Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official 200X Evil-Lyn Thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

The Official 200X Evil-Lyn Thread

The one 200X variant that even most hardcore vintage fans like Count Marzo have a hard time turning away:

The awesomeness of 200X Evil-Lyn!

Toyguru has said on two occasions that 200X Evil-Lyn wouldn't be a 200X colored repaint. I think this bares reiterating since people keep thinking that Evil-Lyn would be a TRU variant styled repaint.
    200X Evil-Lyn wouldn't be a repaint
    200X Evil-Lyn to have "quite a few new tools"

200X Evil-Lyn is the most wanted of the 200X versions of characters, probably because it was such a great update to a classic character, not to mention that the MYP of that character had such a major role in that cartoon. The original Evil-Lyn is a yellow Teela. Because of the parts re-use and "Simpson's yellow" skin, that version of Evil-Lyn was heavily criticized when she first appeared.

Could we see her on Friday as a Quarterly figure since her pappy has come out? Who would want THIS version of Pandor--er, Evil-Lyn? I'll bet a 200X Lyn bio would have more story to tell. Maybe she frees something else...
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 18, 2011 at 11:49am.

I'd love it if she was the 4th quarter variant for 2011. I'm not a big fan of vintage colored Evil-Lyn.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'd get her for sure.

I like the original much more, but this version would still be more than welcome in my collection.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

There isn't an A-list variant I want more than 200X Lyn right now. Hope to see her at SDCC.

I fully expect this at one point; I don't even consider her a question. Especially since I'm pretty sure it was said that they would be making her at one point...can't remember where or when.

Either way, out of all of the 200X versions, this one is most important to me because of just how great of a change it was for Evil-Lyn. Still glad to have the classic one, but the classic version is gona be someone else when this version is released.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePanthor View Post
    There isn't an A-list variant I want more than 200X Lyn right now. Hope to see her at SDCC.
    You said it. I love the Filmation Evil-Lyn and Sorceress, but their 200X counterparts were so awesome too. 200X Evil-Lyn is at the top of my variant list!

I completely want a 200X Evil Lynn, i never liked the classic yellow color on the modern figure is my least favorite in the line.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

As much as I like 200X Evil-Lyn, and would have preferred her, I already have a MOTUC Evil-Lyn now and my tolerance for variants is getting lower and lower.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Yes, please. Lyn is the only classics figure so far that I refuse to display. 200x lyn is definitive for me.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

MOTUC Evil Lyn is the most creatively bankrupt figure in the entire line in my opinion. She's also the absolute cheapest (excluding Faker, but that's his gimmick).

This line basically boils down to taking the same figure, giving them a new head, armor, and calling it a day. And I'm mostly fine with that. I love this line. That's all Webstor, Scareglow, Zodac, Skeletor, Beatman, Stratos, Whiplash, and Buzz-Off are essentially.

But Evil Lyn didn't even get that. They just took Teela and put an Evil Lyn head on her body and called it a day. She didn't even get the dignity of her receiving her own wardrobe. It's pathetic. That's what bothers me. It's not the color scheme, even though purple and black are my preference since it means she will match her father and Skeletor.

Yes, I know that's how she was in the vintage line. It's not the 80s anymore, and yellow Teela cost me $30 dollars with shipping and taxes. That's not a variant I wanted to pay that kind of money for.

I do find it funny that the yellow Teela figure Mattel is calling Evil Lyn is still arguably the best female figure in the line from a QC perspective. The rest of the females suffer from bad materials, restricted or limited articulation, or some issue or another.

200x Evil Lyn was in my top five most desired figures, and now since Whiplash is out and Leech is coming, Evil Lyn is now my most desired figure. We keep being told we're going to get 200x variants, but we've yet to see the first one. I'll believe it when I see it. My collection still doesn't have a legitimate Evil Lyn figure. Just some...yellow thing standing in her place.

I want 200x Evil Lyn so I can finally put yellow Teela where she belongs, at the bottom of the toybin.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Yes please!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The original Evil-Lyn is a yellow Teela. Because of the parts re-use and "Simpson's yellow" skin, that version of Evil-Lyn was heavily criticized when she first appeared.
    Classic Lyn wasn't heavily criticized, especially not for her classic look or skin tone. She was criticized by some for not looking more like the cardback. Very minor things like the open hand and smaller leaves that would have had unique tooling.

The final product was beautiful, and made me question if I wanted another Evil-Lyn. But, I still might! She's one of a very few 200x era designs/characters left that I might be interested in. And if/when they make her, I hope she looks like the staction...I love the evil smirk.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Reposting this here, then:

And the previous MYP-Lyn thread for Mr MotUC Index
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=181752

And two "200X-Lyn in DCUC/MotUC" threads, despite "more than just a repaint":
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=192021
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=199417
    Last edited by Reboot; July 18, 2011 at 12:41pm.

I want a figure of Evil Lyn in Zalesian clothing. (better than using the 200X moniker that is yucky and evil for Mattel or something...)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I VERY much want this version of Evil-Lyn! I will buy two!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I'd love to have a white Evil Lynn. I was so pleased with the 200X one being more like the Lynn I knew and loved from Filmation. Would be nice to see her outfit matching the Faceless ones too.
    Yellow Evil Lynn just doesn't feel like Evil Lynn to me. I still feel I don't have an Evil Lynn in my collection. She seems more like a different character with the yellow skin.
    Last edited by Rodster6; July 18, 2011 at 03:46pm.

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Would I buy it if it were released: Yes, definitely.
    Would I campaign to see it released soon? To be quite honest... probably not. Many "first time to the line" characters (Ram Man, Fisto, Jitsu, etc.) that I'd far rather see the light of day first.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The one 200X variant that even most hardcore vintage fans like Count Marzo have a hard time turning away:
    Yeah...you caught me.

Evil-Lyn was one of the characters that MYP absolutely nailed during the 200x era. Even the voice was near perfect to what I remember and would want her to sound like. Plus she played a major role, as she should. After all she does free and release EVERYTHING, ALWAYS, EVERY TIME!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I would buy this figure for sure. I never cared for the yellow skin on the original and since the MOTUC staff didn't glow, it was an easy pass. If we get a decent 200x Evil-Lyn, she can come and live with my other Eternians.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

Definately want this version of Evil-Lyn! The version we have is nice...but I'd like one with a normal skin color!

Heroic Warrior
    When I think about a 200x-inspired Evil Lyn, I see it as a big carrot that Mattel keeps dangling in front of the fans' nose.

Honestly, I don't know if we'll ever see her released. It may be possible, but I think there are many other 200x characters that are more interesting to release first: Evilseed, Callix, Prahvus, the 3 giants etc.

I still hope she'll be released. But one Evil-Lyn (the vintage one) has already been sold, so I'm not too sure when we'll see 200x Evil Lyn, especially when we take into account the mistrust/disgust 200x seems to inspire to the Mattel moguls...

By nightwing

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I hope they never go that route SCB, She needs new tooling.
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

Widget
    Yes yes yes yes and yes! I want the figure , I would buy a few of her.
    I would like a Cape and extra head but I will take a re-paint if the current one.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I have to admit: 200X Evil-Lyn isn't just my most wanted MOTUC variant, she's one of my most wanted MOTUCs, period. She is a definite must have for me, the sooner the better. I would even go as far as to say I'd welcome her being released before the Sorceress, because I can't imagine them not making the Sorceress come what may, but 200X Evil-Lyn could always end up among the casualties if something were to happen to the line.
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/