Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 776 to 800 of 1065

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

  1. #776
    Evil Master of Warcraft
    GeologyMule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Knoxvegas, TN
    Posts
    5,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I had to watch Forest Gump for a collegiate assignment. I can't believe anybody would willingly watch that garbage
    What makes you say that?

    I watched Oz the Great and Powerful. It was fun.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

    Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980


  2. #777
    Plundor Promoter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,108
    Took the Mrs. and our son to see Oz The Great and Powerful today. Movie got off to a pretty slow start but got better towards the end. Not bad and the 3D was good, but still wasn't quite what I was expecting. Preview for Iron Man 3 and that new Tom Cruise/Morgan Freeman movie both looked very promising as well!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I had to watch Forest Gump for a collegiate assignment. I can't believe anybody would willingly watch that garbage

    I need to fire up Redakai and erase this from my brain, ASAP. But first I need to write an analysis report
    Forest Gump is an amazing movie full of a ton of pop culture references and an awesome soundtrack to boot. I can't believe there are people who didn't like it!

  3. #778
    Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Posts
    2,507
    Wife and I saw Oz, The Great and Powerful and we really liked it. 3D was done well, and it was nice to see the Land of Oz brought to life once more.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

  4. #779
    Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,671
    Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I watched Oz the Great and Powerful. It was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Took the Mrs. and our son to see Oz The Great and Powerful today. Movie got off to a pretty slow start but got better towards the end. Not bad and the 3D was good, but still wasn't quite what I was expecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Wife and I saw Oz, The Great and Powerful and we really liked it. 3D was done well, and it was nice to see the Land of Oz brought to life once more.
    Taking my wife to go see it today as she is a huge Oz buff. Can't wait!
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

    WE can do this together because.....

    EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

  5. #780
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Forest Gump is an amazing movie full of a ton of pop culture references and an awesome soundtrack to boot. I can't believe there are people who didn't like it!

    Well, no surprises here. Outside of religion, you and I haven't agreed on much
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  6. #781
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Oz - The Not So Great or Powerful:

    We just got back from seeing Oz and I didn't hate it, but I don't care if I ever see it again. Fortunately, it is no where near the insult to our intelligence like Dark Shadows and John Carter were last year. First off, I liked how the movie started out in black and white with a 4x3 picture with some of the effects flying across the black bars. That was well done and then when the movies goes into full 16x9 color, the effects were incredible. We ended up seeing it on the IMAX 3D due to Fandango's showtimes screw up, but it turned out to be worth it. It is by far the best looking 3D since Prometheus. There were some really great one liners and I liked how the final "battle" was done.

    However, the acting in the movie was atrocious, especially from Mina Kunis, who I thought was insulting the audience with every line of dialog she said. It was like she did not even care about the movie and just did it for a paycheck. James Franco was no different than every other character he has played in every movie, as no matter what he sees, he looks stoned. This guy has about as much emotion as Vin Diesel. Glenda was probably the worst character in the whole movie though as she was just your standard "I'm a good girl who believes in you" characters. Lastly, while I did like Elfman's score, a lot of it sounded like he just took it out of the second Spider-Man movie (plus, there were A LOT of cameos from actors in the Spider-Man Duology.

    Finally, I'm not sure what it is, but Disney seems to have no grasp of what to do with the stories. It's like they have come to the conclusion that they need to Lord of the Rings everything like they have with Oz, Alice in Wonderland, and John Carter, or just go over the top as they have with Dark Shadows and soon to be The Lone Ranger. In fact, The Long Ranger looks down right awful to the point that not even Johnny Depp will be able to save it. What happened to him? He used to be great at any and everything he did, did what he wanted to do, and now, it is as if Disney owns his soul.

    Overall, the movie was worth seeing in theaters, and I do recommend seeing it in 3D, if that is your thing. If not, you'll probably be fine just watching it on BD when it comes out. I'd give it a 2.5/5.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    T
    Forest Gump is an amazing movie full of a ton of pop culture references and an awesome soundtrack to boot. I can't believe there are people who didn't like it!
    It is a good movie, but vastly inferior to Shawshank Redemption, which should have won the best picture award for that year.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  7. #782
    Plundor Promoter He-Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    4,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    It is a good movie, but vastly inferior to Shawshank Redemption, which should have won the best picture award for that year.
    I agree with you there completely!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Well, no surprises here. Outside of religion, you and I haven't agreed on much
    LOL, actually....there are less movies I DON'T like than one I do. I'm easily amused by cinema and usually find something redeeming in everything I watch......well, except "The Artist".....I couldn't find anything good about it except the fact it eventually ended.

  8. #783
    Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,671
    Saw Oz the Great and Powerful today. It started out kind of slow, but overall my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

    WE can do this together because.....

    EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

  9. #784
    Old Man Jack Rhanen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Eternian Pampas
    Posts
    1,654
    I saw Zero Dark Thirty and IMHO, it is a terrible movie. It is not better than Green Zone, The Kingdom or even Hurt Locker, but it since it seems to be based on real events it got much Oscar buzz about it. I even thought that the torture scenes were going to be something that made me look the other (I can't stand torture scenes) but I there were no more shocking than Safe House.

