Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 056 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 056 Discussion!

Episode 056 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Karla Marsh are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

Over the course of the show the crew touches on topics such as
    Dan's elbow,
    DCUC Bizarro VS MOTUC Faker,
    Pixel Dan's Power & Honor video series,
    the Power & Honor Foundation,
    He-Man.org T-Shirts,
    Power-Con / ThunderCon
    and more!

MOTUC bios discussed in this show:
    Hurricane Hordak
    Leech

MOTUC figures discussed in this show:
    (none)

Intro/Outro info:
    (none)

Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Georg Schwitters also know as THE_RAW on the forums. George is a freelance fine art and commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.myspace.com/georgschwitters

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 41 minutes, 42 seconds

Direct link for Episode 056

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Seriously?

Bravo, good sir. You deserve a nap after powering through all of these edits.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Dude, we go from Gooble Famine...to Gooble Gluttony! AHHHH Overload!

I dunno how I'm going to properly reply to all of these. They are all blending into a marathon in my mind.

Edit: First ever double girly episode! Nice.
    Last edited by Count Marzo; July 18, 2011 at 07:28pm.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Holy *****! Val I love the abundance of RGD, you're awesome, thank you

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Danielle AND Karla!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Dude, we go from Gooble Famine...to Gooble Gluttony! AHHHH Overload!
    Ignore this man! Keep them coming!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

anyone elses itunes sub not getting anything past 54?

This is nuts. I can't keep up with all these. I love it!!! Thanks guys and gal!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Can't wait for the shirts. I would love one that says, "What do you think, Emiliano?"

Here're a few ideas:

* Do we have the rights?
    * Does Marlena know...?
    * Needs a second head!
    * Axe-Grabbin' Savage vs. Spell-Slingin' Fairy
    * Miniternia
    * What's with all the cloning???
    * Good Journey (or Bon Camino)

and of course...
    * In my canon...
    Last edited by Jon-O; July 19, 2011 at 01:59am.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    Can't wait for the shirts. I would love one that says, "What do you think, Emiliano?"
    SEE!! That's TWO for the Emiliano shirt!!
    I want mine in time for Power-Con! Get to work Val!
    When you do things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

I'm a devout Vac Metal supporter, so now you're five members strong!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

- vac metal He-Ro - for this for a Battle Armor He-Ro, but not a He-Ro 2.0

- Leech mindwipe - I see Leech as being innately evil/savage/beastly and that Hordak only mindwiped him to obey his commands.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Hey, Pickles Dan! If Spencer Powers needs any helpful tips on being a d-bag, let me know. I got that routine down pat!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

There shouldn't be grammatical errors in these bios. Irritates me, too.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    I did it!! Heard 5 episodes at work today!!!...2 more to go tomorrow!!
    Hey Val, is character fan-art excluded for the T-shirt designs??

Quote Originally Posted by keldor18 View Post
    Hey Val, is character fan-art excluded for the T-shirt designs??
    It can't be of actual copyrighted/trademarked characters from the MOTU/POP brands unless it's clearly some sort of parody item.
    Not sure if that's what you meant, but, there you go just in case it is.

I agree with Val regarding the bios and not remembering the details of the past ones. There's too many bits of info that you would only know if you are truly keen on the bios. I feel the same way in that I don't remember all the details because I tend to just read them and basically ignore them. And I know you were trying to be nice by saying it's nothing against the bios, but it is because it is a legitimate criticism. Still, if that's their only form of 'media', hard to criticize them too much for that.

I also like the idea of the shirts coming back. I really liked the old symbol ones but missed out on them. Hopefully those will come back in due time!
    My name is Pan . . . and I am the Man.

Eamon, the characters in Bayformers are as much the cartoon characters as He-Man and Skeletor matched their Filmation counterparts in the 1987 movie (not at all). Bay Prime isn't G1 Prime. Bay Prime kills Decepticons (movies). G1 Prime lets them escape and wreak havoc another day (cartoons).

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Eamon, the characters in Bayformers are as much the cartoon characters as He-Man and Skeletor matched their Filmation counterparts in the 1987 movie (not at all). Bay Prime isn't G1 Prime. Bay Prime kills Decepticons (movies). G1 Prime lets them escape and wreak havoc another day (cartoons).
    To me that's just an excuse for Optimus Prime's out of character behaviour in the movies. He's supposed to be a noble heroic being, not a cold blooded killer. I just don't like to see a character who's motto is "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" acting so viciously. Bay had him and the rest of the Autobots slicing the Decepticons faces off and ripping their spines out. It was more like Mortal Kombat than Transformers.

I have to say I'm not fussed about Battle Armor Faker either. I'm just glad its not one of the Quarterly Variants included with the sub or I'd be stuck with it.

I think the bio's for Hurricane Hordak and Leech are pretty good.

In the Leech bio I'm pretty sure the lead witch is Shadow Weaver and when/if we get Shadow Weaver's bio it will refer to her as the lead witch to clarify this. I'm also sure with a bit of creative tweeking they could still use the Shadow Weaver/Light spinner back story. Something like, in seeking greater powers Light Spinner used her cauldron to make contact with Hordak, despite warnings from her friend Castaspella not to take short cuts to power. Impressed with her growing powers Hordak used his own magic to bring her to Preternia from Pretheria, where under his dark teachings she became Shadow Weaver, his lead witch. Then when King Grayskull sends the horde army to Despondos, this is when she betrays the Council and helps the Horde take over Pretheria.

The Hurricane Hordak takes a lot from what was planned for the MYP season 3 and I'm glad they are using that. When you guys say you not sure what his battle shield is in the line "Hordak casts of his battle shield and advances on Skeletor whirling his thunderball mace". Is the battle shield not the attachment he is casting off, and then putting on his thunderball mace as shown in his card art?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    To me that's just an excuse for Optimus Prime's out of character behaviour in the movies. He's supposed to be a noble heroic being, not a cold blooded killer. I just don't like to see a character who's motto is "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" acting so viciously. Bay had him and the rest of the Autobots slicing the Decepticons faces off and ripping their spines out. It was more like Mortal Kombat than Transformers.
    It's only out of behavior if it was G1 Prime. That Prime is the Prime from the cartoons. Bay Prime is a different character. Bayformer Autobots don't capture Decepticons, they destroy them. Bay Decepticons execute Autobots. There's no prison here. Bay Bumblebee certainly isn't G1 Bumblebee who was the smallest, weakest Autobot who couldn't fight, Bay Sideswipe isn't the rash, Rocket pack wearing G1 character either. If Bay Starscream ever tried half of the stuff that G1 Starscream regularly does, he would be killed.

Those were new characters. Don't let Peter Cullen voicing Prime fool you. That was much the Prime you remember as Jean Claude Van Damme was Guile in Street Fighter.

So it's Optimus Prime in name only? Even though the movieverse is a seperate continuity it's still supposed to be about the Heroic Autobots, who shouldn't be stooping to the same violent tactics as the Evil Deceptions, as they're better than that. It's ok to have Megatron ripping his enemies apart with his bare hands, as he's the villain, but Optimus is meant to be a hero you can respect and admire. He's a soldier, not a cold blooded killer.

I can safely say that I don't want Michael Bay and Don Murphy anywhere near the MOTU franchise.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    And that's why I boycott bad movies such as the Transformers trilogy. Also why I'm super paranoid of how a possible MOTU movie will turn out. We all know by now that the movie industry doesn't produce movies for the fans of the actual properties that they are based on but rather the mindless masses of casual movie-goers for an easy cash in. See: Bayformers.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    And that's why I boycott bad movies such as the Transformers trilogy. Also why I'm super paranoid of how a possible MOTU movie will turn out. We all know by now that the movie industry doesn't produce movies for the fans of the actual properties that they are based on but rather the mindless masses of casual movie-goers for an easy cash in. See: Bayformers.
    totally agree - excellent comment ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I have to say I'm not fussed about Battle Armor Faker either. I'm just glad its not one of the Quarterly Variants included with the sub or I'd be stuck with it.

I think the bio's for Hurricane Hordak and Leech are pretty good.

In the Leech bio I'm pretty sure the lead witch is Shadow Weaver and when/if we get Shadow Weaver's bio it will refer to her as the lead witch to clarify this. I'm also sure with a bit of creative tweeking they could still use the Shadow Weaver/Light spinner back story. Something like, in seeking greater powers Light Spinner used her cauldron to make contact with Hordak, despite warnings from her friend Castaspella not to take short cuts to power. Impressed with her growing powers Hordak used his own magic to bring her to Preternia from Pretheria, where under his dark teachings she became Shadow Weaver, his lead witch. Then when King Grayskull sends the horde army to Despondos, this is when she betrays the Council and helps the Horde take over Pretheria.

The Hurricane Hordak takes a lot from what was planned for the MYP season 3 and I'm glad they are using that. When you guys say you not sure what his battle shield is in the line "Hordak casts of his battle shield and advances on Skeletor whirling his thunderball mace". Is the battle shield not the attachment he is casting off, and then putting on his thunderball mace as shown in his card art?http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ak-11_full.jpg
    The bottom-left inset picture actually calls it out as the "4 pronged battle shield"

**EDIT**

Finished the episode, exciting info about Power-Con!

Again Quick thoughts:

Dan- Get well soon brudah!
    Danielle's Bizarro/Faker bit was literally laugh out loud funny.
    "Killin Teh Lien" -T-Shirt is a must!!
    Hurricane Hordak is one of my all time faves so I loved the discussuion....
    the Power & Honor Foundation is one of the cooler things that has happened to our fandom.

Karla was excellent but I missed "Right, Right"

Thanks again guys!
    Last edited by 80's Enthusiast; July 20, 2011 at 07:08pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    So it's Optimus Prime in name only? Even though the movieverse is a seperate continuity it's still supposed to be about the Heroic Autobots, who shouldn't be stooping to the same violent tactics as the Evil Deceptions, as they're better than that. It's ok to have Megatron ripping his enemies apart with his bare hands, as he's the villain, but Optimus is meant to be a hero you can respect and admire. He's a soldier, not a cold blooded killer.

I can safely say that I don't want Michael Bay and Don Murphy anywhere near the MOTU franchise.
    It's another take on Optimus Prime, like how Animated Prime was a rookie version or how G1 Prime was the John Wayne-esque character. This isn't the cartoon universe where the heroes let the villains escape or have some code against killing enemies, despite the franchise being about a war. The Autobots are heroic in the movies, saving human lives from Decepticon rampages and invasions. A big difference is that there is massive destruction after a Transformer fight and Bay Optimus stops Decepticons for good. That wasn't the first time we've had alternate versions of Transformers and it won't be the last time.

One is a cartoon, one is a movie.

MOTU might come across the same problem, especially if all of these warriors carry all of these ancient weapons, but no one gets killed or hurt.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 20, 2011 at 10:29pm.