Thread: Can we hope for a very special MOTUC Year in 2012 ?

Heroic Warrior

Can we hope for a very special MOTUC Year in 2012 ?

I just read an article titled "MATTEL 2nd-QUARTER NET INCOME JUMPS 56 PERCENT".

You can read this article here : http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Mattel...38348.html?x=0

With such positive news for the company in a time of economic crisis, does this mean we can hope for a bigger budget and for bolder initiatives in 2012, a year that also celebrates MOTU's 30th anniversary ?

Personally, I hope they'll go all out and will produce more unique MOTUC figures and, who knows, even a big playset.

What are your thoughts about this ?

P.S. : please notice that Mattel's international sales went up 23%.
    Last edited by Prahvus; July 17, 2011 at 07:19am.

Yes.

It's going to be insane in the best possible way!!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yes.

I can't take this wait any longer. I need MOTUC news now!

Heroic Warrior
    I can't take this wait any longer. I need MOTUC news now!
    I hear ya ! I'll be glad when all the mystery and mindgames will be over !

I guess we'll know more on the 22nd... just in 5 more days.

I'm really curious to know what will be the mix in the reveals, and what are the 5 "huge" announcements.

Also, I'm curious to know what Mattel's great income will allow as far as MOTUC is concerned...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Also, I'm curious to know what Mattel's great income will allow as far as MOTUC is concerned...
    Not a whole hell of a lot. I'm not sure how Mattel operates, but Hasbro at least does the "invest in success" strategy: a given line's budget is determined by its prior performance.
    And "bigger and bolder" are not within Mattel's vocabulary when it comes to action figures.

MOTUC is doing well as a niche product, but I think anyone expecting some grand expansion to the line will be sorely disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Steve View Post
    Not a whole hell of a lot. I'm not sure how Mattel operates, but Hasbro at least does the "invest in success" strategy: a given line's budget is determined by its prior performance.
    And "bigger and bolder" are not within Mattel's vocabulary when it comes to action figures.

MOTUC is doing well as a niche product, but I think anyone expecting some grand expansion to the line will be sorely disappointed.
    Well Mattel's best line is Barbie hands down but I think that Masters is still quite big in their eyes. I agree however that we won't see a HUGE expansion but I think the line might get some more budget. Which is good after thirty years we deserve it!

I may not understand much about running a business, but this has to be good news. Worst case scenerio, MOTUC continues as is.

That's not bad.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yes.

I love seeing you state that.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I love seeing you state that.
    It actually unfortunately reminds me of a line from Drop Dead Fred
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room