Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1065

Thread: The Last Movie(s) You Watched

Flash Gordon: Saviour of the Universe edition.

This was remarkable. I have seen it in theater back in the day, but that was so long ago I had no real memories of it beyond the distinctive theme song. I remember liking it, then, but this was way better than I lhad anticipated. The scale and scope of the visuals and costumes was something on the level of TRON.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

The Time Machine (1960) - Awesome Sci-Fi movie contemporary to what many other sci-fi B-Movies. It has some really deep insight on how societies may evolve on individualism and violence
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Oz the Great and Powerful. Been holding onto it for ages, and finally popped it into the DVD player. Better than I expected; nowhere near the original, mind you, but it kept a lot of the feel of said original while not being too quaint.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    36th chamber of Shaolin 5/6 , I seldom give 5 or 6 points but this deserves it imo.......about a man who goes to a monestary to learn kung fu , easier said than done. Gordon Liu stars.
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Tequila Sunrise - late '80s/early '90s Michelle Pfeiffer, and the late, great Raul Julia. (Oh yeah, and Mel Gibson & Kurt Russell, too. ) It's a bit dated, but it's a decent movie.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Bravestarr: The Legend
    I never watched and heard of this movie for ages until I came across the Bravestarr cartoon series on the Net last month.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Bravestarr: The Legend
    I never watched and heard of this movie for ages until I came across the Bravestarr cartoon series on the Net last month...
    I never saw the movie but only a few episodes. I'm really wanting to get many of the action figures now, I'm pretty much fascinated by them as I was able to have one in my hands some time ago.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    Magnificent Swordsman 4.5/6 , Huang Chung Tsin (the traitor uncle Wang from "Way of Dragon") as an Eastwood type of character. Feng Tien ("Fist of Fury") as one of the bad guys.

Villagers want him to go away as they fear he'd be a magnet for bandits........
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

The Sicilian starring Christopher Lambert, Joss Ackland and future Transformers star John Turturro
    Last edited by Neophron; June 29, 2014 at 04:43am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Oz the Great and Powerful. Been holding onto it for ages, and finally popped it into the DVD player. Better than I expected; nowhere near the original, mind you, but it kept a lot of the feel of said original while not being too quaint.
    What do you think of the other Disney Oz film called Return to Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
    Fist of the Northstar ( the original anime movie)- violent, bloody, epic and awesome!
    Been on a bit of anime trip lately, watching the movies I enjoyed in my youth.
    Plan on re-watching soon:
    Ninja Scroll
    Akira
    Wicked City
    Vampire Hunter D
    Ghost in the Shell
    Kickass movies there, i dug them since i was a teen in the 90s.

What i saw in the past days and weeks since i was here.

Transformers trilogy on blu-ray: Just did a marathon of three of these, obviously the first one is the best of the lot. TF 2 was fun despite some tasteless jokes and TF 3 was quite better, i am a TF fan and a Bay fan as i enjoyed these ones.

Transformers 4: Best sequel in the franchise! action packed, thrilling and Mark Wahlberg did a nice performance. Stanely Tucci is in this one as well, one of my fave actors.

Bio-Dome: Pauly Shore cult vehicle i always liked for a long time, one of my guilty pleasures although my faves are in The Army, Encino Man and Jury Duty with Goofy Movie, i happen to be a fan of him.

Star Wars A New Hope on DVD (theatrical): Classic film and in it's original version, i hope one day Disney/Fox joins forces to release the untampered and unedited original cuts of the original trilogy now that Lucas is finally retired/gone/away from his studio.

ID4 on blu-ray: One of my favorite films and it looks/sounds awesome on HD. I saw this in theaters 5 times as a teen and i dug it, it was quite powerful, stunning and unique for it's day and still is even on HD with quality detail.

Stargate on 15th anniversary BD: It looks and sounds better than the previous BD with quality crisp coloring and some fine detail, this film just turned 20 this year and i got to see it in theaters 3 times and loved it, another one of my fave sci-fi films.

Rock and Rule on BD: Who remembers this movie? i loved this cool 1983 cult animated sci-fi rock fantasy since i was 12 when i saw it on cable with Heavy Metal, Hey Good Looking, American Pop and Vampire Hunter D and remembered buying a used copy of it when i was 13 from one of my city's video stores. Nice soundtrack by Cheap Trick, Earth/Wind and Fire, Debbie Harry, Iggy Pop and more plus the voices of Don Frackes and Catherine O'Hara plus Phil LaMarr (US version not Canadian version). It looks/sounds more colorful on HD no doubt, i also had a crush on Angel since as she is one hot mutant.

Live Free or Die Hard on BD: Looks stunning on HD, very nice sequel to the franchise i should say and delivers the thrills.

Godzilla (1998) on BD: It's not so bad as a monster film as it's quite enjoyable as one but it wasn't really a Godzilla film as they got the character all wrong, this got alot of flack from hardcore G-fans and some critics but i like this one even if it's a depature from the Japanese films. It looks/sounds crisp on BD.

Batman 1989 on BD: Looks/sounds good on HD, this year is the 25th anniversary to one of the best comic book films.

Shogun Assassin on BD: awesome and gory as hell Japanese/US 1980 cult actioner that influenced Kill Bill and others, sure it's mainly 4 episodes of Lone Wolf and Cub sliced into one film and dubbed into English but it still rocks you know. I saw this when i was 10 on video and became one of my fave action films.

Sixteen Candles on BD: Looks decent on hd, happy 30th anniversary to one of the best comedies ever and one of Hugh's best films. One of my fave comedies since i saw it on cable as a kid.

Transformers The Movie on 2-disc DVD: i saw this in theaters 2 times when i was 5 and i thought it was cool despite Optimus dying, still a great movie with a badass soundtrack.

Saving Private Ryan on BD: One of the most powerful films i've seen and i saw it 4 times in theaters, it looks and sounds better than ever on HD.

Ninja Scroll on BD: One of the coolest animated films looks better and sharper than ever on HD.

Mary and Max on Netflix: Great mature animated stop motion feature about friendship and all that, one of 2009's best animated films.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Hamburger Hill
    Future Iron Man star Don Cheadle looks relatively unknown back then
    Last edited by Neophron; July 16, 2014 at 05:20am.

Heroic Warrior
    Transformers: Age of Extinction (Finally, we get to see the Dinobots!)
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritgunner View Post
    Transformers: Age of Extinction (Finally, we get to see the Dinobots!)
    Those were not Dinobots, more like Dragonbots.

Saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes tonight, thankfully it completely washed out the nasty aftertaste of Bayformers. This sequel is far and away superior to the first film. Go see it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neophron View Post
    Hamburger Hill
    Future Iron Man star Don Cheadle looks relatively unknown back then
    https://www.movieposter.com/posters/.../120/MPW-60260
    ..do you know another 'future Iron Man star' Sam Rockwell was the punk kid in Ninja Turtles?
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; July 13, 2014 at 11:24pm.

I didn't know that but thanks for informing
    Black Eagle
    Sho Kosugi goes one-on-one with Jean-Claude van Damme in this 1988 action flick
    His sons Kane and Shane, as kids back then, also co-starred
    Last edited by Neophron; July 16, 2014 at 05:21am.