Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 058 Discussion (SDCC Preview/Teaser w/ Scott Neitlich))

Listening now…getting really excited for this week!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

OK. I'm super psyched now!!! If Shadow Weaver is shown I think I'll definitely attend Power Con so I can see her in person there!!! I don't see her being the sub only figure though. I hope not because I want at least two or three, and I'm only able to afford one subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Regarding the changes to MOTUC because of the DC vc MOTU exclusives: Why did they have to plan to move TWO Classics figures to the beginning of 2012 in order to release ONE repaint later that year?
    I think he just meant that two figures switched places with each other. The figure that was originally scheduled for release later next year is the one they wanted to repaint.

My guess: Ram Man.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Regarding the changes to MOTUC because of the DC vc MOTU exclusives: Why did they have to plan to move TWO Classics figures to the beginning of 2012 in order to release ONE repaint later that year?
    They swapped two figures - for instance, if January was going to be Glimmer and April standard (red/green) Ram-Man, they moved the latter to January and the former to April so they could do a cardback-coloured DCUC/MotUC Ram-Man in December since April->December was considered too close together for a repaint.

[NB: I have no idea what the actual figures/dates are or would have been, those are just examples! ]

Okay…did Scott allude to the $60 item in the subscription possibly being one of MANY pieces????
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Wow Scott dropped some bombs in this episode. That was great.

Throw tomatoes at me all you want, but I could care less about the line being inundated with concept drawing figures. Gygor is cool, as is Vikor, but not something I want too frequently. Maybe one a year. We have more concepts than NA characters. Something is wrong there.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    If it's a multi part item and it's $60 and TG isn't trolling us that totally screams Castle Grayskull or another iconic playset- notice he never said all the pieces will be at the same time, he only said one of many pieces. Plus a certain naysayer on here would have to eat crow so it would be hilarious.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Okay…did Scott allude to the $60 item in the subscription possibly being one of MANY pieces????
    No, he said it could be huge OR may HAVE many pieces "one of the two" (45:08-45:16) - i.e., it could be a high-piece count single item, in the same way the SDCC $25 items have been "high piece count" items relative to a standard figure (army builder×3?), rather than a single piece of a larger item.
    Last edited by Reboot; July 19, 2011 at 05:44pm. Reason: Adding time, more context

Heroic Warrior
    I listened to the Gooble for the first time. Well done, guys! It's a fun show.

I have a couple of thoughts. First, it sounds like TG doesn't consider the end of MOTUC vs. DCU to be a failure. It sounds like that line more than exceeded expectations. Which is nice. Like I said in the thread dedicated to that line's demise, I'm glad I don't have to buy DCU figures anymore.

Second, I'm actually excited for the announcements at SDCC. I've been a little bit ho hum about MOTUC lately. But it sounds like Scott is really excited about what's to come. It's cool to hear someone who loves his job talking about his job.

I have some thoughts about the announcements. But I'll mostly keep them to myself. For some reason it feels like lots of things that have been said to be off the table in the past, like eventually getting some form of Castle Grayskull in this line, seem to be back on the table. I guess we'll see.

Just wanted to say thanks to Val and the crew for all the episodes over the past few days. I have really enjoyed them.

I do wonder if Hot-wheels is one of the announcements however? Not that four other ones would not be plentiful, even if it was.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Man, it really sucks that Mattel can't do some of the concept characters from Tomart's, like the witch, mummy etc., unless they have the documents in their possession. Hopefully the Power and Honor Foundation has something on those characters.
    Tell me about it! I was thinking if there wasn't going to be any Filmation Figures from Mattel - then maybe there was at least the chance that we'd get the concept "Mattel" characters sooner. Obviously not - always so complicated!!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    OMG! These announcements sounds like they're gonna be amazing! *expectations rising even higher*
    Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I have a gut feeling that the Club Eternia Exclusive for 2012 is Shadow Weaver. I could see that happening with all the people who claimed that they were going to drop their subs this year. Toyguru said fans were going to be pleased with the announcements, so that probably all but confirms the Filmation Rights as an announcement.

If it isn't Shadow Weaver and we don't have the Filmation Rights, it could be Eldor or the Sorceress.
    I think you're WAY off on this one. I can't say who I think it is, because Toyguru's comments pretty much confirm it and I don't want to bring the wrath of Mattel or fans that had the surprise spoiled. I'll let you know if I was right though. He did give a crazy, crazy big hint about who HE will be though, but it might not be obvious at all. I bet Clawful could figure it out though...

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Sounds like Modulok and Multi-Bot

Toyguru's comments summary (not direct quotes):

- 5 announcements are all about the toyline, planned it for 2-3 years knowing the 30th anniversary would be 2012.
    - What Mattel thinks is 1 announcement, some fans think are 3!
    - There will be a MOTU-related signing directly after the panel related to 1 of the 5 announcements!
    - MOTU giveaway item related to events at the show.
    - Mentioned Sorceress being on display for three years and a reason for showing her!
    - MOTUC and Classic Media are not necessarily related to each other, but it made sense to put their booths next to each other!
    - Toyguru quickly said: there's a lot of things in flux, we are getting rights to different things...
    - Bring your cameras. There's lots of stuff in the booths that are not toys...err...display things. Things you can't ever have at your house but you'll want to take a photo of (like the Castle Grayskull).
    *5 announcements are all basically things in the line: characters, extensions for the 30th, commemorative things: game changers. We WILL meet people's expectations!
    - TG doesn't think some of the bigger announcements have been guessed or talked about too much!
    - Classic Media will be there @ Mattypalooza fan panel
    - TG: It's important to cheer and show how much you love and want MOTUC stuff! People there need to decide what to do with the property (Darkspecter thoughts: hint at Classic Media wanting to do a new cartoon, perhaps?)
    - 1st MOTUC vehicle for sale in Oct.
    - The BACK of MOTUC packaging has a 30th Anniversary logo, not the front for you MOC collectors!

So, all you MOC collectors don't have to fear, Matty has you covered!

Also, I much prefer this "shorter" show format! Much easier to set aside time to listen to.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; July 19, 2011 at 06:39pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Also, I much prefer this "shorter" show format! Much easier to set aside time to listen to.
    Thks for the summary of TGs teases.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Thanks, Darkspecter for posting the summary. All of these hints just make me even more excited! I can't wait until Friday!

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    "There will be a MOTU-related signing directly after the panel related to 1 of the 5 announcements!"

THis is going to be Dolph Lundgren Right, Letting us know that they have the rights to make movie figures and the Movie He-man will be the first one. Then he will hang around to do some Signings. Am I off Base? I hope I am right...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Thks for the summary of TGs teases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    Thanks, Darkspecter for posting the summary. All of these hints just make me even more excited! I can't wait until Friday!
    No problem guys! Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Detective Lubic View Post
    "There will be a MOTU-related signing directly after the panel related to 1 of the 5 announcements!"

THis is going to be Dolph Lundgren Right, Letting us know that they have the rights to make movie figures and the Movie He-man will be the first one. Then he will hang around to do some Signings. Am I off Base? I hope I am right...
    I thought of him second, after another guy. If it's the first guy though...I'm not sure what fans would have him sign, but MANY would be excited to meet him! If it's him, I will be very shocked and want to see pictures!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think you're WAY off on this one. I can't say who I think it is, because Toyguru's comments pretty much confirm it and I don't want to bring the wrath of Mattel or fans that had the surprise spoiled. I'll let you know if I was right though. He did give a crazy, crazy big hint about who HE will be though, but it might not be obvious at all. I bet Clawful could figure it out though...
    You better hope I'm off base!

Keeping the sub alive is a pretty good reason to make Shadow Weaver the 2012 Club Eternia exclusive, gets Shadow Weaver to fans in the fastest time possible without wasting a slot or holding anyone back and it gives fans an extra "one time only" figure in March 2012.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; July 19, 2011 at 07:49pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Keeping the sub alive is a pretty good reason to make Shadow Weaver the 2012 Club Eternia exclusive, gets Shadow Weaver to fans the fastest and it gives fans an extra "one time only" figure in March 2012.
    That could also have a negative effect on the MOTUC subs. If some fans who don't know for sure if they'll have enough money for the sub in 2012 or if they don't like the idea of Mattel "forcing" them to get a sub in order to get a "needed" character, they might drop the entire line in anger. Sure, a lot of people say they are through with the line if "this character doesn't look this way" or "if that era is excluded" and never actually leave, but I'm sure there are some who are true to their word. That could really hurt MOTUC in the longrun.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    No problem guys! Happy to help.

I thought of him second, after another guy. If it's the first guy though...I'm not sure what fans would have him sign, but MANY would be excited to meet him! If it's him, I will be very shocked and want to see pictures!
    I was thinking more about it when I just Went out for some Captain America Ice Cream Yum!! I think it might also be Frank Langella and that Maybe the club exlusive will be the Movie Verison Skeletor...Maybe even Mr. Langella will announce it. Since it is the 30th the Movie has to be involved in some way and Personally, If we could only have one set of rights I would take Movie rights over Filmation any day..But that is just my opinion..

Personally I reckon the individual doing the signing will be John Erwin, or Lou Scheimer
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Toyguru's comments summary (not direct quotes):

- 5 announcements are all about the toyline, planned it for 2-3 years knowing the 30th anniversary would be 2012.
    - What Mattel thinks is 1 announcement, some fans think are 3!
    - There will be a MOTU-related signing directly after the panel related to 1 of the 5 announcements!
    - MOTU giveaway item related to events at the show.
    - Mentioned Sorceress being on display for three years and a reason for showing her!
    - MOTUC and Classic Media are not necessarily related to each other, but it made sense to put their booths next to each other!
    - Toyguru quickly said: there's a lot of things in flux, we are getting rights to different things...
    - Bring your cameras. There's lots of stuff in the booths that are not toys...err...display things. Things you can't ever have at your house but you'll want to take a photo of (like the Castle Grayskull).
    *5 announcements are all basically things in the line: characters, extensions for the 30th, commemorative things: game changers. We WILL meet people's expectations!
    - TG doesn't think some of the bigger announcements have been guessed or talked about too much!
    - Classic Media will be there @ Mattypalooza fan panel
    - TG: It's important to cheer and show how much you love and want MOTUC stuff! People there need to decide what to do with the property (Darkspecter thoughts: hint at Classic Media wanting to do a new cartoon, perhaps?)
    - 1st MOTUC vehicle for sale in Oct.
    - The BACK of MOTUC packaging has a 30th Anniversary logo, not the front for you MOC collectors!

So, all you MOC collectors don't have to fear, Matty has you covered!

This is helpful, and I listened to the episode!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Masters Of The Universe Fails At Retail Again?!?

Ugh. I knew people would blow this out of proportion...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Masters Of The Universe Fails At Retail Again?!?

Ugh. I knew people would blow this out of proportion...
    The thing is, Toyguru explained in this Roast Gooble episode that the 2-Packs were never meant to go beyond the first two sets, however, they sold AMAZINGLY well and so TRU wanted to continue the 2-packs as an actual line. The 2-Packs went further than expected.

Perhaps someone should send them a link to the RG episode so they can do a retraction.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    As awesome as everything beforehand is gonna be, I'm DYING to find out what he's got cookin up at the very tail end of Mattypalooza®.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!