Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread July 2011

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread July 2011

Welcome to the Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread for July 2011!

Toyguru's Recent Posts on Mattycollector.com's Forum

Like last year, instead of posting EVERY little thing in it's own post, I'll gather them ALL the relevant MOTUC Ask Matty postings here. Keep checking for updates! The old threads are ancient history and won't be updated anymore. This is the new spot until next month.

As always, I'll put the most recent news up first, while the old news is down the bottom.

Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread I
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread II
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread September 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread October 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread November 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread December 2010
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread January 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread February 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread March 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread April 2011
    Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread May 2011
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Man-At-Arms Loin-Cloth & Boot Colours Were Green Instead Of Brown?

Since the vintage figure had brown colour deco on on his shorts & boots, Why green colour was choosed on the MOTUC figure ?

That is how the Horsemen designed the paint scheme and I believe it was based on the original cross sell art, but I will need to check with them.
    Selling Non-Sub TRU variant MOTUC singles on Matty

Unlike the other Matty toylines, the MOTUC fans have proven that they are both loud AND numerous, so why not sell the TRU MOTUC repaints as optional, non-sub singles on Matty? Most likely, they'll sell out just like everything else MOTUC does.

It is possible this may happen one day. This is why we set up the quarterly repaint slot for MOTUC so we could reissue characters in different looks and decos each year. We did have a lot of ideas for the VS packs, but not every pack had a MOTU figure as the repaint. Some had DCU repaints, others had no repaints at all like the She-Ra/Supergirl pack. None of those ideas made it past a piece of paper so we have not banked any design work or logistics against them.

So unlike say the limbo JLU figures, we don't have these packs sitting around already designed ready to "turn the machines on". Work had not been done so if we executed any of the repaints thought out for this line (on paper for now) it would require a new toy slot and development assigned to it. Development which we do not have at this time.
    Is there hope of selling the final MOTU vs DC 2 paks on Matty?

Couldn't you sell the final MOTUC vs DC 2 paks on Matty since TRU didn't want them?

The "final 2011 pack" was not developed beyond an idea on a piece of paper. So we don't have these figures ready to "Turn the machines on" like we do with the limbo JLU figures that had design work completed. That is why we can't just offer them on Mattycollector.com. The work was never completed, only ideas on paper.
    when do subs start?

if i get a sub in july will my first fig be sent in august or do i still have to get them on sale day until january?

The subs sold starting the day of SDCC start in Jan 2012. The Aug figure is part of the 2011 sub sold last year
    instead of re-issues every month, how about offering the TRU 2 pack MOTUC variants?

Now that the DCU MOTUC 2 packs are going to be discontinued, what would be the next steps to making these MOTUC variants available for us fans? Would they be offered at some point of time on the online store?

Not every pack had a MOTU repaint. Some of the packs had a DCU repaint, some had no repaints (like She-Ra and Supergirl). It is possible that some of our "ideas" for DCU and MOTU repaints may wind up in either respective line, but none of the packs past Faker/Bizzaro made it anywhere close to production. So we don't have design or package work complete on any additional repaints, only our ideas on paper. Which yes, could potentially be offered in either DCUC or MOTUC down the road if the repaints are strong enough to work on their own. Time will tell. We had a lot of ideas for this line between Bill and myself!

Bill and I did have quite a lot of ideas for this line into the far future if it continued, but we don't want to announce any (or reveal what the 6th 2011 pack would have been) specifically because some if the ideas were so good we likely will try to work them in somewhere in some line down the road if the stars align. Just because this repaint VS. assortment isn't going forward does not mean DCU and MOTUC repaints are now off the table forever. Likely somewhere someway we might possible find a way to do more. We know their is plenty of actual demand for this!
    Quick question on possible MOTUC figure?

Hi just wondering if by any chance we could see a Faker/Fakette version of Adora / She-ra as sort of a expanded universe type of thing? "Hordak makes a fake Adora to trick the Great rebellion that she's turned evil again" Thought that it would be a cool concept.

I suppose anything is possible, but with the limited slots we have for MOTUC don't look for anything like this soon, at least not in 2012.
    Man-E-Faces' secret accessory

Can Mattel reveal the secret accessory of Man-E-Faces close to his sale date?
    I ask because if it's a second set of head(s), people like myself, would like to purchase an extra figure.

No. We want (hope) to let fans have the experience of opening the figure and learning what the secret accessory is for the first time!
    Teela Question

I read your answer about Battleground Teela having been improperly issued as a release for that sale but it was originally going to be Teela for that sale and she was not available.

Does that mean we might see a Teela sale in the near future?

Maybe one day. Nothing confirmed right now.
    PowerCon Questions and Hopes

I LOVE that you will be at PowerCon Mattel!

2 things:

1. Will you possibly entertain the thought to reveal something exclusively at the con? Will all of the SDCC reveals be at the con as well?

2. It would be AWESOME if at some point all of the the people attending the con could vote on something like we have done in years past with Panthor's flocking and Swift Wind's color. It makes sense since you have some of the biggest and most diehard collection of MOTU fans in one place.

We are still working on our plans. We will for sure have new figs to reveal, but no plans at this time for any product to be sold. As for a vote, anything is possible but nothing is locked in at this time.
    MOTUC sub

is the quarterly figure variant for $20 (four times a year) now gone? it is not listed in the price breakdown.

The sub will contain 12 monthly at $20.00, 4 quarterly variants at $20.00 each, 4 Beasts/Multipacks (1 at $30.00, 2 at $40.00 and 1 at $60.00). There will also be a subscription only figure covered by the $20.00 sign up fee.

Convention items, special items for 2012 events, potential vehicles, potential weapons paks or other one off items may or may not be added to the 2012 line but non will be part of the sub.
    Why wont the two SDCC Matty panels be in the same auditorium?

I was looking over the programming guide and realized that the Mattypalooza and DC Mattel panels will be in two seperate rooms at SDCC this year. This is a pretty big inconvenience if the rooms are not close to each other and I was just curious why this choice was made.

SDCC makes this assignment. Mattel has zero control over when and where our panels are.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 16, 2011 at 11:55am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by (Matty poster) View Post
    Hi just wondering if by any chance we could see a Faker/Fakette version of Adora / She-ra as sort of a expanded universe type of thing? "Hordak makes a fake Adora to trick the Great rebellion that she's turned evil again" Thought that it would be a cool concept.
    ...why would you need another figure to do that? Logically, if "a fake Adora" is to work, she should look exactly the same as the real Adora unless the Rebellion were all colour-blind. And cogitationally-impaired.

Heroic Warrior
    If they're anything like Eternians who were fooled by Faker then it may not be so far fetched.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Since the vintage figure had brown colour deco on on his shorts & boots, Why green colour was choosed on the MOTUC figure ?
    Wait... what??

HD figures on youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Wait... what??
    Yeah since when? I thought they where always a really dark green?

Geez, questions are getting worse. "if i get a sub in july will my first fig be sent in august or do i still have to get them on sale day until january?"

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Hiya, this was My MEF secret Question-

Hi, I really appreciate the lengths TG & Co are going to ensure that we get a 'secret' accessory with MEF, and am happily playing the game and avoiding any and all possible spoilers.

But will the secret be kept at SDCC? Im truly hoping that it will be hidden at the show and not revealed, And I really do want to be onboard all the Reveals and excitement of the show. without having it spoilt.

Do I hafta avoid all SDCC coverage until August? (please say No! )

ka

Yes, it will not be shown at SDCC to preserve the "secret" for those fans who want to experience the accessory for the first time while opening the toy! Megator's accessory will also not be shown.
    Its great that They are going to maintain the concept by not even showing Megators accessory either! despite the Ebay reveal!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Its great that They are going to maintain the concept by not even showing Megators accessory either! despite the Ebay reveal!
    I can't WAIT until Megator's accessory is officially revealed. I've been DYING to "Ask Matty" a specific question that pertains to it, but I've abstained from doing so to be respectful to those who want to remain "in the dark."

He comes in August, right? I can't handle it much longer!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'm so over Mattel keeping us in the dark! Next time around I hope they just flat-out tell us what the extras are, because there seems to be many folks who want to be informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Geez, questions are getting worse. "if i get a sub in july will my first fig be sent in august or do i still have to get them on sale day until january?"
    That's just a typical first time (or first time to be) subscriber question, nothing new about that. I'm pretty sure, that there will be this kind of questions asked on this and other forums as subscribing times arrives.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

Quote Originally Posted by BCreviews4628 View Post
    Yeah since when? I thought they where always a really dark green?
    WRONG ! Vintage Man-At-Arms figure came with brown colour deco boots & blue belt-brown shorts colour !! Even the 200X same colour scheme.

Technically, classics figure missed the vintage painting deco !

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Technically, classics figure missed the vintage painting deco !
    Actually, the Classics figure DIDN'T miss the vintage paint deco. It actually got it right for once. The paint deco is based on the card back art of the vintage figure, which had the dark green boots.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I can't WAIT until Megator's accessory is officially revealed. I've been DYING to "Ask Matty" a specific question that pertains to it, but I've abstained from doing so to be respectful to those who want to remain "in the dark."

He comes in August, right? I can't handle it much longer!
    You can ask Matty. Just mark your question as a Megator accessory spoiler when you Ask Matty. I'll take the appropriate precautions when reproducing the answer here and blend the answer in white or gray text.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    You can ask Matty. Just mark your question as a Megator accessory spoiler when you Ask Matty. I'll take the appropriate precautions when reproducing the answer here and blend the answer in white or gray text.
    I don't know...I don't think they will answer it right now. I think someone else asked a question that mentioned it and they said they wouldn't comment or something, didn't they? I forget.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Actually, the Classics figure DIDN'T miss the vintage paint deco. It actually got it right for once. The paint deco is based on the card back art of the vintage figure, which had the dark green boots.
    I was talking about the toy ! Yes... card back had it, but style guide has the same brown colours !!

So can they sell the existing 2-packs on Mattycollector.com??
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

my question was the one if they were showing anything new at PowerCon, which they are!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!