Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

The Amazing Spider-Man: Big let down, didn't connect with the characters, and spent most of the movie being bored out of my mind. Not even beautiful Andrew Garfield in that sexed up modern costume could save this film. There was so much I disliked about this film, I'm not even going to get into it, since I already posted it in the movie thread. Would not recommend it.

The Dark Knight Rises
    : I didn't mind this film, though I wasn't a fan of the other 2. There is just something about Christian Bale's open mouthed, snarly drooly sounding Batman that just turns me off. I also found Bane hard to understand, I get that he had a face mask, but he sounded like Bale. Anne Hathaway however sold me on Catwoman, and I enjoy Joseph Levitt. It was also great to see Cillian Murphy back as the crazy Scarecrow. He just had too much fun with these movies.

Snow White & The Huntsman
    n: Charlize Theron was awesome, I mean, every moment she was on the screen I was fixated on her. Her performance was utterly amazing, and she completely sold me on her character. She is truly an amazing actress. Also some of the creature visuals and overall look of the movie was superb, and it had the trappings of a great fantasy epic, but something got lost. The dialogue left much to be desired, every line seemed dull and predictable. Kristen Stewart sucked as per usual, and most of the movie seemed boring and formulaic. Chris Hemsworth was his usual muscled, drunken self, like a dirty brunette Thor. Its not a terrible film, but its far from good.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Nothing against you Sky, but Bale cannot do anything about his Batman voice. He said in an interview a few weeks back that the mask crushes his nose, so he cannot speak any differently, and it gets worse in the cold as the entire costume retracts, making it even tighter on him.

Spider-Man really is a mixed bag depending on who you asked. It seems to be those that went in forgetting about the Raimi movies (which are not really that good to begin with) and not sure what to expect had a great time (great character development, a plotline that is going continue into the next movie, good action scenes, a Parker that doesn't heal by the next scene, etc) while everyone else hated it. Don't get me wrong, it does not have poor editing at times, but it really took me by surprise at how much better it was than Raimi's first movie (the only really good one of his 3).

I won't even touch that crappy Snow White movie. I mean they really expect me to believe Stewart is supposed to be more beaitful than Theron? RIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iight.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Just saw the Dark Knight Rises today, and its the best movie i've seen this year, and by far the best batman movie of all time

I don't mind bale's voice and i'd heard the constriction excuse before and it seems feasible, I never had a problem with bane at all, Tom Hardy played the role really well and made a truely menacing bane unlike any other incarnation.

Heroic Warrior
    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...r&GRid=6755345

Today 30th anniversary death of Oddjob , I miss him a lot......we should all watch Goldfinger today
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

I'm the bad guy. Stinkor's Only Fan's Avatar
    In the theaters it was Amazing Spider-Man. I'm a comic guy and I actually liked it a lot.

On TV-(and I know I'll get the business on this one) it was Caddyshack II. It's one of those dirty little secrets of movies you should hate to all the ends of the Earth, but I like it in a don't take it so serious sense. Let's face it, the first one was so perfect you weren't gonna surpass,match or even come close, so just roll with it.

The Dark Knight Rises – My wife and I can seldom get a sitter so that we can go out. But we were able to this past weekend and had to see Dark Knight Rises. I only had 4 hours of sleep previously but I didn’t even come close to falling asleep. It was a good film and I can't wait to see it again when I'm more awake.

Superman III and IV – I hadn’t seen Superman III and IV in a long time and all I really remembered about them was that they were terrible. When I stumbled across Superman Redeemed (a fan edit taking footage from Superman II, III, IV, and some deleted scenes and turning it into an enjoyable film), it became the definitive sequel to Superman II for me. Superman III and IV aired on TV so I figured I’d watch them to see the original footage that Superman Redeemed took footage from. I was amazed at how terrible they were, and I was even more amazed at how clever Superman Redeemed was edited to be able to take 2 stinkers and make one good movie out of them.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    The Dark Knight Rises. Excellent film!

Snappy Threader
    Oddly, I just saw Masters of the Universe from 1987 for the first time. A local movie/music/figure store had it for 6.99 so I couldn't pass it up. Also saw MIB III. Good show. Haven't seen Batman or Spider-Man yet, I'm a tad behind the times. Trying to catch some older ones before they go out of theaters.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Serenity
    Awesome finalé to the shamefully cancelled series Firefly
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

At theater: Dark Knight Rises: I love it! It has some plot holes, it's not as good as TDK, but excellent movie! I even yield: "NOOO!" at the screen in the quite predictable "break through" scene.

