Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I started some Halloween viewing

Paul with Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and anyone who's been in comedy flick in the last couple years, (Seth Rogan was the alien, the other cop from super bad, Jason Bateman, the chick from Bridesmaids) I enjoyed it. Two nerds go to SDCC then a tour of American UFO sights, which ends up them getting themselves a Seth Rogan alien to tote around, and you know.. the chase with the MIB begins. I enjoyed it, but I don't think these guys will ever be able to top Shaun of the Dead.

Trick R Treat I actually really enjoyed this one. It reminded me of Creepshow, because it told several stories with comic book interludes, but what was different is all the stories took place at the same time in the same town. I’d give this one a watch

Madness. This was your random slasher B list movie on Netflix Instant. I believe this was a Swedish movie, but it supposedly took place in America, where 2 teens were headed to a Cheerleading competition, met two other dudes who had a broken down car, that hitched a ride with the cheerleaders until that car broke down, and yer classic murdering hillbillies with too much land come pick ‘em up, and madness ensues.. I think the major problem was the random mix of Euro and American license plates. Anyway, they all had Swedish accents though they were supposed to be American. They were all supposed to be teenagers but appeared to be like 29 or 30. So, I’d skip this one.. and yell at someone Swedish for making this one.

I just watched thor and I rather liked it.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Killer Elite

Considering DeNiro, Statham, and Clive Owen are the main characters, it's not as good as it should have been, but still a lot more enjoyable than advertised.

Two mercenaries (Statham and DeNiro) are forced to do one last job, involving killing a number of retired soldiers from a secret society. Hunting them down is a different mercenary (Clive Owen) out to get revenge for some of those killings.

The movie is set in the 80's and it does a good job of capturing the era. It's a pretty fun action movie, much better than the average Statham film.

I'd check this out if you're looking for an entertaining action movie or a fan of Statham and Clive Owen. DeNiro is pretty fun as well when he gets in his killing mode.

Heroic Warrior
    Jaws.....films come and go but this was ahead of its time , Shaw shouldve gotten Oscar for this one
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Heroic Warrior
    Doing a halloween movie marathon.

Psycho on Blu-Ray: A masterpiece and my all time fave horror movie since forever looks great in high defintion.

Nightmare (1981): Sick, twisted and interesting horror thriller about madness, it's very much like Wolf Creek and Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer kind of as it goes for the jugular but has a good story to it.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) on Blu-Ray: Brilliant masterpiece of the genre that spawned many sequels, a remake and a prequel but this is the best one of them all.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

watched gentlemen broncos, which was made by the people who made napoleon dynamite and nacho libre. i thought it was pretty good. i didn't like it as much as the other two movies, but that could be because i don't remember any quotes. it has a lot of the same humor as napoleon dynamite and nacho libre, so if you liked those two movies i'd give it a watch.

Battle: Los Angeles

not sure what all the critics were watching because they all seem to be viewing some awful piece of trash while the film I watched was well written, well acted, suspenseful and had awesome sfx and alien designs.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

The Ides of March

This is a political drama about the amount of dirt and sleaze in politics. Clooney's character is trying to win the Democratic nomination, which he is neck and neck with for Ohio, the key state to win. But the focus of the movie is his media manager played by Ryan Gosling. He's a straight edge political genius that 100% believes in his candidate changing the world if elected. One night he finds out something really dirty about him and things spiral out of control trying to spin and cover it.

At first glance, especially watching the movie, this felt like it's a "Republicans are evil movie", but it's really not once you keep watching. It's movie about how everyone in politics, Democrats in this one, have their hands dirty and are not at all who they project to be.

I'd recommend seeing this if you find politics fascinating or if you're a fan of Ryan Gosling. It's another movie for him showing off how good he is. The supporting cast is actually very solid with Clooney, Giammati, Evan Rachel Wood, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and Marissa Tomei.

Trespass

Nicole Kidman and Nicholas Cage play a very wealthy couple and parents of a teenage girl. One night intruders barge into their mansion and demand Cage open up the safe. For whatever reason, he refuses and our story begins.

This movie is the definition of a popcorn film. It's full of improbable twists and turns for the sole purpose of entertainment and nothing else.

I'd rent it. It's nothing bad, but Joel Schumacker directed it and you have to really like Nicholas Cage. His overacting crazy side shows up for a second. Nicole Kidman I always like, but this is a little beneath her, still glad she was in it.

Real Steel

The marketing for this is extremely cheesy, which is why I never wanted to see it. But anyone who has seen it says nothing but good things, so I checked it out.

It is a live action Rock Em Sock Em Robots at first glance, but you'll get a really entertaining boxing movie instead. It takes place somewhere in the future, not too distant. Robots have taken the place of humans fighting. Jackman plays a deadbeat dad and former boxer who now hustles for money in underground robot fights and terrible at it. One day he uses his estranged son to make money and the kid discovers an older robot in the junkyard to re-build and fight with. This robot can actually box like a human, instead just make others into scrap metal.

The movie is ten times better than it has any right to be. It's Rocky. The robot fights are better than anything in the Transformer movies thanks to Sugar Ray Leonard. Jackman is really good at being a scumbag in this, many times I wanted to take his head off. Evangeline Lilly is surprisingly different than Kate from Lost. She's a believable boxing fan.

This is one of those movies that makes you want to stand up and shadow box during the movie.

Give this a chance and see it.

Paranormal Activity 3

This is the prequel to the prequel of Paranormal Activity 2. I loved the first one. It was very low budget and genuinely creepy due to what we couldn't see. The second one was missing the subtlety of the original and a little more far fetched.

This one is back to it's roots. It's VHS footage from the 80's when Katie and her sister first encountered the demon. This is the best and scariest of the three. Just like the original, things get worse and creepier every night and leads to no good, but better. The one negative might be your reaction to the ending, it's out there. But the rest of the movie is extremely well done and genuinely scary and suspenseful.

If you liked the original, you'll have to see this.

Dinocroc vs Supergator

Another one of those low budget SyFy original giant mutant monster animal movies from Roger Corman (as opposed to the Asylum who also makes these kinds of films). The plot is bad, the acting is worse and the special effects are laughable

Naturally I absolutely LOVED this movie and would highly recommend it to Bad Giant-Mutant-Monster-Animal Movies buffs like me...it scores 8/10
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...UA%26index%3D2

Unseen behind Enter the Dragon.....this will prolly never be released officially due to the collector owning the rights !
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Finally saw Trick R Treat off Netflix. Pretty good.
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."

-Chancellor Palpatine

UHF - today. Happy Birthday "Weird Al" Yankovic!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

In Time

This is a somewhat futuristic Robin Hood story where the currency is time, the amount of time you have to live, which you have to barter for goods and services. Society is divided up into time zones by the most powerful. The poor, who own the least time, are in seperate zones and controlled by the cost of living, which rise all the time to control population. The rich and powerful, who own all the time live in their seperate zone and are pretty much immortal.

One day one of the richest men in the world shows up in the low time zone and is giving away his time. Before getting mugged and killed, Timberlakes character saves him and as a reward gets all the time in the world. He decides to use it to steal time from the rich and spread it to the poor.

This was surprisingly very entertaining. Timberlake is a triple threat, he can sing, dance, and dance. Nahh he's decent, nothing great. Amanda Seyfried, who I thought was Dakota Fanning the entire time is good along with time cop, Cillian Murphy. There's also a small role by Olivia Wilde as Timberlake's mother.

I'd reccomend seeing it for a popcorn movie. It's a little more than that, but don't go looking for too much. It's a fun use of time as on object in an alternate universe.

A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas

Even though these are pot smoker movies and this is the third one, I have a feeling people will either love this or hate this. The other two, while their stories were out there, were still based on reality. This one is in a slightly different universe where the actual events might make sense if you really were high.

It's also in 3D and the 3D is actually really good. It makes Avatar look Avatarded.

Overall not as good as the previous two, but still has many funny moments for fans of the series.

Tower Heist

Ben Stiller plays the general manager of a luxury apartment where he invested his staff's pension with a Bernie Madhoff type crook. To make it up to them, he decides to plan a heist to steal the crook's secret stash.

This is a very funny heist movie and surprisingly another good movie with Ben stiller. It's an ensemble cast film, much like Ocean's Eleven and we get a good version of Eddie Murphy. The guy that steals the show is surprisingly Mathew Broderick.

My only complaint, and it takes nothing away from the entertainment value, is the ending doesn't really tie up all the loose ends.

Other than that, I liked this better than Harold and Kumar, I'd recommend seeing it.
    Last edited by SCB; November 8, 2011 at 06:01pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    Tower Heist

Ben Stiller plays the general manager of a luxury apartment where he invested his staff's pension with a Bernie Madhoff type crook. To make it up to them, he decides to plan a heist to steal the crook's secret stash.

This is a very funny heist movie and surprisingly another good movie with Ben stiller. It's an ensemble cast film, much like Ocean's Eleven and we get a good version of Eddie Murphy. The guy that steals the show is surprisingly Mathew Broderick.

I enjoyed Tower Heist as well I thought Eddie stole the show but Stiller and Broderick were good too
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Tombstone was on last night. It's on my "watch it whenever its on" list.

My wife and I watched "Unknown" over the weekend. Liam Neeson is always great, and this movie, with a few nifty twists and turns, had us entertained throughout!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    Remember, Remember the Fifth of November..

'cuz I watched V for Vendetta that day, and it was awesome.

Immortals

When I saw the trailer for this, I knew it could go in two ways. Either 300 or Sucker Punch. Luckily, this went the 300 route.

This is a fun Greek mythology movie. Immortals wage a war against each other, divided in two groups. The Gods and Titans. The Gods win and imprison the Titans. Back on earth, King Hyperion wages war on all of humanity to seek a special bow made by Ares to release the Titans and destroy the Gods for never answering his prayers. Zeus puts his faith in one man to defeat Hyperion and save his people.

This is really good for it's genre. I mean if movies like 300, or failed versions like Troy, Clash of The Titans, maybe even Conan are your thing, this is up there with 300 and top of green screen sword and sandal genre.

The movie is visually stunning as expected and brutally violent at times. I'd recommend 3D, it's worth it for this type of film. I don't think critics will give this a fair shake due to the type of movie this is, but it will be hard to deny Henry Cavilli's leading man performance. He knocks it out of the park and will make a great Superman. Mickey Rourke plays a great villain, much better than Iron Man 2.

I think you already know if this is your thing or not based on the trailers. If you've been waiting years for a sequel to 300 like I have, this is pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Immortals

or failed versions like Troy, Clash of The Titans,
    Clash Of The Titans was a fail?? Really??

True nothing beats the original but failed? Ahh No it didn't it expanded the original movie a little more..

I thought that movie was terrible. The movie had no soul. It was very cookie cutter. Almost zero problems getting past the obstacles.

Troy was actually decent due to the great cast.
    Last edited by SCB; November 11, 2011 at 09:52pm.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Immortals. It was bad. I was very let down.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I want to see Immortals since I'm a fan of Tarsem Singh, but if it is truly like 300, I have a feeling I won't like it. I am so not a fan of that movie. After 20 minutes of the same posturing and green screen over-the-top battles, I was bored. I had such high hopes for Zack Snyder after his great Dawn Of The Dead remake, but, except for thinking Watchmen was OK, I haven't liked any movie of his since. Having said that, Sucker Punch was one of the best looking awful movies I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; November 12, 2011 at 12:53am.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Snyder didn't direct this, but the look and style is similar. 300 is like watching a game between the Spartans and Persians, this is one man's story.

I don't know, if you're looking for intellectual stimulation, don't see this.

green lantern.
    a bit flawed but not too bad.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Heroic Warrior
    Planes, Trains and Automobiles: Perfect movie for Thanksgiving, i saw this in theaters at 6 and my family loved it, it's been a family fave for a long time including one of mine.

The Human Centipede part 2: Gross but funny and ridiculous, but nowhere as revolting as Salo: 120 Days in Sodom. Caligula, Men Behind The Sun, The New York Ripper, House on The Edge of the Park, In a Glass Cage, Martyrs, A Serbian Film, Bloodsucking Freaks, Sweet Movie, Pink Flamingos, The Untold Story, Guiena Pig, Irreversible etc.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.