Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Battleground Evil-Lyn: Discussion thread

She should have 200X-ish boots at the very least--they could've used Bubble Power She-ra's in black.

Heroic Warrior
    I like her. I'm not crazy about the neckline and her cape. I think that would have looked better if they sculpted a cape onto the existing Teela outfit. But here's hoping I get a Filmation accurate Evil Lyn sometime in the near future. Also I'd want 200X fans to get a true update also. I'd buy both...and a 1987 Meg Foster one too! It's Evil Lyn, what's not to love? Glad we got the extra head, but she'll be displayed on my shelf as helmeted, capeless and holding her knife unless they give us a short wand to switch out for the longer one. Then again I have some cool Lightning orbs from the God of War Zeus figure so maybe she'll just be doing magic without a staff.
    Good trades with: Cammor

I'm interested in seeing what her new bio will be like.

Inappropriate Tree Hugger The.Idea.of.Evil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cayman shen View Post
    She should have 200X-ish boots at the very least--they could've used Bubble Power She-ra's in black.
    I posted the same sentiments on the first page. I wonder if we can start some sort of thread to get Mattel to do just that?

Quote Originally Posted by phnx75 View Post
    I'm interested in seeing what her new bio will be like.
    Pixel Dan just put it up on Twitter, it's surprising!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Pixel Dan just put it up on Twitter, it's surprising!
    That bio is shocking!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Hopefully someone will copy it into these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamatty View Post
    Hopefully someone will copy it into these forums.
    Sorry, am on my phone. Plus PD went to the trouble of taking the pictures, so not going to steal his thunder, I'm sure someone at the con will post soon
    Tweet Me!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Yeep. That's fairly shocking:

Cast aside by her secret husband after his transforation, Evil-Lyn sent their infant son into the future and plotted to overthrow Skeletor by releasing his enemies from their dimensional prisons. In a series of miscalculations, she helped free the Snake Men, Hordak and Gygot - increasing her advesaries threefold! Afer Randor and Miro returned from Despondos, the Three Towers rose and Evil-Lyn found herself again allied with Skeletor during the Second Ultimate Battleground. At the end, defeated and stripped of her powers by the new Sorceress of Grayskull, Evil-Lyn used the Cosmic Key and the power of the Central Tower to return to the future and find a new life with her long lost child - the son of Skeletor!

[Also surprised they've shown the bios now, rather than spinning them out over time...]

So, Adam and Adora have a cousin now? Maybe he's the one that will merge the power swords in the future and we can get the 200X double blade released with him??

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    [Also surprised they've shown the bios now, rather than spinning them out over time...]
    Yeah, but with the 30th anniversary line, there's plenty of bios to go!

Maybe the child of Keldor and Lyn is a future He-Man!
    Tweet Me!

I'll post this in the bio thread I guess
    Last edited by The.Idea.of.Evil; July 23, 2011 at 05:13pm.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I've done a huge 360 on this figure,
    A 360? Really? A full circle? So you´re back where you started, then.

I can´t believe how people that asked three years for a 200x Evil-Lyn are fine with this version now. Or even happy about it. And most definetly, with Sorceress, Star-Sisters and friggin Shadow Weaver out there, I don´t get how anyone can mention this insult to 200x fans to be the BEST female reveal of the day.

I love the headsculpt. I dig the cloak. I´m looking forward to seeing the spellcasting staff. And the bio is supercool. But why did they have to paint her in 200x colors, when with the Filmation rights they could as well have painted her in Filmation colors and save a little more tooling money for a PROPER 200x Evil-Lyn???
    As many people have mentioned now, she could reuse BP She-Ras boots and would only need a new dress. A single two-piece outfit to fit the female buck 2.0 and every single fan would have been happy. Vintage fans are happy with Simpsons-Lyn, Filmation fans are happy with Battleground Lyn in Filmation colors, and 200x fans would be happy with their 200x version of Lyn.
    Dang.
    As much as I love all the reveals and marvellous announcments, I could go berserk about this variant.

I am in full rage about this figure, so I better stop posting on this matter now, or I´ll turn green and hulksmash something.
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

I wasn't sure about this figure when fist revealed, but I like it a lot.
    The only thing I don't like is the open hand. I prefer two closed hands, so she can hold both weapons. They have her mixed up with the sorceress who should have an open hand.

Why is everyone assuming this will be the 200x Evil-Lyn, though? (Unless it's been stated this is it, and I missed that?) We were told it would be more than a repaint. And if they do it down the road, they won't have to use the tooling money on the unhelmeted head, b/c it already exists.
    Last edited by Whiplash7; July 23, 2011 at 07:51pm.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    And if they do [MYP Evil-Lyn] down the road, they won't have to use the tooling money on the unhelmeted head, b/c it already exists.
    They'd have to do a Young Evil-Lyn (Mrs. Keldor!) head, with bobbed hair & tiara, at this point to justify a proper MYP-Lyn, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Why is everyone assuming this will be the 200x Evil-Lyn, though? (Unless it's been stated this is it, and I missed that?) We were told it would be more than a repaint. And if they do it down the road, they won't have to use the tooling money on the unhelmeted head, b/c it already exists.
    We're used to being disappointed. It's been almost three years since this line started, we've seen figures up until March of next year, and we haven't had a single 200x variant yet.

Not a single one. Not 200x Evil Lyn, 200x Randor, King Hsss, Sorceress, etc. Three years is a long time to wait and get nothing (new characters don't count). Then to not get the 200x Keldor swords, and to get 200x heads taken away from Buzz-Off and Grizzlor was a kick in the teeth.

Since this figure is part of the sub now, she's supposed to have a full tooling budget. All she got that was new was a cape, head, and hand. All she needed was an outfit to be complete.

But a figure like Demo Man gets a new groin piece, three heads, new feet and shins? All that new tooling but Evil Lyn is stuck wearing Teela's outfit?

Vikor even had a newly tooled right bicep. WHY?!

Does that make any sense? If we get confirmation from Mattel that a 200x variant is still coming, those of us that aren't entirely satisfied can breath a sigh of relief.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    My attitude is this...

I'm not displeased with Battleground Evil-Lyn. I like what we got, but it could be better. On the positive side, she actually fixes alot of the problems that the original Evil-Lyn had: Alternate head, cape and spellcasting hand. One the negative side, they repainted Teela's body--something that the 200X Evil-Lyn specifically FIXED. That was the whole point of asking for her.

So...this will do for now, sorta like the 200X kitbash of 200X He-Man that you can make from KG 2.0. A placeholder until we can eventually get a version with a unique dress.

Hopefully, we can get a more unique tooled Battleground Evil-Lyn 2.0 sometime later down the line.
    I agree with this. This figure isn't bad and it is much better than the 'Simpsons' Evil-Lyn we got. Sadly it isn't great and does fall a bit short due to their reuse of Teela's outfit.

This figure could have certainly been better but it's not as if this repaint is tragically crap. It will do for me.

Heroic Warrior
    That Bio!!!! Keldor and Evil-Lyn got married? And had a kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    That Bio!!!! Keldor and Evil-Lyn got married? And had a kid?
    "Keep reading the bios!"

..I am actually embarrassed for him every time I read them .

I ignore bios now, they are way too crap and this is why I have no hope for the new mini-comics even if in theory is a great idea.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    I love this figure and I understand you guys. This is Mattel we’ll eventually get a 3.0 version of her with all the corrections.

Heroic Master of Magic kalel0201's Avatar
    All know is, as soon as this baby get delivered to my door.....off comes that Teela dress and on goes fix it sculpt. She's just to close to 200X that every single time I see her...I'm gonna she whats she's not! I love her cuz this has taken me halfway to a proper 200X Lyn! A customizing I shall go!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    I can´t believe how people that asked three years for a 200x Evil-Lyn are fine with this version now. Or even happy about it. And most definetly, with Sorceress, Star-Sisters and friggin Shadow Weaver out there, I don´t get how anyone can mention this insult to 200x fans to be the BEST female reveal of the day.

I love the headsculpt. I dig the cloak. I´m looking forward to seeing the spellcasting staff. And the bio is supercool. But why did they have to paint her in 200x colors, when with the Filmation rights they could as well have painted her in Filmation colors and save a little more tooling money for a PROPER 200x Evil-Lyn???
    As many people have mentioned now, she could reuse BP She-Ras boots and would only need a new dress. A single two-piece outfit to fit the female buck 2.0 and every single fan would have been happy. Vintage fans are happy with Simpsons-Lyn, Filmation fans are happy with Battleground Lyn in Filmation colors, and 200x fans would be happy with their 200x version of Lyn.
    Dang.
    As much as I love all the reveals and marvellous announcments, I could go berserk about this variant.

I am in full rage about this figure, so I better stop posting on this matter now, or I´ll turn green and hulksmash something.
    I don't think they are "fine" with it. More like "It'll work until we get a better version". Battleground Lyn isn't perfect, but she works well enough for the time being. Fortunately for us, Evil-Lyn is popular enough a character and 200X Evil-Lyn is a popular enough version for Mattel to have another go at her. All the figure really needs for a "Battleground Evil-Lyn 2.0" figure is a newly tooled 200X PURPLE dress based on her MYP/original toy, rather than the staction. And her 200X Snow Cape for good measure. Other than the leotard/dress, the figure is great!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    It's 200x Evil Lyn done in "Classics design", which is what we will get for every single character ever made in this line.

I think she's perfect! Can't wait to get her.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    It's 200x Evil Lyn done in "Classics design", which is what we will get for every single character ever made in this line.
    The point of asking for her was getting an Evil-Lyn that wasn't a Teela repaint. No one is asking for a full-on 200X translation, just the purple 200X/MYP dress that character is known for.

I think she's perfect! Can't wait to get her.
    I can't wait to get her either, but her only flaw is that Teela dress. I think she's better than the first Evil-Lyn and spices up that first figure with a cape. However, the Teela leotard re-use is what the 200X figure fixed and she doesn't match the design elements of her father. His colors, but not the designs.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The point of asking for her was getting an Evil-Lyn that wasn't a Teela repaint. No one is asking for a full-on 200X translation, just the purple 200X/MYP dress that character is known for.
    Exactly. A 200x Evil Lyn would just reuse the same head sculpt from the current one for instance. There's no need for a new head.

Even King Grayskull got a unique harness. Evil Lyn still didn't get her own outfit. A freaking concept figure like Vikor got a new loincloth, right bicep, wrist shackles, etc.

It's the reused Teela outfit that's the problem. That bothers me on a fundamental level. An A-List character (one of three motu females) can't even get her own outfit.