Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    From Beyond
    Barbara Crampton is HOT
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

saw captain america last night on dvd.. geez.. what a dozzzzzer

bad lonnnnnnnng dragged out boring film. he was great in the avengers

and now captain america 2 is coming?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    saw captain america last night on dvd.. geez.. what a dozzzzzer

bad lonnnnnnnng dragged out boring film. he was great in the avengers

and now captain america 2 is coming?
    I liked Captain America precisely because of the deliberate pacing and lack of fancy 21st editing... Felt nice and retro to me
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Lockout

Guy Pearce plays a wrongfully accused government agent who has a chance at freedom if he rescues the president's daughter from a maximum security prison in outer space...

Despite that plot synopsis, this is surprisingly a very entertaining action thriller. Guy Pearce is great as a wise cracking anti-hero. It's sort of a cheap thriller, but uses it's low budget very effectively.

Awesome rental.

V/H/S

This is a very low budget anthology of random found footage clips. Some are better than others, but all of them are a little creepy and pretty different from each other. Most of them are supernatural.

It's nothing high quality, but much more imaginative than your typical cash in found footage movie these days. I'd only see this if you enjoy the genre. And I would watch this at home with the lights off. It's going to be a better rental and big screen experience.

Not out in the states yet, but it's out there...

The Apparition

This was a bit of false advertising. The movie is supposed to be about making an entity or ghost appear if enough people truly believe in it. Well one experiment like that happens in the opening scene, but the rest of the movie is just about a couple being haunted and terrorized by that same entity.

It's pretty boring and awful. Nothing really happens or is ever explained, even though they try to, it falls horribly flat.

Avoid, avoid, avoid.

The Campaign

Caught this a few weeks ago. It's pretty funny. Will Ferrel is great in this role. Zach GalatheguyfromtheHangover is as well, but I'm not sure it needed an entire movie. The movie is a critique the political process, rather than the issues, but it might have been better as a series of vignettes aired by funnyordie rather than a story.

Does it have a liberal or conservative slant? Well it attacks the Koch brothers, but that's about it. Neither the Democratic or Republican candidate bring up any real issues or have any differences from each other.

Might be a good rental.

Heroic Warrior
    Bride of the Monster: This movie is so bad it's hilarious.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I got dragged to see The Possession and it was terrible. Paranormal Activity terrible. No horror, no suspense, no likable characters, a cookie cutter plot, and most of all, it was just boring to watch.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Saw "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" this weekend. It was cheesy, but pretty good.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Watched Congo and Tangled. Love Them both for very different reasons

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Heroic Warrior
    The Lorax: Very entertaining and funny movie.

- - - Updated - - -

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut: To be honest, South Park is my guilty pleasure. I wouldn't really watch this sort of thing, but I find the show funny (I love the Imagination Land trilogy). Though when they did the Aspergers episode it would have been funnier if they made fun of Autism Speaks. Anywho, I thought the songs were catchy and some parts funny.

Heroic Warrior
    The Dark Knight Rises--A very good way to end the trilogy, and they finally got Catwoman's backstory right.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

Wild, Wild Planet
    Deliriously insane Italian sci-fi movie from the 60's. Camp and incredibly tacky, but I absolutely LOVED IT!

Harry Potter marathon!

I cannot wait until The Wizards Collection is released!!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Harry Potter marathon!

I cannot wait until The Wizards Collection is released!!
    What will be on this that hasn't been previously available? I'd love some kind of mega-set, but only if it's worth getting a lot more than just the movies.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    What will be on this that hasn't been previously available? I'd love some kind of mega-set, but only if it's worth getting a lot more than just the movies.
    Harry Potter Wizard’s Collection Bonus Disc
    Nearly 4 hours of features including: All New! “The Harry Potters You Never Met” - Watch how thrilling stunts from the films were performed, and learn about the tricks behind the major stunts in the series.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 Bonus Disc
    Over 2 hours of features including: All New! “Creating the World of Harry Potter, Pt. 7: Story”

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 Bonus Disc
    Over 4 hours of features including: All New! “Creating the World of Harry Potter, Pt. 8: Growing Up” and All New! Extended “A Conversation with JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe” with 15 minutes of new footage.

Label Collection
    This 32 page, 5" x 7" perfect-bound collection of prop labels from the films was designed exclusively for this collection by MinaLima Design. The book includes labels from potions, memory vials, Honeydukes and Wheasley's Wheezes.

Harry Potter Catalogue of Artefacts
    This 48 page rigid book was created by MinaLima Design: Eduardo Lima, Miraphora Mina and Lauren Wakefield, former graphic designers on the Harry Potter films. Filled with their favorite props from the films designed in "shadow boxes," this stunning catalogue can only be found in the Harry Potter Wizard's Collection.

The magical film franchise is now available in a spectacular limited-edition collectible box set. The most comprehensive Harry Potter movie collection yet features all eight films, exclusive never-before-seen content and must-have memorabilia.

This new limited and numbered 31-disc collection contains all eight Harry Potter movies on Blu-ray, DVD and UltraViolet Digital Copy and more than 37 hours of special features including all previously released materials and more than 10 hours of new to disc bonus content, and 5 hours of never-before-seen material.In addition to the theatrical release of every film, the collection also includes the extended versions of Harry Potter and The Sorcerer’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets; and the 3D versions of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows –- Parts 1 and 2.

Disc 1: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Theatrical Version + Extended Version + Extra Content (Blu-ray)

Disc 2: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone Theatrical Version (DVD)

Disc 3: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Creating The World: The Magic Begins (Blu-ray)

Disc 4: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Disc 2 from the Special Edition (DVD)

Disc 5: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Theatrical Version + Extended Version + Extra Content (Blu-ray)

Disc 6: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Theatrical Version (DVD)

Disc 7: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Creating the World: Characters (Blu-ray)

Disc 8: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Disc 2 from the Special Edition (DVD)

Disc 9: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Theatrical Version (Blu-ray)

Disc 10: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban Theatrical Version (DVD)

Disc 11: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Creating the World: Creatures (Blu-ray)

Disc 12: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Disc 2 from the Special Edition (DVD)

Disc 13: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Theatrical Version (Blu-ray)

Disc 14: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Theatrical Version (DVD)

Disc 15: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Creating the World: Sound & Music (Blu-ray)

Disc 16: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Disc 2 from the Special Edition (DVD)

Disc 17: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Theatrical Version + Extra Content (Blu-ray)

Disc 18: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Theatrical Version (DVD)

Disc 19: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Creating the World: Evolution (Blu-ray)

Disc 20: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Theatrical Version + Extra Content (Blu-ray)

Disc 21: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Theatrical Version (DVD)

Disc 22: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Creating the World: Magical Effects + Extra Content (Blu-ray)

Disc 23: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 Theatrical Version + Extra Content (Blu-ray)

Disc 24: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 Theatrical Version (DVD)

Disc 25: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1, Creating the World: Story + Extra Content (Blu-ray)

Disc 26: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 (Blu-ray 3D)

Disc 27: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 Theatrical Version + Extra Content (Blu-ray)

Disc 28: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 Theatrical Version (DVD)

Disc 29: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2, Creating the World: Growing Up + Extra Content (Blu-ray)

Disc 30: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (Blu-ray 3D)

Disc 31: Wizard's Collection Exclusive Bonus Disc (Blu-ray)

$350.00 is a bit much, IMO, buuuuut...I'll have it! lol

Saw "Lawless" in the theater yesterday and enjoyed it.

Heroic Warrior
    Blood Diner: Who remembers this movie? sick and funny as hell horror gore comedy from 1987 with a cult following, i saw this movie when i was 12 on video and it grossed me out but found it amusing in some ways. It's like HG Lewis's classic blood feasts and the Tales from The Crypt story "What's Cooking" put together as it's about 2 cannibalistic brothers who resurrect their dead uncle's brain as they have to murder some people to appase a blood goddess and serve their bodies for lunch at their cafe for everyone to eat, if your looking for a fun comical gore-bath i recommend this movie. Nice way to start the Halloween season now.

Fritz The Cat and Nine Lives of Fritz The Cat: Two sleazy fun cult classics from Ralph Bakshi although he did not do the sequel but are nice adapations of Robert Crumbs classic comics, and who thinks these 2 movies are responsible for the furry fandom? if you heard of that fandom. I happen to be a furry myself for 27 years since i had a crush on Cleo on Heathcliff and Cheetara on Thundercats to Katrina on He-Man and i should say that these are quite influential and funny animated comedies, the first movie was the world's first X-rated animated movie.

Psycho (1960) on Blu-Ray: what can i say? my all time fave horror movie since i was 5 when i rented it on video and it looks awesome in high def.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) on blu-ray: Awesome movie that scared the hell out of me when i was 5 when my brother rented it and this has been a personal fave since and a true masterpiece, it also looks terrific in high def and Leatherface is scary as ever. I like how it doesn't rely on it's misleading title as there's no gore shown like in the sequels, remake and prequel and more on psychological fear.

Freaked: a great movie for halloween season viewing as it's a fun live-action cartoon of a film from Alex Winter.

Maniac (1980) on blu-ray: looks and sounds nice on high def, this is an unpleasant and stomach churning shocker with nice make-up by Tom Savini including the memorable exploding head sequence, this shocked me when i was 11 when i rented it and knows how to chill the bone too.
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; September 11, 2012 at 01:13pm.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Raiders of teh Lost Ark IMAX. Best movie I have seen all year in theaters.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Song of the South: I watched it to see what the deal was. I thought this was a really charming movie. I love the live-action and animation concept in this film (back before computers existed). I think banning this movie is unfair to those who worked hard on this wonderful picture. Whoever finds this racist and not the movies these days must be either blind or just downright stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Blood Diner: Who remembers this movie? sick and funny as hell horror gore comedy from 1987 with a cult following, i saw this movie when i was 12 on video and it grossed me out but found it amusing in some ways. It's like HG Lewis's classic blood feasts and the Tales from The Crypt story "What's Cooking" put together as it's about 2 cannibalistic brothers who resurrect their dead uncle's brain as they have to murder some people to appase a blood goddess and serve their bodies for lunch at their cafe for everyone to eat, if your looking for a fun comical gore-bath i recommend this movie. Nice way to start the Halloween season now.

Fritz The Cat and Nine Lives of Fritz The Cat: Two sleazy fun cult classics from Ralph Bakshi although he did not do the sequel but are nice adapations of Robert Crumbs classic comics, and who thinks these 2 movies are responsible for the furry fandom? if you heard of that fandom. I happen to be a furry myself for 27 years since i had a crush on Cleo on Heathcliff and Cheetara on Thundercats to Katrina on He-Man and i should say that these are quite influential and funny animated comedies, the first movie was the world's first X-rated animated movie.

Psycho (1960) on Blu-Ray: what can i say? my all time fave horror movie since i was 5 when i rented it on video and it looks awesome in high def.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) on blu-ray: Awesome movie that scared the hell out of me when i was 5 when my brother rented it and this has been a personal fave since and a true masterpiece, it also looks terrific in high def and Leatherface is scary as ever. I like how it doesn't rely on it's misleading title as there's no gore shown like in the sequels, remake and prequel and more on psychological fear.

Freaked: a great movie for halloween season viewing as it's a fun live-action cartoon of a film from Alex Winter.

Maniac (1980) on blu-ray: looks and sounds nice on high def, this is an unpleasant and stomach churning shocker with nice make-up by Tom Savini including the memorable exploding head sequence, this shocked me when i was 11 when i rented it and knows how to chill the bone too.
    all great movies man!!!
    Ahh i gotta nab that Psycho on bluray!
    Maniac is one of my favs... ever see the New York Ripper...another Savini classic... ?? great gore stuff!!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Master of New Adventures!
    RUDY. 1 A.M. and flipping just before I was going to bed and there it is. Sheesh!

Boy, goes it ever hold up.

Heroic Warrior
    Titanic (1997): A great film done better in high definition and the picture looks and sounds sharp as hell with quality remastering.

More halloween time viewing:
    REC 3: Saw this at one of my city's theaters and such an improvement over part 2, a fun and delightful blood-infested sequel that feels like Dead Alive (aka Braindead at times.
    V/H/S: Excellent found footage horror anthology, feels fresh and unique and in theaters now.
    Creepshow on blu-ray: my second fave horror movie ever, this is what got me into horror since i was 4 when my bigger brother rented it on video and is an all time fave.
    Creepshow 2: Underrated sequel but has a reasonable cult following, i saw this 3 times in theaters when i was 5 years old and it did creeped me out when i first saw it but still an amusing sequel.
    The Thing (2011) on blu-ray: Underrated prequel to Carpenter's masterpiece, i saw it 4 times in theaters last year and i loved it.
    The Thing (1982) on blu-ray: a sci-fi horror masterpiece that looks and sounds great in high def, my fourth fave sci-fi and horror movie ever. By far the most faithful adaptation of the story "Who Goes There" by John Campbell more than 1951's version.
    Misery on blu-ray: Awesome psychological horror thriller that never fails to send chills down my spine, i saw it 4 times in theaters when i was a kid.
    I Spit on Your Grave (1978) on blu-ray: disgusting cult horror movie that made me sick the first time i saw this when i was 14 when i rented it on video as that 24 minute gang rape sequence was too much for me as i felt naussated as it was hard to watch and the castration sequence made me turn green as i nearly puked my lunch but still hard to watch this movie is.
    Critters: Who remembers this cool and fun cult sci-fi horror movie? stars Billy Zane, Scott Grimes and Billy Green Bush with the ET mom Dee Wallace Stone and it's a tribute to 50's sci-fi movies and EC horror comics with Gremlins elements in it with nice special effects especially the kick-ass special effect of the bounty hunter Ug turning into the rock singer, i saw this 3 times in theaters when i was a kid.
    Critters 2: I also saw this 2 times in theaters when i was a kid and loved it, almost better than part 1 with more effects, more action, some emotion, a nice score and that kickbutt memorable moment where the other bounty hunter turns into a really hot nude playboy model and i had a crush on her when i was a kid.

~The Lorax
    ~Girl in Progress
    ~6 Bullets

Premium Rush

This is one of those movies that is far better than it has any right to be. The first *** moment is that there's a trailer out with Joseph Gordon Levitt in this movie and the second is that it's getting positive reviews. So I was curious and checked it out.

The movie takes place in a universe where there's a serious bike messenger culture in New York city, a culture that looks after each other and risk their bodies every second on the job. They are the best methods of delivery as they fly through traffic dodging traffic, people, and the random dangers in New York City. JGL plays Wylie, someone who dropped out of law school because he couldn't ever settle down sitting in an office for the rest of his life. He rides without breaks fast as possible and that makes him the best at what he does.

One day he gets in trouble delivering a really important package that a very dangerous and dirty cop wants to get a hold of, played incredibly well by Michael Shannon. This guy is going to be great as General Zod if he was this good in a bike messenger movie.

The movie is really fun, fast paced, most of it taking place on a bike with the scenery of New York. JGL and Michael Shannon are really good. Give this a chance for funny action movie.

The Possession

Another summer horror movie. This is basically the Jewish Exorcist.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan plays a divorced father who shares the custody of his two daughters. One day they go a garage sale and one of his girls buys a mysterious locked box with strange writing on it. Pretty soon she starts acting weird along with strange events taking place in the house. Turns out the box is a prison for evil spirits used in Judaism. The daughter gets possessed.

Well it's not a great movie or very good, but the Jeffrey Dean Morgan performance saves most of it. A lot of the movie is a setup for the exorcism and the creepy moments are few, but overall it's a decent movie, for a rental.

Bachelorette

This is probably closer to the "female Hangover" than Bridesmaids since it's about a bachelorette party in Vegas where things get way out of control.

The bride to be is played by Rebel Wilson, who I think will become a big name the next few months. She's the fat chick in her foursome of old high school best friends. I really like her dead pan comedic timing, but she actually has the least amount of screen time and the only normal one of the group.

Her three friends are the bridesmaids who are actually just really horrible and unlikable people. Kirsten Dunst is the maid of honor and a huge *****. This is actually very entertaining to watch, she's great at this. Isla Fisher is the dumb sexy slutty red head who is high and drunk all the time. Lizzy Caplan is a bitter mean girl.

The three women decide to do coke the night before the wedding and ruin the wedding dress and the rest of the night is spent trying to fix it in the middle of the night.

The movie is a big pile of hit and miss. The three bridesmaids have moments of comedic greatness, but they are very mean spirited and stay that way til the end. The plot is kind of whatever, mostly focused on celebrating bad behavior.

I don't know the movie was entertaining because of the cast, but not really something I'd recommend unless you really like the cast.

Resident Evil: Retribution

5th installment of the long lasting video game franchise. They've actually all been consistently good except for part 3, if you find this type of movie entertaining.

Alice is captured by the Umbrella Corporation after the events of the last movie. She's being held captive in an underground testing facility where Umbrella simulates different environments to test out their biological weapons (zombies and monsters)
    This time Wesker has left Umbrella and is actually helping out Alice's escape, claiming to want to help the human race now with her help.

Another home run in the series. Part three looked to be the end of the franchise. Part four brought it back and this sets up more sequels. The fun part about this movie is that it's the closest one to actually looking and feeling like a video game. The simulations are straight out of old school shooter games where you walk down a long hallway or city streets shooting zombies.

Plot? Same old. Don't look for one. Lots of unanswered questions about the events of the last movie, but it doesn't matter. It comes down to Alice saving humanity. Michelle Rodriguez and the Red Queen from the first film are back.

Good stuff, worth the 3D.

Arbitrage

Richard Gere is a billionaire hedge fund CEO who has hedged his bets too far and is commiting accounting fraud to survive an audit and merger. Meanwhile he accidently kills the woman he's having an affair with by falling asleep while driving. He leaves the scene of the crime, making it look like he was never there.

Now he has to avoid getting caught for two seperate crimes.

This is a really good small time thriller. Richard Gere's performance is great, even though he commits both crimes, he's not really evil or good, just desperate and greedy. Susan Sarandon and Tim Roth are excellent as well.

The movie visually looks really good, you can smell the dirt and money, but also has the look of an 80's Wallstreet. It's nothing original, but the performances and execution deliver a home run.

The Avengers arrived in the post on Blu-Ray yesterday and looks as awesome as ever. Already watched it twice

Heroic Warrior
    Resident Evil Retributation: Above average entry in the series but it did had shooting zombies which was cool and a homage to Umberto Lenzi's "Nightmare City (aka City of the Walking Dead)".

Street Trash: awesome special effects gore-fest horror dark comedy in the troma mould and a cult classic about street bums who buy a banned brand of liquor that makes them literally melt or explode, recommended. Loved this since i was 10.
    Videodrome on blu-ray: an 80s sci-fi horror classic never looks and sounds nice in high def, been a personal fave of mine since i was in junior high when i rented it and Cronenberg is an artist. Rick Baker's make-up effects are very effective and icky but this is a cererbral and dark film i should say that is not for all tastes but a classic no doubt.
    Nosferatu (1922): one of the best horror films ever, a silent masterpiece that knows how to creep the audience out of their skin.
    The Nightmare Before Christmas on blu-ray: a 90s animated masterpiece that looks flawless in high def and the sound too, i saw this 4 times in theaters when it first came out at 12 and loved it, too bad it became a Hot Topic poster child but later it outgrew it and became merchandise at Disney parks, still a great halloween time film.
    Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer on blu-ray: Absolutely horrific and realistic shocker! i saw this when i was 14 when i heard about it in movie review books and magazines like Fangoria as i decided to rent it, oh my god it shocked me and gave me some nightmares. This one is based on actual crimes of Henry Lee Lucas and quite a realistic movie that it spawned controversy, but still a masterpiece of the horror genre.
    Sucker Punch extended cut on blu-ray: This is the cut that should have made it into theaters, such a fun sleek and sexy fantasy-action-drama that is like Labyrinth, Brazil, Heavy Metal, Return to Oz and Adventures of Baron Munchausen blended together, fine ladies and odd story with nice visuals.
    Parents: Creepy and darkly funny horror comedy with Randy Quaid about what the title says and the secrets of dinner.