Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC vs DC is DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki Corvinus View Post
    Matty Collector has 30-day money back refund policy.
    I feel that this sort of behavior is an abuse of Mattel's fair return policy. This sort of conduct hurts the company which hurts the buyers later when the return policy becomes more strict and/or prices climb to higher rates.
    Last edited by Havok1891; July 18, 2011 at 07:30pm.

Fwoosh has reviews of the remaining 2 packs up now
    http://thefwoosh.com/2011/07/first-l...se-two-packs-2

Look how sad the DCU side looks

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I love Mos Eisley Cantina BoShek's Avatar
    I think that the price was too high for kids. Let's face it, most of us collectors already had the figures and not a lot of us bought the tru packs, right?
    Please watch my videos!
    http://www.eaglekillerstudios.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoShek View Post
    I think that the price was too high for kids. Let's face it, most of us collectors already had the figures and not a lot of us bought the tru packs, right?
    The 2 packs were for the adult collector.

I think alot of online MOTUC fans brought the two packs for the variants (TRU He-Man had a great painted head, TRU Skeletor's all yellow face, TRU Mer-Man was wanted by most fans as well as the Pre-Filmation crowd, some fans had TRU Stratos' colors back in the day, TRU Zodac has Filmation colors and TRU BA Faker is a good idea) but the online and offline DC Universe fans didn't need to buy anything since they've already had those figures.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    but the online and offline DC Universe fans didn't need to buy anything since they've already had those figures.
    They are also out of scale and they suck for MOTUC collectors, so it's not really a good draw for the MOTU fans towards the DC side of things aka me.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I had to return a case of Optikks to Matty because the darned things wouldn't move.
    Oh dear, Filmation's morals were completely lost on you, weren't they ...

I know people hate resellers
    Really ? I wonder why ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

The 2 packs were for the adult collector.

I think alot of online MOTUC fans brought the two packs for the variants (TRU He-Man had a great painted head, TRU Skeletor's all yellow face, TRU Mer-Man was wanted by most fans as well as the Pre-Filmation crowd, some fans had TRU Stratos' colors back in the day, TRU Zodac has Filmation colors and TRU BA Faker is a good idea) but the online and offline DC Universe fans didn't need to buy anything since they've already had those figures.

Agreed.

Like I said earlier, both figures in these 2 packs needed to be unique to appeal to the fans who only collected one of the 2 lines. MOTU fans got some great redecos but the DCUC fans passed on these cause the figures were just straight re-releases.

I collect both lines and while the MOTUC figures were great, the DCUC figures ended up in my "extras" box.

It sucks that these are done, but I can't say that I'm the least bit shocked. I have only seen Heaps upon heaps of Luthor vs. Skeletor.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

as do most retailers (30-45 days).

i don't understand why people have a problem with this. if you bought something at tru (thus taking it off the shelf where someone else can't buy it), you could return it for any reason w/in 30 or 45 days (whatever their policy is) as long as you didn't open it. they put it back on the shelf.

same thing with matty. they just take longer to put it back on the "shelf".

(and btw, i'm not a reseller or scalper)

ETA: unless he's finagaling free shipping or telling them the figure is broken or something like that. that would be wrong.
    Last edited by EldestSon; July 18, 2011 at 10:44pm.

I would've really liked to have seen gray and blue Batman VS MAA, Teela VS Super Powers colors Wondy. Also, an excuse for Filmation Hordak, red Beast Man...

I hope to actually see some of these through other venues. I know the scale was off, but it doesn't bother me-I liked having certain DC characters in the MOTUC line. Now I'll have that "dirty" cross pollinizing feeling when I round out the DC ranks on my MOTUC shelves with a Flash, Wonder Woman, Robin, and Batman.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Also, an excuse for Filmation Hordak...
    Like I said earlier in the thread when bcrduke suggested that a blue Hordak would have been the final 2011 pack, I'm glad they never got round to doing it. Filmation Hordak looks a lot less like MotUC Hordak than even Hurricane Hordak does and has more potential accessories than it, so why would gold-Hordak get a tooling budget to sculpt a stupid dial on his back (when his armour is ultimately otherwise structurally identical to MotUC-Hordak) while Filmation-Hordak almost got shoved in the no-tooling repaint line?

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Now I'll have that "dirty" cross pollinizing feeling when I round out the DC ranks on my MOTUC shelves with a Flash, Wonder Woman, Robin, and Batman.
    They haven't done a Neal Adams Robin (Tim) have they? (I know they did the crappy red-legged post-IC costume)

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I don't want these to come here anymore. TRU Australia are selling the Green Lantern Hal Jordan vs Sinestro 2pack for $70

The $30us MOTU vs DC 2packs would easily retail here for over $50-$60au. Green Lantern Classics are selling for $30au.

If I can pay $30 to get a small run produced figure that gets sent to my door then why the hell would I want to pay that for a mass produced figure that I have to go pick up for myself?

I will say it again, retail is dead.

The action figure is going the way of the comic book. Technology, especially video games, has made the need to "act out fanatsies" with toys redundant
    I was at T R US in Newcastle on the weekend and saw the Green Lantern Hal Jordan vs Sinestro 2pk that was $70.00, holly dollie, 2 figures and like 6 accessories all for $70.00, with the Aussie dollar the way it is im better buying these off ebay.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I think a smal part was that, outside the He-Man pack,which seemed to do well, there wasn't really a reason for the pairings. The bigger part, though, is a problem that ALL Mattel two-packs have: there's not enough new to warrant buying the two figures. Now, the Vs. packs did better than most of Mattel's offerings in that vein; all but one of the DCUC two-packs they've offered were straight out re-releases. At least most of the Vs. packs had a one figure with something unique, but they really needed something new or different with the DCUC figure to lure in the DC fans. Only Aquaman had any real appeal there, and that only because Mattel did such a shoddy job of distributing him the first time around.

It astonishes me that Hasbro can release six TRU exclusive Marvel Legends two packs featuring numerous new parts (one figure being ALL new parts), and yet the worlds largest toy company consistently cries poor and says they can't afford to do anything but straight re-dos or, at most, minor re-paints for similar DC related packs.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Reboot, just make a Filmation Hordak thread and set the record straight in your first post!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I think a smal part was that, outside the He-Man pack,which seemed to do well, there wasn't really a reason for the pairings.
    I believe the reason they even attempted the two packs at retail stores (TRU in this case) was to rely on popular comic book characters selling the He-Man brand to a new audience. It didn't hurt that MOTU originated in Detective Comics. I do agree they could have thought of better, more famous pairings. Batman and Joker would have sold MOTU product better after the Superman pack.
    Last edited by Loki Corvinus; July 19, 2011 at 05:07pm.

It didn't hurt that MOTU originated in Detective Comics.
    I thought it was DC Comics Presents?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I thought it was DC Comics Presents?
    DC stands for Detective Comics. It's always weird when i see DC comics. It's like saying Detetive Comics' Comics.

DC stands for Detective Comics. It's always weird when i see DC comics. It's like saying Detetive Comics' Comics.
    I guess, but it's been DC a lot longer than it was known for just Detective Comics.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I believe the reason they even attempted the two packs at retail stores (TRU in this case) was to rely on popular comic book characters selling the He-Man brand to a new audience.
    I agree 100%.

No matter how much everybody here loves MOTU, there's no question that the average child or adult is far more familier with DC characters than they are HE-MAN characters.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Reboot, just make a Filmation Hordak thread and set the record straight in your first post!
    There already is one, Mr. Index , and I've tried!, including posting the following breakdown of a potential figure earlier today

If people don't listen to me, it ain't 'cause I haven't pointed it out!
    Last edited by Reboot; July 19, 2011 at 07:03pm.

Heroic Warrior

DC/MOTUC died-I'm happy with that

I'm feeling good about the TRU-line will come to an end.

And it's not about importing this stuff from USA is expensive. If I like something I put some bucks more on it. I do it nearly every month with the regular MOTUC line.

But let's face it:

Mattel made this 2-packs cheaper and cheaper...
    The Mer Man repaint kicked *** and the first two were also good.

But the Zodac and She-Ra 2-packs? Lame, because She-Ra wasn't a repaint and the Zodac variant is pointless now with being able now to tap into the Fimation stuff and being able to make him 100% accurate.

And BA Faker tops all! The idea behind this character is reaaly interesting, but the final figure is lacking some things. Do you put the BA over your regular He-Man or Skeletor? I'm not doing it, because they don't have a fitting lower ab. It looks odd...

If Mattel has done this figure really amazing with a fitting lower ab and repainted braceletts, hair or boots, I would be all for it.

Battleground Evil Lyn is really cool with the second head and weapon, although she has no other new sculpt to her.

Therefore I'm happy to see future variants in the regular line...

The biggest thing that sucks about MOTUC vs DC dying is that now those repaints will be inserted somewhere in the line instead of getting 4 extra figures a year.

The best thing about MOTUC vs DC dying is that there are no more TRU retail shenanighans to deal with. Also of note is that there are no more $40 figures or unwanted DC characters.

I was never interested in this line. I found it sorta useless. The only way it would have worked for me is if they did some retooling to the actual figures. But just repainting them? Lame. You could tell the Four Horsemen aren't involved in that. Otherwise, they'd add something unique to the mix.

Granted, I'm not a DC collector. Just MOTUC. But when I saw Danny's review of the Faker set, I was blown away at how useless that figure was.

Sorry. Just my opinion.

Just give me MOTUC on their own.

Finally I've found that I belong here.

The biggest thing that sucks about MOTUC vs DC dying is that now those repaints will be inserted somewhere in the line instead of getting 4 extra figures a year.
    If they add a ton of accessories to those repaints ,it could be turning in something nice!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

Ditto. Didn't like hunting them down. Happy to see em die sorry for those who dug em
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...