At home: Lockout: I don't know why it was so loathed. I do really liked this film. It is a mix between B Class with a lot of an 80's sci-fi, quite cyber punk, movie. It is not a summer blockbuster but it is very enjoyable and quite well executed. Guy Pearce makes a great character and I don't see this movie to be worse than any Fast & Furious (I actually I think it is better) or any Resident Evil.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Robert Altman's 3 Women........i loved this film...very dream-like.
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Heroic Warrior
    Over the past months:
    The Avengers: for thje 7th and 10th times, such an outstanding movie.
    Prometheus: Such a unique and interesting prequel to the Alien saga.
    Cemetery Man on DVD: Great horror comedy i always loved since i was a teen, one of the best comic based movies.
    Amazing Spider-Man: Great reboot to the franchise and my dream came true as Lizard is finally in it, the sequel should be better.
    Batman Begins on blu-ray: Looks terrific in high def, a modern comic legend that takes the Batman mythos seriously.
    Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter: Not as good as the book but still fun.
    Dark Shadow: Enjoyable comical take on the classic show, Depp was hilarious as Barnabus.
    My Bloody Valentine (1981) on Blu-Ray: One of my favorite horror movies since i was a kid and now better uncut and looks decent on high def, Don Franckes was terrific in it.
    Brave: Very good Pixar movie and made up for Cars 2, Merida is cute i should say and has the old fashioned story sort of speak.
    Piranha 3DD: OK sequel to a great remake but this was messy at times but some fine chicks i should say.
    The Dark Knight on blu-ray: masterpiece, 'nuff said.
    The Dark Knight Rises: 4 times already even on opening night, kickass movie and a terrific finale in the series. Anne Hathaway was cute as Catwoman and looked outstanding, i always adored Catwoman for 23 years and Anne was sizzling as Catwoman/Selina. Tom Hardey was great as Bane and this movie will make me miss the series until the next reboot.
    Superman vs. Elite on Blu-Ray: Very good and almost better than JL Doom but not on par with some quality ones, this one has a Kim Possible quality on the designs which is kind of funny.
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; September 11, 2012 at 12:33pm.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    Mad Monkey Kung Fu (It's like a cross between the Jackie Chan movies & the Curly-era Three Stooges shorts.)
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

Brave, I cried a little. I can admit that, most Pixar movies drive home a good moral.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    I forgot to mention I watched Star Wars recently. I was depressed and my friends were cheering up (we also were celebrating my belated birthday). One of my friends has never seen Star Wars until then. She thought it was okay, though she thought Princess Leia was cool (she thought she was going to be a damsel in distress, but boy was she wrong). We all laughed when Han says "I don't care how bad it smells!" when Chewbacca refuses to go in the garbage chute.

Expendables on dvd
    Bourne Legacy at movie theater
    The Campaign at movie theater
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    21 Jump Street: Only watched the first 8 minutes and turned it off. It was bad.

Heroic Warrior
    Saw 2 docu's :

Ozzy Osbourne (made by his son , very good and informative)

Joe Spinell story (ditto)
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

The three stooges
    actually pretty good it combined well the old films with modern ettings (and I just loves when Moe let the Jersey shore cast have it lol!)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

The Raid.... AWESOME action movie
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    Saw 2 movies this week:

RV: Decided to watch this. It's a funny movie.

Lilo and Stitch: I missed the first 5 minutes of it. This is one of my favorite Disney films. Lilo actually reminds me of myself as a child because I was picked on a lot by other girls (and by boys). I find myself laughing in this movie. I like Stitch and Pleakley.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Saw Expendables 2 on Friday night!! It was ALOT of fun!! Not going to win any Oscars, but I could not stop smiling for the entirety of the movie. Freaking cool seeing Stallone fighting Van Damme!!!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    Saw Expendables 2 on Friday night!! It was ALOT of fun!! Not going to win any Oscars, but I could not stop smiling for the entirety of the movie. Freaking cool seeing Stallone fighting Van Damme!!!
    Same. It was a fun popcorn flick. Chuck Norris was awesome.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Expendables 2 for me, as well.

"After 5 agonizing days...... the cobra finally died."
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader, I think they've gotten better after th 1st movie, although I was a bit disappointed that Susan Pevensie won't have much of a role in the films to follow, if what I head about about C.S. believed of women is true, I hope the films decide to ignore that and find a new excuse to keep the her around (the actress who plays her is beautiful IMHO) They're such fun and colorful adventure stories (unlike Potter and Rings) that I can enjoy em' without the wink wink Jesus Lion overtones.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail