Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Battleground Evil-Lyn: Discussion thread

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Well He-Man is fantasy...

And yes, I do not find women with short hair attractive, but this is not the place for that discussion.

Preach on Brother!

I'm right there with ya! Now that's not to say that a short hair CAN'T Look pretty on a girl... but it's usually a case of the girl is hot DESPITE of the haircut rather than BECAUSE of it

Some Gal look good REGARDLESS of what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Preach on Brother!

I'm right there with ya! Now that's not to say that a short hair CAN'T Look pretty on a girl... but it's usually a case of the girl is hot DESPITE of the haircut rather than BECAUSE of it

I prefer women with long hair, shoulder or otherwise, but that being said...short hair on a woman can look gorgeous. It's just that not every woman can pull it off. Some of them think they can, but they can't.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Women "of a certain age" generally have short hair. It's probably because it's easier to take care of, so it's one less thing to worry about when you're older? I don't know the reason.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Ok...

So my extra BGEL arrived with the Wind Raider the other day, but I was in Miami for new years. We just got back.

PROS: she's beautiful... I know people wanted a different outfit, and I'm convinced we will get that outfit, but this figure is exquisite LOOKING. The paint apps were nearly flawless, especially on the heads. The cape is excellent. The spell-claw is nice. The GITD orb is awesome.

CONS: I'm sorry, but she is CHEAP. I don't mean the repaint factor, I mean the plastic. This figure is nowhere near as heavy, or solid as EL 1.0. The weapons were all bent. The helmet's crown points are all warped . The right hand was warped open and can't hold the weapons properly. The right hand isn't flush with the gauntlet.

I'm glad I only bought one sub next year. I just can't stomach the obvious choice by Mattel to cut costs on this line in such a way that it has affected the quality

Beautiful sculpts, colors, designs, etc deserve beautiful production.

I do like this figure a lot. Oddly enough, she's completely overshadowing this Wind Raider lol!!! Which, aside from a few paint scratches, came out nicely!
    Last edited by bcrduke; January 3, 2012 at 01:58am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Ok...

So my extra BGEL arrived with the Wind Raider the other day, but I was in Miami for new years. We just got back.

PROS: she's beautiful... I know people wanted a different outfit, and I'm convinced we will get that outfit, but this figure is exquisite LOOKING. The paint apps were nearly flawless, especially on the heads. The cape is excellent. The spell-claw is nice. The GITD orb is awesome.

CONS: I'm sorry, but she is CHEAP. I don't mean the repaint factor, I mean the plastic. This figure is nowhere near as heavy, or solid as EL 1.0. The weapons were all bent. The helmet's crown points are all warped . The right hand was warped open and can't hold the weapons properly. The right hand isn't flush with the gauntlet.

I'm glad I only bought one sub next year. I just can't stomach the obvious choice by Mattel to cut costs on this line in such a way that it has affected the quality

Beautif sculpts, colors, designs, etc deserve beautiful production.

Sucks if quality got cheaper, but prices went up. Now you got me thinking about my figures to come.

So cut cost by doing that, and still raise the figure prices? nice, that's all I can say....
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    So cut cost by doing that, and still raise the figure prices? nice, that's all I can say....
    If the quality goes back to the way figures like Zodac, Vikor, Evil-Lyn 1.0 were, I'll be happy.

Can't stop looking at BGEL though. She's a great looking figure.

The year, despite it's issues, was a great one for MOTU and for us!
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Preach on Brother!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

[QUOTE=bcrduke;2916384]CONS: I'm sorry, but she is CHEAP. I don't mean the repaint factor, I mean the plastic. This figure is nowhere near as heavy, or solid as EL 1.0. The weapons were all bent. The helmet's crown points are all warped . The right hand was warped open and can't hold the weapons properly. The right hand isn't flush with the gauntlet.[/QUOTE=bcrduke;2916384]

*heavy sighs & huffing* - have you hbeen able to fix the warping?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

[QUOTE=Eternian Poet;2916766]
    CONS: I'm sorry, but she is CHEAP. I don't mean the repaint factor, I mean the plastic. This figure is nowhere near as heavy, or solid as EL 1.0. The weapons were all bent. The helmet's crown points are all warped . The right hand was warped open and can't hold the weapons properly. The right hand isn't flush with the gauntlet.[/QUOTE=bcrduke;2916384]

*heavy sighs & huffing* - have you hbeen able to fix the warping?
    well my Evil-Lyn has arrive two Days ago , and to be honest my Evil-Lyn is not warping at all , and the quality is not a bit lesser than other Masters
    Toy - Gallery`s ? , well ... Look here
    alone 400 Transformers Act΄s

Phewf. Something to watch for, though....
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    well my Evil-Lyn has arrive two Days ago , and to be honest my Evil-Lyn is not warping at all , and the quality is not a bit lesser than other Masters
    Yeah I don't see the same issues as Brian did either, my BGEL feels the same as the other women figures. None of my stuff was warped either.

I honestly don't see a loss in quality, maybe I will pull out EL 1.0 and BGEL and play with them to see

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

My Battleground Evil Lyn arrived Today! yay!
    The Good:
    The glossy black helmet DOES look wonderful.
    The "Guy Gardner" cut isn't as bad on the figure than it was on the prototype.
    Harder Catra hand, that's cool!
    GITD staff top is cool as well.
    The paintjob is busy and distracting enough that it kinda makes you forget that it's the Teela dress, yet again.
    The Soft dress is nice...
    Bracer Articulation: Why didn't they think of this before!?

The Bad:
    Mangled Purple orb.
    Warped orb pieces
    Warped Staff
    Warped Knife...
    Splotchy paintjob all around the figure and paint chipped off the orb holders
    The Cape!!

For a "repaint" she's OK... Could have been a LOT Better if she wasn't a repaint and had something more unique to her in the Torso area...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Alright here's a semi-coherent, long-winded (insert your favorite term here, like rant, essay, etc.) on why *I* do not feel that Battleground Evil Lyn is "Great":

-She's Reusing Teela's Dress
    As I've stated before, Evil Lyn was Not meant to wear Teela's dress, as seen in the cross sell art, The Filmation Cartoon, the Live action Movie, Both the 200X toyline and Cartoon. In all of these she had a different dress than Teela. Since Evil Lyn was on one of the earlier waves she got stuck with Teela's outfit...
    Evil-Lyn always intended to have the same outfit as Teela in the vintage line. Just different color. The cross art looks just like how the figure of Teela looked. The art for Teela looked different than the figure cause it went through many changes til they came up with what they did. For Filmation, they had to change the design so they can easily reuse the art. That's why Man At Arms has armor on both sides, She-Ra doesn't have the star burst like the toy did. It was simplified! The only change they did was make sure Evil-Lyn's outfit didn't look like Teela cause some might confuse the two for some reason. The 200X design didn't have to worry and they came up with their own look to reflect the changes made through out the MOTU universe. The MOTUC is to be a take on the look from the 200X cause people wanted a version that wasn't yellow. And who knows? we might get a full 200X looking costume sometime in the future. but this was a cheap way to get a alternate cheap Lyn out there.

Now I hope that makes sense.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    ...the "BG EL sucks" folks kept posting over and over and over, drowning out those who just wanted to talk about the toy we DID get, not rehash the six months of complaints from the 200x fan base about her. It wasn't about agreeing on anything - it was about discussing the actual figure we got, not complaints that it didn't look like what some wanted it to. There is nothing to agree or disagree on - it was the fact that the same people kept posting over and over about a figure it wasn't, not what it was. Lots of people popped in to try, but then it's pages of the same folks ranting about her that drowned out and discouraged people from posting. I mean, in spite of posts I've seen here and elsewhere that you have opened your mind up to the fact that YES, some of us DO like and even love that figure - here you are, again questioning if I even like her or not, LOL. Seriously...
    I'm not questioning if YOU like BGEL or not. We all know you're the biggest fan of that figure.

And you've made it quite clear. Just like Tallstar has made it quite clear she wants more Star Sisters. And what you both have in common is this thought that somehow you have the power to dictate every decision this line makes, and if it isn't to your specifications, somehow Mattel has done you wrong. This sense of entitlement is getting out of hand, we "settle" for what they decide to give us as the designers of these figures - we are damn lucky we get any input, at all.

It was said at her very announcement that more EL variants could very well be in the works - but you guys missed that for quite some time, you drowned it out (I believe I was the one who brought it to your attention that it wasn't new information a month or two back - we've known since last August). Let's not be playing "TG" here and rewriting history.
    Tallstar is a guy.

Actually, we had to point that out to YOU when you kept on telling us that there would be no 200X version in the original BGEL thread. You kept saying that Battleground Evil-Lyn was it, remember?

It's clear in the many posts between us and others with you on this topic, here and elsewhere, that it's really a pointless discussion to have. You think people "settled" for something, because they were entitled to something else. THIS IS A SPECTACULAR LOOKING FIGURE. Many of us feel that way - but as you can see from the posts in that protected thread, and the ones you can read in between the constant belly-aching in the regular BG EL thread, that not everyone "settled" for anything. This figure, as I and others have said, was the PERFECT example of classics - melding of several different styles. But we are going around in circles yet again - it wasn't what you and your buddies wanted, so therefore it was the enemy and since you guys don't like her there is just no way anyone else can. You've made that quite clear.
    You're putting words in my mouth. I've never said that. I'm always telling people not to tell me what I should want. No one was telling you NOT to enjoy her. We wanted our own version. Unfortunately, when some fans told Mattel why this version of Evil-Lyn doesn't work, you're so sensitive to ANY criticism of this figure that you had to defend it.

Hopeless.

She isn't "missing" anything. She is the character she is - a vintage style Evil-Lyn in more modern colors. If she had been part of the MOTU line sans yellow skin version, I think this is pretty close to what we would have gotten. They never labeled her as 200x Evil Lyn. YOU DID. They have told you a 200x Evil Lyn is on the table, and would be a 2.0 buck as well. You guys would have been complaining just as much if the little skirt had been there but she couldn't move her waist.

Yet...still denying that people like her. Still playing the wounded solider. The wronged party.
    There you go tossing out insults again. And putting words in my mouth. Sigh.

Let me break it down for you once again: Eric Treadaway said that they couldn't put the skirt on her because they were developing the 2.0 body, otherwise she would have been a 200X Evil-Lyn and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Furthermore, you don't know what the fans who wanted a 200X Evil-Lyn would think of an articulated waist, because you've never asked them.

I never denied that some fans really like Battleground Evil-Lyn. But there are fans out there who have settled for her as a placeholder.

Tallstar, Dark Spectre - this is why I think it's best to let the SS go, at least for now. Or you'll end up here eight months later, still feeling sour like some folks are about BG EL. There have been a lot of posts saying, "I got the SS, they aren't so bad once you get them out of the package" which is a danged miracle. Yet...that is getting drowned out by a few people asking for new ones already. This is the line between unrealistic feelings of entitlement, and sharing your opinions. Share your opinions all you want, but when you become the "wronged" party, the "ignored", etc. - it's not healthy for ANYONE.

Mattle doesn't owe us anything but a line that runs smoothly, payments taken appropriately, and correct assembly of figures. Since they are having such a hard time at this, I'm starting to think it's no wonder, when we have fans like above bragging that they made such a stink that they made TG take the time you make a release about a design decision on a figure. They took a bunch of influences and made a new, really neat EL - and by some miracle they made the Star Sisters who are extremely obscure (listing all the foreign RETAILER catalogs they are in just proves that point). Instead of being happy, a certain segment of fans takes over the discussion and drowns out everyone else. Like the figure, or not - your decisions, ladies and gents. But to think that anyone at Mattel owes you a certain design of a certain figure because some people on a message board said so is the epitome of false entitlement. That makes a certain brand manager who comes across with having a very strong ego pale in comparison to small groups of fans on a message board who think they rule the Universe.
    That's BS. Fans who like Battleground Evil-Lyn can post how much they like the figure. It's only when you start harping on the fans who aren't pleased, when it becomes an argument. Remember, this thread was peaceful until you showed up.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)