Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

Justice League: DOOM

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Last movie I saw was Men in Black 3. Good movie IMO.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn

An excellent movie. Great voice acting and motion capture performance, great story, great animation...just really really great.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Chernobyl Diaries

What To Expect When You're Expecting was sold out all day possibly all year, so I decided to check out the latest horror film. It's not a found footage movie like implied in the trailers, although it is filmed in a certain shaky cam way despite that.

Six tourists go on this low rent tour of the abandoned town of Pripyat where the Chernobyl disaster took place. They go in illegally and off the map, so nobody else is aware of where they are. The town is a ghost town. There is nothing but dead animals, no sign of life. The tourists snap pictures, go inside the abandoned buildings, then when they return to the tour bus, the wires have been mysteriously cut. It's already dark and they are stranded. Things get horribly worse when strange creatures start stalking them and it's a nightmare.

I feel like I'm going to be in the minority and say I liked this movie. The tourists make some really stupid decisions over and over for the sake of our entertainment, but I'm okay with this. One of them includes the tour guide being obviously dead, but one of them insists they make sure he's dead by going underground this dark and scary building where they will get killed to search for his body. Again, I'm okay with this because I want to see them get killed and see what these "things" are.

The best way I can describe this movie is a low rent version of The Descent. Instead of caves, it's abandoned Eastern European buildings and corners filled with darkness. You never get a good look at what these things are, but they're always there and coming. It's creepy, full of dumb people, but for your pleasure. It's about as good as the trailers, exactly what's advertised, for better or worse.

The best thing the movie has going for it is the scenery. The abandoned town and landscape is strangely beautiful, then later filled with horror.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    Justice League: DOOM
    That was good.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Saw Battleship with the wife. Liked it for what it was, a good popcorn flick and diversion from the realities of life. The novelization was better though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Watched the Devil Inside.....what a waste of a movie. It made The Woman in Black look exciting.

More or less got drug to see Avengers. Didn't enjoy it
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Saw The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in the theater yesterday afternoon. The wife and I really liked it.

---------------------------------------

Watched "This Means War" on ON DEMAND. Pretty good flick.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; May 29, 2012 at 06:20am.

Heroic Warrior sportsandstuff777's Avatar
    The Wrath of the Titans I liked it a lot better than the 1st one
    Check out my auctions for Thundercats, MOTU,Transformers, Gi-Joe and WWE!♫

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b

Visit my Blog at http://2coolghouls.blogspot.com/

Watched the Dark Knight Monday night with a friend who hadn't seen it yet. Always a good time!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Currently watching Hatfield & McCoy's Movie series starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton on History Channel. Loving it so far!!

Piranha 3DD

Loved Piranha 3D, it was a great blend of comedy, gore, nudity, and knew exactly what it was. It was the same plot as Jaws, except at the end we find out those pre-historic piranhas were just babies. Oh and the 3D was perfect, exactly how it should be used, over the top dramatic effect.

This deals with the aftermath, although this deals with a seperate group of people at a nearby city. A marine biologist comes home to find out her stepdad, who she co-owns a water park with has turned the place into an adult nudist water park with a section for children, renamed Get Wet. He's also stealing water from a mysterious pipe, which is filled with Pre-historic super piranhas and they are headed towards the water park!

This is a total cash in and a parody of the first one. The movie is hilarious, but very rushed and short. It's a perfect rental though. It's filled with cameos by Gary Busey, the Hoff as himself, great gags making fun the genre, and laugh out loud gore, not to md tion the double D's soaked in blood.

Seeing this in theates would be fun, but it's barely an option. The studio screwed up with zero marketing and the smallest release possible, guaranteeing a bomb and no wide release.

See it at home.

Just watched Snow White & the Huntsmen. REALLY enjoyed it!!

Heroic Warrior
    Flicka: Coming Home
    It was okay I guess.

Dark Shadows:
    It...was...awesome!!!

Snow White and The Huntsman

This is a very dark version of the Snow White story, might be the Grimm Fairy Tales version or influenced.

Snow White is a little girl and princess. Her parents are the king and queen of a thriving kingdom surrounded by beautiful nature and shining skies. Her mother dies and her father sort of goes in an emotional seclusion. One day the kingdom is under attack so the king and his men go to battle. They easily win and rescue this beautiful blonde woman. She and the king marry and she kills him, becoming queen and imprisoning Snow White. She's an extremely powerful sorceress and allows her dark forces and men into the kingdom, ruling for years and turning the land into damp and darkness.

Her powers are connected to her beauty. The more magic she uses, the less life and beauty she has. She has to drain fair maidens to stay alive and powerful, however if she drains the heart of the fairest of them all, Snow White, she will have immortality.

Alright, the elephant in the room is Kristen Stewart as the fairest of them all. Yeah it's a really bad idea. But to be fair, her being the fairest in the film is directly about her being pure of heart, not best looking or even good looking. Her heart and purity is a force of nature that could bring the light and nature back into the land, contrasting what the queen's rule has brought.

Anyways, the best parts of the movie are the queen, the dark forest, and Hemsworth as the Huntsman. Charlize is really good in this role. It's a very over the top performance, but she stops right before going full Nicholas Cage. It works for being an evil witch. However, she's only around in the first and last act. The forest and all the things in it are visually amazing, such as giant trolls and the creepiest version of the Seven Dwarves we've seen. Chris Hemsworth might become the next Sean Bean. He has a great look and presence for the sword and sorcery genre, not to mention swinging big weapons around.

The problem with this movie is that it loses all steam by the end. It starts out really strong with the queen's history with Snow White. The middle is mostly interesting in the dark forest with Snow White and The Huntsman, then the last act where Snow White leads an army of soldiers, including herself donning a knight's armor and sword, pretty much take me out of the movie. Then the ending fails to wrap up some very important loose ends.

Is it bad I was rooting for the evil queen? I don't know, it's mostly worth watching for. There's lots of problems, mainly to do with Snow White herself, but the queen, the huntsman, the seven Dwarves, and most of the forest scenes make it worth watch.
    Last edited by SCB; June 2, 2012 at 09:39pm.

Batman: Under the Red Hood

imo the greatest Batman movie whether it be Live Action or Animated and one of the best animated Superhero movies of all time as well.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

Snow White and the Huntsman

Charlize Theron owns this movie.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    I just finished watching The Raid - Redemption - Korean Uncut Special Edition

Best Martial Arts action movie in a long time!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Snow White And The Huntsman: Flawed but I liked it overall. Charlize Theron was really good in it.

Bernie: A great movie with Jack Black's best performance of his career IMO.

The Three Stooges: I'm not going to say it's a good movie, but the 3 lead actors make it far better than I ever thought it could be considering it doesn't star any actors with the last name of Fine or Howard.

Piranha 3DD: It was not a good movie, but it entertained me more than its predecessor in a WTH am I watching kinda way.

High School: I might have liked it more under the influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    I just finished watching The Raid - Redemption - Korean Uncut Special Edition

Best Martial Arts action movie in a long time!

=)
    Cool flick! I saw that at the theater a few months ago.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    What if they did live action Gummi Bears......or CGI Duck Tales ?

Heston kinda reminded me of Arnold in Ben Hur

Just saw :

Armour of God
    Police Story III
    Police Story IV

Last edited by Wonder Bread He-Man; June 8, 2012 at 09:14am.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Heroic Warrior
    Legend of the Fist (reminded me a bit of the 1960's Green Hornetseries)
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

Master of New Adventures!
    An ALIEN/ALIENS marathon last night in anticipation of seeing PRO over the weekend. Boy do those two films ever hold up. The pay-off of seeing Sigourney in the final scene in ALIEN in the capsule is breathtaking...and I'm not talkin' about her battle with the alien, if ya get my drift.

But seriously, what inspired filmmaking. With ALIENS it just grabs you by the collar and takes you on a rollercoaster ride.

Really looking forward to PRO now.

South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut

Still an absolutely brilliant movie

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Gaslight (1944)
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com