Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.62!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.62!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 61 questions!

This round of questions were selected by Drewsky.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

-------------------

1. Drewsky:
    The Four Horsemen first made a He-Man figure that everyone was impressed with at SDCC that helped start the MOTUC line. Then they made a Battle Ram and now we have a vehicle planned for this year. So, what are the chances that the 4H will surprise us again with something they sculpted under their own initiative?

Well that is just something you will just need to ask the Horsemen now isn’t it! Although the vehicle was not a surprise for us. We knew what they were working on. The He-Man proto was however, but that worked out well didn’t it! But a surprise from the Horsemen is just that, a surprise, so we don’t always know!

2. TheFallen:
    Is there any chance to do a Scareglow variant of a glow-in-the-dark skeleton encased in a translucent plastic MOTUC buck?

To execute Scareglow this way would require almost a 100% new tool. We have a very limited tooling budget for the MOTUC line and at this point we’d rather put this much tooling into new figures that need this like Ram Man or the Sorceress (just examples) vs. re-doing a character like Scareglow. But hey, never say never!

3. Toymaker:
    If/when we get to barbarian He-Man (who may or may not be Oo-Larr) would it be possible to get a 2nd Ceril head with him? Ceril was in the DC comics. He may not be well known enough to get a separate release, but he could easily share a body with barbarian He-Man giving fans who want every character a chance to get him.

We suppose anything is possible and Ceril as leader of the Jungle Tribe would be a cool figure, perhaps cool enough to get his very own figure too. You never know!

4. bskcase:
    So far we've had every core figure get a re-release except the original Teela. What's up with that?

Just has not happened yet. We do have some older figures still slotted into our overall production schedule (line time) for re-releases. It is with upcoming figures (starting with Hordak and Leech) that we will no longer be scheduling line time for a second run to save our designated (and limited) line time for first run figures. We still have re-releases scheduled throughout 2012, but all will be of older figures already scheduled for line time and may possibly include Teela. Time will tell!

5. grenadaspice:
    Hey TG, I was wondering when you all get to making NA He-Man & Skeletor, do you plan on calling them simply "He-Man" & "Skeletor" as it was on their packaging or do you plan to add on a fancy moniker/adjective to their name, or perhaps even use the NA initials like "NA He-Man"?

From Toyguru:

“An interesting question. Right now in the bio master doc both figures are called “New Adventures He-Man (or Skeletor)”. Anyone have better ideas? Personally as an homage to the vintage line and a descriptor this feels right to me. (keep in mind this is not an announcement for either figure, EVERY figure that had a vintage toy has had a bio written. All the bios were written together at about the time of Stratos’ release to ensure it did not feel like we were ‘making this up as we went along’!”

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 63!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 54.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 55.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 56.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 57.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 58.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 59.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 60.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 61.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 62 questions!

Sorceress does not need that much new tooling... arms, head, dress, staff... unless the pieces with the wings can slip over standard arms.
    On NA variants of He-Man and Skeletor:
    Galactic Protector He-Man
    Space Mutant Skeletor
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    5. grenadaspice:
    Hey TG, I was wondering when you all get to making NA He-Man & Skeletor, do you plan on calling them simply "He-Man" & "Skeletor" as it was on their packaging or do you plan to add on a fancy moniker/adjective to their name, or perhaps even use the NA initials like "NA He-Man"?

[B]From Toyguru:

“An interesting question. Right now in the bio master doc both figures are called “New Adventures He-Man (or Skeletor)”. Anyone have better ideas? Personally as an homage to the vintage line and a descriptor this feels right to me.
    I was expecting "Space Armour...", but "New Adventures..." has the advantage of being what everyone'll call them anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Sorceress does not need that much new tooling... arms, head, dress, staff... unless the pieces with the wings can slip over standard arms.
    Medium tooling. Really, when they talk about "we'd like to save the tooling for..." at this point, it's just stalling. There's a chance that one out of Ram-Man & Sorceress will show up at SDCC (Sorceress is slightly more likely since she has variants to get to in some reasonable timeframe), but while they mean "we've got someone else earmarked for those $$$", names they mention have no automatic connection with that.

They should mention characters with heavy tooling when stating that they have to spread the budget for characters with Heavy tooling.
    Saving Tooling for X is not the same as spreading the heavy hitters.

That's my real issue... call things like they are instead of sending confusing signals... (Hopefully Sorceress will be shown...)

The 'New Adventures' tag works just fine for me.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    1. so you knew they were sculpting the Battle Ram, but that's not the vehicle we're getting?

2. Why would Sorceress need a bunch of extra tooling? (unless you're talking about a 200X Sorceress) Why can't she be made with the already existing female buck (either of them really) with just a new outfit to slip over it? Really you could get away with not even sculpting a new head -just use the Teela head, the one meant for the cobra armor, and place a new headdress over it. Teela and Sorceress logically should look alike.

3. I have never heard of this guy and would rather not give up a slot to him

4. yeah you really need to re-release Teela and Tri-Klops already

5. Galactic Guardian/protector He-Man and... uh.... I got nothing for Skeletor sorry.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Space Mutant Skeletor
    This is actually pretty good. Galactic Protector He-Man goes right along with....wait for it.....The Galactic Protectors. Ditto with Space Mutant Skeletor.

On NA variants of He-Man and Skeletor:
    Space Mutant Skeletor
    I like Galactic Protector He-Man. I'd suggest Space Mutant Leader Skeletor since Skeletor wasn't actually a mutant(at least I don't think he was considered one). Although depending on if you go by the mini-comic or the NA toon, he wasn't the leader of the Mutants either.

I do feel "New Adventures" should definitely be featured somewhere on the packaging like the bio or the tagline.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; July 17, 2011 at 09:50pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Skeletor is affiliated with the mutants... So it almost fits... and it's an easy solution... Denebrian Armor Skeletor, Cyborg Skeletor were my other choices.

Skeletor is affiliated with the mutants... So it almost fits...
    You're right. Space Mutant Leader is almost too much of a mouthful anyway. Plus, it would make Flogg seem less important. Ignore my last post.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

3. Toymaker:
    If/when we get to barbarian He-Man (who may or may not be Oo-Larr) would it be possible to get a 2nd Ceril head with him? Ceril was in the DC comics. He may not be well known enough to get a separate release, but he could easily share a body with barbarian He-Man giving fans who want every character a chance to get him.

We suppose anything is possible and Ceril as leader of the Jungle Tribe would be a cool figure, perhaps cool enough to get his very own figure too. You never know!

Hmmmmm..... Seems to be hinting that Ceril will get his own figure...

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Who's Ceril??? I've never heard of him.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    Hmmmmm..... Seems to be hinting that Ceril will get his own figure...
    Well, He could be a quarterly Variant on Oo-Lar, that would be cool!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    4. bskcase:
    So far we've had every core figure get a re-release except the original Teela. What's up with that?

Just has not happened yet. We do have some older figures still slotted into our overall production schedule (line time) for re-releases. It is with upcoming figures (starting with Hordak and Leech) that we will no longer be scheduling line time for a second run to save our designated (and limited) line time for first run figures. We still have re-releases scheduled throughout 2012, but all will be of older figures already scheduled for line time and may possibly include Teela. Time will tell!

Ok, I'm trying to understand this. Does this mean that they had be slotting in 2nd runs for later down the line, but now that they are taking a wait and see approach and only reissuing people who "need" it. IE: Guys that sell out in like hours, and not guys that sell out in weeks?

Or...are they saying that everyone past Hurricane Hordak and Leech will not be getting a reissue at all...period?

The whole thing is kinda vague.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Of the suggestions listed in this thread, I like "New Adventures" best.
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisto's Left Hand View Post
    Ok, I'm trying to understand this. Does this mean that they had be slotting in 2nd runs for later down the line, but now that they are taking a wait and see approach and only reissuing people who "need" it. IE: Guys that sell out in like hours, and not guys that sell out in weeks?

Or...are they saying that everyone past Hurricane Hordak and Leech will not be getting a reissue at all...period?

The whole thing is kinda vague.
    Somewhere in-between - it means that they have no intention of doing any reissues that aren't already in the pipeline (not counting customer service leftovers), but that they reserve the right to change their mind and start reissuing again in future, I suppose.

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Somewhere in-between - it means that they have no intention of doing any reissues that aren't already in the pipeline (not counting customer service leftovers), but that they reserve the right to change their mind and start reissuing again in future, I suppose.
    My biggest problem with this is that I'm afraid it'll add panic back into the buying experience. That had been slowly going away and it was becoming a lot less stressful to buy this line. Statements like this just amp it back up again and I think that might make it harder for all of us (or at least us without subs. Which this whole thing might just be a way to increase sales of the sub, which might have fallen off or they were afraid would fall off) to buy this line, and let resellers on ebay have a field day like they did early on in this line.
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

I was hoping that NA He-Man might be called "Cosmic Warrior He-Man"

He's basically going off to do what He-Ro tried to do... and he's full of the same power.

Skeletor is more tricky... I'm hoping they combine Laser Power Skeletor and NA Skeletor (2 heads, 2 staves).

Maybe something like "Warlord Skeletor," or "Cosmic Skeletor."

"Cosmic Destroyer Skeletor?"
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I always assumed The Sorceress would use Teela parts from the waist down. I would like it if she did get unique boots, though. Maybe smooth like Adora's boots to imitate the vintage figure, but with a white feather trim. And now that I think about it, the Sorceress will probably use Teela's facesculpt too, since they went with the clone angle.

And what's this about the re-releases "possibly" including Teela? Zodak got a reissue already, he's a B-lister at best, and he originally took way longer to sell out, so shouldn't Teela be a no-brainer?
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I think it's to scare people into buying subs...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Was not expecting that answer about Ceril! Gotta love comic characters though! Maybe he can come with the three talasmins the heroic warriors are searching for in that series?
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    4. bskcase:

Heya, just hoping for a small clarification here please. Before, I was worried about missing Monday's sale and not getting a Man-E-Faces due to Matty no longer doing second runs. Now, am I right in thinking that he will get a reissue, in fact being the last regular release to do so?

I think that's right, just wanna be sure so's I can relax about Monday, lol.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

i don't know about that, a post from TG said that from queen marlena on there won't be any more 2nd round rereleases of new figures, he said that at the start of august (which is well after the 'hordak and leech' comment). but it isn't crystal clear which is correct, but the TG comment was the most up to date.

I still believe they are making the bios up as they go along...
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    i don't know about that, a post from TG said that from queen marlena on there won't be any more 2nd round rereleases of new figures, he said that at the start of august (which is well after the 'hordak and leech' comment). but it isn't crystal clear which is correct, but the TG comment was the most up to date.
    Thanks Ealo! I knew he had offered that info too, but as you said, I'm just not sure which answer they'll go with in the end, sheesh, lol. I mean, seeing as MEF is a MAJOR main Master, you'd think he'd be guaranteed a reissue, but as always, you never know with Matty and MOTUC.

Or (if I'm being optimistic instead, ha ha) maybe this is it for this version of MEF, and later I'll get my true vintage-colors Manny?
    Last edited by KalesDad; August 14, 2011 at 01:36pm.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!