Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    In anticipation of Django hitting BD in a few weeks we started to rewatch all of the previous Tarantino movies. We just watched Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, both of which I give a 5/5 to. They are excellent movies, well told, hysterical, full of great dialog, and some truly amazing camera angles and what not. Tarantino is a genius!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    Because it's a movie. They can add some embellishments without hurting the story.
    This is Jackson, he is going to stay true to the books. Unlike other people, Jackson only makes changes when he has no other choice but to do so.

What was the effect when Morph was killed by the Sentinels? What was the effect when RAM died in the original TRON???
    Besides that, it just makes it seem cheesy and fake with not one casualty after all that bedlem.
    Morph was a made up character for the cartoon who was there to die. Besides, he really didn't die since he came back in the next season.

I don't care about that. His original Knickerbocker figure was gray. I used to have it and am sticking with my guns on this one
    I don't care what a toy looked like. The original Galvatron toy was gray even though he was purple in the cartoon. Why would Gollum suddenly be gray just because you wanted him to be? It wouldn't fit with the movie's continuity. Your knickerwhatever toy can be gray all it wants to be, Jackson's Gollum is not gray and never has been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wundar_Grayskull View Post
    The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2,
    I'm so sorry.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    He doesn't even look like a dwarf anyway. The actor was poorly casted...
    To be honest, I don't think any of the dwarves look right. Kili and Fili are the youngest of the dwarves and they're supposed to be in their late 70's, early 80's. Thorin was 195 when he died and therefore the oldest of the dwarves, followed by Balin at 178 and Dwalin at 169 in the trek to the Lonely Mountain. Armitage did not look old enough, but of course, you have to submit to that artistic license to bring the women in by having some sexy dwarves LOL

My wife and I saw The Croods tonight and it was pretty good.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Morph was a made up character for the cartoon who was there to die. Besides, he really didn't die since he came back in the next season.

That is why his death was dramatic. Nobody ever dies in your average cartoon. And the fact that he was brought back illustrates that.

I don't care what a toy looked like. The original Galvatron toy was gray even though he was purple in the cartoon. Why would Gollum suddenly be gray just because you wanted him to be? It wouldn't fit with the movie's continuity. Your knickerwhatever toy can be gray all it wants to be, Jackson's Gollum is not gray and never has been.

The toy was based on the animation. You can't just change a character's color for no good reason. It disrupts the audience's enjoyment. It would be no different if they made Gandalf an African LOL. I can't enjoy the scenes.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Based on what animation?

If you mean that Rankin Bass crap from the 70s, then whatever. This is Jackson's LOTR, NOT Rankin Bass.

It sounds like you don't want to like it just because you don't want to like it. The Hobbit was hands down the second best movie of last year.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Based on what animation?

If you mean that Rankin Bass crap from the 70s, then whatever. This is Jackson's LOTR, NOT Rankin Bass.

It sounds like you don't want to like it just because you don't want to like it. The Hobbit was hands down the second best movie of last year.

I didn't say I didn't like it. I just voiced two complaints. I don't do movies much anymore, but I've no doubt it was better than most.

I don't know who made the animated movies. I haven't seen them in many years. I just know they were very good. Would be nice to get them at some point.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Olympus Has Fallen

A North Korean terrorist group takes the president, vice president, secretary of state and others hostage in the White House. They are extremely smart and have planned for every scenario, except oneL former secret service agent and special forces Mike Banning, who is a one man army killing machine that understands mad men and all the ins and outs of the White House better than anyone.

The plot is directly taken from the original Die Hard. Mike is the only contact the outside world has inside the White House and it's pretty much up to him to save the country.

The movie is a blood bath and delivers on the action part of action movie. Butler is great and believable as a Jack Bauer/Liam Neeson type killing machine.

The movie isn't very plausibe, white male president set in modern day? Thankfully Morgan Freeman takes over as acting president and it all feels very familiar with him.

Really good action movie. It's exactly what's advertised.

Spring Breakers

Four college girls want desperately to go party during spring break, but can't afford it. So they do some terrible things to get the money. While on spring break they get arrested and bailed out by a local drug dealer and gangster and do more terrible things.