    Then I watched Red Dawn (2012) and as it is being said in one of the dialogues, it is CoD: Modern Warfare played by teenagers literally
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

    My feedback thread

  10. #785
    Rebel Jubilation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,401
    Oz: The Great and the Powerful.
    I thought it was ok for what it was, the special effects looked nice and I liked all the actors in it minus Michelle Williams who I didn't really buy as Glinda.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Dragstor : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Saurod

  11. #786
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I it is CoD: Modern Warfare played by teenagers literally
    That is pretty much any military movie these days. Hurt Locker, Zero Dark Thirty, whatever, they are all just Call of Duty movies these days.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  12. #787
    In disguise! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Shelby, NC
    Posts
    2,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    Oz: The Great and the Powerful.
    I thought it was ok for what it was, the special effects looked nice and I liked all the actors in it minus Michelle Williams who I didn't really buy as Glinda.
    See, I actually loved Michelle Williams in that movie. Granted,I am not a big fan of the Wizard of Oz, but I enjoyed this one quite a bit.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

    "We have a Ram-Man"

  13. #788
    Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,671
    I am currently watching the 5-part mini-series "The Bible" on A&E and thoroughly enjoying it
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

    WE can do this together because.....

    EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

  14. #789
    Heroic Warrior KING HE-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sullivan City, Texas USA
    Posts
    133
    My wife and I just watched Batman Dark Knight Rises and it was the best Batman movie. We really enjoyed it even though it was 3 hours long it had a great story to it. I really liked the previous one "Batman The Dark Knight", but this one was awesome. Does anyone know if there is another one coming out since now we know who Robin is? I hope they can top this one, its going to be a tough one.
    The New King of Eternia
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

  15. #790
    Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Heaven and Hell
    Posts
    8,671
    Saw Olympus Has Fallen. It was a really good movie, but I also found it pretty disturbing.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

    WE can do this together because.....

    EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

  16. #791
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by KING HE-MAN View Post
    My wife and I just watched Batman Dark Knight Rises and it was the best Batman movie. We really enjoyed it even though it was 3 hours long it had a great story to it. I really liked the previous one "Batman The Dark Knight", but this one was awesome. Does anyone know if there is another one coming out since now we know who Robin is? I hope they can top this one, its going to be a tough one.
    Nope. The Dark Knight Trilogy is done, hence why it is called The Dark Knight Trilogy and why Bruce has retired.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  17. #792
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,053
    I got my sister interested in the hobbit figures and ended up getting the movie on dvd out of it.

    It was pretty good. Bugs the hell out of me that Golem wasn't gray and not even one of the good guys died. Other than that, pretty good.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  18. #793

  19. #794
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I got my sister interested in the hobbit figures and ended up getting the movie on dvd out of it.

    It was pretty good. Bugs the hell out of me that Golem wasn't gray and not even one of the good guys died. Other than that, pretty good.
    Um, okay. First of all, if no one died in the book, why would anyone die in the movie? Secondly, would someone dying really make it that big of a deal?

    Golem was not completely gray in LOTR either.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  20. #795
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Um, okay. First of all, if no one died in the book, why would anyone die in the movie?
    Because it's a movie. They can add some embellishments without hurting the story.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Secondly, would someone dying really make it that big of a deal?
    What was the effect when Morph was killed by the Sentinels? What was the effect when RAM died in the original TRON???
    Besides that, it just makes it seem cheesy and fake with not one casualty after all that bedlem.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Golem was not completely gray in LOTR either.
    I don't care about that. His original Knickerbocker figure was gray. I used to have it and am sticking with my guns on this one
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  21. #796
    Vintage Vintage Vintage Vlcan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Tornado Alley
    Posts
    2,349
    Watched Argo. Yeah not bad. And even Ben Afflecks acting is good. I'm not an Affleck fan. But I did enjoy Good Will Hunting, The Town & now Argo. Was it better than Lincoln....no but it's a nice rendition of our past our own history & the people involved.

  22. #797
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,491
    Well I pulled a marathon last night and watched Zero Dark Thirty, the Red Dawn remake and The Next Three Days...
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  23. #798
    Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Posts
    2,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Not even one of the good guys died. Other than that, pretty good.
    What do you mean, none of the good guys died? Sure they did, Thorin's dad bought it along with thousands of dwarves. I assume you've read the book, because the end is where people really start dying LOL
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

  24. #799
    plastic vice Phil.Pastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    What do you mean, none of the good guys died? Sure they did, Thorin's dad bought it along with thousands of dwarves. I assume you've read the book, because the end is where people really start dying LOL

    Thorin's dad wasn't a good guy. He was corrupt and greedy.

    I don't remember which books I read. My point is that they should have killed *somebody*. Now the viewer expects no one to die in the sequel and so, the action rings hollow. They could have at least killed Kili. He doesn't even look like a dwarf anyway. The actor was poorly casted...
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

  25. #800
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    356
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Man With The Iron Fists, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2, Tremors, & Tremors 2.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •