Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    I like them because they force us to examine things that we would rather ignore and cause us to re-asses our commitment to our attitudes and values.
    I think in some ways that's why I don't like them. I have a tendancy to want to believe that everyone has some good in them and I try to appreciate everyone's values and thoughts based on my idea that we're all doing the best we can. But seeing something like this type of movie reminds me that there are people who, in my opinion, don't deserve life. It brings out my ugly side that wants to rid these types of people from the world. I tend to try and stay away from negativity as much as possible so I guess that's why I stay away from these types of movies.

Back on topic: I watched IP man on netflix- a typical kung-fu type movie. I enjoyed it enough that I'll watch parts 2 and 3 eventually.

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark (2011)
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Savage Streets
    Last House on the left (Original)
    Roger Corman's Fantastic Four
    Roger Corman's Black Scorpion 1 and 2
    Black Scorpion the series

All great
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Roger Corman!!! Yes!!!!

My all time favorite is Death Race 2000.

Heroic Warrior
    Chinese Boxer 4.5/6 (classic Wang Yu martial arts , Lo Lieh as baddie)

Secret Rivals 4/6 (about 2 men who compete for the same woman , Wang Jang Lee in one of his 1st roles)

Colors 3/6 (stale 80s cop drama about L.A gang violence......meh , auto pilot acting , amateurish music)
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

attack of the 50 foot woman. so bad. so good.

Watch X-men Origins: Wolverine last night on FX just to see the Deadpool ending.

Was neat but short. Thought there was going to be extra material

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The H-Man (1958)
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Apollo 18

Fright Night (2011)

JOIN THE GROUP...

Fright Night ('85)
    I've never seen this all the way through and it was great. I totally see the hype. I wanted to see it before I saw the remake, and I can't wait for that.

Red State
    Saw this last night. Holy crap! While I love his comedies, this must be his best film, from a technical standpoint. I'd even say there could be an Oscar in there somewhere, at the least a nomination for Michael Parks for Best Actor. I thought it was going to be more a TCM/2000 Maniacs type of movie, with the teens as the main characters, but when I realized it was more an action thriller about Cult vs. ATF, it got even better. John Goodman was also amazing.
    "I won Dungeons and Dragons! And it was advanced!!" -Pierce Hawthorne-

OF UNKNOWN ORIGIN... 83 Peter Weller http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086036/
    I thought this was surprisingly awesome!!!

DEATH GAME.... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075921/
    picked this up at the local salvation army... not a bad find...

and SCREAM TIME..http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086263/ .meh..not that great
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    I'm a little behind so the last movie I watched was Green Lantern: Emerald Knights.

Drive

I had no clue what this was about, no help from the trailers. It's about a Hollywood stunt driver who also moonlights as a get away driver for criminals. He starts to get involved with his neighbor and her child, til one day the husband really needs help. The driver decides to get his hands dirty and now has a small time mob boss after him.

After Rise of The Planet of The Apes and Warrior, I now have another favorite movie. This movie is incredible. It's a very artsy action movie like A History Of Violence, maybe a highly refined Running Scared. The plot is nothing new, not even close. It's the way the story is filmed and the soundtrack which shapes the way you see the film. As corny as it sounds, a great deal of enjoyment comes from how the movie makes you feel.

Gosling is the driver and most of it is through his POV. He hardly says anything, even when he should, but the tone of the scenes and his silence tells you everything that needs to be said. The rest of the cast is great with Carrie Mulligan, Bryan Cranston, Christina Hendricks, Ron Pearlman, and Albert Brooks.

When there is violence, it comes in gigantic bloody exclamation points you won't forget. Most of the movie is extremely calm, so the moments of violence become really memorable.

I don't think everyone will get this movie due to it's very artsy direction. It's a style you'll either love right away or get annoyed with, but this has to be seen on the big screen to get the full effect, such as with Sin City. The sounds and visuals make it or break it.

See it.

STRAW DOGS
    A smoking hot half naked Alexander Skarsgard did not save this movie. There was such a detachment between the characters (even the couple that was supposed to be in love seemed more like bickering roommates), and not one character interested me. Its basically 2 hours of mentally disturbed hicks with guns that love their God and don't like outsiders in their widdle hometown. Boring. Terrible. Do not pay to see this movie.

MACHETE
    Typical Robert Rodriguez fare. Lots of big time celebs getting lots of face time, and blurting out cheesy one liners before firing guns. Lindsay Lohan was basically playing the story of her life. If you liked Planet Terror, you'll love this over the top shoot n hack fest. I give it 2 tattooed thumbs up.

FRIGHT NIGHT ('85)
    I've never seen this all the way through either and I finally sat down to watch it. It was great. I don't suspect the remake will do it any justice because this was an awesome 80s vampire movie. it is on par with The Lost Boys, and just talking about it makes me want to watch it again, or add it to my Halloween movies night queue, along with Hocus Pocus and Trick R Treat. If you are a fan of 80s movies, or horror movies, and you (for some reason) missed this little gem, do yourself a favor and watch it.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; September 19, 2011 at 03:39pm.

Unknown with Liam Neeson. I'd say it was decent. Kinda neat plot but another actor could have probably pull the character of more smoothly.

Dinner for Schmucks- much more movie than I originally thought. Enjoyed it a lot. My type of humor.

Faster with the Rock. Overall pretty decent film. I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    Fright Night ('85)
    I've never seen this all the way through and it was great. I totally see the hype. I wanted to see it before I saw the remake, and I can't wait for that.
    I really enjoyed the new Fright Night. While I think the original one is better, the latest one is one of the few remakes I liked(The Fly & Dawn Of The Dead are others).

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    Red State
    Saw this last night. Holy crap! While I love his comedies, this must be his best film, from a technical standpoint. I'd even say there could be an Oscar in there somewhere, at the least a nomination for Michael Parks for Best Actor. I thought it was going to be more a TCM/2000 Maniacs type of movie, with the teens as the main characters, but when I realized it was more an action thriller about Cult vs. ATF, it got even better. John Goodman was also amazing.
    I really want to see this. I heard it's been on On Demand, but I want to wait for it to hit theaters. I hear it's going to hit sometime in October for one of those "one night only" airings at the same time all across the country.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Theater: The Warrior

DVD: Barbie: Princess Charm School

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Shark Night 3D

I kinda have an OCD in that I'll see almost any horror movie that hits the theaters. With that being said, I wasn't expecting to like Shark Night. It turned out to be a whole lot of fun.

JOIN THE GROUP...

the great escape. what a long movie! but still a good one. when i started watching, my dad was in the room and he was giving me some info on things that weren't explained in the movie. too bad he had to leave about 30 minutes in. this is the first time i watched an anamorphic movie on a widescreen tv. the picture irked the hell out of me. i like having the captions on, but when i adjusted the video to fit the screen correctly, anything on the second line would get cut off.

citizen kane. i always kinda knew what it was about, but there were plenty of things i didn't know before i watched it. it was really cool how there's a newsreel of kane's life at the beginning, but once you hear people in his life tell their stories you realize just how incomplete the newsreel actually was. even though i knew what rosebud was the entire time, the end was still surprising.

He-Man.org Administrator TheShadow's Avatar
    The last movie I saw was the Lion King in 3D.

I haven't seen the Lion King since its first VHS release. I have to say, not as good as I remembered. The 3D added nothing, but the entire movie just wasn't as compelling as I recalled. Aladdin is still top dog!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I Love You Philip Morris. I went into this movie knowing nothing but the fact that Jim Carrey was in it. This is a movie about a man-turned gay leaves an unbelievable life and romance with Ewan McGregor.. including trying to break out of prison. The movie is based on a true story.. and was pretty damn incredible. Def worth a watch.. It’s streaming on Netflix.

Your Highness. This is the Danny McBride, James Franco midevil comedy. Pretty slapstick. I had a few chuckles. Clearly not gonna win any Oscars, but fun times, in my opinion.

The Wizard I love this movie, cuz I'm blinded by nostaglia! I dunno, i love me a movie that gives me screenshots of NES's TMNT, SM3, Contra, and the powerglove, no matter how bad it is.
    Last edited by CarKrash; September 20, 2011 at 01:21pm.

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    I Love You Philip Morris. I went into this movie knowing nothing but the fact that Jim Carrey was in it. This is a movie about a man-turned gay leaves an unbelievable life and romance with Ewan McGregor.. including trying to break out of prison. The movie is based on a true story.. and was pretty damn incredible. Def worth a watch.. It’s streaming on Netflix.
    I saw that movie during its brief run at the theaters. Even though I read an article on the true story behind the movie(that's what made me want to see the film in the first place), I couldn't believe it was real.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Master of New Adventures!
    RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES. As I said in the official thread, it's one of the best films I've seen since SHERLOCK HOLMES.

Btw, I'm incredibly irritated with myself for having missed COWBOYS & ALIENS as I'm a major steampunk fan. Yeah, I'll catch it on DVD and yeah I've got a ridiculously large flat screen, but it's nothing like watching it in the theater; especially in this case as the scope seems made for the big screen. Dang!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Super Troopers...a couple of laughs but overall pretty mediocre.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Scott Pilgrim vs The World... man how could a film with such cool fights be so incredibly boring with some of the worst acting I have ever seen? I have no idea but this film managed it.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery