Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    This was a GOOD MOVIE!!!
    Glad you liked it too! I didn't know the history and was really surprised.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Strictly my own personal opinion, but the first 2 are classics while the third one made a lot of money. I wasn't tying to offend or insult you since I know Cameron's movie has tons of fans(I enjoyed it but found it flawed). It was more an excuse to play the Sesame Street clip.
    I get what you're saying. I'm not a fan of calling something an "instant classic" and there were plenty of flaws in AVATAR, including not only the heavily borrowed plot, characters and often scenes from DANCES WITH WOLVES.

Still, I found the film to be very watchable and I was amazed -- and after thirty+ years in the entertainment industry I don't amaze easily -- at the totally new world and the attention to details in that world that he created. For me 'watchability' is a big part of something being classic -- i.e., it holds up over time. Think THE CARPETBAGGERS, A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, ON THE WATERFRONT. Soooooo many people found AVATAR watchable and I believe that's a good predictor of the film's future.

I think AVATAR will be a classic. I think people will still be watching it twenty or fifty years from now and enjoying it greatly. So I'll respectfully ask for it being, at this point in time, half-a-classic.

Tyler Perry's Madea's Witness Protection
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

People Like Us

The male stripper movie was sold, so I checked this out instead.

Sam is a big selfish screw up estranged from his family and in some financial debt. His dad dies and he's given the task of settling something for him. Turns out he had a daughter from an affair and now Sam has to deliver $150,000 in cash to her. Sam wants to keep the money for himself, but out of curiosity ends up meeting her and her son. Things of course get complicated the longer he waits to tell her who he is, plus she starts to get the wrong idea.

I loved this movie. It's the best of Chris Pine, Elizabeth Banks, and maybe Michelle Pfeiffer. The acting really carries the film and really leaves you emotionally attached to this family. The characters, acting, and story telling all deliver.

Saw People Like Us with my wife yesterday and thought it was GREAT! Script, charcters, acting....just great!

Ted: It was a lot better than the trailer had me thinking it would be. It had the offensive jokes & pop culture references of Family Guy but, unlike that other MacFarlane creation, it had a bit of a heart as well.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Saw The Amazing Spider-Man last night and its indeed amazing!!! I can only recommend it. I think i´ll go and watch it a second time

Heroic Warrior
    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace: I missed the first 20 or 30 minutes of it (it was on tv) and it was at the part where they meet Anakin at Watto's shop. I actually saw this movie back in 1999 with my dad and older brother. To those who watched this movie, did anyone else mute whenever Jar-Jar talked? I find this character to be very annoying (I even wanted to write a short fanfic where he's killed). The battle scene between Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Ginn and Obi-Wan Kenobi was epic. Am I the only one who laughed at the part where Artoo and Threepio first meet?
    Threepio: I beg your pardon. But what do you mean, naked?
    (Artoo beeps and whistles)
    Threepio: My parts are showing? Oh my!

I finally watched Ratatouille this weekend (was in a Pixar mood after enjoying Brave last Sunday night).Loved it! My absolute favorite Pixar movie is Up!, but Ratatouille is on my tier of second favorites along with Brave, Toy Story 3, and Monsters Inc.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post
    Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace: I missed the first 20 or 30 minutes of it (it was on tv) and it was at the part where they meet Anakin at Watto's shop. I actually saw this movie back in 1999 with my dad and older brother. To those who watched this movie, did anyone else mute whenever Jar-Jar talked? I find this character to be very annoying (I even wanted to write a short fanfic where he's killed). The battle scene between Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Ginn and Obi-Wan Kenobi was epic. Am I the only one who laughed at the part where Artoo and Threepio first meet?
    Threepio: I beg your pardon. But what do you mean, naked?
    (Artoo beeps and whistles)
    Threepio: My parts are showing? Oh my!
    I'm not a Jar-Jar fan, but he didn't bother me like Jake Lloyd's Anakin. That character made me hate Darth Vader.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Rented Safe House and Jeff, Who Lives At Home from RedBox. Enjoyed them both.

Heroic Warrior
    The Full Monty:
    That...was...amazing.

Piranha 3DD. Even the cheesiness of Hasslehoff couldn't save that stinker. At least the prior one knew the concept was ridiculous and had fun with it. This one was just.........bad, and not in a "so bad you gotta love it" way...
    This space for rent, apparently.....

I just watched Robocop. The new figure had me curious to see it again. It's been a long time, heh. It was ok. It was well done in spots. It could have been worse.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Savages

Two best friends, Ben and Chon, are extremely successful pot growers and their business is legal. Ben is the brains and a prodigy, while Chon ex-military and the muscle. Together they share the business as well as a girlfriend. One day the biggest drug cartel in Mexico offer to take over their business. They turn it down and their girl is kidnapped. The two do everything in their resources to get her back and they go can go pretty far.

I think Oliver Stone does a great job here telling a different kind of cartel story. There are two parts that play out independently. The head of the cartel is played by Salma Hayek and I love her in this role. She's a cold beast, but has a very human side because her daughter. Then there's her henchmen, played even better by Benecio Del Toro, who is very believable scumbag creep heading her operation in the U.S.

I enjoyed Taylor Kitsch in this, only ever seen him in John Carter and he's a very different kind of protagonist here. Only weakness might be Blake Lively. She comes off really dumb, and maybe that's part of her character, but I didn't care for her getting saved and narrating the story. I've seen her do a great job in The Town, so it all be her purposeful performance.

Overall, a very entertaining story. I'd see it.

The last movies I saw were Drive and Amazing Spider-Man

Drive 8.5/10 An awesome movie; Ryan Gosling was perfect. I hope they go thru with the sequel.

Amazing Spider-Man 7/10 A good movie. Hopefully the sequel ties up some of the loose ends
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Warrior
    Stuart Little: It's a good family movie. I laugh everytime.

Heroic Warrior
    Futurama: Bender's Game--Even though it's mostly a D&D spoof, it has a good subplot involving Nibbler and his species.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

Heroic Warrior
    Mirror Mirror: I thought it was an okay film. I'll probably watch this again if it was on ABC family or something.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Breakfast at Tiffany's. A classic love story, and my lord, not a single actress of the current generation can even compare to Audrey Hepburn's beauty.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Breakfast at Tiffany's. A classic love story, and my lord, not a single actress of the current generation can even compare to Audrey Hepburn's beauty.
    You got that right.

Apider-man... didnt like all that much...it was ok... but a bit on the boring side IMO

Ted..i enjoyed that..think i liked more due to the Boston/Quincy references in it

Staying Alive...... what can i say. so awful it was amazing!!!!

Boys in the Band... really dug this one too...

Titicut Follies.... pretty creepy and kinda sad..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Goon and Friends with Kids. Both were ok.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    The last movies I have watched:

Lord of the Rings EE
    The Dark Knight Rises (twice)
    Star Wars (original)
    The Simpsons Movie
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Warrior of the Inferno Brimstone's Avatar
    Watched The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man back to back.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Eternia: The Dark Years: Enter Eternia a world that has fallen to the hands of the Evil Horde.
    Coming Soon:Roots 2: Fear stalks Primus. (A NA sequel to Roots by Brimstone and Thew40)

My art (mostly MOTU related ) please feel free to comment.