So I missed BATTLESHIP in the theaters -- actually I stayed away from it because the reviews were awful. It came on TV at midnight last night and I decided to watch it for a couple of minutes.

Am I crazy or am I living in a parallel universe that has an entirely different BATTLESHIP film? Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this was CITIZEN KANE or ALIENS, but I really enjoyed the film. I thought the storyline was interesting, the acting was mostly good and the character development worked for me. I loved that Hopper's a screw up and his gal is the admiral's daughter and works in re-hab. I liked the tie-in with the soldier that had lost his legs and I felt the Japanese officer was a nice touch. Using the old Navy guys at the end was fun.

Okay, sure there were some downsides. Not likely that the Missouri could actually do what it does in the film and some of the CGI was a little cheesy. But what ever happened to giving a film a shot by going into it with "a willing suspension of disbelief". Overall, for what it was, I really thought it was a good film. Nice special effects, clever that the aliens can't handle sunlight and, again, I honestly felt the storyline held together. Overall I'd give it a B. As I said, I didn't see it in the theater, but if I had I don't think I'd have walked out wishing I had my two hours back. As it was, I had to stay up until 2:30 to watch the movie on TV and I felt it was entertaining and worth my time.

What am I missing here?