Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 055 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 055 Discussion!

Episode 055 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

Over the course of the show the crew touches on topics such as
    Netflix,
    licensing profit,
    weird dreams,
    mailer envelopes,
    keeping mailer boxes and cardbacks,
    stactions,
    Zombie Megator,
    movie talk,
    He-Man's face
    and more!

MOTUC bios discussed in this show:
    (non)

MOTUC figures discussed in this show:
    (none)

Intro/Outro info:
    (none)

Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Georg Schwitters also know as THE_RAW on the forums. George is a freelance fine art and commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.myspace.com/georgschwitters

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 39 minutes, 13 seconds

Direct link for Episode 055

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    OMG... hang on, I need to catch my breath.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    OMG... hang on, I need to catch my breath.
    Yeah. Maybe you should, I dunno, spaced them out rather than stockpiling five (more?) episodes to post in a three-day span?!

This is AWESOME!!!
    It's like a Roast Gooble Thanksgiving!!! YUM!
    When you do things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Yeah. Maybe you should, I dunno, spaced them out rather than stockpiling five (more?) episodes to post in a three-day span?!
    I think he wants to get them all up before we head to SDCC so that we are caught up, and that way each new episode we record, such as what we record while in San Diego, will be relavent.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Correcto'mondo! Just getting caught up. Delays due to crazy workloads and the Libsyn quota being filled put me behind for a few months. Sorry 'bout that.

But hey, each person should listen to them at their own pace! MP3s are cool like that.

All this Goobly Goodness has me all excited for the SDCC episode! Downloading now!
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Heroic Warrior
    Perfect timing... I just finished listening to episode 54 about an hour ago!

There really should be a spoiler warning for this episode, just in case anyone still wants to keep Megator's bonus item a suprise.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Hey Eamon, the line is "For every destination is but a doorway to another."
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Thanks for the shoutout, Dan I'm still sorry for the broken ponytail. I propably should have secured it better.

Val, unfortunately I don't have another Jitsu , but I still have quite a few of the other stactions, so if you are looking for someone in particular just let me know, if I still have that one I'm sure I can hook you up with a similar deal ;-)
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

I totally agree with Eamon on Heath Ledger. He would have made a fine Prince Adam too.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by TuShan View Post
    Val, unfortunately I don't have another Jitsu , but I still have quite a few of the other stactions, so if you are looking for someone in particular just let me know, if I still have that one I'm sure I can hook you up with a similar deal ;-)
    I was just goofing around. Thank you for the offer, though!

Eamon I also kept only the art bits and threw the cross sell section.
    Also my brothers and I dont have He-Man's, Trap Jaw's or Tri-Klop's card back cos I think my folks threw it away. Ugh!

But yeah we kept all the vehicle boxes and cards we got too.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    There really should be a spoiler warning for this episode, just in case anyone still wants to keep Megator's bonus item a suprise.
    Agreed. Totally shocked that it was discussed (and Scott's comment from RGD 54). I already knew the secret, but other RGD fans may have wanted to be suprised next month.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Anyone know which images of He-Man they're looking at? I'm curious about Emiliano's drawing, but I can tell I agree more with Val. He-Man should haven't just a little boyishness, probably because I will always see him as a character with which I identified as a child. Anyway, I found the William George version I think, but not the others.

You know back around the MOTU Vs SnakeMen time I had this really weird dream that the SnakeMen invaded my home town.

I agree it would just be amazing it we could get the 200x stactions along side the MOTUC figures.

Personally I really don't care for the Zombie Megator head and would have preferred his secret accessory to be a weapon. But theirs a lot of people seem to like it so I'm glad for them.

I really like that 200x Battle Armor Marlena and hope we get a MOTU figure of it. Here is Eamon's comic cover he did of her in it that you guys talked about, I really like the Spelean sword Randor has in it and I've only just notice that Marlena's sword is the 87 movie power sword!! Now that is cool and I now really want that sword in MOTUC, in fact it should come with Battle Armor Marlena.

And this I believe is the UK comic poster Eamon is Talking about, it from #15 of the UK MOTU Adventure Magazine:

Last edited by 13977; July 20, 2011 at 09:12am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Correcto'mondo! Just getting caught up. Delays due to crazy workloads and the Libsyn quota being filled put me behind for a few months. Sorry 'bout that.

But hey, each person should listen to them at their own pace! MP3s are cool like that.
    just started this episode today!! ... ...

i'm determined to make it through them all before friday! ... my job doesn't agree with me though! been a looong week! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

Hopefully in a movie, He-man won't get the Optimus Prime treatment. 'Give me your face, you die now!'

I kept the first few white boxes but they took up to much room and I never used them as I keep all my figures out on display so I threw them away and the bubble too. Just keep the cardbacks in one white mailer.

I actually prefered the envelope over the shipping boxes. The figures got to me in the UK alot quicker and as I throw away all the packaging anyway I don't care if it gets dented as long as it protects the figures. That's what it's for.
    I think they should give the option of paying more to have the figures shipped in a box and less to have them shipped in an envelope.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I've been on a Gooble cram session the past few days......

The Val vs Eamon "He-Man Face" battle was one of the greatest things I've listened to...

I keep my white mailers too, and I'm running out of room, I may get rid of them soon... Also I have all of my 200X cardbacks as well as any and all cards form every toyline from my "adult" collecting era (like 92 to today) ..... this causes the wifey MUCH consternation. She often wants to kill me.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for posting the pics 13977

Man Im stuck listening to these things. Ive listened to to all 55 of these & I get wrapped up on almost all the convo's.

I have all my figures inside the white mailers still, stacked up inside box's just stacked up against one of the corners in my room. One day I assume I'll take them out & dump the white mailers but who knows

I really want to see all four of you wrestling in your underwear.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks gents and muh-dam

I was trying to avoid knowing what megators secret acessory was and got spoiled. I thought you guys and lady was just going to talk about how it was showing up on the internet and NOT say what it was so I kept litening. Yes. I know I'm partially to blame.

Is it possible to get a spoiler alert?

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Anyone know which images of He-Man they're looking at? I'm curious about Emiliano's drawing
    you mean the new one for the limited dvd ?

"A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Except for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Anyone know which images of He-Man they're looking at? I'm curious about Emiliano's drawing, but I can tell I agree more with Val. He-Man should haven't just a little boyishness, probably because I will always see him as a character with which I identified as a child. Anyway, I found the William George version I think, but not the others.
    I linked to most of them, except for the Earl Norem MVC cover. It'd be especially cool if we could get someone to add that pic (and not the pic I linked to) of Emiliano's stand-up somewhere on the site.

EPISODE 055
    Runtime: 1 hour, 39 minutes, 13 seconds
    There are no Collectibles, Fan Sites, nor Fan Arts of the Week for this episode.

Your hosts: Val Staples A.K.A. JVS3; Danielle Gelehrter, A.K.A. Penny Dreadful;
"Pixel Dan" Eardley; and Eamon O'Donoghue.

Items of Note:

Last edited by josh; August 6, 2011 at 10:03pm.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley