Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

Heroic Warrior
    What i saw the last weeks since i was here.

The Fog (1980) on blu-ray: One of John Carpenter's most unique movies finally on blu-ray as it looks and sounds better than ever with tons of extras, i enjoyed this movie for a long time since i saw it on TV when i was little thinking it was scary. Tom Atkins, Adrienne Barbeau, Hal Holbrook and Jamie Lee Curtis all shine in this creepy delight.

The Incredible Melting Man on blu-ray: A guilty pleasure of mine since i first rented it in 87 on video, this one deals with an astronaut who was doing research on Saturn then gets hit by cosmic rays as days later he ends up in the hospital as he discovers his skin is slowly melting as he escapes as he goes out killing people and eating them to keep his cells calm, a doctor is hot on his trail to find him. This one is quite goopy and gory with excellent make-up effects by Rick Baker and Greg Cannom, Scream Factory did a great job with the blu-ray as it looks and sounds great on HD and nice extras too. This was mocked on Mystery Science Theater 3000 as i enjoyed their take on this movie as well, i hope one day Shout releases the MST3K version in one of their sets.

Pacific Rim: Guillermo Del Toro had made this surprisingly enjoyable homage to Japanese animation/Japanese monster films with a b-movie style on a big budget, recommended.

Robocop: Kickass and violent as hell sci-fi masterpiece! i saw this on the big screen when i was a kid 3 times and i had a t-shirt, cards, toys, played the games, read the comics and still have that awesome Robocop vs. Terminator crossover comic and i watched the cartoon (Remember that?). Peter Weller was awesome in the role as well as Ronny Cox as Richard Jones.

The Sword in The Stone on blu-ray: A childhood fave has never looked or sounded better than ever on HD! i always enjoyed this movie and one of my fave Disney animated movies, i also remembered thinking when Madame Mim became 20 years old she looked hot (Remember that scene?).

Street Trash on blu-ray: Excellent and hilarious yet slimy cult 1987 horror comedy cult fave with Pat Ryan Jr. from Toxic Avenger/Class of Nuke'Em High (Remember the tubby actor who played those baddies?). It's about a liquor that has been around for 60 years and it's gone real bad as a New York liquor store owner decides to sell it for a dollar on each bottle as some of the whinos who drink it literally explode or melt within seconds.

Justice League The Time Paradox on BD: Very good DC animated movie, one of the better efforts, i enjoyed this one.

2 Guns: A very nice R-rated comic based actioner, very enjoyable and fun stuff i recommend it.

The Wolverine: An improvement over the last one and this is true that this is the Wolverine movie we've been waiting for, quite violent for it's rating and one of the better Marvel films.

Swamp Thing: Quite a fun Sci-fi horror movie based on DC's comics and directed by Wes Craven, Adrienne Barbeau was gorgeous in this movie as Alice Cable. I saw this on TV when i was 4 and it made me a fan of Swamp Thing as i collected his comics since and i saw the sequel in theaters, watched both the live-action and cartoon shows of the early 90s and had the toys. I'd love to see a reboot based on Alan Moore's vision and isn't it cool that ms Barbeau is in two DC media properties like this as Alice Cable and guess what else folks?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Had a Star Wars OT day. SW gets an 8/10, ESB is a 10/10, and RotJ is a 9/10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Adrienne Barbeau was gorgeous in this movie as Alice Cable.
    I still don't get this. What is so attractive about her? You are the third person in the last week to say this.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

In the last week saw Despicable Me 2, World War Z, 5 Year Engagement, and Oblivion. I think I enjoyed Oblivion the most.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Went to see Pacific Rim in IMAX 3D with my wife, Mom and her fiancee. It was just as awesome the second time around. Highly recommended you see it before its out of the theaters
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

The Demon of Screamin' JonnyTyler's Avatar
    Saw The Conjuring yesterday.... I thought it was excellent!!!
    Please Give My MOTUC Sale Thread A Look! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...easts-For-Sale
    I have a new Thread in the Vintage Marketplace! Check it out!! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=209217
    Here's my Trader's Review too: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Jonnytyler

Watched the first Kick-Ass movie at the weekend.

Very silly, but immensely enjoyable. Hopefully the sequel will be just as good!

Torso(Low budget 70s Italian slasher movie) can't really recommend it(It was ok but nothing great)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Corvette summer.... Marks Hamil YIKES
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

Heroic Warrior
    I saw Up the other day. What a great movie. I like most of the Disney/Pixar movies but this one is probably my favorite. It made me laugh, cry, gasp, ooh, aah, and aww several times. It went through the full range of emotions. I freaking loved it!!

Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Had a Star Wars OT day. SW gets an 8/10, ESB is a 10/10, and RotJ is a 9/10.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't get this. What is so attractive about her? You are the third person in the last week to say this.
    Well Adrienne was a sex symbol of the 70s and early 80s you know and do you think she's quite a talented actress? she was in The Fog, Creepshow and Escape from New York and did you know she played the seductive voice of Catwoman on Batman TAS?

Dawn of the Dead (1978) Euro cut: I own the 4-disc DVD of this remarkable classic and this cut is quite good as it's got more gore/action in store even by Tom Savini and it's part of the 3 cuts around.

Robin Hood (1973) on BD: this Disney classic has never looked or sounded better than ever on HD! i always loved it since i was 4 years old when i rented it on video and became one of my faves. Don Bluth did some excellent designs and i remembered thinking Maid Marion was quite foxy for being a literal fox,
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; December 5, 2013 at 10:18pm.

Yes, I know she is in Escape from NY (and the voice of Catwoman), but that doesn't make her attractive one bit.

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Watched Admission on Redbox dvd. Pretty good movie.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Percy Jackson and the Sea of Mediocrity - This movie was not all that great. If you hated the first one, you will not even want to waste your time with this movie. If you liked the first one, it could go either way, but I found it to be very subpar. The plot of the movie was pretty simple and easy to follow, but the execution was just so boring. For a movie called Sea of Monsters, we didn't really see that many monsters. In fact, there was hardly even anything show in the actual sea. Not to mention the acting seemed to regress from the previous movie, as the guy that played Luke was terrible. It also did not help that the cast sometimes did not even react to a Manticore jumping in front of them. Even the action was boring because most of it was over quickly and sometimes, with Kratos-like kills that made no sense. There is also something that happens to another character towards the end, but the problem was fixed so quickly, it was pointless to even bother with because the drama did not even have time to develop. Overall, the movie was a vast disappointment. It isn't bad enough that I wouldn't go see a third movie if there were to be one, but I would not care if there is not another one either. I give the movie a 4/10.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mythew View Post
    Video: Sharknado.
    I'm so very very sorry you had to suffer through this ****.

Snappy Threader
    Just saw "The Heat". Pretty good and funny.

Heroic Warrior
    Hit!, albeit on the Movies Network. It's on again tomorrow night.

DeadHeads. Awesome!
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

The Wolverine in the theater last week. It was awesome, I think there was only two people that weren't stabbed by Wolverine or the ninjas.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Spent the day watching The Dark Knight Trilogy and what an awesome trilogy it is. It starts off with a nice origin story and a great beginning to the series and gives a nice look at the persona of Bruce Wayne and Batman. Then comes The Dark Knight, which is without a doubt The Empire Strikes Back of the trilogy as the movie is just pure perfection. There is not a single moment in this movie that lets you down and the tension just continues to build throughout the entire moment. Not to mention we get to see more of what Gotham is like now that Batman is around, along with a great cast of characters with Joker, Harvey, and Gordon. Plus, it redefined what it means to be a truly great super hero movie. And then it all comes down to a nice, but somewhat weak, finale with Rises. Rises is a great ending, but it does have its moments of disappointment or confusion. Nevertheless, the ending itself was is very satisfying even if the characters in the movie were not as strong as those found in the previous two entries. Overall, this trilogy belongs right up there with Star Wars and Lord of the Rings as one of the best movie trilogies ever.

Individually, I give Begins a 9/10, Dark Knight a 10/10, and Rises an 8/10, but as a trilogy, I give the whole thing a 9.5/10. We will never get Batman movies like this again, especially ones that ripped scenes directly out of a various amount of comics and gave us near perfect movies because of it. Not to mention the amount of originality Nolan and gang put into it to make it their own version of Batman.

Saw a couple of films for the first time this week.

Memento - A very good film, but I doubt i'll ever watch it again.

Machete - Completely crazy action, violent and fun. The type of film where you just switch your brain off, sit back and enjoy.

I agree on Momento. I own the movie, bought it when it was on sale for $5 about three years ago, but I watched it that night and have never watched it again. In fact, the only reason I still have it is becasue my local second hand shop would not take it.

- - - Updated - - -

The World's End is down right hilarious. If you loved Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz, this is an absolute must see! The jokes are hysterical, the plot is fun and unique, and it just screams out to Sci-Fi movies of old. ON the negative side though, the movie does take a while to start moving, and while it is nice to build up the plot, it could have shaved off about 5-10 minutes from the first half of the movie. Other than that though, no complaints and this is easily the best movie of the year thus far! I give it a 9.5/10.

- - - Updated - - -

We just watched Paranorman and it was down right hilarious. Great movie, wish I had gone to see it in theaters. I give it an 8.

The Dark Knight Rises.

It was okay, better than I expected it to be. Not as good as Batman Begins or TDK, and Bane's voice was ridiculous. The '89 Batman is still my favourite.

Heroic Warrior
    What i've seen in the last weeks.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Movie on blu-ray: I saw this in theaters when i was in junior high and i loved it as i've been a fan of the show since 92 and this movie is like a big screen episode with the movie This Island Earth mocked, this movie has a proper special edition than those bareboned DVDs over the years and Shout Factory did great.

Planes Trains and Automobiles on blu-ray: Awesome comedy i saw in theaters 3 times when i was 6 years old and became a family favorite, i watch it every holiday season and this is my favorite comedy.

Frozen: 3 times and i loved it, now one of my favorite Disney animated movies.

Home Alone on BD: awesome comedy and one of my favorite holiday comedies ever, i saw this 5 times in theaters as a kid and loved it, another one of my fave Hughes films.

The Hunger Games on BD: Fun and thrilling yet quite violent sci-fi action movie with nice performances by Woody Harrelson and Jennifer Lawrence even if it's Running Man/Death Race 2000/Battle Royale/Rollerball lite.

The Hunger Games Catching Fire: This is a sequel that is even better than part 1, more intense and has more interesting qualities.

Thor The Dark World: 3 times a nice followup to Iron Man 3 and even better than the first movie even though the Marvel Cinematic Universe are sequels to themselves.

Heroic Warrior
    The Warriors.
    "These are the days of high adventure"

I am about to watch...

Are you ready for it?

Megashark vs Giant Octopus!

EDIT

I don't suppose a movie could somehow be any worse than this?
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; December 7, 2013 at 12:29am.