Page 30 of 44 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

Red is a great action comedy. Fantastic cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    The Last Stand

I must say, it's good to see Ah-nuld back in the game. Do not listen to any negative critics when it comes to 'The Last Stand.' It was chock full of fun, action and things going boom! All actors played their parts well, and the story was well-written, and sped along along at a good clip. Two thumbs up
    I have to agree. I really enjoyed it!
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Judge Dredd - Oh my god, what was I thinking? This movie is down right horrible and everyone mumbles all of the time. I just wanted to jump into the movie dressed as Willy Wonka and yell, "MUMBLER!!" I hate Rob Schneider and this movie shows why he is annoying. I think the only thing I found enjoyable in the movie was the Angel Family, but the entire wasteland segment of the movie was a waste since they never really did anything with it.

Dredd - Second time seeing it in just over a week and I enjoyed it even more than the first time. The Slo-Mo stuff is so great because there is a reason for them to do bullet time in the movie, which was great. They did a great job ensuring there would never be a moment when Dredd's helmet would need to come off, and Karl Urban just did an incredible job in the role. I really like him as an actor, but he always seems to pick the worst movies (Doom), so it was great to see him in something good again.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Dredd - Second time seeing it in just over a week and I enjoyed it even more than the first time. The Slo-Mo stuff is so great because there is a reason for them to do bullet time in the movie, which was great. They did a great job ensuring there would never be a moment when Dredd's helmet would need to come off, and Karl Urban just did an incredible job in the role. I really like him as an actor, but he always seems to pick the worst movies (Doom), so it was great to see him in something good again.
    I completely agree. I saw the movie this weekend and I thought it was excellent. It can't avoid having a B action movie label, however it is excllent for the low budget invested. It is a pity that it did not do good at the box office.
    And yes, Karl Urban is a hell of an actor, but it always end up as a second string. Hope he may someday get his break though role.

These past weekend I catch up with the following moves:

_Dredd

_Gangster Squad: great black & white movie. Good fellas are good, bad dudes are bad and they have to be taken down. No grey areas.

_Looper: excellent performances from JGL & Willis; however, the whole movie is full of plot holes that make it impossible.

_Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter: really cool, entertainment B movie. Benjamin Walker looks like the off-marriage son of Liam Nesson. Hope we may see him again in some other roles, specially for super hero movies.

_Drive: for the 4th time, every time that I watch that movie looks better.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Silver Linings Playbook

I love a movie that centers on the 2008 season of the Philadelphia Eagles, plus it had Chris Tucker. 9 out of 10. I highly recommend it.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I completely agree about Dredd. REALLY enjoyed the movie!
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Just saw The Hobbit. Great movie!!! The whole time I'm watching, I kept thinking to myself why don't we have a Masters Trilogy made yet????
    Come on Mattel get on the ball and make a He-man movie already. Keep in in Eternia/Etheria and hire Guillermo Del Toro to create it.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Just saw The Hobbit. Great movie!!! The whole time I'm watching, I kept thinking to myself why don't we have a Masters Trilogy made yet????
    Come on Mattel get on the ball and make a He-man movie already. Keep in in Eternia/Etheria and hire Guillermo Del Toro to create it.
    Because they will let someone like Michael Bay do it where it has no plot, is all action, and does not even remotely resemble the characters.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

The director for the next He-Man movie has been announced for months.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The director for the next He-Man movie has been announced for months.
    Don't remind me because I highly doubt that is true. Even if it is, is means just what I said, they got someone who does not know what the source material is and will only care about making as many explosions as possible. Suddenly, MAA will be a master ninja and Skeletor will be a deformed man in a mask.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    The Hobit in theater on x-mas day.
    watched Titans 2 at home
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    PotC I and II , score 4/6....frankly I find them not that exciting and somewhat tedious , too long.

Magnificent Trio 4/6 , sword movie with Yu and Lieh....decent as sword films usually are.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Take Me Home Tonight on Netflix. Loved it!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Went to see Gangster Squad last night and really enjoyed it!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Dredd Not a bad film at all, but I actually enjoyed the original a little. This one was over the top gore, with less cheese and more CGI. If you are a fan of Karl Urban, guns, gore and other sci-fi 'man' things, you might like it.

Titanic I revisited this film because it was free on Netflix. Still a great film. James Cameron knows how to make a story that takes you places, be it back in time, or into the future on an alien world. I love this man's work. I always feel good after watching a James Cameron film.

Jiro Dreams of Sushi A poignant film for sushi lovers.

The Hobbit Beyond the films, I am not a fan of this franchise. I don't play the games, collect the merchandise or chat about the books or characters. Still, I have a great love of the LOTR films, and this one was no exception. An all around good movie, and a perfect set up for what will no doubt be a great sequel. Mind you, almost anything with Ian McKellan is great film. This man is gaymazing.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 25, 2013 at 04:51am.

Just got done watching The Possession.....and enjoyed it greatly! The true story is kinda a let down as opposed to the the movie but that's Hollywood. It is kinda cool that the actual box was sold on Ebay at one time though. Imagine buying a demon possessed wine box. Anyway, good flick!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    Dredd Not a bad film at all, but I actually enjoyed the original a little. This one was over the top gore, with less cheese and more CGI. If you are a fan of Karl Urban, guns, gore and other sci-fi 'man' things, you might like it.
    Uh...

The over the top gore is from the comics.

The less cheese is because they wanted it to be good.

And there was not that much CGI. The Slo-Mo and gore were pretty much the only things in CG. More than 80% of the movie were practical effects.

Finished watching Dracula (Legosi), Last of the Living, Branded, and Land of the Dead
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Rented Abel's Field and Beasts of the Southern Wild from RedBox. Both pretty good movies.
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Jack Reacher and Ghost Protocol:Mission Impossible.

Enjoyed them both, weird how i hadn't yet seen GP:MI until now. Of the two, i enjoyed JR a bit more.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - We are watching each movie every 1-2 weeks so we can see them all in a short time span and while the third movie was actually a lot better than I remember, this one is just down right terrible. I have never read the books and do not plan to so I am completely lost by the movie's first hour. It makes little sense and everything just feels so rushed it is not even funny. Characters die or just disappear out of nowhere. Or there are so many pointless characters that seem to be nothing but time wasters (such as that Asian girl that disappears after the fifth or sixth movie) and Ron is the biggest "OH GODZILLA! WHAT TERRIBLE LANGUAGE!" out of any character in this series. They really should have killed him off because he is nothing more than a selfish loser prick. Anyway, that is all I have to say about this movie as I could go on for an hour of how terrible this one is. Truly the worst of the Harry Potter series.

Insidious - Not sure if anyone here has ever heard of it, but we just watched it off of Netflix and it was absolutely stupid. It had only one really good scene in the movie while the rest of it was just another Exorcism movie rehash that has been done a million times. There was nothing scary or even suspenseful about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hansel & Gretel - There really isn't much to be said. We got asked by a friend to see this, had nothing better to do, so we did. It was pretty lackluster, but it did feature some good one liners and great death scenes. Other than that though, the movie is pretty horrible and has some extremely terrible editing. There is no pacing or even room for the plot to breath as something big happens every 2-3 minutes. It's like this movie was made for the ultimate ADD person.

BTW, the trailers beforehand were also pretty bad, but the worst has to go to how lose Julia Roberts has fallen. She is in some new cop movie that was on the level of disgusting. In fact, the movie is on levels of Revenge of the Fallen bad.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Have seen a few movies over the past week with my wife.

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters wasn't bad in my opinion. I mean, what did people expect? It was a fun little popcorn flick filled with amusing dialogue and plenty of witch-killing action.

Parker is another fun Jason Statham beat 'em up. And for a woman her age, Jennifer Lopez is still pretty dang hot Nick Nolte is not aging well, however.

Warm Bodies thankfully isn't a chick flick as I thought it may have been in the trailers. It's actually quite amusing, and puts a different spin on the Apocalypse. I'm sure anyone looking for something to watch on Valentine's Day with a special someone, this is the one that will have both coming out happy
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Have seen a few movies over the past week with my wife.

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters wasn't bad in my opinion. I mean, what did people expect? It was a fun little popcorn flick filled with amusing dialogue and plenty of witch-killing action.
    A movie that didn't have scenes feel unfinished when they cut to the next one. Like at the end when they are in the village and it suddenly cuts to them in the desert. That was very poor editing.

Oh yeah, and how did Gretel lose her coat? She is being beaten up by the sheriff, has her coat on, is knocked to the ground being kicked, has her coat, the troll comes out attacks the dudes, and her coat is gone for the rest of the movie.

Went out and saw Parker and Bullet to the Head. Both were average movies, but hey at least I get free refills on large popcorn and drink. lol.
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

The Dark Knight Returns (Movie 2)

Looper

The Raid Redemption

Iron Sky (finally...)
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....