Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I just watched Prometheus again.

I still don't get it....
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I can't stand Keanu Reeves in this movie.
    He's all right. They could have done better, but they also could have done a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by redsquadron View Post
    Can't stand the film, full stop. It turned the gothic terror of the book into a romantic fantasy... It looked sumptuous, but was as scary as my cat.
    I absolutely love it. Sure, they put romance into it, but it is the closest thing we are ever going to get to the original book since the book is pretty much just a bunch of letters and journal entries. In fact, that is one of the things I love about the movie, how they kept that aspect in it. Nevertheless, the cinematography, set designs, costumes are all fantastic, as is Gary Oldman. No one has ever touched his level of performance from Dracula, as when I think of Dracula, he is what I see.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post

I still don't get it....
    What is there to not get? Scientists go to alien planet, run into crazy ****, die.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'm actually reading Dracula for the first time and I've also been thinking about how well the Coppola version did in adapting the book into movie form. I've seen quite a few versions film versions of Dracula but at this point in the book, Coppola's version seems to best fit the tone of the book.

Yesterday evening I finished watching A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors. I really, really liked the movie. It had a nice way of bringing back Nancy from the first film and was just a fun movie overall. Not sure it was very frightening, but it definitely had that 80's teamwork vibe to it with lots of high fiving which is always cheesy fun. I really liked it though.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Creepshow 2. Not as memorable as the first one, but really dug the animated segements in between everything.

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    Creepshow 2. Not as memorable as the first one, but really dug the animated segements in between everything.
    I love both Creepshows. Such fun movies!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I love both Creepshows. Such fun movies!
    Totally! Trying to get my Netflix Halloween groove on!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    Loved the first one since i was 4 as it got me hooked into horror and i saw the sequel in theaters when i was 5 years old about 3 times as i dug as much as the original, the lake slime was creepy as was the hitcher plus the Chief when he came to life scared me.

The Curse of Frankenstein: Classic Hammer horror, dug this since i was a kid when i saw it on TV and Peter Cushing is one of the best horror actors ever.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Average entry but broke some of the rules for Freddy, i did saw this in theaters when i was 4 and felt disappointed as it was just ok but grew up and never knew there were strange overtones in it.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: a vast improvement and written/produced by Freddy creator Wes Craven as it ignores the last one and continues a few years after the first movie as this one delivers great special effects, shocks and of course there was a really hot nurse but too bad it turned out to be Freddy in disguise. Lawrence Fishburne and John Saxton with Heather Langenkamp star in it, i saw this in theaters when i was a kid 3 times and dug it, the soundtrack is great too and so is the twist in the end.

Friday The 13th part 4 the Final Chapter: this was meant to be the final story for Jason as he was really killed in the end, Barry Cohen did a fine script here and has terrific make-up by Tom Savini, Corey Feldman stars in this one.

Let The Right One In on blu-ray: One of the best horror movies of the last decade and a true masterpiece! this Swedish import took the world by surprise and a very refeshing vampire story including growing up in the 80s as it's a sad and dark film with drama elements with good acting. The US version was very well done but not as close as this movie.

The Funhouse on blu-ray: MY GOD it looks and sounds fantastic in high def, i saw this movie on video when i was 6 and thought it was scary. This is an enjoyable slasher romp from Tobe Hooper with great make-up effects by Tom Savini, recommended to slasher buff.

Terror Train on blu-ray: Scream/Shout Factory surprises again with giving us good quality blu-rays/DVDs on horror movies, this one is no exception. I always liked this Jamie Lee Curtis starring slasher gem since i was 6 as well when i rented it and one of my fave slasher films ever, check it out.

C.H.U.D.: Really fun cult 80s sci-fi horror shocker about toxic waste in New York's sewers that mutates the homeless into freaks that eat and kill people, stars Daniel Stern with Kim Griest and John Candy with John Heard. Enjoyed this since i was a kid as well, this is one for monster lovers.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    What is there to not get? Scientists go to alien planet, run into crazy ****, die.
    I get that. I guess I have a bunch of "whys". The alien at the beginning who drinks the stuff then disintegrates in the water - what's up with that? Why does David keep trying to sabotage stuff? Why is the alien so ****** off and attack everyone when he wakes up? Stuff like that.

Don't get me wrong. Its a cool movie and I like it. Just a lot of "why the hell did that happen" moments.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

I get that. I guess I have a bunch of "whys". The alien at the beginning who drinks the stuff then disintegrates in the water - what's up with that?
    He was probably a prisoner or a sacrifice. Either way, he created human life.

Why does David keep trying to sabotage stuff?
    Because he can.

Why is the alien so ****** off and attack everyone when he wakes up? Stuff like that.

Don't get me wrong. Its a cool movie and I like it. Just a lot of "why the hell did that happen" moments.
    He probably went crazy from the cryo sleep.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Heroic Warrior
    The Horror of Dracula on TCM
    "These are the days of high adventure"

Just watched Nightmare on Elm Street 4 last night. I didn't like it as well as 3, but it was still enjoyable. Perhaps a bit creepier than 3 in parts.

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Chaplin: A really wonderful movie based off of Charlie Chaplin. I want to watch his movies now.

Freddy VS Jason: Oddly enough, after rewatching this bizarre fan boy mash up or 2 iconic 1980s slasher legends, I came to appreciate it all the more. The cast of relative unknowns made for great killing fodder. The mix of classic special effects and CGI aged well (considering its almost 10 years old now) and as I'm familiar with both franchises, I can honestly say the team that put this one together did a decent job. It felt like a good update, with the right proportions of gore and cheese of the original films. Its not going to change your life, but its a great Halloween flick.

The Sitter: Unfunny. Shameful. Boring. It felt like a smutty, soulless poorly written "Adventures In Babysitting". It tried to be 'hip' and 'relevant with 'texting' and "Facebook' jokes, and every joke made use of the word F ____ or B____ or male genitalia. Its a brand of humor that just isn't even funny because its so boring and formulaic. "Insert random cuss word here, stitch a few words together, another random cuss word" awkward pause, "cuss" pause "cuss". It tried to save face by having a preachy, poignant scene with the kids, but its completely lost. It is the worst kind of writing. I actually felt dumber after watching it, and I'm baffled as to where the money comes from for projects like this to be given green light.

Mansome Normally I like quirky documentaries that have more light hearted subjects. I found this one boring, dry and lacking of any particularly interesting incites.

Hugo: A surprisingly good family movie that had a completely different twist than what I had been expecting. A not so typical adventure story. Lovely cinematography, great special effects, and at the end of the movie, I felt it was time well spent. I would highly recommend this if you have children, and want them to experience something magical. So take away their iphones and their Angry Birds for 2 hours and let them dream.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; October 21, 2012 at 01:58am.

Goldeneye - A really good movie, and a great starter for Brosnan. It isn't anywhere near my top choices of Bond movies, but it is definitely far from the bottom. I really like Sean Bean in it, but it just seems odd having a Bond movie that does not really utilize his signature theme song. Outside of one scene, I do not recall hearing even a remixed version of it at all.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post

Hugo: A surprisingly good family movie that had a completely different twist than what I had been expecting. A not so typical adventure story. Lovely cinematography, great special effects, and at the end of the movie, I felt it was time well spent. I would highly recommend this if you have children, and want them to experience something magical. So take away their iphones and their Angry Birds for 2 hours and let them dream.
    That's how I feel about it too.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar

I still don't get it....
    Which part? It all worked out fine to me (apart from the bits that were deliberately vague of course)

Just watched Castle of the Walking Dead, a cool & colourful Euro-horror starring Christopher Lee and the stunning Karin Dor, then Horrible Dr. Hitchcock
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

Not sure what it is called but it is about this talking horse that has a horn on its head, she is very lonely because all her friends decided to go swimming and didn't invite her. So she runs away to join a circus where she meet a nice young man with a strange desire to wear a pointy hat and a blue dress. But she is still upset that her friends just dumped her so to spite them she turns into a human and moves into a castle with a young prince and his charming old man where they spend each night drinking wine with a really skinny bloke who for some reason likes to sleep on top of an old clock which they mix with copious amounts of red bull.

Or something like that
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Not sure what it is called but it is about this talking horse that has a horn on its head, she is very lonely because all her friends decided to go swimming and didn't invite her. So she runs away to join a circus where she meet a nice young man with a strange desire to wear a pointy hat and a blue dress. But she is still upset that her friends just dumped her so to spite them she turns into a human and moves into a castle with a young prince and his charming old man where they spend each night drinking wine with a really skinny bloke who for some reason likes to sleep on top of an old clock which they mix with copious amounts of red bull.

Or something like that
    Man, I love "Blade Runner" such a good movie.

Heroic Warrior

Or something like that
    That's the Last Unicorn, which is made by Rankin-Bass (the same studio that did Thundercats, The Hobbit, Mad Monster Party, and 99% of the Christmas specials that come on every year).

Tomorrow Never Dies - Pretty good movie as it felt different form the others. It was nice to have a villain that was just a journalist who went too power hungry instead of some highly trained terrorist. The action scenes are pretty good, as is the music. Not as good as Goldeneye, but definitely an enjoyable one.

The World is Not Enough - What can I say here? The movie starts out with an excellent prologue, has one of my favorite theme songs, but then it just keeps getting worse as it goes along. Not to mention they chose one of the worst actresses out there to play the Bond girl in this movie, with one of the most ridiculous names that is not even funny. Not as bad as Moonraker or Die Another Day, but it is by far one of the worst Bond movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Psycho - Amazing movie, just down right amazing. It has great acting, excellent dialog, and an incredible score. Not to mention the pacing, camera angles, and suspense are incredible.

Friday night I watched Creature from the Black Lagoon, one of the few classic Universal films I hadn't seen. Pretty good overall.

Last night I want and saw Paranormal Activity 4. I enjoyed it, but I don't think it was as good or as scary as the others in the series. Still fun, though.

"We have a Ram-Man"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...

Or something like that
    I knew you'd come around to liking Star Wars, wolfer!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Silent Hill - I absolutely love this movie because it is just like the games. It has the same music, camera angles, locations, and other nods to the games, making it the best video game movie ever. I know there are those who did not care for it for whatever reason, but being a huge fan of the first three games, it gives me exactly what I would expect from Silent Hill.

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    I get that. I guess I have a bunch of "whys". The alien at the beginning who drinks the stuff then disintegrates in the water - what's up with that?
    That's how Engineers seed life on planets, by breaking down their own DNA to create new life.

Why does David keep trying to sabotage stuff?
    He's under orders find something, anything that will extend Weyland's life at any cost. That's why he infects Holloway with the 'black goo'; because he needs to know what it is. The fact that the black goo actually mutates & drives insane the people infected was 'unforseen' (as was Shaw's pregnancy)

Why is the alien so ****** off and attack everyone when he wakes up? Stuff like that.
    Because he was part of the crew that set off 2000 years beforehand to wipe out humanity. For reasons so far undisclosed, the Engineers created us, then changed their minds and decided to destroy us with the vases of black goo. But, the goo escaped before they could take off.

One theory as to why they want humans dead is that 'Jesus' (a "prophet from the heavens") was an Engineer sent to check on our progress, and we in our ignorance nailed him a cross. We murdered an Engineer, and that's why they hate us. There are clues to support this: Their ship was due to take off 2000 years ago, the fim is set at Christmas, and Elizabeth Shaw's religion plays a large role in the film. But, it's just a theory...
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

If the Engineers wanted us dead to begin with. There is nothing to state they were going to do that. They could have been going to Earth just to check up on things.

My theory is that the sacrifice at the beginning of the movie was actually a prisoner being executed and he ended up creating humans in the process. It could have been that the Engineers were going to wipe out humanity because they spawned from a condemned man, and as such, they themselves are condemned.