Page 31 of 44 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

The Last Stand

One of the most dangerous cartel leaders needs to get transferred to a maximum security prison and he uses all his resources to escape while on the run from the F.B.I. He has a hostage and one of the world's fastest cars. On his route to Mexico, he has to go through one last town armed only with a small law enforcement and that's where a big stand off takes place.

What looks like a cheap pay day for Arnold is surprisingly a very entertaining movie. The cast is decent with Arnold playing an aging war veteran sheriff, Luiz Guzman and Johnny Knoxville providing the comedy, and a little bit of Forrest Whitaker, but the strength of the movie is actually the fast paced action. There's never a dull moment. It's basically a modern western.

Despite how it looks, it's worth a watch.

Watchmen (The Ultimate Cut)

I really liked the Watchmen film, didn't love it. I started watching it again recently and really liked it, again. I decided to finally watch the uncut and extended edition.

Once you watch the ultimate cut, I don't think you can go back and watch the theatrical release. They wove in the actual Black Freighter storyline in animated form voiced by Gerard Butler and it's fantastic. In the actual storyline, they added lots of interesting extra and extended scenes that really make the film much more interesting, including all the scenes between the news stand guy and kid reading the comics, and tons of extra interactions between the characters that explain why they react the way they do around each other.

I think this is a fine piece of work by Snyder when watching the entire thing. Unlike 300, he had to take a lot more liberties with the source material, but I think he pulled it off. I would have given Jackie Earle Haley an Oscar nom for his performance. Extremely memorable. Ozymandius could have been portrayed a bit better, but the ending he chose to change worked really well.

Warm Bodies

This takes place in the zombie apocalypse. A plague broke out and turned humans into zombies. One military leader built a giant wall to separate what's left of the human race into a quarantined area.

The movie takes a different approach to the whole genre. It's from the point of view of the zombies, one unique zombie in particular who still has some shred of humanity left. After he meets a human he likes, his humanity slowly starts to creep back and it's a catalyst for change between zombies and humans. There are also two types of zombies. The regular ones who have a shred of humanity left, but are dying and the skeletal looking ones who are dead and just animals who want to feed on the human race.

Despite looking like another Twilight, the movie is surprisingly good and funny. It's sort of a zombie Wall-E meets Romeo and Juliette. It's a fresh and unique take on the genre and I recommend it.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    300 - It has been a few years since I watched this movie and to be honest, the more I watch it, the less I like it. The visuals are great, some of the dialog is great, the music rocks, but the movie itself is just meh overall. I feel it would have worked better as a 75 minute direct to video animated feature rather than a 2 hour live action movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Prometheus - I finally watched my BD that I got for Xmas and I was kind of worried at first that I was not going to find it as good as I did in theaters. Fortunately, I loved it even more. In fact, I never realized how many references there were to Lawrence of Arabia until now (since I watched the movie for the first time a few weeks ago). I still think this movie is awesome and the people that did not like it just did not get it.

Oh, I also watched the deleted scenes and I definitely think there were a few that should have been in the movie. Some of them, I can see why they were removed, as a few either contradict later scenes or were pointless. However, the scene between the captain and Vickers should have been in there, along with the added dialog between David and the Engineer (along with the last two altered scenes).
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Went to see Django Unchained last night really enjoyed it but it was a little different to what I was expecting.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Dark Knight Returns : Part 2 - Enjoyed the Joker's voice actor more then I thought, and was surprised they didn't try replacing Ronald Reagan with a vague President stand-in. As a fan of the comic for half of my life so far, really loved both movies as a whole, and glad there was just a handful of major changes. The only real nitpick I had was if they were sticking to this being an alternate version of the 80's, to not make the televsion reports look so HD

Looking forward to :"Superman Unbound" (though I wish they stuck with "Superman : Brainiac" as a title), so-so about "Flashpoint" being a fim.

I hope they don't can Flashpoint the same way they did with Judas Contract. Of course, they'll probably just make Flash a secondary character and have it star Batman and Superman.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Master of New Adventures!
    MOON OVER PARADOR. Great storyline, Dreyfuss is hilarious, but Raul Julia steals the show. A thoroughly fun pop-corn rental flick to enjoy with someone you love.

Hansel & Gretel:Witch Hunters ~ not bad at all, i'm a fan of J.Renner and Gemma is a bit of eye candy. I remember thinking how Famke looked unrecognisable under that witch make-up! I wanted to see a bit more of Edward (the Troll) though, intriguing character...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    My wife and I went to see Bullet To The Head and we liked it. There was a plot, plenty of action and some funny scenes tossed it. Wish Stargate: Atlantis had never been cancelled because I like Jason Momoa as an actor. Not a big fan of his being cast as a villian now, but he really does a good job portraying one nasty dude.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I want to see Bullet To The Head. Nice to hear it's enjoyable.
    Who has the Power?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Merman's Head View Post
    I want to see Bullet To The Head. Nice to hear it's enjoyable.
    I suggest finding it soon, like The Last Stand (which we liked as well) it's not faring well in box office sales, which is a pity.

Master of New Adventures!
    Prometheus? Yeah. You're right. I guess I just don't get...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    300 - It has been a few years since I watched this movie and to be honest, the more I watch it, the less I like it. The visuals are great, some of the dialog is great, the music rocks, but the movie itself is just meh overall. I feel it would have worked better as a 75 minute direct to video animated feature rather than a 2 hour live action movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Prometheus - I finally watched my BD that I got for Xmas and I was kind of worried at first that I was not going to find it as good as I did in theaters. Fortunately, I loved it even more. In fact, I never realized how many references there were to Lawrence of Arabia until now (since I watched the movie for the first time a few weeks ago). I still think this movie is awesome and the people that did not like it just did not get it.

Oh, I also watched the deleted scenes and I definitely think there were a few that should have been in the movie. Some of them, I can see why they were removed, as a few either contradict later scenes or were pointless. However, the scene between the captain and Vickers should have been in there, along with the added dialog between David and the Engineer (along with the last two altered scenes).

Snappy Threader
    Just saw Movie 43! Very funny movie. Immature humor, but quite hilarious if you are in to that sort of thing.

Fifth Element - It has been a couple of years since I watched this movie and while I still love it, it does wear off a little after each viewing. It is so fun though with some good music and concepts. I always like to think of this movie as the perfect Final Fantasy based movie due to the four stones and how the main menace is just some random object they have to take out at the last second.

Heroic Warrior
    Taken 2. Not as good as the first one, but I enjoyed the film.

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    Recently watched Mimic, Rosemary's Baby, and Mouse Hunt. Mimic is a wild movie, very freaky. Rosemary's Baby was definitely ahead of it's time for sure, very good. Mouse Hunt is jjust straight out funny as hell, just awesome.

Watched Ted and Premium Rush from Red Box this weekend. Both were pretty good movies.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

The Wife and I caught Warm Bodies last weekend. I am a Zombie buff so I rather enjoyed it. Reminded me of the Little Mermaid, but with a dude... and with zombies... and live-action.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    tonight I watched the old 1983 B movie Krull.
    wow I didn't remember anything other than the cyclops in the movie.
    I cant say I liked watching it. what I did like was the nostalgia of it & that it helped me understand the fantasy stuff that was going on in the early 80s.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I just watched Dredd and Mib III. Both were good movies--Dredd was much more serious and realistic (as much as it can be) than The Stallone version. Mib III was pretty good, --Josh Groban was uncanny as a younger agent K and the ending was surpisingly touching

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    --Josh Groban was uncanny as a younger agent K and the ending was surpisingly touching
    I believe you meant Josh Brolin, somehow I don't see Groban pulling off a good Tommy Lee Jones LOL

Saw Argo and was entertained!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Went and saw Snitch and really enjoyed it.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

An M.Night Shyamalan double-shot... Unbreakable and Signs.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I just saw Jack the Giant Slayer on Monday evening. It was ok. It had some parts I really liked but I think it never quite got to where it needed to be to truly be epic.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I had to watch Forest Gump for a collegiate assignment. I can't believe anybody would willingly watch that garbage

I need to fire up Redakai and erase this from my brain, ASAP. But first I need to write an analysis report
    Last edited by Phil.Pastel; March 8, 2013 at 09:54pm.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."