Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the limits of their powers?

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!

What are the limits of their powers?

Question: How powerful each characters are in your canon if they ever come to Earth (or not).

Let's start with:

Mer-Man! The Evil Ocean Warlord!

Will he be really able to take over the oceans?
    Can he go head to head with the US Navy with his own army of underwater seamonsters, like cryptids that will be under his powers!?
    Maybe just even regular known creatures, just oversized!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GrtEternal; August 13, 2011 at 03:12am.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I like this idea he could cause all kinds of problems if he could control all the creatures of the seas giant squids, sharks, whales, barracudas, and so on!

I think Namor will kick him all over the oceans of Earth....Just saying! LOL!

Mer Man seems to be like a regular guy, with not that much of streght. About controling the different sea creatures, he has some stiff competition with the ruler of Atlantis...
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Heroic Warrior
    When I used to play, Merman was one of the most deadly of enemies...

He could control Godzilla.... THERE was a battle of the ages!!!

Until Aquaman and him had a mental battle for control...

Ahh the good old days!

I'll preface this by saying I'm more of a fan of the mini-comics/DC comics where Eternia is a dangerous post-apocalyptic world and these are the most dangerous of enemies in that deadly world.

Mer-Man is the King of his domain by might. His strength is sufficient that he could take on He-man and win in a brawl, his telepathic powers are such that most creatures bend to his will, even a few above ground creatures. His sword controls the oceans themselves; able to cause giant waves and summon forth streams of water from it's tip, even on dry land.

His weaknesses are his adherance to the old ways and that he's superstitious. He does not work for Skeletor, instead doing his own thing. When Skeletor's will crosses Mer-man's domain, Mer-man folds due to Skeletors exploitation of the aforementioned weaknesses.

On Earth, without another Superhero such as Namor or Aquaman, he could easily conquer the Earth with his command of the waves themselves and the marine life found therein.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; April 26, 2011 at 04:53am.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

In my cannon, he's every bit Aquaman, but evil.

Wun-Dar waved his loaf of bread and some tartar sauce at Mer-Man, who promptly dropped his sword and ran.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Wun-Dar waved his loaf of bread and some tartar sauce at Mer-Man, who promptly dropped his sword and ran.

I could see Merman as an ocean terrorist, causing havok but not really trying to take over.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

my problem with these questions is always the "Real world" like the world we live in or "Real World" like any fictional earth?

I'll say fictional Earth "Real World".

Since he's a bad guy, I'd wager he wouldnt controll the oceans, but that he'd become one of the top contenders for Main Water villain. I'd say perhaps he could control cryptids and "bad" beasts, but in general his alienness would keep him from having a really strong control of our oceans creatures.

Incedentally I go with the idea that Eternian races, even "human" ones like Adam, are larger and more dense than earth Humans. Like Superman on earth, only I like the idea where they are also larger and "built". Of course this goes against Marlena being human, which is a cool story, though I hate species of different races breeding, since that should be biologically impossible.

BUt for the sake of it, I'll say all eternians are innately stronger and bigger than any earthling as a rule.

So merman would be a huge threat, in the one on one arena, and in a fictional Atlantis or some such a top contender, but in the world theatre, he'd be just another mad major vilian. Frankly much as his position on Eternia in most of my ideas of cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Ah but later he returned with Clawful and they both were unable to defeat Oo-Larr with secret weapon, Drawn Butter

Oh my! These are all great ideas.

Well, except for that tartar and butter thingie, but to each his own.

In my canon too as well, Eternians are bigger in built and quite superhuman compare to us regular Earth beings.

Also, I often imagined Mer-man, if he ever happened to come here on Earth, he will be able to control both the sea and lake monsters, cryptids (what and what not), well except for whales, seals, dolphins, manatees, belugas and walruses. Since technically, they're mammals.

Hey, he can even command River Monsters! Imagine an army of piranhas going after ya!
    Or those white catfishes that devour people and animals from the inside!

Now, for the next warrior:

Beast Man - Evil Henchman or maybe Master of Evil Beasts!

You think Beast Man will be able to conquer a country on his own with he's armies of savage animals and even cryptids such as sasquatches, devil monkies, skunk apes, death worms, etc.?

- Clarke's Third Law

In my cannon, Beast Man can't control intelligent creatures such as Battle Cat who is extremely self aware or Gy-Gor, but he can control more primal creatures like Shadow Beasts or dinosaurs.

If CAesar could do it in Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, Beastman should do it even quicker

I unfortunately go by mostly cartoon canon, but 200x series fleshed that out a bit more for me, so I hybrid the two, Merman and Beastman are bunglers in my opinion in my canon. As is Trap-Jaw, Tri-clops is a bit smarter and an inventor, and Evil-Lynn is bad-A$$.

I'll preface this by saying I'm more of a fan of the mini-comics/DC comics where Eternia is a dangerous post-apocalyptic world and these are the most dangerous of enemies in that deadly world.

Quote Originally Posted by DC's To Tempt The Gods
    These are the Beastmen, ferocious creatures of the Eternian lowlands who are neither, in truth, man or beast-- rather a hellish mating of both things-- beings which relish death and battle as their gods-- gods they worship with a passion!
    I see them as being almost exactly like the Reaver's from the series Firefly. "If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skins into their clothing - and if we're very very lucky, they'll do it in that order." These are primal creatures that travel in packs and are a danger to every living thing around them. However they are more then just beasts, they are also people like in that they think, talk, and utilize weapons and tools, making them all the more dangerous.

Their hyper-aggression and primal ways make them impossible to work with others and even difficult for them to even align with other clans of Beastmen. That combined with the fact that they're not ones to produce genius material or complex strategies keep them from being the worst Eternia has to offer.

A lone one, even their leader isn't that much of a threat to our world. It would be worse then a rogue elephant, but not as bad as a Predator. Eventually a lone member would be taken down, probably before he even killed 30 people.

I am not very familiar with Firefly though I've seen a few clips of the series here and there, but the idea of the whole primality and savagery, I've heard of. It's the basic instinct of survival multiply by millions or so. It's an interesting concept, I might add.

So it seems, in any of our canons, both warriors can be and will be quite formidable if left on thier own here on Earth. Maybe a force to reckon with and not taken lightly.

Now comes:

Webstor - Evil Master of Escape!

You see, in my canon. Webstor is a cross between Spider-Man and a skilled ninja. Not only he's a professional thief but also an assassin. He can run on walls and scale them like a marathoner running on a field with ease. He's graceful as a circus high-wire acrobat and as deadly as any poisonous arachnid. He can get in and out of any highly secured building without anyone the wiser. How is he in your canon?

- Clarke's Third Law

Webstor is a bit of an odd duck.

He is a Strategist with some of the Chessmaster mixed in. His forte is in advising and planning, not executing. As such he isn't a warrior like the others, instead he's more the brains. Given enough time, he can come up with a plan that will allow him to accomplish any task with whatever resources are on hand. He is also gifted with Eidetic memeory (AKA Photographic memory), a natural GPS, and some other minor skills (Such as a paralyzing venom) that make him a useful member of any force.

While he's not a pushover in a fight, he is no warrior and certainly no brawler. His obsessive race hatred of the Snakemen is also a detriment. His silence and his tendency to skulk about the halls (usually on the ceilings) while in thought make him unpopular with the other warriors in Skeletors service.

On Earth by himself, it would be bad for the Earthlings. With the right contacts and properly exploiting them, he could end up running the world without most people having a clue how it happened, or even that it happened.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; April 26, 2011 at 04:57am.

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I don't see Webstor as being "powerful" necessarily. He's sneaky and clever, and able to amble around where other people probably couldn't. And I guess I'll give him proportional spider-strength, along with probably some sort of poison bite should it come to that.

He was never a big contender in my childhood battles, so I'll go with useful, but not SO useful in comparison to Beastman, Merman, Evil Lyn, Trapjaw, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Incedentally I go with the idea that Eternian races, even "human" ones like Adam, are larger and more dense than earth Humans. Like Superman on earth, only I like the idea where they are also larger and "built". Of course this goes against Marlena being human, which is a cool story, though I hate species of different races breeding, since that should be biologically impossible.

BUt for the sake of it, I'll say all eternians are innately stronger and bigger than any earthling as a rule.
    I'm definitely on board with this. Especially the part about Marlena.

Regarding Mer-Man, I'm definitely of the mindset that he's basically Eternia's evil Aquaman.

Regarding Beast Man, I don't see him conquering a country, but definitely taking control of an expansive jungle habitat or amazon area.

For Webstor, I can see him as this unstoppable urban legend.

I see all of the MOTU characters as being extremely physically dense; He-Man and She-Ra (perhaps Beast Man and Grizzlor, and probably all of the Snake Men) could shrug off bullets with ease, and other characters would be only slightly damaged by gun fire.
    200X Power Sword, 200X Toon, 200X Continuity.... Yeah, it's all about 200X!!

Interesting....

Webstor as a corporate lackey!? Someone who can easily rise up the corporate ladder and do hostile takeovers and such. Kind off like paving a way for his master Skeletor or even for his own greed. Combined with his abilities to sneak around and get in and out of tight, improbable spaces. Getting rid of competiton or forming alliances just to suit his own needs. Webstor is starting to sound like an 80's money-making genius with an evil side dish.

I like it!

Now, what about:

Tri-Klops - Evil & Sees Everything or Evil Master Computer Genius & Robotics Expert!

In my canon, he's a genius level inventor, computers just "speak" to him and he is quite fluent with it. He's also a mechanical and robotic expert. That, plus his expert swordmanship skills, he's a force to reckon with. A Master Tracker as well. How's he doing with your canon?

- Clarke's Third Law

Very much The Terror of Tri-Klops.

On permanent retainer to Skeletor, he's a tremendous warrior, highly skilled in bladeplay and battle strategies. Powerful and skilled enough to KO or even kill most foes he faces in combat with ease (Demons, Battlecat, etc.). He knows how to exploit his extra visions to his advantage and with his panaramic abilities he is nearly impossible to surprise in combat. He also has a few magic spells at his disposal, though he is no mage by any stretch of the imagination.

Tri-Klops is Skeletors champion and personal enforcer. However he is not without weakness, while his skills in combat are almost without peer, he possesses an ego to match. This can make him overconfident against a lesser foe and if he looses, he may sulk for days before becoming obsessive about righting such a "heinous wrong". His position of Skeletors champion is one that is envied by many, as such he has many rivals, which makes him wary of his own allies at times, even when he shouldn't.

If we're still doing the Earth thing, then that's really tough to say. Tri-Klops doesn't hunger for power the way others do. He thirsts for opponents to beat in combat more then anything else. There wouldn't be any challenge on Earth for him, so he'd just return home.

Beast man. Similar to Merman as I posted above, but less successful as a conquourer. But a terrific third would nation boogey man. Maybe not a leader, but the enforcer who allows that nation to become the top threat. All the smaller nations would fear what this maniac brought, and eventually that nation would lead the world in third world threat. still a second stringer.

Unless he ruled a nice little fifedome in the jungles somewhere away from real powercenters, but a force of his own in the black market and undgergournd smuggling, ect.

Webstor Not an assasin exactly, but specifically industrial espionage. A top agent, or more likely a free agent. Toppler of governments and expensive go to guy for information gathering and spieing.

Triclops Now this guy is the free agent assasin. This guy travels the byways of the world, living in whatever seedy dumps or small bars that will hide him, while he collects his targets and his payment. I see him as zen assasin mixed with sociopath with no real interests in this world beyond killing and geting by under the radar.

short posts but I missed them when they were fresh. Keeping it short may be better anyway.

All great ideas that makes each character thier own man.

I see the point of Beast Man not a nation conqueror but merely a terrorizer of towns and villages. Like a highwayman of sorts. But there's still that potential if push comes to shove.

I can actually see that about Webstor. A strategist and a corporate spy.

Tri-Klops even with all his skills and know-hows, might indeed get bored here on Earth. Sad to say but he might actually decide to go home.

Now here's one of the oddest of odd, I think:

Scare Glow - Evil Ghost Who Serves Skeletor and maybe even Himself!

Scare Glow being a ghost reminds me of Ghost Whisperer and the Medium series. Where a ghost has the power of manipulation and possesion. Maybe telekinesis as per poltergiest. Can Scare Glow be this powerful in your canon as well?

I like to think of him, that he'll be able to possess regular humans with weak wills. Not so much on Eternian warriors who are trained both physically and mentally to resist. He can walk through walls and float in the air like any run of the day spooks but he can also solidify if he wants to really smack someone. He can turn invisible if he needs be like Gentleman Ghost. But his true power is the Sudden Fear. Where he can freeze any opponent for a few seconds when he first come into play!

- Clarke's Third Law

My Scare Glow is a pretty major departure from the mainstream. Up until now I've been answering with a minimal amount of personal story canon (or at least tried!) and avoided going on about my dark and complex Eternia.

Scare Glow is a Skeletor Proxy in some ways. He can fill in for Skeletor as necessary when Skeletor is otherwise engaged (or when Skeletor feels appearing himself would result in being bored,) and can fool people into thinking that he is the real Skeletor. He possesses about 90% of the mystic abilities of the real Skeletor unaltered by any other power or item/artifact. He's also Skeletors perverse executioner when Skeletor has a need for it, as his glowing ability can kill any mortal exposed to the glow for too long, as they suffer aneurysms, heart attacks, and the likes just by being exposed to the full might of Scare Glows titular glow (No one has ever lived past 40 seconds exposure); a less intense burst or shorter duration can drive normal creatures mad. As a ghost, he can pass through most solid objects and become immaterial at will. Furthermore, Scare Glow has been entrusted with the Havoc Staff, which further increases his mystic abilities.

Scare Glow is a loyal and trusted ally of Skeletor, exempt from the chain of command and privy to knowing Skeletor's inner thoughts and workings and one of the few who provides Skeletor with unbiased council. His exact relationship with Skeletor is a complete mystery to others, which leads to rampant speculation. While most people know almost nothing of Skeletors past, even less is known about Scare Glow, leading to a variety of rumors. Everything from a soul who made a deal to escape the finality of death, to a fellow escaped demon, a twisted version of Skeletor from a parallel dimension, to a future version of Skeletor returned to alter the past- there are even those who believe he doesn't exist and is merely a story!

He is no warrior, but between his considerable mystic might and his spectral powers, he doesn't need to be; that's about the closest you come to a real weakness.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; April 30, 2011 at 06:21am.