the one that was flooded on the shelves like the others. It's crazy how much old stock TRU refuses to put on clearance and makes me wonder if they still have He-Man & Skeletor sets somewhere in their main warehouses.
    Do they have bunch of Skele Vs Luthor packs ??
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Just found She-Ra and Zodac sets for the very first time on shelves today. I picked up a Zodac through their website when it first came out, and don't have a need for the She Ra, but it was cool to finally see them out.

I actually prefer the DC Zodac, not as alien like.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, 35 bucks is wayyy to much dough.

The She-Ra / Supergirl pack is the only one I will not end up getting because there wasn't anything unique done to She-Ra was there? All of the other MOTUC figures had custom paint apps or retooled sculpts, but I didn't notice anything new with She-Ra.......
    Both her dress and cape are brighter, gold is darker (bronze), and on average her face is brighter than the original release.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I actually prefer the DC Zodac, not as alien like.
    Me too! That is why I want to add him to my collection...... but he is still really expensive considering I do not need another GL...

Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    Both her dress and cape are brighter, gold is darker (bronze), and on average her face is brighter than the original release.
    Nice! This, along with the gray sword, makes her much more desirable... I think I'm gonna pick her up too, once the price (hopefully) drops.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    Just found She-Ra and Zodac sets for the very first time on shelves today. I picked up a Zodac through their website when it first came out, and don't have a need for the She Ra, but it was cool to finally see them out.
    Thanks for the update. I didn't even know these were still hitting shelves at the local stores.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Our local store still only has Merman and Stratos packs.......and A LOT of them!

My local TRU's only have STratos and Merman as well. It's all I've seen in a long while....never did see he-man, skelly sat awhile, and are finally gone, and have yet to see she-ra