Stylistically the movie is a work of art. I mean its an artsy film at best because there's no plot or character except one. James Franco is the only saving grace of this movie. He puts on a masterful performance of a wannabe gangster living off the Scarface movie on loop. Money, guns, *****es, and spring breeeeeaaaak!

I'm not sure what the message of this movie was. It glorifies the wild spring break parties full of sex and drugs then shifts to a darker side close to Natural Born Killers. All without any consequence.

I think Thirteen did this better, but that's not what this movie was going for. It's not the The Hangover either. Might be Project X without the humor.

Only see it for Franco.

Dead Man Down

This is a revenge story, actually a couple of them that are intertwined. It's from the director of the original Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. It follows Victor, a henchmen for the mob and his neighbor Beatrice. One day Beatrice confronts Victor with some incriminating footage of him killing someone. All she wants in return is for him to kill someone else.

That's what the plot seems like, but it goes far deeper for both of them and I don't want to spoil it. I will say that this was surprisingly a very good revenge story and very well acted by both Colin Farrel and Noomi Rapace.

Quality movie, one of the better movies out right now in this slow film season.

The ABCs of Death

This is an anthology of short films featuring death, one for each letter of the alphabet. So 26 short films by 26 directors. They're about a couple of minutes long, some longer. Most of them are either average or stupid, but some are really creative and quality. They are pretty random ranging from horror, comedy, claymation, sci-fi, social commentary to pointless shock value. Couple of them are absolutely fantastic.

Overall, despite the inconsistency of the whole thing, it's entertaining. You're watching 26 different shorts and have no idea how each one will end and then you're catapulted to the next one without any time to digest the previous one.

Pretty interesting, but set your expectations low if you do watch it

Stoker

This is the American film debut of the director of Old Boy. It follows India, a strange anti-social girl who goes deeper into isolation after the death of her father. The only person she has left is her mother, who never really had any deep emotional connection with her, til her uncle, who she never knew existed, shows up and seems to understand her like no one else.

Describing anything more would be a spoiler, but this is a really well acted and well made coming of age film. Besides Old Boy, I haven't seen any of his other Korean films, but this is a very dark and mysterious story that doesn't come together til the very end, fitting all the puzzle pieces subtly introduced from the previous acts.

That being said, it's not going to be for everyone. The story is a slow burn that delivers in the performance of India and the slow reveal of what's to come.

Dark Skies

A family of four deal with a never ending series of strange events in their house, including sleep walking, black outs, nose bleeds, security alarms, missing items, animal attacks, etc.

This is an alien story and a pretty good one. It has its cliches, but the performances and build up to the end actually lead to something.

Magic (1978)
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

The Blackout, a 2009 horror movie about an apartment block under siege by underground monsters.

SPOILER ALERT

What should have been an enjoyable bad horror movie with awesomely bad monster designs and fun bad acting it unfortunately did the one thing that is guaranteed to turn me off a movie and become totally disinterested in everything that comes after no matter how magnificently bad it is.

The first death in this movie is of a young (11 - 12ish) boy who is sent down into the basement to get some christamas presents and gets cornered by the creatures. The next time we see him is when his little sister has come down to look for him and she sees one of the monsters literally eating his face off.

Anyone who knows me will know that despite my love of horror movies I totally draw the line at kids getting killed. Yes it may be more true and probably would happen if such a thing was ever to happen, but I just don't like it. Killing children is the ultimate taboo for me (just above killing animals) in movies (and in real life) and as I said makes me lose all interest and investment in what is to follow.

The other problem is that killing a child is so shocking that the deaths of all the adults afterwards could never hope to succeed in shocking anyone because adult deaths are not as bad as when it happend children, especially when it is in such a brutal manner as this (being eaten is pretty brutal)
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

G.I. Joe: Retaliation

Well after a nine month reshoot, the sequel finally comes out. If you followed why the movie was reshot regarding Tatum's character, then you'll wonder why they bothered reshooting the movie in the first place. Seriously.

On to the movie. It's average at best. The comedy, action, emotional moments all fall flat. Seemed like the director could not solve the puzzle of making Bruce Willis and The Rock interesting in an action movie other than showing up on screen.

I'd say the best parts involve Storm Shadow and he's barely in it. They also improved upon Cobra Commander now that he looks like Cobra Commander. And lastly Adrian Pallicki looks great on camera. Those are the positives, other than Firefly kind of being cool at times.

The movie is easily better than the first, but only because it was missing many of the poor elements. It's entertaining, but forgettable. Which is a shame because this lightweight is directing the next He- Man and my expectations are extremely low now.

See it for fun, but you're not missing anything.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    GI Joe: Retaliation goes a long way towards redeeming the Joe brand after the abomination that was the first movie. I still don't like the liberties they've taken with ranks and branches of the individual Joes.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post

Well after a nine month reshoot, the sequel finally comes out. If you followed why the movie was reshot regarding Tatum's character, then you'll wonder why they bothered reshooting the movie in the first place. Seriously.

On to the movie. It's average at best. The comedy, action, emotional moments all fall flat. Seemed like the director could not solve the puzzle of making Bruce Willis and The Rock interesting in an action movie other than showing up on screen.

I'd say the best parts involve Storm Shadow and he's barely in it. They also improved upon Cobra Commander now that he looks like Cobra Commander. And lastly Adrian Pallicki looks great on camera. Those are the positives, other than Firefly kind of being cool at times.

The movie is easily better than the first, but only because it was missing many of the poor elements. It's entertaining, but forgettable. Which is a shame because this lightweight is directing the next He- Man and my expectations are extremely low now.

I just came from the cinema and I agree completely, except maybe that I'm not so sure about being better than the first one. It has its moments, but seems to be equally lame. The best for me is also Snake Eyes & Storm Shadow. Mountain ninja fight is the coolest peak of the movie.
    Flint is more Falcon than Flint and some other characters lack a formal introduction, something that even the cartoon was more accurate at it.

Please, put away this Chu guy from MOTU movie. If he can't make any scene with The Rock and Bruce Willis sharing screen time appealing, he won't resolve what to do with animated characters like Orko or BattleCat.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

I think the first movie did some things better, like Snake Eyes being cooler. I was really annoyed by Tatum and Wayans. Loved Baroness. Hated Cobra Commander. Amnesia on the rest.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Olympus has Fallen: Great popcorn flick. Lot of fun.

GI Joe: Sucks terrible.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

What is up with the white house take over movies this year? Olympus Has Fallen, GI Joe (which has a device called Zeus in it btw), and then another white house take over movie later this year.

Anyway, saw GI Joe, it was light years better than ROC but still sucked major gooble. Cobra Commander was great for the whole 10 minutes he was in. Roadblock, Lady Jaye, Firefly, and Jinx were well done, but the rest, especially Flint and Blind Master, were bad. Oh, and Bruce Willis was really just playing himself using the name of Joe Colton. I swear he is the exact same character between this, Die Hard, Expendables, and RED.

Saw The Call yesterday. It was a good movie that kept me on the edge of my seat, but I didn't really like the very end of it.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Jackie Brown - Excellent movie. Well done, well plotted, great dialog, etc.

True Romance - Pretty good, but weird, really weird. Loved the dialog.

Rented Skyfall and Won't Back Down from RedBox and have to say they were both EXCELLENT movies!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Magic (1978)
    OMG, Magic scared me crapless when i was 4 years old when my parents and big brother rented that movie on video and i watched it with them and that dummy scared the hell out of me. I had nightmares about Fats the dummy. Still one of my favorite horror movies and Fats still gives me the creeps.

Oz The Great and Powerful: Very enjoyable prequel to the Oz series.
    The Wizard of Oz on blu-ray: An all time fantasy masterpiece and it looks and sounds great on high def.
    Return to oz: The darkside of Oz, who remembers this movie? i saw this in theaters when i was 4 and it scared the hell out of me yet i saw it 2 more times and loved it, very underrated movie no doubt. Fairuza was terrific as Dorothy, Nicole Williamson was great as Nome King and for Mombi with the first head played by Sofie Ward she was a hottie no doubt, Sofie i mean and she was one of my boyhood crushes. I did a marathon of Oz movies from Oz GAP to RTO.

[QUOTE=SCB;3200471]The Last Stand

One of the most dangerous cartel leaders needs to get transferred to a maximum security prison and he uses all his resources to escape while on the run from the F.B.I. He has a hostage and one of the world's fastest cars. On his route to Mexico, he has to go through one last town armed only with a small law enforcement and that's where a big stand off takes place.

What looks like a cheap pay day for Arnold is surprisingly a very entertaining movie. The cast is decent with Arnold playing an aging war veteran sheriff, Luiz Guzman and Johnny Knoxville providing the comedy, and a little bit of Forrest Whitaker, but the strength of the movie is actually the fast paced action. There's never a dull moment. It's basically a modern western.

Despite how it looks, it's worth a watch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That was a great action movie, a nice grindhouse style film with Arnold's return.

Watchmen (The Ultimate Cut)

I really liked the Watchmen film, didn't love it. I started watching it again recently and really liked it, again. I decided to finally watch the uncut and extended edition.

Once you watch the ultimate cut, I don't think you can go back and watch the theatrical release. They wove in the actual Black Freighter storyline in animated form voiced by Gerard Butler and it's fantastic. In the actual storyline, they added lots of interesting extra and extended scenes that really make the film much more interesting, including all the scenes between the news stand guy and kid reading the comics, and tons of extra interactions between the characters that explain why they react the way they do around each other.

I think this is a fine piece of work by Snyder when watching the entire thing. Unlike 300, he had to take a lot more liberties with the source material, but I think he pulled it off. I would have given Jackie Earle Haley an Oscar nom for his performance. Extremely memorable. Ozymandius could have been portrayed a bit better, but the ending he chose to change worked really well.

Oooh i love Watchmen! have you read the comics or graphic novel? been a fan of the comics since i was 5 and i own the graphic novel, Alan Moore is a genius. I knew one day they would make a movie out of Watchmen and it surprised me, great performance by the talented Jackie Earl Haley who nailed the role of Rorshach and nice to see besides Nolan's batman a superhero movie for adults. I saw it 3 times in theaters and i got the ultimate cut blu-ray for Christmas when it came out, the ultimate cut is far better than both cuts.

Judge Dredd - Oh my god, what was I thinking? This movie is down right horrible and everyone mumbles all of the time. I just wanted to jump into the movie dressed as Willy Wonka and yell, "MUMBLER!!" I hate Rob Schneider and this movie shows why he is annoying. I think the only thing I found enjoyable in the movie was the Angel Family, but the entire wasteland segment of the movie was a waste since they never really did anything with it.

Dredd - Second time seeing it in just over a week and I enjoyed it even more than the first time. The Slo-Mo stuff is so great because there is a reason for them to do bullet time in the movie, which was great. They did a great job ensuring there would never be a moment when Dredd's helmet would need to come off, and Karl Urban just did an incredible job in the role. I really like him as an actor, but he always seems to pick the worst movies (Doom), so it was great to see him in something good again.
    I was pleasantly surprised with Dredd as it was quite good and saw it 3 times in theaters, my pick of the best comic movie of 2012 and i've been a fan of the comics for 27 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Burtonnut View Post
    The Rescuers: This was my first time seeing this movie. I watched the second film a lot when I was younger, but have never seen the first one until now (it was on netflix). The whole Bianca/Benard relationship was cute and the opening song was really nice. I would give this 3/5 mainly because didn't care for the dragonfly or the hillbilly animals.
    Oooh Rescuers, love that movie since i was 7 seeing the 89 re-issue 4 times in theaters and thought it was terrific and i thought Miss Bianca was pretty cute for a mouse just like Gadget and Miss Kitty from Great Mouse Detective, lol. The sequel is even better. Both are great Disney movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I watched Martin the other night. It’s an early George Romero horror film about a teenage boy who "thinks" he's a vampire. I've been meaning to watch it for years. Pretty chilling and original. Great ending.
    Martin is one of my favorite vampire movies since i was 10 when i rented it on video and quite an unconventional vampire film no doubt.

Deadly Blessing on blu-ray: Anyone seen this underrated supernatural slasher thriller from Wes Craven? it's set in Amish Country Pennsyvania. where it has a woman who's husband who belongs to a religious cult similar to the Amish but not related to either Amish or Hutterites known as Hittities as the husband dies in a bizarre accident and she gets cursed somehow as there's an incubus killing off some hittitie members and some visitors. Sharon Stone does her second film debut here and she looks lovely as hell, Michael Barryman gives a good performance as the mentally challenged deformed member of the Hittites and even Ernest Borgnine was fantastic as the fantatical leader, this movie gave me the creeps when i was 5 when i rented it on video. Scream/Shout Factory did a kickass job with the blu-ray on giving it brilliant picture/sound plus nice extras plus for the first time on DVD AND blu-ray, these guys are unique at bringing sci-fi, horror, thrillers and suspense on high def.

A Good Day to Die Hard: Worst one in the franchise, it looks like they screwed up this franchise.

Prison (1988) on blu-ray: Another cult 80s horror classic from the producers of Re-Animator and company that made that movie and from the producer of Halloween as well who did the story for this movie. Think of it as Cool Hand Luke meets Evil Dead 2 and The Keep as it's about an innocent Man who was executed in the early 60s and the prison was shut down for 20 years, years later it reopens and some of the workers have stumbled upon a dark secret as the spirit of the old prisoner is out killing some inmates and wants revenge on the guard who executed him wrong. I liked this since i was 7 and had it on a blank tape with other stuff on it for years and Shout/Scream Factory FINALLY released it on DVD/Blu-ray combo for the first time, sharp beautiful picture and nice sound too plus cool extras as they know how to bring cult classics on high def.

The Nest on blu-ray: Fun killer Cockroach sci-fi horror movie i liked for 24 years and had it on tape as well, i'm glad Shout also re-issued this baby back on DVD yet on DVD/blu-ray combo and they did a crisp transfer on this one with great sound, it never looked better. This movie is like Squirm meets The Fly.

Mulan on blu-ray: One of my favorite Disney animated movies since i was 17 seeing it 3 times in theaters even when i go on my annual trip to Vegas when i saw this when it hit the boulder station casino/hotel theater when i saw it on the first day i went in Vegas, loved it. Nice story, action, great animation and laughs with emotion, plus i thought Mulan was a hottie but not when she's in drag, lol.

Critters 1 & 2: I saw both of these in theaters 2 times when i was a kid and thought they were fantastic sci-fi horror comedies, very enjoyable movies especially part 2 which i liked more than part 1. I had a crush on that hot centerfold bounty hunter known as Lee, remember her folks? Roxanne kernohan was a beauty and i even fantasized about her when i was a teen. Too bad she died in a car accident in 1993, sad to say at least as she was one of my boyhood crushes.

From Beyond on blu-ray: I saw this in theaters as a kid and thought it was superb, another excellent sci-fi horror comedy from the makers of Re-Animator and one of the best Lovecraft movies. Jeffrey Combs with the ever hot Barbara Crampton return in this one with Ken Foree co-starring, great make-up/monster effects and slime with gore abound plus interesting ideas and sexy stuff makes this a winner in my books. The blu-ray from Shout is another superb example why Scream Factory is the best company for Sci-fi/horror/thriller/suspense/cult classics on high def and the colors with picture looks sharper and more beautiful than ever plus the extras are cool too, yes this is also the unrated director's cut with the full extended brain sucking sequence.

Phantasm: An excellent sci-fi/horror/fantasy cult classic to it with quality surrealism, scares and the iconic Tallman and his killer flying balls. Enjoyed this since i was 5 when i rented it on video and been one of my faves of the genres.

Phantasm 2 on blu-ray: This movie has never looked and sounded better than ever on Scream Factory's collector's edition plus quality extras especially deleted scenes, this is a HUGE improvement over the barebones Universal DVD from 2007 and this is one of my fave sequels since i saw it in theaters 25 years ago 3 times.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit on blu-ray: An 80s classic and one of the best animated movies ever! i saw this movie 6 times in theaters when i was 7 and i had nearly all the merchandise as a kid as i was obsessed with the movie. I had Mcdonalds cups, t-shirts, talking doll, coloring books, readalong book with cassette, novel, soundtrack and all that. I even had a major crush on Jessica Rabbit when i was a kid, what boy back then didn't? it looks nice on high def.

Terrorvision on the Terrorvision/Video Dead double feature on blu-ray: I always liked this goofy live-action cartoon of a sci-fi horror comedy from the producers of Re-Animator known as Empire Pictures since i was a kid when i rented it. I had it on a blank tape with other stuff for years and now Scream/Shout Factory has FINALLY also released this on DVD/blu-ray combo after years of waiting for a DVD. It looks and sounds sharp on high def no doubt.

Video Dead on blu-ray: A guilty pleasure of mine since i was 7 when i rented this on video when it first came out, it's similar to Ringu but years before that and kind of like Night of the Living Dead and Evil Dead inspired as it's about a haunted TV set that brings out ghouls that kill people and must be destroyed. I'm glad it's also finally on DVD/blu-ray and like Terrorvision and other Shout/Scream stuff it looks very good on blu-ray with the picture and sound.

Schindler's List on blu-ray: A 90s classic has never looked and sounded better on high definition until now! Spielberg did a great job restoring the movie digitally on picture and sound, thanks Spielberg for making an important movie look better than ever.
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; April 3, 2013 at 02:07am.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Evil Dead - 4/10 - It was boring, the characters were as bright as coal, and it took itself way too seriously.

Sadly though, this is the best movie I have seen in theaters thus far.

I saw Jurassic Park 3D today. Just as great as I remembered it!
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Evil Dead

This is a remake, but I don't actually remember anything substantial about the original two. It's been so long, I haven't thought about them so I can't compare them at all. But this remake has been getting a lot of positive buzz for a while now, so I decided to ignore the trailers cold turkey and just go in blind.

If you've seen The Cabin In The Woods, that's probably more relevant since it follows that classic blue print to the very end and in the best way possible.

So five friends go to this old abandoned cabin for the weekend to help detox one of their addict friends. Right before, we're treated a to a random flashback sequence of a possessed girl getting burned in that cabin, who knows when. Anyways, in the cabin they find this book that has bad news, hell, death, blood, you name it, written all over it and one of them decides to read it out loud. The demon gets released and it's a blood and gore show for rest of the movie.

This was fantastic if the above description is what you're looking for. It's not scary or torture porn, just a great throwback to 80's horror where terrible things happen to good looking stupid people you don't care about. It's a damn good time, something you'd actually enjoy with a big group of people.

Also based on the after credit's scene, this might actually be Evil Dead 3.

Jurassic Park 3D

It's been 20 years almost since I first saw it in theaters and its still the greatest dinosaur movie ever. If you haven't seen it for whatever reason, you need to experience it in theaters.

The movie looks fantastic on IMAX 3D. Better than it ever has. And even though it wasn't shot in 3D, it actually looks great. Is the extra price worth it? I think the IMAX is. It should be seen on a massive screen.

Watched Deep Red yesterday for the third time. Big Dario Argento fan. Definitely one of his best. The killer is basically revealed in the first twenty minutes, but if you haven't seen the film before you will never catch it. Absolutely ingenious. Watch the full Italian version. Phenomenal film.
    Last edited by Krueger; April 7, 2013 at 06:01pm.

Kill Bill 1 & 2 - 10/10 for both of them. They are truly incredible movies and every time I watch them, I notice several things I never did so before. It is great.

- - - Updated - - -

Also based on the after credit's scene, this might actually be Evil Dead 3.
    Technically it would be Evil dead 4.

GI Joe ~ ^^^^^ Spot on summary except that i seem to recall enjoying ROC a tad more. To be perfectly honest, i'm starting not to care about a potential MOTU movie.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Over the weekend, I went to see Jurassic Park. Not the 3d showing, but the one 2d showing they had. I can practically recite the movie and can basically hum the entire soundtrack from beginning to end (John Williams at his finest). But I couldn't pass up the chance to see it in a theater one more time. I enjoyed it immensly, still jumped at a few parts even though I knew they were coming, and still sat with my eyes wide in awe when the Brachi comes plodding along and we see our first dino. Some films lose their magic over time; this is one that doesn't.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman