Thread: Catra's hand similar to Barbie hands why the softness?

Catra's hand similar to Barbie hands why the softness?

Catra's hand I don't get the safety issue. Barbies are made by Mattel and their hands are hard. The Catra hand isn't much different then the Barbies. So why the safety concern over the Catra hand?

It should be the same firmness as Barbie's have. Otherwise if Safety is the issue, they might want to start replacing all of the Barbie's hands.

ToyGuru could you explain why Catra's hand is a concern, yet one of the biggest makers for Mattel Barbie has hands similar to Catra's and yet they are harder plastic.

I looked at the shape of the hands on a some different Barbies and also Catra's hand. I am not sure why Safety issues were done on Catra, yet Barbie's don't have this concern, while still having very similar hands.

Also why no concern with Statos, Beastman or Bow's (right hand)?

When I posted this topic on mattycollector's forums, they removed it. Why do you think they would do that?
    Last edited by CicconeSC; July 31, 2011 at 07:34am.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    this is strange. I think it was a mess up at the toy plant and they just made up an excuse myself...either way I don't really care about it because I just pose my figures and leave them but I can see why this annoys a lot of fans.

weird that they would delete the post though.

Yeah, I also just pose mine. The color not being the same is annoying to me...I have OCD lol. I also think they could make the plastic (if that is plastic) a little stiffer. Hopefully BG Evil Lyn's hand is a little more stiff and the hand isn't painted (I would prefer a plastic substance that is molded with the same color as the body is). It will be interesting to see the actual produced piece and if the hand's color is also slightly off.

There's plenty of discussion of this over in the Catra's Hand Thread.

In the future, please try and use the search function before starting a thread. More often than not, there's already discussion on the topic.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!