Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mill Creek releasing Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors

Mill Creek releasing Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors

Here is part of a response I got from a Mill Creek representive:

We will be releasing the first volume of Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors early next year, with a second volume releasing sometime after that. We hope this information is of use to you and we are pleased to hear of your excitement regarding these two properties.
    It looks like Jayce will see a complete release like C.O.P.S. is going to.

Unedited Director's Cut
    Between Mill Creek and Shout!, we're getting a lot of good stuff in a relatively short amount of time. And I, for one, am all for it.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

Awesome!!!!!

This was one of my favorites.

February 14th will be the release date for Volume 1:
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jay...Volume-1/15701

Finally!!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Feb. 21st is now the release date for the Best of and Volume 1 sets. Cover art in link:
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jay...-Best-Of/16372

Indie Toy Making Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Awesome, I debated buying this on iTunes but I think I will wait and just get the DVD
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It looks like early 2013 before we see the rest of Jayce on DVD.

From Mill Creek Facebook:

Q: When will you release the next big volume set of Heathcliff (Season 1 Part 2) and Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors (Volume 2)? thanks for your time.

A: We are looking at early next year. We will keep you posted. Thanks!

REmastered?
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    REmastered?
    This is Mill Creek we are talking about. 99.999% probability of No.

Mill Creek will release whatever they're given. If it's poor quality, blame the rights owners for not doing any restoration work. COPS mostly held up despite some flaws(most of them it seemed the audio would slow down for a second of which I possibly blame the original audio recordings), which is pretty good seeing as Hasbro has forgotten the show existed and won't spend a dime to revive it. You can also count on almost no extras(they'll throw on an episode of some random cartoon or TV series to advertise it/fill disc space but that will be all), but you'll be paying less. Fine by me, I'm happy not having to spend an extra $10 on extras I'd watch maybe one time and forget about.

Volume 2 featuring the previous unreleased episodes comes out Feb. 19th.
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jay...Volume-2/17855

I might check this out, but it would make me want the toys. That wouldn't be a good thing
    Click here to check out my other drawings!

Well, the characters in the show don't really have anything to do with the toyline, just the vehicles.

The vehicles are what I want
    Click here to check out my other drawings!

I pre-ordered the Vol. 2 set, but mine hasn't shipped yet. Hopefully, I'll get it soon.

Today is the release date for this show, Street Sharks, Beverly Hills Teens Vol. 1, and Wacky World of Tex Avery Vol. 1.

Both Jayce and C.O.P.S. are getting complete series DVD sets along with digital copies that I guess will work on one of Mill Creek's websites:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Jay...e-Series/22961

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/COP...e-Series/22962

Knowing Mill Creek, I'd be shocked if there was any new bonus content.

COPS volume 2 was exceedingly rare for some time... until about a month ago when Amazon got flooded with cheap copies. You can get the 2 sets new for $24 total or so.

But only 5 discs... the 2 separate sets were 6 discs, which was already a bit crammed together for 65 episodes. No doubt the compression on these will be even worse, and MC really loves to compress their discs down. Extras? Even the Shout! sets were light. All I recall on the 2 MC sets was a bonus episode of an Ernest TV series that wasn't even related, and frankly, Hasbro barely even acknowledges COPS ever existed(which is why it's gone to some budget company rather than whoever handles the stuff they care about). I'd count on nothing. And their DVD cases tend to be really cheap things that barely suffice to even hold the discs properly- if it's like the 2 sets, expect paper sleeves in a standard-size case.

Yeah, I guess a 3rd shot at getting this cartoon on DVD is a good thing, better than letting it rot away in a vault, but Hasbro treats the series like it never happened and Mill Creek really tends to be lazy about their releases.

I was under the impression that previously released volumes of WW covered all 65 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by GBglide View Post
    I was under the impression that previously released volumes of WW covered all 65 episodes.
    That and COPS do, this is just a fresh retail release as one volume each. The past sets have been off the market for a bit.

Oh man, I want that COPS set something fierce. I'd also like to get the WW, just to have some new 80's animation (never watched it as a kid, but most toons from the 80's are fun for me). A few questions, if pre-ordering from Amazon, do you pay now or upon shipping? Also, is there word as to whether or not these will be coming to Wal-Mart? That might be more convenient for me. Although bundling COPS with the MOTU newspaper strip book might net me some free shipping.

You are charged when it ships, so if the price goes down at some point during the preorder period, you will get that lowest price. I've seen the Mill Creek Heathcliff and Dennis the Menace complete series sets at Walmart recently, but I'm not sure these two shows have the same brand recognition to show up there.

Heroic Warrior
    Hey I got that set . I bought it along with Street Sharks . I did not like the packaging so I put em in a jewel case .

I never ever heard of COPS

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You are charged when it ships, so if the price goes down at some point during the preorder period, you will get that lowest price. I've seen the Mill Creek Heathcliff and Dennis the Menace complete series sets at Walmart recently, but I'm not sure these two shows have the same brand recognition to show up there.
    Thanks! That helps a lot. Now I have some thinking to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Hey I got that set . I bought it along with Street Sharks . I did not like the packaging so I put em in a jewel case .

I never ever heard of COPS
    Maybe, this will jog your memory:

It aired in syndication originally in the late 80s, but aired in repeats in the early 90s on CBS Saturday Mornings as CyberCOPS, so it wouldn't be confused with the Fox adult show.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...highlight=Mill

And for good measure here is Jayce's awesome song opening: